AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-08, 20:30   Link #21
Polar_Lord
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I thought there was a rumour going around that the new Saber is actually

Spoiler for Fate/Extra:
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 21:16   Link #22
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Lord View Post
I thought there was a rumour going around that the new Saber is actually

Spoiler for Fate/Extra:
Spoiler for Fate/Extra Response:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:39   Link #23
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Fate/Extra Response:
I'm going to point out that technically
Spoiler for :
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:42   Link #24
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
There is no evidence whatsoever for it being her, other than some vague assertion by a guy who was certifiably insane that she looked a bit like Saber. Until we get something more conclusive than that, I'm gonna assume it's not her, because what she's wearing and the sword she's using simply doesn't fit with Joan of Arc.
Yeah, I'm not entirely fond of going on Caster's words either, since the guy was obviously a nut. Though Joan of Arc is famous for wearing armor, that doesn't mean she wouldn't - or rather, couldn't wear a dress.

I always imagined Joan of Arc with a halberd or a shield to compliment the sword. Though it seems all we are getting is the sword -- regardless of it being her or not.


Spoiler for Response:
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:46   Link #25
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Lord View Post
I thought there was a rumour going around that the new Saber is actually

Spoiler for Fate/Extra:
I think that that one has been Jossed now, judging by what people on Beast's Lair are saying about the newest information on the website.

I believe Nasu came out and confirmed that he is canonically male, and that it's not him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Yeah, I'm not entirely fond of going on Caster's words either, since the guy was obviously a nut. Though Joan of Arc is famous for wearing armor, that doesn't mean she wouldn't - or rather, couldn't wear a dress.
Yeah, perhaps (although she's famous for dressing like a man almost exclusively) but if she was summoned as a servant, you'd expect her to be summoned in her battle clothing, not her standard wear. Besides, she was a peasant. She wouldn't be able to afford a dress like that, even if she wanted one.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 00:01   Link #26
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I'm going to point out that technically
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Response:


One interesting thing though: Saber got shorter. In F/SN, she's 154cm. In Fate/Extra, she's 150cm. The fact that her bio page says this has to mean she's a new Saber, since none of the other Servants listed have a height in their bio.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 19:30   Link #27
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Response:


Spoiler for the way it went:
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 00:19   Link #28
Akushou
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
If they replaced an awesome character like Rider and still kept in someone like Shinji, then I say they're doing it wrong. If you're going to replace half the cast, you might as well replace all of them.
Akushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 01:16   Link #29
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Let's not be hating on Extra Shinji just yet. After all, he's only 8 years old in this.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:14   Link #30
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
8 years old? Excellent, that means he won't be as corrupt. There is still time to save him from the outdated chauvinistic views he clings to in series/in VN.

You never know, you might actually be able to change him into a pretty decent kid.

Though I wish Lancer was one of the possible servants you could get. But alas, Rin has him. Good thing? Archer is up for grabs.

"So as I pray: Unlimited Blade Works." will be so awesome, always is and always will be. Though I have to wonder, are they adding a level-up system? I can't read the text.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:36   Link #31
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Though I have to wonder, are they adding a level-up system? I can't read the text.
That's what it looked like.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 12:20   Link #32
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
8 years old? Excellent, that means he won't be as corrupt. There is still time to save him from the outdated chauvinistic views he clings to in series/in VN.
Well, if nothing else
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel:
But I think that Shinji's problem is more fundamental than just "outdated chauvinistic views". If Sakura were male, I'd imagine he wouldn't think of her any more highly, and he would certainly have made Rider use her bloodfort on the school.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 08:56   Link #33
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
Woah guys: before we get too far ahead of ourselves:

...

Is it going to be translated or brought to an English audience? (doubts it)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 09:27   Link #34
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Probably not officially, given that even the original VNs don't have an official translation. But I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see fansubs (eventually).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 02:31   Link #35
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, if nothing else
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel:
But I think that Shinji's problem is more fundamental than just "outdated chauvinistic views". If Sakura were male, I'd imagine he wouldn't think of her any more highly, and he would certainly have made Rider use her bloodfort on the school.
For some reason, this post doesn't surprise me at all. Or should I say as expected?

Anyway, back onto a different topic, there's also some evidence that it's not Arturia Saber.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 02:41   Link #36
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Anyway, back onto a different topic, there's also some evidence that it's not Arturia Saber.
I think we can theorize that relatively well already. Her height was apparently changed, thus the clear possibility of this Saber not being Arturia.

We can only really know who Saber is until we get concrete evidence or more hints at her actual identity. I'm not even going to take my prediction seriously if there is no strong enough probability/evidence to back it up.

So alas... We wait for more information. Or we wait for the game to be released. I would like to be optimistic and think it really is Arturia, just modified differently from the rest. Like I said: Optimistic.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 07:45   Link #37
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
For some reason, this post doesn't surprise me at all. Or should I say as expected?
Surely you can't disagree with what I'm saying, though. Misogyny has very little to do with Shinji's attitude....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
We can only really know who Saber is until we get concrete evidence or more hints at her actual identity. I'm not even going to take my prediction seriously if there is no strong enough probability/evidence to back it up.
Yeah, exactly. There are a lot of hints that it's not Arturia (she has a different voice actor, she looks different, she has a different height and so on), but absolutely nothing that would really hint at who she actually is. All the people who claim she's Joan of Arc based on nothing more than the fact that a guy in the fourth war who was certifiably insane thought they looked kind of similar make me laugh. She could be Joan of Arc, perhaps, if Nasu has decided to entirely ignore the details of her legend, but there is no evidence for that idea whatsoever.

Quote:
So alas... We wait for more information. Or we wait for the game to be released. I would like to be optimistic and think it really is Arturia, just modified differently from the rest. Like I said: Optimistic.
Oddly enough, there are a hell of a lot of Saber fans who are saying that they hope it's not Arturia, because they don't like the redesign (in particular, the way she's grown breasts and been turned into a slut...).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 19:04   Link #38
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
New servants are posted. A pair of twins (who I think are a set of Masters, despite being in the Servant section) and their summoned techno-demon thing, along with what appears to be an Aztec warrior who wields a bow and lance. However, all of their identities are being kept a mystery (even says it's a mystery in their description).

Oh, Kotomine is shown in a few of the videos. And they really go out of their way to make sure you don't hear Saber's voice.

Okay, that video was weird. Fujimura is in the game, still as a teacher. Sakura is in the game too... as the school nurse?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 20:18   Link #39
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A pair of twins (who I think are a set of Masters, despite being in the Servant section) and their summoned techno-demon thing, along with what appears to be an Aztec warrior who wields a bow and lance.
I think that they're intentionally making the status of the twins ambiguous, so they could be either.

Quote:
And they really go out of their way to make sure you don't hear Saber's voice.
Well, apparently she's got a different voice actress to the FSN Saber, so I guess that that is an indication that she's not Arturia (and that they're trying to make this a big reveal when the game comes out).

Quote:
Sakura is in the game too... as the school nurse?
I think she's the 'helper NPC', who gives you items and such like (and probably heals you...).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:01   Link #40
Flinch
Onii-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Einzbern Castle
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
Ugh, I don't think this bodes well. I would have to agree with Saber being Jeanne d'Arc, though. And the Shiro/Archer team could backfire... seeing how one want to kill the other, but they might've changed that out or something. I hope Cuchullainn will get more of a role this time.
__________________
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.