AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-27, 23:51   Link #1121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I definitely got this 'final boss' feeling from her. Can almost see why the island would be kept deserted (other than the whole exile thing). Imagine if she was traveling around the world freely. She can just pick up any move and completely master it after seeing it twice. Only way to beat her would be to hit her with some super move before she could even react to it. Of course the point is with taking in that one move she can now cross to the mainland by herself.
She ought to still have that stamina problem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 03:38   Link #1122
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
I love how it's getting better and better with every episode. <3 Nanami ftw forever! And for me, personally, it'd have to be:

ED1 & ED4 (I like them both equally) > ED3 > OP1 > ED2

If ED4 was done by anyone other than kukui, I doubt I'd like it as much. (ED1 impressed me because Yousei Teikoku went a little bit out of their usual sound for a change, so it was refreshing to hear. I know most people like that song the least, however.)

I just hope the future EDs continue to be of such a high quality. I like all of the songs so far, even though I have favorites!
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 13:22   Link #1123
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
OP1
I'm fairly certain there will be no other OP song or movie.
Update (July): and I stand corrected.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-07-01 at 15:29.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 00:00   Link #1124
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Speaking as a viewer with no real access to the source, that was pretty mean of the animation staff to show the 'battle' as a preview.

Nanami fighting the ninjas was cool and unexpectedly cruel of her, but still, I have a feeling the other battle could have been more of an animated treat to watch. Hell, why didn't they just animate both of them at the same time for double the epicness?

Hearing Shichika and his nonintentional sarcasm was annoying especially when they are ramming the fact they stole that scene from us.


Then again, none of NisiOsin stuff seemed to be aimed at animation fidelity to begin with. At least this show far outdoes what Bakemonogatari did. Still, this ep dangerously came close to still-image narration a few times. I still wanted to watch the other battle....


As for whether Nanami is evil or not, I didn't think so at all until her sinister smile. She obviously knows she is vastly powerful and apparently that is her curse for suffering through life. It seems to me like she fully knows she is a freak of nature and is cursed/blessed by it. At this point, I think whether she is good or evil is besides the point. She is basically like an otherworldy creature now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 02:12   Link #1125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Like I said, I keep getting "Dr. Manhattan" vibes.... though a more unlikely analogy I've not seen.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 02:48   Link #1126
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Hell, why didn't they just animate both of them at the same time for double the epicness?
I honestly can't think of a reason why they couldn't. That troll scene at the end was like 4 minutes. And that pointless scene where those two insects go off tangent after the Red Crystal breaks wasted another 4 mintues. That's 8 minutes. Surely they could've fit the fight scene in that amount of time.
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-29 at 04:43.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 04:40   Link #1127
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
The whole point of it was that they never intended to animate the full fight at all. It was one great big joke/troll by Nisioisin which White Fox took even further with the fake preview. It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:08   Link #1128
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The whole point of it was that they never intended to animate the full fight at all. It was one great big joke/troll by Nisioisin which White Fox took even further with the fake preview. It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
Ugh. I keep getting the feeling Nisiosin keeps thinking he's some smart cookie for pulling off all these off the cuff, breaking the fourth wall stuff. Except this time it resulted in a real punking. And to think even the characters were raving about what an awesome battle it was. Too cruel... I think Nisiosin truly doesn't have a heart if he does this again and again.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 06:59   Link #1129
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
The EP5 ending is sung by Tamura Yukari, the title is "Ai to Makoto" ("Love and Faith") - 「愛と誠」.

Yay for Yukari~n, and practically, the first character song, as it's credited to Togame.

The episode won't air until May 21 though...
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 01:17   Link #1130
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I'm fairly certain there will be no other OP song or movie.
Sorry, I tend to put OP1 out of habit of typing it so much. :x I know there won't be another song.

I personally liked that we got a "bogus" preview (nothing special, since the same thing was done in the books, but I didn't learn this until afterward of course). It made the episode have a bigger impact on me, I think. That and it just added to Nisioisin's kickass factor, lol.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:17   Link #1131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Just watched 4. It...was...shocking. The image of the cute little sister will forever be gone. Scared the hell out of me.

And it was a super bummer about missing that fight. But I think the little sister will become more important down the line - and that's why her part was included and not the fight with the one-time guy. Or it may be a BD/DVD extra,
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:22   Link #1132
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just watched 4. It...was...shocking. The image of the cute little sister will forever be gone. Scared the hell out of me.

And it was a super bummer about missing that fight. But I think the little sister will become more important down the line - and that's why her part was included and not the fight with the one-time guy. Or it may be a BD/DVD extra,
It's big sister.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 13:54   Link #1133
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just watched 4. It...was...shocking. The image of the cute little sister will forever be gone. Scared the hell out of me.

And it was a super bummer about missing that fight. But I think the little sister will become more important down the line - and that's why her part was included and not the fight with the one-time guy. Or it may be a BD/DVD extra,
I thought they already announced what the extra to be that 12 chapter thingy on Shichika's dad (whose name eludes me at the moment)?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 14:24   Link #1134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's big sister.
Whoa, I knew that. Why'd I think little sister then, lol. But yeah, the image I had is gone. She's scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I thought they already announced what the extra to be that 12 chapter thingy on Shichika's dad (whose name eludes me at the moment)?
I have no idea what they had announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. Gotta market with good extras.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 03:09   Link #1135
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
I thought they already announced what the extra to be that 12 chapter thingy on Shichika's dad (whose name eludes me at the moment)?
Um, yes, 12-part audiodrama about Yasuri Mutsue and Yasuri family in general (For instance, the fifth Kyotouryuu's name was Yasuri Itsumiki*, that's something that AFAIK wasn't revealed in the books.) Pretty interesting stuff, wish someone would translate those. My Japanese is not good enough for that.

* I wonder, how it's written. 五幹? dunno lol.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:03   Link #1136
Razken
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Seeing ep4 after seeing the preview for it from ep3, that's the first time I've actually felt trolled by an anime. Author sucks for doing that, well in this anime full of ranting- I thought that it was odd that there would be so much action in an episode in the first place.

Last edited by Razken; 2010-05-03 at 23:59.
Razken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 11:21   Link #1137
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
That would depend mostly on how good (or not) Nishio Ishin is at writing fight scenes.

But actually, I think it's worse for the anime-only base, since we actually got the preview. The novel readers in this thread were having a good time looking forward to our reactions...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:21   Link #1138
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Age: 26
Just watched ep.4, I knew something was off with the ep.3 preview and especially Sachika's sister. Those poor poor Maniwani...almost feel bad for them, hopefully their not all a joke.

Question, what's the reason for Togame's eye changing like it does?
__________________
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 09:23   Link #1139
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
New little trailer thingy is up. Still no sign of Koumori making a guest appearance clad in a french maid uniform. My depression deepens.
http://www.katanagatari.com/special/prev05_2.html
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 09:28   Link #1140
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Question, what's the reason for Togame's eye changing like it does?
There is no reason. It didn't even change in novels as far as I know.

Quote:
New little trailer thingy is up.
What the...
Spoiler for image:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.