AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-02, 16:25   Link #2801
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Aha, I am not alone in my Nagoshi adoration after all!
well i think she was cute this chapter but a little high on herself. Didn't particularly like he attitude during the festival though.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 16:28   Link #2802
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That wrong thought of her's just adds to how damn adorable she is.
Hahaha, right? It'd be great to see her swoon over him later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well i think she was cute this chapter but a little high on herself. Didn't particularly like he attitude during the festival though.
Come on now, it was funny how she was giving him points and all.
Old 2010-05-02, 16:53   Link #2803
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Hahaha, right? It'd be great to see her swoon over him later on.

Come on now, it was funny how she was giving him points and all.
apparently she has motherly feeling now. Quite a change from normal by Seo.
Old 2010-05-02, 19:49   Link #2804
seven|x_x
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノ​ヽノ \ / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sounds like Suzuka all over again...
i liked suzuka, but yeah... i dont want to read it again.

on the topic of nagoshi, i see her ending up falling for haruto to the point that theres something of a repeat of that school festival/bonfire situation from a while back.

if haruto ends up seeing eba in the hospital because of the kazama thing, maybe nagoshi will think its her chance to make a move once that situation is out in the open, asuka might get that same idea too.
seven|x_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 20:45   Link #2805
Shadow5YA

There's also a high possibility... that Eba really isn't dating anyone, and she's just saying it to get Haruto off her tail. It's just like waaaay back then at the Kouyasai. Remember how Eba perfectly led Haruto to her by playing hard to get? This time, she's probably just saying she has a boyfriend so that Haruto would stop chasing her... because it's "painful."

... wait, scratch that. Eba probably is seeing someone, but she probably still did it while thinking of Haruto. Eba probably wasn't thinking "I love this guy" to her new boyfriend, but more like "I need to let Haruto go, and this guy seems good enough"

... but then again, you could make the case that Eba's new "boyfriend" is actually just a friend that's just pretending with her to help her out.

Argh, I don't know... but it just doesn't seem to fit Eba's character to do something without considering what other people are thinking. She's written to have a conscience. Unless Seo Kouji suddenly just felt like doing a retcon on her character, there's definitely more to Eba's motives than going shallow and going back to an old crush.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-05-02 at 21:35.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 22:10   Link #2806
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Argh, I don't know... but it just doesn't seem to fit Eba's character to do something without considering what other people are thinking. She's written to have a conscience. Unless Seo Kouji suddenly just felt like doing a retcon on her character, there's definitely more to Eba's motives than going shallow and going back to an old crush.
Yuzuki never thinks about what other people are thinking. She is selfish and flawed.
Old 2010-05-02, 22:38   Link #2807
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yuzuki never thinks about what other people are thinking. She is selfish and flawed.
You're telling me she had no idea what Haruto was thinking when she was flirting with Nanami's brother prior to the Kouyasai? Or when she moved out of her family's home because Rin found her uncomfortable to be around? Or when she tried to learn how to ride a bike so that she wouldn't bother Haruto? Or when she went out of her way several times to help Haruto get together with Nanami?

Eba's flawed; I'll give you that. However, she's very aware about what other people are thinking. Her flaw is keeping all of her motives a secret.
Old 2010-05-02, 22:48   Link #2808
cyberdemon

Quote:
You're telling me she had no idea what Haruto was thinking when she was flirting with Nanami's brother prior to the Kouyasai? Or when she moved out of her family's home because Rin found her uncomfortable to be around? Or when she tried to learn how to ride a bike so that she wouldn't bother Haruto? Or when she went out of her way several times to help Haruto get together with Nanami?

Eba's flawed; I'll give you that. However, she's very aware about what other people are thinking. Her flaw is keeping all of her motives a secret.
yeah she's selfish when it comes to Haruto's love but at the same time knows her limitations. Flirting with Nanami's brother though was probably because whatever is going on now was starting to take effect back then and she was just trying to distance herself from Haruto before both of them got hurt in the ensuing chaos. Not physically so much as it was extremely likely to hurt both of them emotionally. One of the reasons she turned down Haruto's confession the first time.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:08   Link #2809
greedyisgood
easy mode

I am looking forward to the match making party that Kazama said. For what I remembered this also happened way back in Suzuka where Yamato was also invited in some sort of a party and he met a short haired girl which eventually the girl fell in love with Yamato. I hope that the plot will be somehow different from this.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:17   Link #2810
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
I am looking forward to the match making party that Kazama said. For what I remembered this also happened way back in Suzuka where Yamato was also invited in some sort of a party and he met a short haired girl which eventually the girl fell in love with Yamato. I hope that the plot will be somehow different from this.
i also remember him getting into serious trouble with Suzuka as a result. Not to mention i don't remember much of anything happening as a result. Plus I'd rather not have ANOTHER character hogging up screen time and taking it away from the plot.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:56   Link #2811
ZeKeR
Superbad

yamato and haruto are similar.... aside from them having the -to end.... they did not know that they are a walking chick magnet.... tho yamato's is exceptionally stronger... im pretty sure that if haruto is going to be at the mixer party, then chances are theres gonna be a new girl....

i mean it IS a seo kouji manga after all
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 02:30   Link #2812
Shadow5YA

Quote:
i also remember him getting into serious trouble with Suzuka as a result. Not to mention i don't remember much of anything happening as a result. Plus I'd rather not have ANOTHER character hogging up screen time and taking it away from the plot.
Yeah... Yamoto got into serious trouble with Suzuka, but that misunderstanding cleared. Then, later Yamato ends up working at Yui's place, ends up neglecting track and Suzuka as a result, and they begin to drift away and Suzuka literally moves away. When she moves back, she wants them to be "friends," until Yamoto forces himself upon her (again), but they stay for good this time.

If Haruto also gets a third girl trying to compete for his attention, then most likely it'll be Nagoshi, since they already went out and all.
Old 2010-05-03, 08:17   Link #2813
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

If she knew what he was thinking, then why did she do it? Leaving her house because of Rin is essentially running away from the problem alone. The bike doesn't count much since it was expected of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
That was a rather funny chapter if I do recall. I really hope everyone here has read Suzuka already.

Quote:
Yeah, we don't need any new characters. It should either be Nagoshi or the return of Shiho.
Old 2010-05-03, 08:35   Link #2814
Johnny
Working the bags...

Let's not forget Asuka, she's yet to give it a shot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:12   Link #2815
ZeKeR
Superbad

lets see..... what happened so far

haruto x yuzuki = wait... are they officially split?
haruto x nanami = confession on hold (inevitable destruction anyway)
haruto x akari = that girl has some hidden feelings....
haruto x shiho = unless you like mature women dude....
haruto x aoi = nope... no chance of sweet epic brocon goodness.... tho we can see she's hawt
haruto x asuka = nah... but still has potential
haruto x nagoshi = dude.... she is cute.... gun for her man! gun for her!
Old 2010-05-03, 11:52   Link #2816
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
lets see..... what happened so far

haruto x yuzuki = wait... are they officially split?
haruto x nanami = confession on hold (inevitable destruction anyway)
haruto x akari = that girl has some hidden feelings....
haruto x shiho = unless you like mature women dude....
haruto x aoi = nope... no chance of sweet epic brocon goodness.... tho we can see she's hawt
haruto x asuka = nah... but still has potential
haruto x nagoshi = dude.... she is cute.... gun for her man! gun for her!
make some placeholder - posts ... this list is going to expand in no time
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 12:13   Link #2817
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
make some placeholder - posts ... this list is going to expand in no time
sure....
this is only the beginning
Old 2010-05-03, 16:59   Link #2818
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If she knew what he was thinking, then why did she do it? Leaving her house because of Rin is essentially running away from the problem alone. The bike doesn't count much since it was expected of her.
Eba knows Haruto's kind nature wouldn't let him kick her out. Eba knows and we know Haruto would never say "GTFO of my house and deal with it."

Yes, Eba runs away a lot. She was running away as a kid back at the festival, she ran away from her home because of Rin (and parents who wouldn't do anything about it), and now Haruto thinks she's running away from something again by abandoning Haruto and her memories of Hiroshima. This is her flaw: she can't handle problems on her own, so she bottles it up and ends up trying to escape them.

You can say that Eba's answer to her problems is selfish in itself, but saying that she's never conscious about what other people are thinking is just plain wrong.

There are also other things that don't add up: Eba's dramatic personality change from an introverted child to an outgoing girl who can get along with everyone, and the letter she hid in Haruto's sweater.
First, what caused the change in her overall demeanor? You can't just say that it's typical that teenagers have a change of attitude as they grow; character changes in literature always have some cause behind them. Was it because of Haruto that Eba became much more cheerful? If that's the case, then she wouldn't just go out with an old crush on a whim. There's always a better reason behind it. For those who read Suzuka, we know Seo Kouji wouldn't let a plot-important girl like Eba to do something like this on just a mere whim.
Second, the letter says that an old crush confessed to Eba, so she can't go out with Haruto anymore. When did this happen? Eba was away for... what, three months? They kept in touch all the time until Haruto was caught holding hands with Nanami. Eba also goes to an all-girls school. If this new guy has the guts to go out of his way to meet her and confess, then why haven't they been keeping in touch when Eba was in Hiroshima? And why did Haruto even see Eba in her room, when she could have been out with her new "boyfriend" and easily broke all ties with Haruto that way?
Any way you look at it, Eba's new "boyfriend" is nothing more than a walkng plot device for Eba to cut ties with her time in Hiroshima because it's too painful being away from everyone.
Old 2010-05-03, 16:59   Link #2819
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Male bonding time interrupted by Kazuma passing out oh well. The next 2 or 3 chapters should be very interesting indeed. I found this one to be as expected so i was really was not that into it.

Ok so we are now taking guesses for Kazuma mysterious illness

-Hepatitis
-Cancer (there are so many cancers so who the hell knows which one)
-Some type of organ failure that requires a transplant (heart, liver, kidneys ect)

For some reason my bet is on something like an organ problem. Writers love using this excuse for mysterious illness especially the heart transplant one.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:02   Link #2820
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

very often the illness is not even specified but if i had to bet, it'd say his heart ... no cheesy comments about Eba breaking his heart please

anyway, Asuka stated it's not terminal, so the illness not being specific seems probable to me
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life