AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-18, 00:53   Link #6761
arand017
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
............................

Is that what I think it is... the ring that was sold.. and for only 500 yen, and yukiji has it.. major character development for her in the future then


EDIT: Gotta love that A-tan pic :3
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 04:23   Link #6762
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Did she pawn the guitar for alcohol money, or is she just bringing it with her? And why would she buy the ring? For her future husbando? Err....

....

Eh, whatever... It just looks like that Hayate will somehow get it, and return it to her. Probably by doing Yukiji a favor, or two for it...

Hmm...

Or maybe someone else will get their hands on it (besides Yukiji). But again I ask, why would she buy it?

............
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 09:57   Link #6763
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Or maybe someone else will get their hands on it (besides Yukiji). But again I ask, why would she buy it?

............
You sounds like people need a lot of reason to spend 500 yen. Maybe she just found it lovely and she happened to have 500 yen to spare.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 10:03   Link #6764
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Do want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
You sounds like people need a lot of reason to spend 500 yen. Maybe she just found it lovely and she happened to have 500 yen to spare.
Seriously, a ring of that quality for about $5? You'd be a fool not to buy it. However, the fact that it's still for sale, and only 500 yen, leads me to believe it may be cursed in some fashion.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 12:13   Link #6765
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
holy shit the ring!!? oh wow I cant wait for further developments
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:48   Link #6766
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
However, the fact that it's still for sale, and only 500 yen, leads me to believe it may be cursed in some fashion.
Like curse to be an alcoholic or idiot?

Actually, I bet she pawned her guitar to buy a birthday gift for Hina.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:17   Link #6767
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Actually, I bet she pawned her guitar to buy a birthday gift for Hina.
Unless that's a flashback, she'd be a couple of months late. Hard to tell where those fall into time-lines, though.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:17   Link #6768
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Like curse to be an alcoholic or idiot?
I don't think thouse are curses though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Actually, I bet she pawned her guitar to buy a birthday gift for Hina.
That would be an interesting twist

Anyway, looking forward to buying the volume...sometime in 2012-13

*cries*

BTW, I absolutely love how Ikusa left Athena like that in the forest w/ shirosakura. on volume 24 opener.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:20   Link #6769
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: existence
Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless that's a flashback, she'd be a couple of months late. Hard to tell where those fall into time-lines, though.
It might be quite a bit of time back, and she's selling off the guitar to pay the debt their parents left them with.

Also makes it a little more likely that the ring would still be there back then. Though the price is still unexplained.
__________________
Arcion's is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 12:50   Link #6770
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Do want.



Seriously, a ring of that quality for about $5? You'd be a fool not to buy it. However, the fact that it's still for sale, and only 500 yen, leads me to believe it may be cursed in some fashion.



School Tower = Mt Doom?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 05:58   Link #6771
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, it worked for Maria... and for Hina in the Revolve chapter.

By the way, has anyone checked this particular pic from volume 23?

Spoiler:


Whoops.. wrong volume...

Spoiler:


Shit... wrong pic...

Okay, this is it:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
............................

Is that what I think it is... the ring that was sold.. and for only 500 yen, and yukiji has it.. major character development for her in the future then


EDIT: Gotta love that A-tan pic :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Did she pawn the guitar for alcohol money, or is she just bringing it with her? And why would she buy the ring? For her future husbando? Err....

....

Eh, whatever... It just looks like that Hayate will somehow get it, and return it to her. Probably by doing Yukiji a favor, or two for it...

Hmm...

Or maybe someone else will get their hands on it (besides Yukiji). But again I ask, why would she buy it?

............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
holy shit the ring!!? oh wow I cant wait for further developments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Like curse to be an alcoholic or idiot?

Actually, I bet she pawned her guitar to buy a birthday gift for Hina.
Dude...Did I see what I saw!? It's the ring that given to Hayate by Athena 10 years ago, for which was pawned by Hayate's parents. And it cost 500 Yen!? That's too cheap man. It should have to be very expensive than that since it should consider as an artifact due to its look. And yes, that ring would take place in the future. Plus, about Yukiji, will she buy or not to buy? We shall see...

@Tom
Dude, Hina's birthday is already over.

@Xello
What!? School clock tower = Mt. Doom!? Are you trying to pull out The Lord of The Rings parody for that? Speaking of which, you meant that ring may be consider as "The One Ring" in HnG. In other words, there is much more to learn about that ring than just consider it as an ordinary ring. By the way, who would be Gollum in HnG?

@Used Can
What Revolve Chapter that you're talking about? How it looks like?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:22   Link #6772
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
@Tom
Dude, Hina's birthday is already over.
Maybe it is just me, but this Yukiji looks younger than her current self. Anyway, my theory is that the scene happened quite some time ago.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:55   Link #6773
arand017
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I agree with Tom, Yukiji doesn't have a guitar now, or at least she hasn't shown it yet
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 01:51   Link #6774
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
Wasn't Yukiji wearing the exact same clothing in this picture to when she went to pick Hinagiku up? Also just noticed that the yakuza had a female Hakuo uniform which he convinced Hayate to wear in this chapter.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 06:40   Link #6775
l o o p
Athenafag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Wasn't Yukiji wearing the exact same clothing in this picture to when she went to pick Hinagiku up?
Don't know if you mean this one, but she's wearing those clothes

Spoiler:
l o o p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 15:39   Link #6776
Gambino009
Phantom
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the sea
Man... why can't Hayate do something cool to make money...

instead he does queer things you'd expect a secondary support character to do..
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 16:19   Link #6777
Fandal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If Klaus owns a building it kinda makes you wonder what Maria owns. How rich is Maria?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 16:47   Link #6778
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: existence
Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
If Klaus owns a building it kinda makes you wonder what Maria owns. How rich is Maria?
Klaus is the manager of the mansion that Nagi used to live in, it's possible that he's just the manager/owner of the place they want to purchase as Mikado's butler.
__________________
Arcion's is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 22:16   Link #6779
servidor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Monterrey
I think that Hayate might end buying the Mansion from Klaus or the Old Man.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 22:55   Link #6780
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
I think that Hayate might end buying the Mansion from Klaus or the Old Man.
I beg to differ. I think it is "paradise lost" or "out of Eden". Please also remember that this event precedes the scene that Nagi shouts on top of the skyscraper. Although a direct correlation is in no way solid, IMO it indicates that Nagi has not regained her Mansion.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.