AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 38.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.01%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 16:53   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Haven't seen episode yet but I never understood why Mio is the one with fan club... Yes she sang nice and all, but Yui also sings well. And whole K-ON preforms good so why only Mio has a fan club?

I always found it slightly irritating and unfair...
Its more about Mio's trip and fall than anything else (and her resultant exposure of her tastes in lingerie). So thanks to the school pervs (and that one camera flash documenting the accident), Mio got a head start.

Idol selection and worship is often irrational and sometimes creepy, as other posters note. There's a web comic called Megatokyo that in some parts explores just how creepy idol-stalking can get.
Old 2010-05-18, 17:13   Link #22
GreatTeacherKen

I think Mio's popularity could also be because she's more or less the lead singer, or shares that status with Yui. The lead singer of a band usually gets the most exposure and subsequently becomes the most popular, to the point where s/he overshadows the rest of the band and becomes the Face of the Band even though the other people are important too.

If you were to ask people to name every single member of a band, a lot of them will start with the lead singer and will have difficulty naming the others. The Beatles are probably one of the few bands I know of where a lot of people can name all of them.
Old 2010-05-18, 17:36   Link #23
kitten320

That's kinda sad because basicly band can exist without a singer but not without the instrument players.
Old 2010-05-18, 17:44   Link #24
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Also it gives Ritsu more material to use to tease Mio. Mugi is in the background and not made herself all that known...neither has Ritsu. Yui's the only one that is really visible, and for the first performance, she had lost her voice, thus Mio takes center stage. Azusa is new, thus doesn't have the following (unless of course they decide to give her some epic guitar solos that make her stand out).

Also Mio's on stage appeal seems to be her timid character on what looks like the "cool girl" type...it causes some reactions with the crowd (of all girls). First impressions and all that.

That and the other four girls seem to be encouraging the fanclub now.
Old 2010-05-18, 19:19   Link #25
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Mugi whoops Mio's pineapples
Old 2010-05-18, 19:46   Link #26
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Mugi whoops Mio's pineapples
nice rendition!!!!
Old 2010-05-18, 20:32   Link #27
Qikz

Turned off the subs to give this a watch this week to see how much of it I'd understand, got quite a bit of it which felt awesome.

Really good episode this week, I'll watch it again with subs tommorow and give proper impressions, since I didn't really get the jist of everything fully. Especially who that woman was supposed to be at the end, the music for this episode was fantastic and Megumi is a nice character. Wasn't she supposed to have graduated last series or am I thinking of someone else? I've probably got mixed up with my bad Japanese.
Old 2010-05-18, 21:29   Link #28
yakumo-chan

I cant find english subs.....
Old 2010-05-18, 23:53   Link #29
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
As I was watching this episode of K-ON!!, which was awesome by the way, I was thinking "Damn, I wish I had my own fan club back when I was in high school or at least joining in a music club". My high school days was pure hell compared to this.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:22   Link #30
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

This is slowly but surely turning into Strawberry Panic! 2.0

10/10
Old 2010-05-19, 02:13   Link #31
GreatTeacherKen

A fun and heartwarming episode, Mio's nervousness during the whole tea party was both funny and incredibly woobie-ish; poor girl needs a hug by the time the slideshow starts.

I also liked the small detail of Azusa managing to save the tea and cake when Mio faceplanted on the table in the beginning.
Old 2010-05-19, 02:49   Link #32
sunwen

my number of the Azunyan fan club is 1.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:16   Link #33
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
And I am 002

At the transition at 22:05, I feel like I wanna go back to my high school days...

I love the song

Last edited by netvope; 2010-05-19 at 04:32.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:18   Link #34
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The looks on the faces of Azusa and Mio when they were cutting that cake was priceless. Made them look like a married couple. I think Azusa died a little inside right there.

Mio's poem didn't really fall well with the audience. I wonder if this will influence her songwriting later on.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:35   Link #35
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Turned off the subs to give this a watch this week to see how much of it I'd understand, got quite a bit of it which felt awesome.

Really good episode this week, I'll watch it again with subs tommorow and give proper impressions, since I didn't really get the jist of everything fully. Especially who that woman was supposed to be at the end, the music for this episode was fantastic and Megumi is a nice character. Wasn't she supposed to have graduated last series or am I thinking of someone else? I've probably got mixed up with my bad Japanese.
If you mean the president then that whole scene was done in flashback mode, so yeh she had graduated

At the end of the episode Azusa had sent her the image from the whole ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
Then I guess I'll be number 1 in Ritsu fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The looks on the faces of Azusa and Mio when they were cutting that cake was priceless. Made them look like a married couple. I think Azusa died a little inside right there.
I loved that part
Had re-watched it several times:
Mio: Who is going to help me cut the cake?!
Yui: Go for it, Azunyan!
Azusa: Eeeehhh?!

P.S. Don't know Japanese, but that's how I understood it
Old 2010-05-19, 03:40   Link #36
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post

In season one she only had a cameo. Here she is presented mostly as a flashback. The former president of the Mio Fan Club. Nodoka was pressured to be fan club president aside from her being student council president.

Yeah she's in university now. Well the core four will have to think about their futures as well. They can't be a band forever... Or can they?
Old 2010-05-19, 03:56   Link #37
Ithekro
Space Battleship

They can be in a band forever....just not in high school forever.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:58   Link #38
kitten320

Uhu, but it also will depend on the University they will choose to go to.
Old 2010-05-19, 04:43   Link #39
krko
The Movie is Coming

Yui is actually the lead singer for most of the songs. This is the only time Mio sang lead without Yui forgetting the lyrics, being late, or without her voice. However since the majority of their performances are off-screen, we see it as 50-50.
I laughed all the way throughout Mio's fail poem. If words could make people diabetic... As for the rest of the episode, outside of the flashback parts, it pretty boring, given that Mio is my least favorite character. (Not that I hate her of course)
This song has become my favorite "in-universe" Mio song. Mio's singing was pretty good and the instrumentals were nice change of pace from s1's. I also enjoyed Yui's supporting vocals a little bit too much. The zoom out animations were horrendous though, especially jarring when we suddenly get a high quality zoom-in shot right next, complete with heavily animated hair.

Next Episode: THE FUTURE!! aka the theme of all the current S2 episodes
Old 2010-05-19, 04:47   Link #40
kitten320

Yeh, it did kinda lack in comedy. Also might be because I don't really like stuff about fan clubs like that

Though ut still had some nice moments

Next episode seems to be Yui based... wonder if some studying will be involved. At least that's how raw sounded to me.