AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 21:05   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Youtube Embed Size

Current behavior:

Why does it need to work like this when you could have written this...
Code:
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9hcVKIXLPl8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9hcVKIXLPl8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
...so that it will show up like this:

Most notable difference, the Full Screen toggle isn't turned off, and neither is the quality control. Not to mention the fact its bigger means you can read text. Not just text embeded into the video but notations added on top as well. Try reading this for example:

Old 2010-04-24, 22:47   Link #2
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Or you can just go to YouTube's site to watch the video. Making it bigger and fancier inconveniences those with lower resolutions and slower connections.

And I can read that.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 06:46   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Full Screen and Quality control button does not effects people with slower connections.

Also its size has only a affect on the rendering size, not the download size, since I doubt they just stream different sizes instead of simply resizing the video. In other words slower connection has nothing to do with it. Try this: http://www.youtube.com/v/KLBrf5LO0nE&loop=1. Just resize the browser window to see what I mean. If it was what you're thinking it should stop and reload.

Last edited by felix; 2010-04-28 at 13:18.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 13:26   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy lately.

The simple reason is that Youtube's embed code changed since I created the bbcode.

I've now updated the HTML generated by the bbcode to match the current embedding code from Youtube.

The resolution for videos is now 640x385, which is the default for widescreen videos (though it'll work fine for 4:3 "square" videos as well, just with borders). I'm not keen on increasing the resolution any larger than the default.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 15:22   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Looks great. Thanks.