AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-07, 13:13   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
As usual, moving.
Exactly. This easily has the chance at being my favorite song from the franchise.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:18   Link #62
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
100 times better than MGS4's "Here's To You". Follows very close on the heels of "Calling to the Night" and "Snake Eater" IMO.

Why do with the games with Naked Snake all have the kick-arse vocal themes? =p
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:34   Link #63
Flo
The Necessary Evil
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Peeing on Stinku's Grave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
100 times better than MGS4's "Here's To You". Follows very close on the heels of "Calling to the Night" and "Snake Eater" IMO.

Why do with the games with Naked Snake all have the kick-arse vocal themes? =p
Because Big Boss deserved some Big Themes
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 07:58   Link #64
-Sho-
~Omedet~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Let's keep with crossovers .
When Square Enix meets MGS :

http://kotaku.com/5511861/metal-gear...-front-mission
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:07   Link #65
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Peace Walker's latest PV



Did You Rike It?
Interesting... and weird.

Even though i see a blond girl singing, all i hear is Nana Mizuki singing.

And when i saw Big Boss, Master Miller & their men behind Paz, i thought to myself "Oh God No! Their gonna dance!"
But thankfully they didn't. Thank God they didn't.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:05   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
There's also references to the Assassin's Creed series in terms of fighting included for the final game.

BTW, some stuff I got.



MGS: Peacewalker co-op gameplay in English for the demo.



Introduction of the MGS: Peacewalker in English.

I swear that's gotta be Yuri there in the start.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 03:12   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Perfect Score in Famitsu.

Quote:
News:

- [PSP] Project K (*new* Ryu Ga Gotoku) (Sega)

Reviews:

・ Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) - 10, 10, 10, 10
・ Super Street Fighter IV (PS3/Xbox 360) - 9, 9, 9, 8
- Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360) - 8, 9, 8, 8
PSP keeps getting dope stuff in Japan.. it's really been near even with the DS the last two years and that's with a Dragonquest coming out in that period too..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 04:03   Link #68
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
^ Not surprising considering MGS4 got a perfect score from them too.

I gotta say though in my eyes reviewers are pretty damn biased when it comes to the MGS series, giving it such good reception.

While MGS is an amazing series, I still think the games are far from perfect. Heck I find it kinda hard to believe anything could be called perfect.

Ah well, don't change a formula that works too much I guess.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 16:24   Link #69
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Kotaku has spilled the goods on Famitsu's devious ways:

http://kotaku.com/5520937/do-not-tru...-review-scores
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 20:34   Link #70
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
There were more questionable games in the past; famitsu score hasn't been the indicator of a perfect game for a long time.
__________________
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 17:49   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Kotaku has spilled the goods on Famitsu's devious ways:

http://kotaku.com/5520937/do-not-tru...-review-scores
It's true, but Kotaku in general is lolz.

Kotaku, calling Famitsu's journalistic credibility into question. Thanks, I needed the laugh!

Pretty much says it all..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 22:07   Link #72
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's true, but Kotaku in general is lolz.

Kotaku, calling Famitsu's journalistic credibility into question. Thanks, I needed the laugh!

Pretty much says it all..
Kotaku is a blog though, so they can be as biased and silly as they want.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 07:48   Link #73
plmko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Played the first 3 chapters, and this game is worth the whole 40 points in the Famitsu review so who cares if its a fake review.

If you loved Metal Gear 3, from the introduction onwards your head will literally explode in delight.

Interactive cutscenes FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Kotaku is a blog though, so they can be as biased and silly as they want.
Although considering its weight and prominence in the gaming industry, they do have a responsibility to think twice.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:30   Link #74
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
Played the first 3 chapters, and this game is worth the whole 40 points in the Famitsu review so who cares if its a fake review.

If you loved Metal Gear 3, from the introduction onwards your head will literally explode in delight.

Interactive cutscenes FTW!



Although considering its weight and prominence in the gaming industry, they do have a responsibility to think twice.
And it sparked all the backlash and accusations...

http://classygamer.blogspot.com/2010...ocrisy_27.html

but seems to have died down for now.


Anyway, Peacewalker is a great game. I only played it for a bit, got up to the first boss, and it's a fun game. Many flaws from MGS portable ops has been addressed, and the little extras here and there are nice. Presentation is superb so far.
__________________
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 23:22   Link #75
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
^ Not surprising considering MGS4 got a perfect score from them too.

I gotta say though in my eyes reviewers are pretty damn biased when it comes to the MGS series, giving it such good reception.

While MGS is an amazing series, I still think the games are far from perfect. Heck I find it kinda hard to believe anything could be called perfect.

Ah well, don't change a formula that works too much I guess.
I liked it when it was more military and espionage oriented....before it started trying to appeal to otaku Visual Novel gamer way to much with characters like the Beauty and The Beast Corps, Akiba, Ninja Emo Raiden, Sunny...just about everything about MGS 4 really. It looks like Peace Walker is trying to strike the same tone going by the idol chick singing a pop song in the PV.

It wasn't even all that long ago really...we're talking like Snake Eater which I thought was a fun experience. Though even they I felt they were pushing it a little with the Cutscene to Gameplay Ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's true, but Kotaku in general is lolz.

Kotaku, calling Famitsu's journalistic credibility into question. Thanks, I needed the laugh!

Pretty much says it all..
Aside from Brian Ashcraft I don't find them to be that lulzy. I swear that Bashcraft and Artefact from Sankaku Complex are one and the same though. Their subject matter and style of writing is just way too similar to be a coincidence.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 04:53   Link #76
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
According to a certain otaku oriented website, after you beat the game you can date Paz via a dating sim kind of mini game, and if you perform well enough, you can date her in her underwear. At the end of the date they both go inside Snake's box and rumble. Not joking here.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 05:22   Link #77
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
According to a certain otaku oriented website, after you beat the game you can date Paz via a dating sim kind of mini game, and if you perform well enough, you can date her in her underwear. At the end of the date they both go inside Snake's box and rumble. Not joking here.
It's also been confirmed Big Boss and Paz's son as a result of this = main character of MGS5 which is not an espionage shooter game but a JRPG.

I wondered how they were gonna continue the series.


Seriously though, IT'S JAPAN. When it comes to the media arts industry I expect them to do a lot of ridiculous things like the Paz PV.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 08:45   Link #78
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I don't even know what to say. Well, aside that I did have a good laugh.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 09:04   Link #79
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Interesting... and weird.

Even though i see a blond girl singing, all i hear is Nana Mizuki singing.

And when i saw Big Boss, Master Miller & their men behind Paz, i thought to myself "Oh God No! Their gonna dance!"
But thankfully they didn't. Thank God they didn't.
Let's go......3......2......1.

SUGOI! IT IS MIZUKI NANA!!!!!

Please excuse my inner Nana fanboy. Thank you.

Honestly speaking, I never thought it would be a Mizuki Nana music for a serious game like MGS. I am guessing her roles as Ogata Rina and Fate Testarossa really paid off along with Ultimate Diamond topping Oricon last year.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-03 at 09:19.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 09:16   Link #80
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I liked it when it was more military and espionage oriented....before it started trying to appeal to otaku Visual Novel gamer way to much with characters like the Beauty and The Beast Corps, Akiba, Ninja Emo Raiden, Sunny...just about everything about MGS 4 really. It looks like Peace Walker is trying to strike the same tone going by the idol chick singing a pop song in the PV.

It wasn't even all that long ago really...we're talking like Snake Eater which I thought was a fun experience. Though even they I felt they were pushing it a little with the Cutscene to Gameplay Ratio.
I think you can distinctly trace the Metal gear franchise getting wonky with sons of Liberty. With us going from a badass techno thriller action espionage game...to some kind of fucked up existential commentary about existence with some emo guy in tights. And how did the focus shift from an allegory on Nuclear weapons to NANOMACHINES?

And does anyone think the MGS1 era sneaking suit looked better than the one we have today? I suppose you might argue some kind of latex body suit is more high tech...but I always thought it looked silly.

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
konami, psp

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.