AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-19, 07:01   Link #181
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Though the punching gags in episode 2 were funny after a while i honestly just stopped laughing. It just went on and on and on and i understand why they introduced this running gag but it was weak after a while. This girl is menace i means he can only serve half of the customers and if that customer happens to be a male she has the urge to beat the living hell out of him. So whats her great plan build up all her rage as much as she can serving male customers and when she cant take it anymore unleash her fury on Katanashi-kun poor guy . But what i did like was his smart ass comments to her throughout the episode lol but it only served to fuel her passion for him to accept her. Thus the result of the punching gag is revealed the potential romantic implications are written all over this one, i guess the first guy she could like would be the one who put up with her punching and helped her get over her problem.

A guy who like only cute little things, a highschooler that looks a grade schooler, a lazy ass manager, a chick with androphobia that beats any male that gets to close and another chick who constantly carries a sword. This is one twisted place to have a meal lol.
Old 2010-04-19, 12:23   Link #182
satomianzaki

wow poplar is really cute...i never liked lolis before...but taneshima is an exception...
it's funny to see sato grooming taneshima's hair...

satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 14:39   Link #183
Bombo
TSF Fans

looooooooooooooool the episode 3 was funny and alot stuff happen there...But the last part after ED was funniest LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG
Kyouko told iname Otoo san is a girl HAHAHAHA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
and good scene ..

.Iname hidding behined kata..I like it ^^ .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 16:49   Link #184
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Androphobic Inami----likes beating up --- Minicon Katanashi-----likes small---Loli Poplar----admires tall -----Sanji look-alike Satou----disturbingly likes-----sword-wielding Yachiyo-----likes serving food ------Glutton and Gand leader Kyouko likes food ------> Mr. Air Otoo's work.

I really like this wackiness!!
I wonder what kind of person the blue haired dude.
Old 2010-04-19, 17:51   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a store. On the positive for Takanashi he only got punched once in the episode. Though I suppose he wasn't a fan of his ribs getting crushed in that bear hug. What a touching hug . That was some interesting logic by Takanashi to get her to avoid beating up Otoo.

My condolences for Satou. Liking a girl that is full yuri for Kyouko. It's pretty much hopeless for him. Yachiyo's whole world revolves around doing something for Kyouko. While those kids were picking on Yachiyo I kind of worry about what happened to them . Poor Otoo though. His wife...wanders off and he nearly gets cut in half by Yachiyo.
Old 2010-04-19, 18:22   Link #186
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
My condolences for Satou. Liking a girl that is full yuri for Kyouko. It's pretty much hopeless for him. Yachiyo's whole world revolves around doing something for Kyouko. While those kids were picking on Yachiyo I kind of worry about what happened to them . Poor Otoo though. His wife...wanders off and he nearly gets cut in half by Yachiyo.
Yachiyo is very weird and funny. What was really funny was
Spoiler for when:

Otoo-san was a very interesting character this week. I don't know, something about him is...

On the whole, I believe that this episode was not at all good as the last episode. The jokes were not there (even though Imai was amazing as crap and she was not in this epsode as much.)
Hope next weeks is better
kuro341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 18:22   Link #187
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
*Watches episode 3.*

Thats it.
Next anime convention i'm so buying an expensive Katana and carry it around in public.
I'm gonna look so cooooooooool. *Smiles with shiny teeth and poses.*

(Days later, gets arrested.)

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:04   Link #188
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Remind me never to dye my hair blonde, have a hairstyle that covers one of my eye, takes up smoking and works as a chef. As anime has show me, it's a sure-fire way to ensure that my romantic pursuits will be futile...So we have two love triangles in this family restaurant, let's see how that plays out. I don't remember seeing much of that Souma guy in the manga, so next episode will be new for me.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:35   Link #189
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Possible guess of Otoo's missing wife...

Spoiler for It has to be her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Remind me never to dye my hair blonde, have a hairstyle that covers one of my eye, takes up smoking and works as a chef.
Seriously Satou's style reminds me of another chef from another anime..
Spoiler for =p:

Its kinda cool i think,except without that swirling eyebrow..and flirting attitude (good thing Satou isn't like that )
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:58   Link #190
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Androphobic Inami----likes beating up --- Minicon Katanashi-----likes small---Loli Poplar----admires tall -----Sanji look-alike Satou----disturbingly likes-----sword-wielding Yachiyo-----likes serving food ------Glutton and Gand leader Kyouko likes food ------> Mr. Air Otoo's work.

I really like this wackiness!!
I wonder what kind of person the blue haired dude.
A masochist who likes getting beaten up?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:02   Link #191
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

The thought did cross my mind when he mentioned how they got separated . If the level of being able to get lost is the same Otoo might want to start checking overseas as well.
Old 2010-04-20, 04:26   Link #192
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Jouji Nakata appears. \o/

Focus on Yachiyo is nice, because i was wondering why she was so obsessed with Kyoko. Now we know.

OP is seriously catchy. ED can be at times.
Old 2010-04-20, 04:47   Link #193
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:

Agreed, although she looks much cuter than the mask. Wait, Isumi is (at least currently) small too, right? Better not let Takanashi found her then...

Quote:
Seriously Satou's style reminds me of another chef from another anime..
Spoiler for =p:

Its kinda cool i think,except without that swirling eyebrow..and flirting attitude (good thing Satou isn't like that )
Yeah, he's the guy I have in mind. I know just two guys doesn't really make a trend, but I'm not taking any chances.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:02   Link #194
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
But the last part after ED was funniest LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG
.Iname hidding behined kata..I like it ^^ .
*agrees* I think this was my favourite part of the episode, especially how Takanashi managed to get her to overlook Otou-san by claiming that he was air, but still screwed up and reminded her that she still hadn't punched him (Takanashi) yet. Idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
OP is seriously catchy. ED can be at times.
I watched the ending several times for all the wrong reasons (they're not the best singers...though I'd give them full marks for effort)...but the opening is definitely growing on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro341 View Post
On the whole, I believe that this episode was not at all good as the last episode. The jokes were not there (even though Imai was amazing as crap and she was not in this epsode as much.)
eto...Inami-san?
Strangely enough, I thought the same (that the jokes weren't quite there)...until I sat down to watch it again and found it way more hilarious the second time round...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-04-20 at 07:34.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:32   Link #195
bloodraze

[QUOTE=Shiroth;3011981]Jouji Nakata appears. \o/

/QUOTE]

WAIT WHAT? Where?
bloodraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:23   Link #196
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodraze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jouji Nakata appears. \o/
WAIT WHAT? Where?
Otoo-san, the manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice
Strangely enough, I thought the same (that the jokes weren't quite there)...until I sat down to watch it again and found it way more hilarious the second time round...
I found exactly the same thing, going from raw to sub.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:54   Link #197
Roardel

I wonder why Wagnaria hasn't been bankrupt. The manager doesn't work, one waitress has a katana with her, the other is violent to men. I can't bear to stay that kind of restaurant only one second.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:59   Link #198
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
I wonder why Wagnaria hasn't been bankrupt. The manager doesn't work, one waitress has a katana with her, the other is violent to men. I can't bear to stay that kind of restaurant only one second.
It's like a trainwreck; people just keep going back. They can't help themselves.

Alternatively, the food's too fantastic for anyone to make the decision on anything else.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:41   Link #199
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Is it me or I feel like i've Yachiyo from another anime before?
Closed eyes.
Blonde.

Shino Ōkouchi from Kannagi?

Also is the orange head drunk, sexy female in the OP Inami's mum? O_O
*Drools.*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 09:40   Link #200
darktruth

This anime is definitely growing on me just as I thought it would when I looked at this season's list of series. Laughed when Yachiyo attacked the manager with her katana though I have to wonder why he hired these people in the first place if he actually knew what they were like (with the exception of Inami).

I'm already thinking of importing the limited edition R2J DVDs for this series even though we're only 3 eps into it (too bad it's not getting a Blu-ray release at the moment). It is strange though that the first volume only contains 1 episode but the 2nd volume makes up for it with the average 2 ep per volume anime DVD.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen