AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-02, 18:58   Link #21
BME
Belldandy Fanboy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykes
DUDE we encoded with 5.1 as well what's wrong with our 5.1 we prolly even used the same dvd raws lol!

anyways our eps 2 and eps 3 so far is 5.1 redoing eps 1 with 5.1 we as well made a codec for the ac3 with max gain
http://www.anime-infusion.org/ac3filter.DW.Dolby2.exe
feel free to get better sound quality.

BTW i dont think NL hit the spots when it comes to macross technical points like infusion hits the spots. 4 outta 5 of the ppl who worked on it knows macross like back of their hands we do quality look in our credits and you will see how proud we are >
Sry, didn't know that. When I downloaded Ep 1 & 2 the 2 first groups I downloaded didn't have 5:1 so I guessed everyone else didn't have it either. But I noticed that Inf had it when I watched it at lunch today.

Anyways the carrier battle was one of the coolest things Ive seen in anime. And what was with that eye in the lagoon? Creep-city!
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 21:38   Link #22
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 35
I'm with Ranko here. Not only that, but while the VF-0 looks more modern in style, the VF-1 is unarguably more streamlined and compact looking. All sexy curves, no brute-ish bulging of the air frame like the VF-0. There's been absolutely no revisionism going on as far as the storyline goes, nothing that contradicts what we see later at least.

As for the comments on Macross7, I actually love the show. It's very un-typical as far as anime goes. It's a robot show centers on the mecha even less than Evangelion. It definitely has some of the best character developement in all of anime (definitely the best written character developement in all of Macross), and one of the most uplifting endings I've seen in a long time. The thing that makes me appreciate the series the most is that pretty much everyone who's voiced their opinion about the show reacts in pretty much the exact same way as any number of characters in the show do to Basara and his ideals. You got the people that absolutely adore the show and Nekki Basara, then you got the guys that think Basara's a fruit and the whole flying in a Valkyrie singing thing is just dumb, and then you got the people that start out thinking Basara's a horrible character, and that the idea of him trying to sing at the "bad guys" is stupid, then slowly, as the series progresses, completely change thier opinion and wind up adoring Basara and the show.

Love it or hate it, you gotta admit that Macross (aside from Macross II) is never the same dish twice, it's always something different.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 22:08   Link #23
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I absolutely loved this episode and so far i have been amazed at the show as a whole. Now unfortunately i haven't seen the original macross(have them on vhs but my vcr is broken and haven't had the money to replace it), I still really like this. I have seen some of macross though about the 1st 12eps i believe. I liked it then and like it now too. I really want to see robotech and the rest of macross. The aircraft carrier battle scene has to be one of if not the most visually impressive thing i have ever seen. This show's artwork just blows me away. BTW I'm 25 so it's not like i was too young or not born when macross came out here in america or on vhs. Just i didn't watch anime til i was 19. When it aired here, i didn't get to see alot of tv because my mom didn't let me watch tv when i was young.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 00:02   Link #24
Flamethrower
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Another group subbing macross zero???

hnt has just released episode 1, anyone downloaded it? is it any good? i was told it had ac3 sounds.

i havent heard of hnt before have they been fansubbing for long?
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:09   Link #25
Robert
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
HnT's version is really good, they've been fansubbing for a while, you should check out some of their stuff, i think Blade and the gang did an amazing job on MZ well worth the wait so check them out i think you'll be pleasantly surprised ^^
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:18   Link #26
Flamethrower
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
HnT's version is really good, they've been fansubbing for a while^^
still.. a group that releases 01 stuff right after a new episode is released strikes me as attention grabbing or leeching wanting, where are their 02 and 03?

i'll download their 01 and check it out anyway
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:27   Link #27
Robert
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower
still.. a group that releases 01 stuff right after a new episode is released strikes me as attention grabbing or leeching wanting, where are their 02 and 03?

i'll download their 01 and check it out anyway

well they are on the slow side, i'm sure they working on 02 and 03 but Blade likes to release stuff slow, if people need the anime that badly they go to a faster group, so be it, he likes quality over speed, also i think it's just a coinkydink that the 01 was released at the same time as the new ep...dunno though, you can ask blade

EDIT

also HnT's version is AC3, it sounds great, and the encode is good, over all this was a very good release by HnT which i'd have to say all of their releases live up to this standard of excelence, i have not downloaded one of their FS's and been dissapointed in the quality, a couple however were just bad animes, though The gang over there did a good job trying to make them enjoyable, so if you have a question or something about HnT, ask one of the ops in thier chan #hikari on mircx

ps just don't bother r00t, he might gnarkill you ^___^

/edit

Last edited by Robert; 2003-12-03 at 02:48.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:38   Link #28
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu
Man, I've been into anime since the late 70's, and I have to say that if Macross II was the worst anime you've ever seen, you've lived a blessed life...

But neither series are anywhere near as bad enough to make my worst anime category by a good ways...at least I could watch these through (well, I gave up on Mac 7, but I would have watched more if shown it).
I've seen some really bad anime too, (Burn Up, Raimuiro Senkitanm, Pure Mail, etc) (I know some of you psychos liked those ) but back when anime was scarce (early 1990's) I borrowed the Mac2 series from a friend and couldn't finish the damn thing, I was so turned off by it. Plenty of anime sucks, but Mac2 so much disappointed me I thought it might've killed the Robotech franchise that I loved so much. The cool Valkerie designs couldn't make it shake the Worst Anime label because not only did it suck, it mad me ANGRY!!!

The Macross franchise proved it could shake off a bad series by releasing Mac+ some time later, so I'm not so mad at Mac0 being a step down from that awesome show. I honestly don't think it will do as well as Mac+ or even Mac7.


-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:45   Link #29
Flamethrower
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
well they are on the slow side, i'm sure they working on 02 and 03 but Blade likes to release stuff slow, if people need the anime that badly they go to a faster group, so be it, he likes quality over speed, also i think it's just a coinkydink that the 01 was released at the same time as the new ep...dunno though, you can ask blade

yeah you are right, their release of episode 1 is very good, a few typos but apart from that its really really good.

guess i shouldnt look down upon small groups
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 10:04   Link #30
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Unless thier fighting battlepods, and power armors from the orginal macross i don't think we can judge the powerlevel. The VF-1 is vastly more powerful than its' father unit. It has a better powerplant, is faster, has the more armor options, from the full armor version to the super version, and the strike(movie) version.
It's an illussion created by the better graphics. Personaly i've been having dreams of seeing a redone macross with this new level of animation.

Oh god I couldnt agree with you more on a redone Macros. Some purists will hate it of course but thats a given. As everyone pointed the only reason why the VF-0 seem overpowered is because of todays animation and theire matched againts inferior units.
Gabriel710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 14:34   Link #31
ApoLLon
yondaime is da spirit!!!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ankara
Age: 33
hmmmm, i need to watch it again. that was good episode, did not take my breath away like oav 1, but i guess this one is a relationship episode. and it made me watch with all my attention anyway , maan waiting is hardest part
ApoLLon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 15:09   Link #32
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London, England
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yo what's with all the sound talk? I noticed it was a bit low too even when I cranked it up.
It's Ac3. Ac3 is quiet by nature. It's in its design to be like that. Afraid you'll just have to crank it up some more....
__________________
SirCanealot
And they shall know no fear....
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 18:41   Link #33
aques
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
anyone having problems opening macross zero 3?

i tried opening with windows media player and divx player, and it gives me this emergency shut down window.

there any codecs im missing?
aques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 20:31   Link #34
Go-lytely
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Springfield
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoLLon
hmmmm, i need to watch it again. that was good episode, did not take my breath away like oav 1, but i guess this one is a relationship episode. and it made me watch with all my attention anyway , maan waiting is hardest part
This ep was better than ep 1 in my opinion, at least the battle scenes. The slo-mo of the bullets hitting the reactive armor was just too cool.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 21:32   Link #35
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Hmm everyone seems to say that ac3 sound is low, I had the same problem at first too. I use the core media player and went to the audio options and went to the dynamic equalizer option and turned up the dynamic range control. After I did that, the sound was perfect and played very damn good. You might want to look into that on your player or get the Core Media Player.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 03:38   Link #36
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
As for the comments on Macross7, I actually love the show. It's very un-typical as far as anime goes. It's a robot show centers on the mecha even less than Evangelion. It definitely has some of the best character developement in all of anime (definitely the best written character developement in all of Macross), and one of the most uplifting endings I've seen in a long time. The thing that makes me appreciate the series the most is that pretty much everyone who's voiced their opinion about the show reacts in pretty much the exact same way as any number of characters in the show do to Basara and his ideals. You got the people that absolutely adore the show and Nekki Basara, then you got the guys that think Basara's a fruit and the whole flying in a Valkyrie singing thing is just dumb, and then you got the people that start out thinking Basara's a horrible character, and that the idea of him trying to sing at the "bad guys" is stupid, then slowly, as the series progresses, completely change thier opinion and wind up adoring Basara and the show.
I am catching up with Macross 7 too. I am at episode 15 now.

As you said, I am one of those guys who thinks Basara is dumb. Like Mylene, I am at a lost why he is doing that and why Ray and Max put so much faith in him. I really hope the later episodes will change my view on this series.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 01:06   Link #37
Flamethrower
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
macross zero 03 by anbu/aone

they have finally released their version, but from their first and second episodes they didnt use ac3 audio but mp3 is this true for their episode 3?

I dont want to waste time downloading a good ova like macross zero that isnt ac3
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 08:37   Link #38
user6177
Account Closed By Request
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykes
anyways our eps 2 and eps 3 so far is 5.1 redoing eps 1 with 5.1 we as well made a codec for the ac3 with max gain
http://www.anime-infusion.org/ac3filter.DW.Dolby2.exe
feel free to get better sound quality.
Where can I get this AC3filter version. The site is unavailable and sound of the Sourceforge AC3filter is too soft.
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 12:46   Link #39
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower
they have finally released their version, but from their first and second episodes they didnt use ac3 audio but mp3 is this true for their episode 3?

I dont want to waste time downloading a good ova like macross zero that isnt ac3
an ac3 file will usually have an ac3 in the filename. But I had the low sound problem to, I ended up deleting the ac3 version and downloading the mp3 one, having louder sounds makes a hell of a difference
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:53   Link #40
user6177
Account Closed By Request
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
an ac3 file will usually have an ac3 in the filename. But I had the low sound problem to, I ended up deleting the ac3 version and downloading the mp3 one, having louder sounds makes a hell of a difference
The low sound problem of the normal AC3filter is <bleep>, but Infusion's AC3filter has a normal sound volume. How?
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.