AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Old 2010-05-12, 21:55   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Youtube Embed ID

Say I want to embed the following http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR68W56DCBU. The ID here is IR68W56DCBU. If I try to embed it however writing say [youtube]IR68W56DCBU[/youtube] it gets converted to [youtube]ir68w56dcbu[/youtube] IF thats the only thing you write in the post. This will thus screws up the embed, provided you're not in the (used to be common) happy case where its all lowercase anyhow.

Given how it shows easily on the preview, its easy to mistake for "embed not working", especially when the video is usually the first thing you might insert in the post. Adding even 1 character will fix it, though that works weird as well. A "." (dot) won't work for example. Neither will a number like 0 (zero). But something like the letter "a" will. A combination of characters that are not alphabetic obviously doesn't work either.
Old 2010-05-13, 05:14   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

It seems this issue is not limited to the YouTube bbcode, but affects any text on the forum.

The source of this issue was the Prevent 'SHOUTING' option. This option converts words in uppercase to lowercase. I've temporarily disabled this option and embedding the video now works:

Spoiler for EXAMPLE:
On the other hand, SHOUTING now "works" again too. So depending on how wide-spread this problem (of "shouting") was, I might need to think of a different solution.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:14   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thank you GHD.