AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-20, 03:30   Link #1221
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
You comparin Erza with Happy and asked who are more attractive? (oh you mean effective) .. but my point still stands
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:36   Link #1222
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
You comparin Erza with Happy and asked who are more attractive? (oh you mean effective) .. but my point still stands
LOL I may find blue male felines with wings attractive!

I was more thinking about Erza's fear pep talk vs Happy telling him to wait for Gray.

So does Natsu respond better to positive motivation or a put down?
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:55   Link #1223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
The chances of Natsu not fighting and waiting for Gray to appear are 100% low.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:59   Link #1224
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The chances of Natsu not fighting and waiting for Gray to appear are 100% low.
I was thinking about how Happy motivated Natsu during the fight with Erigor.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 04:25   Link #1225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I wouldn't really call that motivation though.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 04:48   Link #1226
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't really call that motivation though.
He did get fired up, lucky for Happy he has a goldfish memory
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:14   Link #1227
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I was more thinking about Erza's fear pep talk vs Happy telling him to wait for Gray.

So does Natsu respond better to positive motivation or a put down?
Well, as Shonen rules dictate, while rivalry can indeed be a strong fcactor to get you fired up and become stronger (for example, Vegeta) the motivation to protect / carry the will of a friend is the strongest one of all. So I say that Erza's one is more effective than Happy's.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:45   Link #1228
Ash Falls Town
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Adelaide
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
He did get fired up, lucky for Happy he has a goldfish memory
Erza's pep talk was definetly more motivating than Happy's insult but Erza did have to get injured before hers worked.

A well worded insult is much easier to set up even if the results aren't as good.
__________________
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:59   Link #1229
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 22
Just finished the episode and wow, what a step up in terms of animation quality! Let's hope they keep this quality up, especially in terms of further fight scenes

A few thoughts after watching the episode;

- How does Mirajane know everything?! It's like she's becoming the de facto exposition narrator or something

- Love how they added in original material that hints at further storylines. A bit of Porlyusica and Makarov back-story that's not in the manga (if my memory serves me correctly)... Wow, Makarov actually had spiked yellow hair A bit of Loke's past is finally shown in the anime, which gets me excited (I really like Loke's past in the manga).

- Sadly they omitted a few other points in the manga which left me a little confused because it's the first time I'm watching a manga-adapted anime whose manga I actually read. Stuff like

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:


This episode is just a prelude to the upcoming action, and creates a lot of loose threads that are just waiting to be answered. Although I don't think I was the only one disappointed when Erza took out Aria in just one hit Looking forward to the fight between the Two Dragon Slayers next week!

PS: Natsu's power is affirmed by Erza now. He isn't going to be bothered by Happy's reverse psychology of Gray being stronger than him when Gray is just a small fry (oops, I didn't just say that~)
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:06   Link #1230
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post


Still, it was nicely handled how they're hinting at his backstory. More anime original material that did a grand job.
Just for comparison what chapter in the manga was it that Lucy got kidnapped?
I can't seem to find it, and from my memory. Didn't Loki arrive late to the scene when Gajeel already made his getaway?

Man I love the anime makers right now.
__________________
Get going... Badass will cover you!

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2010-04-20 at 09:09.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:08   Link #1231
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
@ ed.. yea.. I'm surprised they omitted that part as well.. My only guess right now is that he is excluded from this season anime That is his most significant contribution earlier in the manga anyway.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:19   Link #1232
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Just for comparison what chapter in the manga was it that Lucy got kidnapped?
If i remember correctly, i think it's chapter 58 or 59. It's around there anyway.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 08:22   Link #1233
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
- How does Mirajane know everything?! It's like she's becoming the de facto exposition narrator or something
Barmaids and receptionists know all the juicy gossip!
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 08:42   Link #1234
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Might be right with that comparable. At least in how Slayers and Fairy Tail have their serious moments, but they still manage to fit in the comedy no matter what's going on. Of course Slayers had a lot more blood in the earlier seasons which you probably won't find much of with this anime.
Fairy Tail is also like Slayers in that it's protagonists start off already powerful and (in)famous. The lack of blood in the FT anime is just hazards of the timeslot/network it landed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is there any possibility the censoring will drop later on? I mean, when someone's on the verge of death, they gotta cough blood from the mouth and not just be "oh, the paaain!".
Probably not, as it's probably at the request of the network. The might be able to lessen the censorship if they changed timeslots, but otherwise is unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcencielle View Post
Episode 26 was the worst episode ever.

Erza tells Natsu to stand up for his friend and he powers up with "wing of flame"
It certainly lacked the dramatic impact. I did not feel that Natsu really endeavored to achieve his new power at all. With his "eager" desire to protect his friends, his power grew.
If that happened in DBZ, Goku would have become SSJ right in the beginning and would've beat the crap out of every villain that came at him.

Just a terrible, terrible episode, except the animation quality.
As others have said, that wasn't some new power like SSJ. It was the same principle as when he was fighting Eligor. Strong emotions = increased power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
- Sadly they omitted a few other points in the manga which left me a little confused because it's the first time I'm watching a manga-adapted anime whose manga I actually read. Stuff like

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:
Spoiler for Manga spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Just for comparison what chapter in the manga was it that Lucy got kidnapped?
I can't seem to find it, and from my memory. Didn't Loki arrive late to the scene when Gajeel already make his getaway?

Man I love the anime makers right now.
Chapter 59. A fun bit of trivia is that Mashima apparently originally intended to include a Gajeel/Loke fight there, but ended up cutting it due to time constraints.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 10:16   Link #1235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
A fun bit of trivia is that Mashima apparently originally intended to include a Gajeel/Loke fight there, but ended up cutting it due to time constraints.
That's pretty interesting. I'm sure he was pleased with this weeks episode then.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 13:37   Link #1236
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Barmaids and receptionists know all the juicy gossip!
As was shown in the Lisanna flashback episode, part of Mirajane's job is to help organize Fairy Tail's archives and records and generally keep track of things. Since she doesn't go on jobs anymore, she's probably dedicated herself toward studying up on magic and making herself useful that way.

I doubt she was much of a deep well of knowledge in her younger days (judging from what we've seen, she was more of a "destroy first, ask questions later" type)

Also, Mirajane is a former S-class wizard, and Erza seems pretty knowledgeable of things too, so maybe it's just a matter of experience (that the other lower ranked wizards lack).
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 17:25   Link #1237
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

Chapter 59. A fun bit of trivia is that Mashima apparently originally intended to include a Gajeel/Loke fight there, but ended up cutting it due to time constraints.
awesome! this means the studio has bothered to consult the author before putting in animal original materials. Now that's the way to make fillers!
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 05:47   Link #1238
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Fairy Tail takes elements from a lot of anime and rpgs. It see some Dragon Quest, FMA, One Piece, Naruto, old Final Fantasies, and a ton of other stuff mashed into this. It's pretty good even if it's derivative. Took good parts from other works of fiction and mixed them together for a satisfying anime.

I think this appeals to people who have played old school jrpgs or modern mmos.

This anime is compared to One Piece but it really isn't. Natsu just bares a slight superficial resemblance to Luffy but he's way more like Edward Elric from FMA. Natsu isn't simple minded or naive. He's just an impulsive "hot head."

Lucy is Winry Rockbell's clone, by the way. She's probably Natsu's love interest but instead of being a regular love interest, she'll probably get very strong as a mage as well.

Erza is the tough girl super woman, the big sister of the group. The "serious" one even though she's a goofball, also. We've seen female characters like her before but she takes the role of a Roronoa Zoro or Roy Mustang in this anime. She is fills the role of the "second most bad ass good guy fighter" in the series but she's a girl instead of a guy. Also, even though she would be the second most powerful... she isn't really a serious rival. Oh yeah, she's what happens to a magical pretty girl when she grows up.

Gray is Natsu's best friend. When we first see them they bicker but they aren't really rivals. They just like to horse around over anything. He's third most powerful but not by much, as in he's almost as powerful as the two strongest. He's the guy that's supposed to be "cool and dashing" one.


Everyone is a buddy and somewhat accomplished in their profession when the series starts. They are all card carrying, sanctioned guild mages that go around doing good deeds and questing.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-04-23 at 14:46.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 06:01   Link #1239
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Fairy Tail takes elements from a lot of anime and rpgs. It see some Dragon Quest, FMA, One Piece, Naruto, old Final Fantasies, and a ton of other stuff mashed into this. It's pretty good even if it's derivative. Took good parts from other works of fiction and mixed them together for a satisfying anime.

I think this appeals to people who have played old school jrpgs or modern mmos.

This anime is compared to One Piece but it really isn't. Natsu just bares a slight superficial resemblance to Luffy but he's way more like Edward Elric from FMA. Natsu isn't simple minded or naive. He's just an impulsive "hot head."

Lucy is Winry Rockbell's clone, by the way. She's probably Natsu's love interest but instead of being a regular love interest, she'll probably get very strong as a mage as well.

Erza is the tough girl super woman, the big sister of the group. The "serious" one even though she's a goofball, also. We've seen female characters like her before but she takes the role of a Roronoa Zoro or Roy Mustang in this anime. She is fills the role of the "second most bad ass good guy fighter" in the series but she's a girl instead of a guy. Also, even though she would be the second most powerful... she isn't really a serious rival. Oh yeah, she's what happens to a magical pretty girl when she grows up.

Gray is Natsu's best friend. When we first see them they bicker but they aren't really rivals. They just like to horse around over anything. He's third most powerful but not by much, as in he's almost as powerful as the two strongest. He's the guy that's supposed to be "cool and dashing" one.


Everyone is a buddy and somewhat accomplished in their profession when the series starts. They are all card carrying, sanctioned guild mages that go around doing good deeds and questing.
I must say that's a very good sum up of Fairy Tail main characters. I esp like the comparisons with FMA characters. I can so see Roy in Erza's role. Both of them are portrayed as serious and smart but with a funny and human side to them. You just can't love them despite their being so sober all the time.

With Gray... he might be like Hughes in FMA, reckon?
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 17:33   Link #1240
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Episode 26 was an amazing episode. Got to see a little bit of what Loke can do, and some allusions to his past. There was also Erza's awesome return to action, is that the same black armor we seen before or is this set different? Either way I rather like it. I have to wonder if maybe Erza's powers weren't inspired from dress sphere thing from Final Fantasy X-2, Also an MMO of this anime would be awesome.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.