AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-07, 21:23   Link #21
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Spoiler for Episode 06 Thoughts/Recap.:


Creepy siblings are creepy.
__________________

Last edited by Traece; 2010-05-07 at 21:24. Reason: Scawy!
Traece is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 21:25   Link #22
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Whether it was due to lack of time or funding, the animation quality took a dip
Elvin is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 21:43   Link #23
DrCnCh
Incomprehensibly Named
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Spoiler for Ep06:
DrCnCh is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 21:57   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Oh yeah the Kanade x Otonashi ship just set sail! Let the crazy fanart begin!

The episode does a lot to begin the probable friendship between Otonashi and Kanade. She does seem like a very laid-back sort of girl which belies what Otonashi believes is her plight in this world, that given her personality it might be understandable why she doesn't seem to have any friends. Ayato's ability sort of proves that to some degree, the humans of this world have the capacity to somehow alter the system to grant to themselves abilities that no regular human would have access to, in a Matrix style "I know kung-fu" sort of way.

Making the connection between Ayato's acknowledgment issues and his abusive behavior seems a bit of a stretch to me, but then this is Key, so it's a bit expected. I guess my only complaint is that the bloodbath loses some of it's impact and severity again because no one really dies. I mean sure they likely feel a lot of pain and such, but the mortal reality and gravity of the fact doesn't really exist in this situation.

The biggest part for me is Ayato's suggestion before his backstory, regarding being their own gods. I'll probably expound on that in the spoilers thread.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:09   Link #25
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
For some reason, near the beginning of Naoi's story, at the part about 'my brother died and they told me I died and I became my brother', I was just so completely reminded of Tsukihime. I even went 'Mystic Eyes of Death Perception!?" when I saw him in the hospital bed.

Don't mind me, just some random thoughts.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:13   Link #26
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Spoiler for otonashi:
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:21   Link #27
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
ah great episode.

I would probably give it 10 if not for all the boy's love in the air. Despite what other say. Many girls would probably just love those scene.

Tenchi is cute when sleeping.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:32   Link #28
Flames
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Naoi is another Shinji Ikari to me. The problems they have is very similar and the say the same things about there life. Not to mention they both are voiced by the same person. Comapred there lines and you will realized it don't seem much different form each other.
Flames is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:36   Link #29
Click This
CEO of Asia!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40 45.4097', W073 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
For some reason, near the beginning of Naoi's story, at the part about 'my brother died and they told me I died and I became my brother', I was just so completely reminded of Tsukihime. I even went 'Mystic Eyes of Death Perception!?" when I saw him in the hospital bed.

Don't mind me, just some random thoughts.
Spoiler for Naoi:
__________________


Click This is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:43   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty big episode. I mean damn Naoi had a pretty solid plan laid out. He could use the normal students as human shields since the SSS wouldn't fight back against them. Hypnotize the SSS to think they had resolved their issues and they would vanish. That would really just leave Tenshi as the only danger. But he could just keep her locked up since he thought that would work, or he could just ignore her. Really Tenshi only took action when she was the president and without that position she probably wouldn't interfere with Naoi.

I have to give Yuri credit since giving that communicator to Otonashi saved the day. It seemed kind of random, but maybe she somewhat predicted this situation. She could see Otonashi had some sympathy toward Tenshi and might get closer to her. Also it was probable that Tenshi would be seen as a threat and be held prisoner. At the right timing she got into contact with Otonashi and he got Tenshi to take action which got them out. Obviously its questionable how much of this situation Yuri predicted. I do have to give her credit for that small action though.

Wow that was close though. A real massacre that could have been the end of the SSS. Though I do wonder just what they are going to do now.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:51   Link #31
feRfe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
sad girl is sad
i thought yuri was gonna get assaulted
feRfe is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 22:59   Link #32
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Very entertaining episode.
...As in, it felt so cheap, I couldn't help but laugh.

Of course, the Look-at-me-and-my-sad-story at the end was repetitive and enough to leave me
Besides, I already saw this plot before. Staff wanted a sad story and just picked it off one of them? Must mean the end of the anime will solve everything with a Spirit Convention...
Talk about boring antagonist. A amnesiac manages to calm the guy's life-long fury down and make him all mellow with one lecture on life. Great. That scene is... supposed to be sad, right? The one where Otonashi is screaming his heart out? Joke?

People all wounded? They ain't dying anyways.

The sheer mention of hypnosis is enough to make me laugh, but when a guy going Kira uses his eyes, that glow for some reason, to do some poor job of hypnosis (you really think she's gonna be satisfied with that delusion? Really?), it's priceless. I thought the next season of Geass hasn't started yet...

Tenshi's weapon can transform. Heh~ New setting.

Previous episodes = Yui kawaii!
This = Eh...

Yurippe:
Tenshi is the enemy --> Let's kill her when she comes to the live --> Take this trap, for coming to the underground base --> Invasion of Tenshi's privacy --> Bully Tenshi and ruin her position at school --> Oh crap... --> Save me, Tenshi!
(-_-)

Anyways, the previous episode was great. This one was terrible.
But I'm not disappointed at all. It just went back to the way it was.


Oh, but TK was as awesome as ever. "I'll be back"
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:06   Link #33
Dart
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Oh yeah the Kanade x Otonashi ship just set sail! Let the crazy fanart begin!
What do you mean "begin"?

Anyway, I liked the ep, up until the last couple minutes. Yui-nyan is hilarious as always, goofing off in class (I'll take a chip...and EAT IT!)... and especially the Otonashi-Kanade interactions. And I'm really hoping that we'll see HS V2-4 used for something other than opening doors.
Dart is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:28   Link #34
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
holy fuck that was epic.

As always, awesome character development from Key. Even in just a 13 episode series, to get this much out of it...I really hope there's a season 2.

Also,

Spoiler:


And I want the OST.

NOW. T_T

Dammit, June is when the DVD's come out.

I will get them.

(hopes they can be played in PAL and have Eng subtitles :> )
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:33   Link #35
Riful
Of The West
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kansai
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A real massacre that could have been the end of the SSS.
You know they're just going to get up after 5 minutes again?

The characters dying horrible deaths was supposed to be funny a few episodes ago and now suddenly it's supposed to be oh-so-shocking? What are they thinking
__________________
Riful is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:36   Link #36
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu Base
An excellent episode slightly dampened by an awkward ending.

Spoiler for Ending:


LOL @ Takamatsu this week yet again!
touge-n00b is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:37   Link #37
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
Remember that afterwards Naoi would've sent them on their way...
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:39   Link #38
Riful
Of The West
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kansai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Remember that afterwards Naoi would've sent them on their way...
well, if it was meant that way, ok. But you don't know that at the beginning, when the scene is supposed to be shocking and terrible v.v
__________________
Riful is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:43   Link #39
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Very entertaining episode.
...As in, it felt so cheap, I couldn't help but laugh.

Of course, the Look-at-me-and-my-sad-story at the end was repetitive and enough to leave me
Besides, I already saw this plot before. Staff wanted a sad story and just picked it off one of them? Must mean the end of the anime will solve everything with a Spirit Convention...
Talk about boring antagonist. A amnesiac manages to calm the guy's life-long fury down and make him all mellow with one lecture on life. Great. That scene is... supposed to be sad, right? The one where Otonashi is screaming his heart out? Joke?

People all wounded? They ain't dying anyways.

The sheer mention of hypnosis is enough to make me laugh, but when a guy going Kira uses his eyes, that glow for some reason, to do some poor job of hypnosis (you really think she's gonna be satisfied with that delusion? Really?), it's priceless. I thought the next season of Geass hasn't started yet...

Tenshi's weapon can transform. Heh~ New setting.

Previous episodes = Yui kawaii!
This = Eh...

Yurippe:
Tenshi is the enemy --> Let's kill her when she comes to the live --> Take this trap, for coming to the underground base --> Invasion of Tenshi's privacy --> Bully Tenshi and ruin her position at school --> Oh crap... --> Save me, Tenshi!
(-_-)

Anyways, the previous episode was great. This one was terrible.
But I'm not disappointed at all. It just went back to the way it was.


Oh, but TK was as awesome as ever. "I'll be back"
Surprisingly you've mentioned every single thought i had about this episode
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline  
Old 2010-05-07, 23:52   Link #40
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
well, if it was meant that way, ok. But you don't know that at the beginning, when the scene is supposed to be shocking and terrible v.v
Ordinary students attacking others with firearms is pretty bad, no?
Khu is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.