AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-26, 07:03   Link #121
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Ok Kitten, here is the link to the page in the chapter where Yammi conferms it IMHO.http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/198/12/

There are some that subscribe to the theory that she is Indian (from India) that is also a posibility. Though I do have a co-worker from Sri Lanka that looks quite a bit like Yourichi. So my opinion is that she is black. It's just my opinion though.
Dark skinned does mean black. And Indian also means black. After all they don't have blue colored skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You have obviously never been to Japan.

The Japanese, as a race, are about as eclectic as they come.
Nope I never was. But I heard that the reason why they draw characters europine like is because Japanese are jealouse of our looks. If so, then they have no right to complain if actors are not Asians. It is their own fault.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:05   Link #122
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Dark skinned does mean black. And Indian also means black. After all they don't have blue colored skin



Nope I never was. But I heard that the reason why they draw characters europine like is because Japanese are jealouse of our looks. If so, then they have no right to complain if actors are not Asians. It is their own fault.
So that means you agree with my assessment then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Nope I never was. But I heard that the reason why they draw characters europine like is because Japanese are jealouse of our looks. If so, then they have no right to complain if actors are not Asians. It is their own fault.
I have lived in Japan, Langus is right. I would not use the word jealouse, they are just interested in our cultures as we are in their's. Admiration of another culture is more that way I saw it, but there are plenty of Japanes people that want nothing to do with the west as well.
__________________
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:07   Link #123
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I guess yes.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:13   Link #124
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Ok Kitten, here is the link to the page in the chapter where Yammi conferms it IMHO.http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/198/12/

There are some that subscribe to the theory that she is Indian (from India) that is also a posibility. Though I do have a co-worker from Sri Lanka that looks quite a bit like Yourichi. So my opinion is that she is black. It's just my opinion though.
Actually you confused me a bit. You say some subscribe to the Indian theory and mention a co-worker from Sri Lanka (close to India) looks like her. But your opinion is that she's black? It sounded like you were working up to Indian
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:50   Link #125
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Actually you confused me a bit. You say some subscribe to the Indian theory and mention a co-worker from Sri Lanka (close to India) looks like her. But your opinion is that she's black? It sounded like you were working up to Indian
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you, I was just trying to let Kitten know that there are other theories as to what race/color Yourichi is, but that I'm sticking to my opinion.
__________________
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 20:45   Link #126
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Everybody better stop ignoring my Yoruichi is Egyptian theory before I start spamming neg reps.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 01:33   Link #127
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ What good are theories and true races if the movie ends up having Caucasians playing all the roles?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 17:41   Link #128
Boo Radley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Everybody better stop ignoring my Yoruichi is Egyptian theory before I start spamming neg reps.
I like your idea! Remind me of the time when she used to sit in her throne/comfy chair when she was a Captain. She looked kinda royal to me then. And then theres the fact that she transforms into a cat, which were highly respected animals in ancient times.

Spoiler for @Gin:


BUt yeah roriconfan, thats why I was hoping for teh characters to have their correct ethnicities. I really would like to see some diversity in the movie like there is in the anime/manga.
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 17:48   Link #129
qwertyuiopz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

monster, however, sounds like its gonna be an awesome live action
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 16:45   Link #130
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 21
I think that Jake Gyllenhaal should play Isshin.



Anybody agree?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:38   Link #131
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
I don't think he's old enough to play Isshin. He could be Ganju maybe, but I don't think he could pull off either role, he's never really shown any talent in comedy, just gay cowboy sex.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:41   Link #132
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
hes a little too "pretty" to play isshin.
__________________
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 20:39   Link #133
Boo Radley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I was sorta thinkin Robert Downey Jr for Isshin but thats a far off dream.
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 01:57   Link #134
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
No established Hollywood actor would touch this with a 50 ft pole. Just sayin is all...
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 02:19   Link #135
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
definately after dbz -evololtion
__________________
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 03:52   Link #136
Randumo24
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: mayfield, ohio
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Everybody better stop ignoring my Yoruichi is Egyptian theory before I start spamming neg reps.
Actually, I agree. What looks weird is I saw clips from a stage version or w/e, & they were all japanese. I'm sorry, Kurosaki may be a japanese name, but Ichigo does not look japanese. Real people need to look like the characters they portray. Btw, does anyone else think Aizen is german?
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 04:44   Link #137
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Btw, does anyone else think Aizen is german?
....

Oh God, this is gonna be awful.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 06:18   Link #138
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Everybody better stop ignoring my Yoruichi is Egyptian theory before I start spamming neg reps.
Still ignoring. Though the theory is amusing.

Quote:
I think that Jake Gyllenhaal should play Isshin.
Too young to be Isshin. More interested who will do Karin-chan. =)

Quote:
Oh God, this is gonna be awful.
Yeah, just because a German is playing the bad guy it's automatically 'awful'. I see what you think, Stereotypical


nah I'm joking, I know it's going to be horrible, though having a Hitler Aizen is going to be bloody amazing. I hope they add the mustache~
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:23   Link #139
Randumo24
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: mayfield, ohio
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Actually Monster would make an awesome movie...as far as BLEACH is concerned, it's crap in all its glory. Seriously, a MOVIE!? About what, the very essence of bleach has been Aizen's plan Ichigo fighting all the time. How will they introduce the three-ream balance, when will Ichigo get his powers, how would they represent his inner world (zonmfgbbq live Zangetsu and Ogichi ) and how would they get to Ichigo's selling point - his bankai?
I thought the bleach movies were pretty good. I'd expect there to be romance. If you want to draw viewers, appease fans desire to see Ichigo with Rukia of Orihime.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 13:54   Link #140
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
No established Hollywood actor would touch this with a 50 ft pole. Just sayin is all...
if there's a good script and director, you never know since that was something DB:E lacked
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.