AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-27, 00:10   Link #141
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't know who saya is but that laugh has been around for a while
Yuri is voiced by the same seiyuu as Saya from the game Little Busters. She uses the same laugh, that she is famous for. her laugh is somewhat different....

only clip I could find was this one >.> to a kirby song. @ 0:18 you can hear her laugh

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2010-04-27 at 23:06.
Leo_Otaku is offline  
Old 2010-04-27, 07:21   Link #142
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tokyo
Evaluation of Episode 4

this episode is "Perfect 10".
It is because Yui is so cute,and the plot is very exciting and unexpeced.
I can enjoy this episode more than ever.

I guess the playwright understands thought of audience. He intentionally makes the "flashback" scene of Hinata similar to Episode 3
Mikoto Misaka is offline  
Old 2010-04-27, 08:12   Link #143
Holy Knight
Time Bomb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 30
Yui is my fuel to watch this show now.
Holy Knight is offline  
Old 2010-04-27, 09:07   Link #144
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Offtopic, but I saw someone post this earlier:
Quote:
Iwasaki - Sienna Sunburst/Maple Fender Stratocaster
Hisako - Jupiter blue/Rosewood Fender JazzMaster
Sekine - White blonde/Maple G&L L-2000
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 04:35   Link #145
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Ugh. This one episode gets a definite failing grade for me. Baseball episodes are fine and all, but I think this one took the cake as far as being the 'latched on' sports episode.

And the jokes? Straight outta the 90's here....

For a show that tries to take itself somewhat seriously at times like the first three, I couldn't quite understand what Maeda was going for in this episode. And the Haruhi... er... Yuri moments were painfully.... Haruhi...
SuperKnuckles is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 04:45   Link #146
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
And the Haruhi... er... Yuri moments were painfully.... Haruhi...
On the contrary I didn't get any vibes Haruhi from Yuri this episode. She was acting like a typical villian, but I'd say Haruhi is more of an obnoxious asshole, than an actual villian. And Yuri actually communicates with and cares about people other than Otonashi.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 04:55   Link #147
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
On the contrary I didn't get any vibes Haruhi from Yuri this episode. She was acting like a typical villian, but I'd say Haruhi is more of an obnoxious asshole, than an actual villian. And Yuri actually communicates with and cares about people other than Otonashi.
That is exactly why I was somewhat irked with this episode, because unlike in the previous episodes, Yuri just barked orders and acted high and mighty and the battlefront just ran around playing games (literally to boot).

That said, it was lighthearted and fun to a fault, so I can't blame it too much. But this stood out a bit more than any of Maeda's previous sports-episodes in the past and it feels like it was a sports episode for the sake of having a sports episode.

And some of the jokes just didn't seem to be worked on at all. It was like... one physical gag joke to a physical gag joke to a physical gag joke to a physical gag joke.
SuperKnuckles is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 06:48   Link #148
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
And some of the jokes just didn't seem to be worked on at all.
uh-uh... I can enjoy almost all the jokes.
My favorite joke is the last Yuri's saying "You two, just disappear please". I feel it fits this scene perfectly. Don't you think so?
__________________
The greatest gift is the opportunity to right one's wrongs.
Mikoto Misaka is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 07:28   Link #149
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Comedy is probably the most subjective genre of the lot. It's almost impossible to have a discussion on it.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 13:18   Link #150
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 24
Tenshi didn't appeal to me this episode, then the animation wasn't that good in this episode either. Especially when i tried to find scenes for gifs and such aftwerwards, I found hardly anything that appealed partially due to the slightly disfigured faces. I wish i could give it more than a 7, but those two things soured the experience for me.

I hope the Yui version of the OP makes it to the OP album too. I also wonder if Yuri will have a version of her own.
__________________

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 14:07   Link #151
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
I hope the Yui version of the OP makes it to the OP album too.
I speculate that it will be contained in the next album of Girls Dead Monster to Crow Song.
__________________
The greatest gift is the opportunity to right one's wrongs.
Mikoto Misaka is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 20:28   Link #152
bigdeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Both versions go very well together. Personally I enjoy the rock version more but thats because I'm a metal head. ha

I enjoy the episode. Yui an idot but she was right about calling so many others idots. They're whole team was a bunch of idiots.
bigdeath is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 22:01   Link #153
Eater of All
NOM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Outside the Asylum
Aw, I went in expecting Lia's epic OP, but instead I got a rock version of it sung by a different person. I gotta admit though, the dual OP totally owns.

And speaking of expectations, I think it's pretty obvious that that is also one of the major reasons why this episode is considered as such a letdown by many (including me, to a lesser extent). All the hardcore speculating and excitement built up from the previous episode's revelations practically got left hanging in ep04, and the almost-sudden switch to slice of life comedy just isn't doesn't work because of it (not that the comedy this ep was much good in the first place, IMO). The near-disappearence saved it a little, but on the whole it seems as though nothing really happened and an entire episode is wasted.

Reminds me a little of Sora no Woto in that regard, though maybe it'll help if I just loosen my expectations a bit.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2010-04-28 at 22:35. Reason: Clarity
Eater of All is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 06:53   Link #154
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Aw, I went in expecting Lia's epic OP, but instead I got a rock version of it sung by a different person. I gotta admit though, the dual OP totally owns.

And speaking of expectations, I think it's pretty obvious that that is also one of the major reasons why this episode is considered as such a letdown by many (including me, to a lesser extent). All the hardcore speculating and excitement built up from the previous episode's revelations practically got left hanging in ep04, and the almost-sudden switch to slice of life comedy just isn't doesn't work because of it (not that the comedy this ep was much good in the first place, IMO). The near-disappearence saved it a little, but on the whole it seems as though nothing really happened and an entire episode is wasted.

Reminds me a little of Sora no Woto in that regard, though maybe it'll help if I just loosen my expectations a bit.
It seems to me that the purpose of the episode was to highlight Yuri's... ah... anti-Tenshi fervor. Heck, part of me even thinks that it was just to plant the possibility in my mind that Yuri really is the villain here.

Also, it provided a good introduction for Yui and good development on who she and Hinata are (particularly for those of us without prequel novel experience).

So I don't feel like it was a waste, but I do think that the sudden slowdown of pacing was a little jarring, and understandably disappointing for some people.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 07:29   Link #155
krko
The Movie is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Unibesidad ng Komunistang Pilipino
This is the first episode I actually found funny. In particular, Yui's "they're all idiots" comment really made it for me.

I'm really on the fence about Yui's character. She's the source of the jokes that I actually found funny but that attack on HInata makes me want to hate her. That felt like a total asspull just to keep Hinata from disappearing.

Then again, Yui might have intentionally interfered with Hinata's "ascension". Afterall, she had personally witnessed Iwasawa's disappearance, so when she saw that look on Hinata's face, she remembered Iwasawa. She didn't want to see Hinata disappear too, so she knew distrupt it somehow.... Sounds like a start of a YuiXHinata fanfic

Man I'm reading too much into this aren't i?
krko is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:05   Link #156
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tokyo
Spoiler for Yui and Yuri:
__________________
The greatest gift is the opportunity to right one's wrongs.
Mikoto Misaka is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:22   Link #157
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
I'm really on the fence about Yui's character. She's the source of the jokes that I actually found funny but that attack on HInata makes me want to hate her. That felt like a total asspull just to keep Hinata from disappearing.

Then again, Yui might have intentionally interfered with Hinata's "ascension". Afterall, she had personally witnessed Iwasawa's disappearance, so when she saw that look on Hinata's face, she remembered Iwasawa. She didn't want to see Hinata disappear too, so she knew distrupt it somehow.... Sounds like a start of a YuiXHinata fanfic

Man I'm reading too much into this aren't i?
Maybe, but I honestly think Yui tackling Hinata was perfectly in character for her so I can't see it as an asspull. Plus she was somewhat justified considering Hinata was a constant ass to her throughout.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:07   Link #158
krko
The Movie is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Unibesidad ng Komunistang Pilipino
"Asspull" was probably too strong a word. It's just that I'm having a hard time believing a character doing something so dumb. I mean, she could've waited after Hinata caught the ball before she tackled him.(which would've also doubled as a victory hug) Hence, my probably misguided search for another reason for her actions..

Going into wild guessing mode, Yui's devil costume might hint that she will continue to prevent, intentionally or not, "ascensions" as opposed to Tenshi who tries to bring them about.
krko is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:08   Link #159
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
"Asspull" was probably too strong a word. It's just that I'm having a hard time believing a character doing something so dumb. I mean she could've waited after Hinata caught the ball before she tackled him.(which would've also doubled as a victory hug)

Going into wild guessing mode, Yui's devil costume might hint that she will continue to prevent, intentionally or not, "ascensions" as opposed to Tenshi who tries to bring them about.
Actually, she couldn't, as he would be gone. Maybe she knew that.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:08   Link #160
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
>"ascensions"
>KoL


Holy shit. This is getting more MMO ish by the episode.
Khu is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
baseball

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.