AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-20, 21:28   Link #1081
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's been a few posts in the last couple of pages that speculated on that idea (that the "boss battle" of the series might be Nanami). However, people who have read the novels might accidentally spill the beans in their excitement so I prefer to simply note the idea and wait to see what happens.
The raws of the novels are online and at the end of each book there is a profile of the characters. Basically you don't need a japanese background to figure out the future opponents but of course there is also wikipedia.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 21:54   Link #1082
Unellmay
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's been a few posts in the last couple of pages that speculated on that idea (that the "boss battle" of the series might be Nanami). However, people who have read the novels might accidentally spill the beans in their excitement so I prefer to simply note the idea and wait to see what happens.
Yeah no spoilers plz
Unellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 22:07   Link #1083
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
Interesting episode my fav so far,I'm growing to love this series lol.

Nanami is an interesting character.

yandere,sadist?
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 22:42   Link #1084
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Currently my only real complaint for the series is that Shichika (and now Nanami) are so goddmodded that a good lot of the excitement in the fights, which are excellently animated and choreographed, are lacking because you know they're so overpowered by virtue of technique or birth that you know they'll bust out some technique that completely blows their opponents out of the water.

At this point it wouldn't hurt to see them... you know... bleed or actually have some problems in a fight.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:10   Link #1085
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The raws of the novels are online and at the end of each book there is a profile of the characters. Basically you don't need a japanese background to figure out the future opponents but of course there is also wikipedia.
As I said pretty clearly, I'm not interested in know the outcome of the printed series and would prefer to enjoy the animated series as it comes to me.

After the anime completes, I might be interested in reading the printed version.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:33   Link #1086
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
So I heard Nanami's a crazy girl, and hey. Is that Vexx I see watching this series? My schedule's a little tight now, and I'm currently watching Angel Beats! and catching up on Needless, so I'll probably hop on after I marathon Needless.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:53   Link #1087
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Currently my only real complaint for the series is that Shichika (and now Nanami) are so goddmodded that a good lot of the excitement in the fights, which are excellently animated and choreographed, are lacking because you know they're so overpowered by virtue of technique or birth that you know they'll bust out some technique that completely blows their opponents out of the water.

At this point it wouldn't hurt to see them... you know... bleed or actually have some problems in a fight.
Just to be fair "supposely" Shichika had a hard time fighting the 4th guy but of course we didn't see jackshit.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:08   Link #1088
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Well, it's only natural to assume enemies will be getting stronger as they go, no?
Hakuhei was only the srongest swordsman.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-04-21 at 03:34.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:28   Link #1089
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
and it looks like the next guy is wearing an armor..... could it be the sword is some kind of armor because its the strongest shield.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:30   Link #1090
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and it looks like the next guy is wearing an armor..... could it be the sword is some kind of armor because its the strongest shield.
Well the name of the sword is called Armor so..... I don't see anything around it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 03:28   Link #1091
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At this point it wouldn't hurt to see them... you know... bleed or actually have some problems in a fight.
Which ofcourse, is exactly what we were supposed to have seen this episode...

I'm not sure Nanami is a yandere because she doesn't seem very obsessed with Shichika. Nor do I think she's a sadist. I just thinks she has completely different morals.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 04:46   Link #1092
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
when i first watched katanagatari all i cared about was the kind of swords they were going to collect.

now all i care about is seeing nanami fight again. too bad this series only comes once a month.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 12:55   Link #1093
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Which ofcourse, is exactly what we were supposed to have seen this episode...

I'm not sure Nanami is a yandere because she doesn't seem very obsessed with Shichika. Nor do I think she's a sadist. I just thinks she has completely different morals.
Dr. Manhattan....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 15:20   Link #1094
CodeGeass
Shichibukai
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manila, Philippines
Age: 26
damn.. nanami was a MONSTER!! haha.. those 3 insects have picked the wrong opponent..

well you cant blame them, nanami was a MONSTER in disguise haha..

no stance, genius, immortal to poison, and fragile.. (acts like one)

haha totally tricks her opponents..

aside from having a sharingan type of ability, she mastered kyoutoryuu
CodeGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 02:33   Link #1095
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeGeass View Post
damn.. nanami was a MONSTER!! haha.. those 3 insects have picked the wrong opponent..

well you cant blame them, nanami was a MONSTER in disguise haha..

no stance, genius, immortal to poison, and fragile.. (acts like one)

haha totally tricks her opponents..

aside from having a sharingan type of ability, she mastered kyoutoryuu
Her ability kinda dwarfs that. First, she doesnt need to see the full technique, and second, nothing is beyond her skill level to learn. It is quite scary, because there are alot techniques like those she saw that take time and a degree of body manipulation during that time as just a preperation for using it, and all of a sudden shes throwing it at people with a perfect mastery of it.

Even if a sharingan lijke power allows you to understand a move, its a different matter to actually add it to your arsenal.

God she is freaking scary. Her skill is at such a level that I will have to suspend disbelief if she ever loses a fight.

EDIT: Scary, but so very awesome. Katananamigatari!

Last edited by alu546; 2010-04-22 at 02:58.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 02:39   Link #1096
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Her ability kinda dwarfs than. First, she doesnt need to see the full technique, and second, nothing is beyond her skill level to learn. It is quite scary, because there are alot techniques like those she saw that take time and a degree of body manipulation during that time as just a preperation for using it, and all of a sudden shes throwing it at people with a perfect mastery of it.

Even if a sharingan lijke power allows you to understand a move, its a different matter to actually add it to your arsenal.

God she is freaking scary. Her skill is at such a level that I will have to suspend disbelief if she ever loses a fight.
To be fair her ability requires her to see it twice to use it with 100% power.
See it once and she'll understand how it basically it works and see it twice and she'll know it clearly.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 02:43   Link #1097
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I also just want to add that I found it amusing how the narrator at the end quoted their motto and and added "and were squashed like bugs". A bit of sass from the narrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Dr. Manhattan....
Lol. XD
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 02:59   Link #1098
ac3y
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
This episode just made me a little bit irritated.

Nanami seems like the kind of mary sue that a 12 year old would create. Cute, learns everything pretty well instantly, totally batshit insane, and throw in some bullshit "frailty" weakness-that-isn't-really-a-weakness, and a whole troubled childhood past.

Am I ringin some bells?
__________________
Tsunderes are less fun in real life.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 03:07   Link #1099
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
This episode just made me a little bit irritated.

Nanami seems like the kind of mary sue that a 12 year old would create. Cute, learns everything pretty well instantly, totally batshit insane, and throw in some bullshit "frailty" weakness-that-isn't-really-a-weakness, and a whole troubled childhood past.

Am I ringin some bells?
Not really since Mary Sue's aren't meant to be amoral, creepy, willing to torture like it's an everyday thing, and consider ripping their little brothers nails off an act of dscipline.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 03:19   Link #1100
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To be fair her ability requires her to see it twice to use it with 100% power.
See it once and she'll understand how it basically it works and see it twice and she'll know it clearly.
I kinda wonder about that honestly. It kinda felt like a vague summary.

When talking about Tsume Arase, the general implication is that the next time she uses it it will be better, which basically means she knows what she needs to do differently now that she used it. So eventually, even without seeing it again it will be mastered.

And im sure there are things she gets on the first try as well. Since people dont operate on the linear description she gave. Likewise, I am sure there are somethings (very few[IF AT ALL] considering her omgpower) that she would need to see more than twice.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.