AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-16, 11:01   Link #161
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
If Yurripe was one to order Christ to change the files so it destroyed the harmonics proper use was for a good reason? In her eyes that is.

She knew that they wouldn't be fighting Kanade for much longer but without an Enemy there is nothing keeping them there, nothing keeping them all from dissapearing as they all need something to fight against.

Perhaps Kanade didn't realise the files had been tampered with and used it thinking it would return to her, only for it to dissapear off to cause havoc.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 11:27   Link #162
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
The idea of Yuri being behind this is interesting, mainly because I wouldnt out it past her. Ofcourse, I can also see how she wouldnt but, I can see her using this to repaint Kanade as an enemy. Its apparent she has never really cared about her, and she was designated as an enemy for trying to keep order. And THEY are probably the ones who got the weapons and got violent first.


Im kinda looking forward to a "Kanade or Battlefront" choice soon for Otonashi.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 11:56   Link #163
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And, maybe you're trying to make Yuri appear like a saint. . No, we haven't saw what they did completely, we only saw them browse through Guard skills, and copy bar. And knowing Yuri's personality, why WOULDN'T she modify/sabotage it?
In order to sabotage coding for something like that, to get such a specific outcome you would have to have a deep understanding of the code.
I mean really if Crist was capable of purposely modifying Tenshi's skills wouldn't Yuri have A. copied and made use of them in the SSS, B. Just deleted all of them so they couldn't be used againist them, C. Change of them to be unusable, or cause them to inflict damage and/or paralyze on Tenshi when used, or D. change only one of the skills to create an evil Tenshi.
Which one of those seems like the least likely thing Yuri would want done if they had know how, oh right the last one, since it wouldn't really benefit them. So given they didn't do any of the other[or anything like them] I'll say it's save to say it's not possible that they intentional caused the "Evil Tenshi" creation to happen.

Also my point being sure Yuri isn't a saint, but I don't find Tenshi to be some perfect person to the point that something like this must be someone else's fault, or doing. She's clearly human thus has flaws and could have made a mistake in creating the skill.

And if the effect was caused as a side effect of them accessing anything on her computer can you really call it "Yuri's doing", since they weren't even aware they did it?
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:39   Link #164
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Plus, Yurippe was more interested in why Tenshi uses the same methods as the SSS when creating weapons. At that point and time, Yuri was questioning whether she was human or not and that they are not any closer to finding out if there is a God.

So far there really isn't any hints of Yuri sabotaging Tenshi just because she needed an enemy. Yuri does not even look like she resented Tenshi.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 14:19   Link #165
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
In order to sabotage coding for something like that, to get such a specific outcome you would have to have a deep understanding of the code.
I mean really if Crist was capable of purposely modifying Tenshi's skills wouldn't Yuri have A. copied and made use of them in the SSS, B. Just deleted all of them so they couldn't be used againist them, C. Change of them to be unusable, or cause them to inflict damage and/or paralyze on Tenshi when used, or D. change only one of the skills to create an evil Tenshi.
Which one of those seems like the least likely thing Yuri would want done if they had know how, oh right the last one, since it wouldn't really benefit them. So given they didn't do any of the other[or anything like them] I'll say it's save to say it's not possible that they intentional caused the "Evil Tenshi" creation to happen.

Also my point being sure Yuri isn't a saint, but I don't find Tenshi to be some perfect person to the point that something like this must be someone else's fault, or doing. She's clearly human thus has flaws and could have made a mistake in creating the skill.

And if the effect was caused as a side effect of them accessing anything on her computer can you really call it "Yuri's doing", since they weren't even aware they did it?
I already mentioned it before. ONLY Tenshi can use Guard skills because they were made with HER experiences/emotions/whatever Tenshi's own ingredients are. And well, Yuri has running low on time, she may have thought that Harmonics was the most dangerous one so far (therefore sabotaging it), I mean making a copy would mean 2x the trouble.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 14:33   Link #166
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I already mentioned it before. ONLY Tenshi can use Guard skills because they were made with HER experiences/emotions/whatever Tenshi's own ingredients are. And well, Yuri has running low on time, she may have thought that Harmonics was the most dangerous one so far (therefore sabotaging it), I mean making a copy would mean 2x the trouble.
True on the first point hasn't been shown what it takes to use them.

I have to disagree on the second part, her distortion, and delay are the most dangerous skills really as they make her extremely difficult if not impossible to beat in range/melee combat respectively. Thus disabling one of them would make a more logically choice, since without distortion even if Tenshi made 5 copies it wouldn't matter much when the SSS could gun them on down[or at least stop her movement by shooting her legs/arms.]
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 19:54   Link #167
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
I'm not sure if anybody mention this but in episode one when Tenshi was being shot at by Otonashi number's "0" and "1" keeps popping up when the bullets hit Tenshi distortion technique.

Maybe she was a computer genious in her lifetime.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 20:24   Link #168
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Or they could be in one big computer simulation that is mistaken as an afterlife, in which they are all in comas instead -- Tenshi being a unit/guardian/sentinel of the system in general.

Sounds far fetched, I know. But it's possible like anything else so far (from what I've seen).

I'll call prediction on that and remember whether or not that actually happens =3
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 20:35   Link #169
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
If you look at clip 3:57-3:59, you can see "0" and "1" or anytime the bullets hits tenshi's shield numbers come out. I'm not sure if anybody posted this or not but maybe this proves that tenshi was a computer wizz back in her previous life or she uses some computer language and coonected to this world.

Maybe somebody could use this info to back up there theory or build one up or this can add extra rules to there world

__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 00:03   Link #170
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
This detail was present all the time.
No only when Kanade deflects things, but also when she materializes her Guard Skills (especially Hand Sonic and Harmonics so to speak).
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 13:31   Link #171
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The show seems to emphasize or at least is try to emphasize that Kanade's guard skills are for self defensive purposes. This is why she can only react to things and why she has trouble breaking down a wall.

Would killing a giant fish be too much for normal Kanade?
To the point of needing to create a proxy kanade that handle the task better?

Then again she did neutralize the NPCs in the last episode. Hmm..

If Kanade mk-2 is a Kanade without the imposed regulations, why is Yuri even still able to walk? You'd think she would be a skewered piece of meat if that was the case. It just seems weird that Kanade mk-2 would only give her lacerations and let her run away.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 15:32   Link #172
dynastus
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The show seems to emphasize or at least is try to emphasize that Kanade's guard skills are for self defensive purposes. This is why she can only react to things and why she has trouble breaking down a wall.

Would killing a giant fish be too much for normal Kanade?
To the point of needing to create a proxy kanade that handle the task better?

Then again she did neutralize the NPCs in the last episode. Hmm..

If Kanade mk-2 is a Kanade without the imposed regulations, why is Yuri even still able to walk? You'd think she would be a skewered piece of meat if that was the case. It just seems weird that Kanade mk-2 would only give her lacerations and let her run away.
Otherwise we wouldn't have seen Yuri or a slush puppy
BTW:What do people have with over-used emotionless characters...
dynastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 19:52   Link #173
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The show seems to emphasize or at least is try to emphasize that Kanade's guard skills are for self defensive purposes. This is why she can only react to things
Absolutely not true.
In ep.1 already, she used her Hand Sonic to coldly murder Otonashi.
Clearly anything but self defence, he only asked a question and she murdered him just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If Kanade mk-2 is a Kanade without the imposed regulations
As shown by the above example, Kanade herself doesn't have any regulations in the first place, otherwise she wouldn't be able to murder someone just for fun.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:21   Link #174
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Absolutely not true.
In ep.1 already, she used her Hand Sonic to coldly murder Otonashi.
How else are you going to prove to someone that they're dead?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:23   Link #175
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Absolutely not true.
In ep.1 already, she used her Hand Sonic to coldly murder Otonashi.
Clearly anything but self defence, he only asked a question and she murdered him just for fun.
lol that's exaggerating.... she killed him because he asked something weird. (besides who would say: "Prove me that I'm dead")
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 22:02   Link #176
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How else are you going to prove to someone that they're dead?
he was making the point that she was using it offensivly there.

More likem, handsonic is a blade. She made it for selfdefense purposes, but its a blade.

Blades dont generally open steel doors, but blades can cut fish. People use weapons for selfdefense all the time.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 23:02   Link #177
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
he was making the point that she was using it offensivly there.
He also said she did it "for fun."

Quote:
More likem, handsonic is a blade. She made it for selfdefense purposes, but its a blade.
That's the best way to put it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 23:41   Link #178
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
Ah, well I guess I didnt read that far, but indeed, I think people sometimes look into things a bit to much. Not saying some the speculation couldnt be the case, but I sometimes wonder how you can deduce serious storyline implications from special effects and stillshots, when there is another higher possibility of the animators just feeling like drawing it that way.

But now that I say that watch it all be the case............
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 07:43   Link #179
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
http://www.atalude.net/2010/05/18/th...hat-never-was/
Joke link about Tenshi.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 07:54   Link #180
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Romania
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
That was so funny , it could actualy even be possible
__________________
DarkWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.