AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-19, 01:23   Link #10201
Thunder Book
Endless Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Maybe Nanjo is like the Kingpin in that sense.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:27   Link #10202
ameskitty
Kupo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sleeping
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Quote:
One theory explaining the meaning of the whole "love test".
I don't understand why people think Shkanon is the only possible thing that can explain this.
I've tried to suggest multiple times that it could be some sort of "faction" war. You could come up with tons of different ideas and get that Shannon has to stop Kanon from doing something or vice versa through murder, and that by one of the two being dead it becomes automatically impossible for the "losing" couple to achieve their dreams. No costumes or double identities needed. It's almost too literal, true, but who's to say that the magic scenes need to hide something overly complicated?

Now that I think about it, that "half-murder" is exactly what happened in EP6, and I distinctly remember Zepar and Furfur (remember: the personification of the rules) saying something about the fact that only one of them needs to die for the defeat to be complete. I can't recall the exact line since it's been a while, and obviously searching for something that vague will get me nowhere, but if anybody can help that'd be great .

But anyways, the fact that the 2nd twilights never involve those four when they're involved (i.e. one of them dies) in the first twilight and always do when they aren't - and also the fact that Jessica survives to the end without fail in the former case - is almost a dead ringer for this, at least to me.

And I think it's a simple idea to work off of, if not a bit vague. You've got to come up with factions to have a faction war, of course, and mine are still a bit too fuzzy to articulate. I'm also not sure what implications some of these ideas have on who's responsible for the "explosion".

But my real point. It seems every time the duel gets brought up everybody immediately jumps to Shkanon and nobody bothers to think of it in a different way. And I'm not saying my idea's the only solution or way to think about it - quite the opposite, if anything - I'm just, in a nutshell, giving agreement by example .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Why does Nanjo think something happened? He just entered the main house after waking up and leaving the guesthouse.
Well, if the kids are looking worried, of course he's going to think that something's happened.
__________________

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:37   Link #10203
Shiro Kaisen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I've tried to suggest multiple times that it could be some sort of "faction" war. You could come up with tons of different ideas and get that Shannon has to stop Kanon from doing something or vice versa through murder, and that by one of the two being dead it becomes automatically impossible for the "losing" couple to achieve their dreams. No costumes or double identities needed. It's almost too literal, true, but who's to say that the magic scenes need to hide something overly complicated?

Now that I think about it, that "half-murder" is exactly what happened in EP6, and I distinctly remember Zepar and Furfur (remember: the personification of the rules) saying something about the fact that only one of them needs to die for the defeat to be complete. I can't recall the exact line since it's been a while, and obviously searching for something that vague will get me nowhere, but if anybody can help that'd be great .

But anyways, the fact that the 2nd twilights never involve those four when they're involved (i.e. one of them dies) in the first twilight and always do when they aren't - and also the fact that Jessica survives to the end without fail in the former case - is almost a dead ringer for this, at least to me.

And I think it's a simple idea to work off of, if not a bit vague. You've got to come up with factions to have a faction war, of course, and mine are still a bit too fuzzy to articulate. I'm also not sure what implications some of these ideas have on who's responsible for the "explosion".

But my real point. It seems every time the duel gets brought up everybody immediately jumps to Shkanon and nobody bothers to think of it in a different way. And I'm not saying my idea's the only solution or way to think about it - quite the opposite, if anything - I'm just, in a nutshell, giving agreement by example .



Well, if the kids are looking worried, of course he's going to think that something's happened.



Here's another possible perspective.

Every game that's run to completion, except for 4, Kanon has confronted Beatrice.

If Shannon is Beatrice, this pattern continues in 6.

The Love Duel is the continued struggle of Kanon trying to stop Shannon from committing murder. Each time, Beatrice successfully offs him. Sucks to be Kanon.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:39   Link #10204
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Whenever I hear love trial I always get an image in my head of Jessica and George using Shannon and Kanon like pokemon. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because they seem to be the dominant people in the relationship. Or maybe I just want to see Jessica tell Kanon to use a splash attack.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 02:01   Link #10205
Thunder Book
Endless Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
In that case Kanon makes me think of Blastoise.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 03:40   Link #10206
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Not one Shkanon theorist has provided any hints from 1986 that hints at this sort of disguise when this is obviously the time the disguise would be used. Where are the hints?
Ep5 quote:

Dlanor: "...So, once you claimed to have seen Kinzo, it was no longer misrecognition... ...In other words, this proves that the observer wasn't objective... is what you are SAYING...?"
Narration expands on that: "In this case, unintentional 'misrecognition' is not permitted by the rules of this game. However, it is possible to intentionally 'lie about seeing' something you never saw...!! And that is an action not permitted to a 'detective' burdened with the responsibility of an impartial perspective..."

Emphasis mine. I would say this is a pretty strong anti-disguise argument in general, because any disguise as someone else is in one way or another a misrecognition. People lie. Not just make mistakes, they also lie, including to themselves. Doctor House has good reasons to say that every chance he gets to. In many a circumstance this is a natural, logical and strategically sound thing to do. In some rare cases it's even a morally correct thing to do.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
— Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 05:19   Link #10207
Geekodot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Ep5 quote:

Dlanor: "...So, once you claimed to have seen Kinzo, it was no longer misrecognition... ...In other words, this proves that the observer wasn't objective... is what you are SAYING...?"
Narration expands on that: "In this case, unintentional 'misrecognition' is not permitted by the rules of this game. However, it is possible to intentionally 'lie about seeing' something you never saw...!! And that is an action not permitted to a 'detective' burdened with the responsibility of an impartial perspective..."

Emphasis mine. I would say this is a pretty strong anti-disguise argument in general, because any disguise as someone else is in one way or another a misrecognition. People lie. Not just make mistakes, they also lie, including to themselves. Doctor House has good reasons to say that every chance he gets to. In many a circumstance this is a natural, logical and strategically sound thing to do. In some rare cases it's even a morally correct thing to do.
The sentence "In this case, unintentional 'misrecognition' is not permitted by the rules of this game. However, it is possible to intentionally 'lie about seeing' something you never saw...!!" refers to mistaking something for Kinzo, like a sheet fluttering in the wind. That is forbidden by the rules of the game, the red truth that no one would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight. This means that misrecognition is still allowed for anything not involving Kinzo. Still, I agree that people lie in Umineko, and there are most likely A LOT of lies in this story.

also @Renall.

Thank you, I hope you gouged and killed Shkanon good with that post, I absolutely detest that theory.
__________________
Umineko - How it SHOULD've ended...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 07:54   Link #10208
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Can we stop using terms that aren't remotely meaningful to the discussion and aren't even being used correctly in the first place? Occam's Razor isn't a particularly credible form of literary criticism. In some of its more popular uses (such as religious debates) it's being misused anyway. It's more a scientific principle than a philosophical one, and when applied to philosophy it has a nasty habit of not making a lot of sense.
Renall you obviously didn't understand my point and wrote a lot of things which you told me already for nothing.

Basically your counters are mostly "the other assumptions are more logic", which is your personal opinion and has nothing to do with Occam's razor that favors "the least possible assumptions" and not the "most logic assumptions".

My point there was that with shkanon theory you requires less assumptions than any other system you decide to adopt.

I also made it quite clear that it means nothing in the contest of a story since Occam's razor doesn't work for fictional stories.

My point there was to counter Shiro Kaizen's claim that Occam's razor works against shkanon, not to promote the shkanon validity. Say that Shkanon theory is wrong if you want but not that it's wrong because Occam's razor dictates otherwise.

The fact that you need to make a lot of assumptions in order to explain how Kanon doesn't exist is totally meaningless considering there are no other options but to accept that one of the supposed existing 18 people does not in fact exist.

I don't think it is necessary to explain why among the 17 of original cast, there is no other person that is more likely to not exist than Kanon.
So if you want to reach a similar level simplicity you have no choice but to say that Erika doesn't exist.

However Erika not existing incurs in the same problems that Kanon. There are as many reds to prove Erika existence as there are for Kanon, and whatever distorted logic you use to justify Erika's non existence it can be used for Kanon as well.

Which means that the ghostErika and shKanon on this regard are in a perfect tie.
Except the fact that shkanon explains other things, while ghosterika does not. Which means that overall shkanon requires less assumptions.


I'm not going to reiterate old discussions. The point here is if Occam's razor works against shkanon or not.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 08:13   Link #10209
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Kinzo's liquor is actually poison.
It would explain Maria death in EP4. !Kinzo! Is doing her test, but where is Maria's test ? and how could she have joined Rosa ?

I don't like Shkannon too. thanks you Renall
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:04   Link #10210
Shiro Kaisen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However Erika not existing incurs in the same problems that Kanon. There are as many reds to prove Erika existence as there are for Kanon, and whatever distorted logic you use to justify Erika's non existence it can be used for Kanon as well.

Which means that the ghostErika and shKanon on this regard are in a perfect tie.
Except the fact that shkanon explains other things, while ghosterika does not. Which means that overall shkanon requires less assumptions.


I'm not going to reiterate old discussions. The point here is if Occam's razor works against shkanon or not.

I proclaim that Erika Furudo is the detective.

Every red regarding Erika explained.

Whereas every red in all six games related to Shannon and Kanon's corpses, their "deaths," etc. needs a desperate explanation. Let's not forget we are also required to make excuses for Jessica, Natsuhi, Genji, Kumasawa, Nanjo, and Krauss as to why they either don't know about or don't care about Shkanon. An entire romance subplot is rendered invalid by Shkanon, despite Ryuukishi's major theme being love.

What requires more assumptions, now?
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:49   Link #10211
Raiza Sunozaki
Sorcerer of Uncertainty
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada! ... It's ALWAYS Canada...
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Renall you obviously didn't understand my point and wrote a lot of things which you told me already for nothing.

Basically your counters are mostly "the other assumptions are more logic", which is your personal opinion and has nothing to do with Occam's razor that favors "the least possible assumptions" and not the "most logic assumptions".

My point there was that with shkanon theory you requires less assumptions than any other system you decide to adopt.

I also made it quite clear that it means nothing in the contest of a story since Occam's razor doesn't work for fictional stories.

My point there was to counter Shiro Kaizen's claim that Occam's razor works against shkanon, not to promote the shkanon validity. Say that Shkanon theory is wrong if you want but not that it's wrong because Occam's razor dictates otherwise.

The fact that you need to make a lot of assumptions in order to explain how Kanon doesn't exist is totally meaningless considering there are no other options but to accept that one of the supposed existing 18 people does not in fact exist.
Interruption. You need to make assumptions regarding the non-existence of any of the 18 people, regardless of any non-existence theory, but in the opinion of the people who fight against Shkanon, the assumptions used to deny Erika's existence are much more solid and harder to ignore.

Quote:
I don't think it is necessary to explain why among the 17 of original cast, there is no other person that is more likely to not exist than Kanon.
So if you want to reach a similar level simplicity you have no choice but to say that Erika doesn't exist.

However Erika not existing incurs in the same problems that Kanon. There are as many reds to prove Erika existence as there are for Kanon, and whatever distorted logic you use to justify Erika's non existence it can be used for Kanon as well.

Which means that the ghostErika and shKanon on this regard are in a perfect tie.
Except the fact that shkanon explains other things, while ghosterika does not. Which means that overall shkanon requires less assumptions.
I completely disagree with this logic. Shkanon explains two things which TapeErika struggles with in Episode 6, but creates huge logic holes established by Renall earlier and what we who refuse Shkanon have been arguing for weeks and months now. TapeErika establishes that there are still the original 17 people on the island, and as placing her as a meta-character, allows for logical procession. I haven't read Episode 6 yet, but due to Episode 5's unreliable narration, we can pass Erika as a fantasy character who existed throughout the entire Episode. Erika Assumption one: Episode 5's has an unreliable narrative, allowing her as a fantasy character to exist. Shkanon Assumption one: Episode 5 has an unreliable narrative, allowing both Shannon and Kanon to exist while being observed by Battler.
Without the reliable narrative of Episode 5, Erika's existence is shaken, while Battler's reliable narration of Episode 1-4 shows that he sees Shannon and Kanon, albeit never together. Applying logic, unless we assume Shkanon is a ninja, and can move around to appear as two people while being one, then Shkanon does not work. Shkanon Assumption two: Shkanon has abilities on par with a ninja.
As Renall stated above, Shkanon necessitates that several people are in on the scheme; more so, that George and Jessica have to be both either very ignorant or completely willing to be in a three-way relationship (one of which would be a homosexual relationship when both appear to have heterosexual interests). Shkanon Assumption three: There are people who are aware of Shkanon, but for reason x, don't bother to mention it. Shkanon assumption four: George and Jessica are very ignorant of their surroundings (possible for Jessica but highly unlikely for George), or one of them is homosexual, which goes against what we've learned about them.
Now, I acknowledge as an anti-Shkanon person, I might've ignored looking for TapeErika assumptions, but I'm confident that Shkanon require more assumptions, and more ridiculous assumptions, than other possibilities. Ergo, Occam's Razor works against Shkanon.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 10:33   Link #10212
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On Rokkenjima (I'm the 19th person)
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Interruption. You need to make assumptions regarding the non-existence of any of the 18 people, regardless of any non-existence theory, but in the opinion of the people who fight against Shkanon, the assumptions used to deny Erika's existence are much more solid and harder to ignore.



I completely disagree with this logic. Shkanon explains two things which TapeErika struggles with in Episode 6, but creates huge logic holes established by Renall earlier and what we who refuse Shkanon have been arguing for weeks and months now. TapeErika establishes that there are still the original 17 people on the island, and as placing her as a meta-character, allows for logical procession. I haven't read Episode 6 yet, but due to Episode 5's unreliable narration, we can pass Erika as a fantasy character who existed throughout the entire Episode. Erika Assumption one: Episode 5's has an unreliable narrative, allowing her as a fantasy character to exist. Shkanon Assumption one: Episode 5 has an unreliable narrative, allowing both Shannon and Kanon to exist while being observed by Battler.
Without the reliable narrative of Episode 5, Erika's existence is shaken, while Battler's reliable narration of Episode 1-4 shows that he sees Shannon and Kanon, albeit never together. Applying logic, unless we assume Shkanon is a ninja, and can move around to appear as two people while being one, then Shkanon does not work. Shkanon Assumption two: Shkanon has abilities on par with a ninja.
As Renall stated above, Shkanon necessitates that several people are in on the scheme; more so, that George and Jessica have to be both either very ignorant or completely willing to be in a three-way relationship (one of which would be a homosexual relationship when both appear to have heterosexual interests). Shkanon Assumption three: There are people who are aware of Shkanon, but for reason x, don't bother to mention it. Shkanon assumption four: George and Jessica are very ignorant of their surroundings (possible for Jessica but highly unlikely for George), or one of them is homosexual, which goes against what we've learned about them.
Now, I acknowledge as an anti-Shkanon person, I might've ignored looking for TapeErika assumptions, but I'm confident that Shkanon require more assumptions, and more ridiculous assumptions, than other possibilities. Ergo, Occam's Razor works against Shkanon.
You do realize the scenes in which Kanon and Shannon appear in, the time frame is vastly different. Did you know Battler sees Kanon in 6 scenes ep1, 3 scenes in ep2, 1 or 2 scenes in ep3. 1 scene in ep4? And did you know as far as I can find the only people to see Shannon and Kanon together in the same scene in eps1-4 are Genji once not in a fantasy scene, Kinzo(XD that was a magic scene though) Kumaswa, Gohda, and Rosa all twice, the chapel scenes. I just thought that was overall interesting.

To assume Ghost Erika exists. 1. Erika is the identity of another character on the board. 2. Eirka either stays with Nanjo, or is him in ep5/ isn't him because we know where he is in ep6 and Erika isn't there. 3. Erika can be different people each game. 4. Erika is someone who has a good amount of infulence to the cast, but not a great deal, that they'd let them snoop around. 5. Erika must be someone who doesn't know about the fake death plot in ep5. 6. Erika by unknown reasons has to stay in the guesthouse, but she has to be someone who normally doesn't, so why does Person 'x' stay there in eps5-6 but not before. 7. Erika is shown to not like Jessica, but so far only Eva has been shown to not like Jessica. 8. Erika beheads Eva in ep6, so Erika must be able to change who she is, or it isn't Eva.
__________________

Time ran out for the people on the island. All of them are dead. When the seagulls cry none shall be left alive. Sleep forever in a rest you will never be awakened from my beloved Beatrice. Persona: Project Mirror. http://persona-project-mirror.webs.com/ Check it out if you like the Persona series.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:51   Link #10213
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kaisen View Post
I proclaim that Erika Furudo is the detective.

Every red regarding Erika explained.
Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Interruption. You need to make assumptions regarding the non-existence of any of the 18 people, regardless of any non-existence theory, but in the opinion of the people who fight against Shkanon, the assumptions used to deny Erika's existence are much more solid and harder to ignore.
and that's an opinion which I disagree with and that has nothing to do with the concept of Occam's razor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I haven't read Episode 6 yet, but due to Episode 5's unreliable narration, we can pass Erika as a fantasy character who existed throughout the entire Episode.
The unreliability of the narration of EP5 cannot in any way affect red truths. The red truths of EP5 and EP6 are by no mean inferior to the red truths of previous episodes. Which means that the hypothesis that Erika doesn't exist conflicts with reds as much as the no existence of Kanon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Erika Assumption one: Episode 5's has an unreliable narrative, allowing her as a fantasy character to exist. Shkanon Assumption one: Episode 5 has an unreliable narrative, allowing both Shannon and Kanon to exist while being observed by Battler.
Without the reliable narrative of Episode 5, Erika's existence is shaken, while Battler's reliable narration of Episode 1-4 shows that he sees Shannon and Kanon, albeit never together. Applying logic, unless we assume Shkanon is a ninja, and can move around to appear as two people while being one, then Shkanon does not work.
There is absolutely nothing impossible with that. From Battler perspective there was never a case where he saw Shannon and Kanon on a short time from each other. Which means there wass plenty of time for "sayo" to change clothes and disguise.
The existence of a person able to disguise as someone else is practically a fact, because I hardly see how you can explain Battler seeing Beatrice. Incidentally Shannon and Kanon are both quite viable options for people that can disguise as Beatrice. So a Shannontrice theory implies by default that Shannon is able to disguise as someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Shkanon Assumption two: Shkanon has abilities on par with a ninja.
no. You made that up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
As Renall stated above, Shkanon necessitates that several people are in on the scheme; more so, that George and Jessica have to be both either very ignorant or completely willing to be in a three-way relationship (one of which would be a homosexual relationship when both appear to have heterosexual interests). Shkanon Assumption three: There are people who are aware of Shkanon, but for reason x, don't bother to mention it. Shkanon
assumption four: George and Jessica are very ignorant of their surroundings (possible for Jessica but highly unlikely for George), or one of them is homosexual, which goes against what we've learned about them.
You are multiplying the assumptions here. It is only one: "there are people that know about shkanon and yet the stay silent".
this single assumption cover all that you said above.
Since we are already assuming that only Battler perspective is reliable (see point one) everything we see outside of Battler's perspective doesn't require another assumption to be considered unreliable, it's still the same assumption. That means every scene involving Shannon and Kanon with other people can be considered unreliable, including the scenes with George and Jessica.

So up to this point you only managed to find one more assumption with shkanon. But I named before the other assumptions you need to make without shkanon which are:

- Kanon is Kinzo (or whichever theory you decide to use to justify Kanon's freedom from the sealed room)

- A non better specified theory explaining the whole love test scenes

- The assumptions that Ryukishi planned a huge troll since EP3 and used up almost half of Ep6 just to that end.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 13:08   Link #10214
ijriims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HK, China
Ryu07 said a lot of people got the key to the answer from EP6 already, but few have used the key to open the door.

Assume Shkanon is the key, then can anyone provide a good explanation for the following things:

1.What was lying on the floor of the garden shed in EP1?

2. Was Kanon an alternative personality of Sayo? A persona imposed by Sayo? An imaginatory person by Sayo? A real person but who has perished before the incident?

3. If Kanon had no distinct physical body from the beginning, why was he created?

4. Are all the red texts "Shannon died/was killed" or "Kanon died/was killed" redundant, considering that EP6 said that "a personality's death is also a death of person" because "people considers people with different personality, even with the same body, as two distinct beings (referring to sis-Beatrice and old-Beatrice by Featherine and Ange)?

(if it is true, all the cases from EP1-4 can be explained quite easily. Somehow it was supported by Ryu07's claim that if the way Battler was saved was the key to all closed-room mysteries in Ep1-4)

-------------------------------

Under the notion of "Without Love, it cannot be seen". THe most I could account for Shkanon, is this:


Yoshiya was such a frail boy. Even though he was already 16, his body did not allow him to do some simple labour. He had a pale complexion, and he was suffering from monochromacy. (I speculate X-linked recessive, a disorder of mutation in X chromosome) He was given the codename Kanon when he entered Rokkenjima at 13. Sayo has known him from the orphanage, treating him like her real brother. Due to his weak body and being unable to fulfill his duty, in fear of harsh punishment or firing by Natsuhi. Sayo started doing his jobs in order to cover him up. Of course, it was soon discovered by Genji. Ultimately, she proposed to Genji that she would bear Kanon's codename as well, such that indeed "Kanon" does finish his job. Genji agreed and kept this secrets from other people, fearing that other servants might complain Kanon for doing few but earning same salary.

While Kanon was better, sometimes he did show up. And indeed Jessica was attracted to him. However, he knew that his body was frail, and loving him would only a tragedy for both. Hence, he declined Jessica's confession, despite his intense love for her. In fact, he knew that his life would not be long

Why would Genji and Kinzo hired Yoshiya knowing he was so weak? It could not be helped, because both he and Sayo were children of 1967 Beatrice, products of Kinzo's effort to resurrect his lovers. Kinzo needed to have a close monitor on how these children fared closely. As Kinzo's close friend and family doctor Nanjo knew the condition of Yoshiya's illnesses. Of course 1967 Beatrice did not get pregnant throughout her lives, they were just biological children. Sayo was finally revealed that Yoshiya was her real sibing after Yoshiya arrived (EP2, after Sayo finished her middle school). They had to accept the fact they were inferior to humans, being born not out of love, but out of experiments. But they also owed their lives completely on Kinzo and Genji, since without them, they could not come to the world at all. The real reason why Sayo did not leave Rokkenjima, was not because she was shy, or she yielded to the habit, but really she wanted to take care of her brother. You may ask why Sayo and Yoshiya, it was because they shared half of their genes.

Yoshiya did go to Jessica's school to witness her performance.

A few days before 4th Oct, 1986, the condition of Yoshiya aggravated much, and Nanjo knew nothing could be done except to reduce his pain. The last wish of Yoshiya was to have a look on Jessica, but he knew he could not let her know his condition. He asked whether he could get close to Jessica by resting in Jessica's room (when she was not on Rokkenjia). Finally, Yoshiya was given euthanasia on Jessica's bed.

From this days, Sayo still could not bear to tell Yoshiya had died to Jessica. In fact, she had no other means other than to impose as a living Kanon. She knew it could not go on forever, but she did not want Jessica to suddenly receives the woe as well. She could not leave Rokkenjima since she did not want to hurt Jessica.

What's worse, she knew that George was going to propose to her. She dearly loved George, knowing he loving her as well. She wanted to leave the island and be with George, but she was torn by it because this meant Jessica's sorrow as well. She had to decide whether she would receive the proposal by Geroge to leave the island, or to reject it and continue to stay aside Jessica and maintain the Kanon mirage.

This was the choice between Shannon and Kanon, a decision she had not made till 4th Oct.

Without love, it cannot be seen.
__________________
Kýrie, eléison

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.

Last edited by ijriims; 2010-05-19 at 14:18.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 13:30   Link #10215
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On Rokkenjima (I'm the 19th person)
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Ryu07 said a lot of people got the key to the answer from EP6 already, but few have used the key to open the door.
If many people have the key, it must not be that hard to understand, but it may be hard to figure out how to use it in past eps.

As far as I see it ep6's logic error only has 2 answers many can come to without a ton of assumption and guesswork, or break the red.

Kanon doesn't exist, aka Shakannon
Kanon died in the guestroom.

Neither are easy to use to solve anything...
__________________

Time ran out for the people on the island. All of them are dead. When the seagulls cry none shall be left alive. Sleep forever in a rest you will never be awakened from my beloved Beatrice. Persona: Project Mirror. http://persona-project-mirror.webs.com/ Check it out if you like the Persona series.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:11   Link #10216
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
At this point in time, have any players found the correct method of Battler's escape?

Ryuukishi: I think so. I think there are many people who have found the 'key' that leads to the truth.
However, it looks as though very few people have actually taken that key, returned to the previous episodes, and put it in the keyhole.
Nowhere does Ryukishi say that the key was first found in episode 6 or in any particular episode. Quit seeing things that aren't there! And if you read this he's just dodging the question. The question is for episode 6, but the key he's talking about doesn't seem to restricted to that. He probably expects you to find it in the question arcs.

he didn't say that it was the key to Battler's escape though he said it's the key that leads to the truth. I think they're unrelated.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:25   Link #10217
ijriims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HK, China
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Nowhere does Ryukishi say that the key was first found in episode 6 or in any particular episode. Quit seeing things that aren't there! And if you read this he's just dodging the question. The question is for episode 6, but the key he's talking about doesn't seem to restricted to that. He probably expects you to find it in the question arcs.

he didn't say that it was the key to Battler's escape though he said it's the key that leads to the truth. I think they're unrelated.
Besides the part you quote, I also refer to this part of the interview.

Quote:
">(About Battler's escape)
This part will probably serve as a massive hint regarding the truth about Beatrice.

If you really understand how he was able to escape, it should be possible for you to solve all of the riddles from EP1 to EP4.
Especially after this last game, where we placed several hints that verged on answers, you should be able to explain the riddles of all the closed rooms up until now."
And he talked returned to previous episodes. Through reading the whole interview, I took it to mean "return to question arcs". At least the key was in EP5, or EP6.
__________________
Kýrie, eléison

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:33   Link #10218
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Well there are a lot of things in episode 5 we probably don't get. He's said stuff suggesting hints to Battler's sin are in there and that the land of the golden witch content is in there. But nobody seems to know where these things are. They're very well hidden.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:35   Link #10219
ijriims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HK, China
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Well there are a lot of things in episode 5 we probably don't get. He's said stuff suggesting hints to Battler's sin are in there and that the land of the golden witch content is in there. But nobody seems to know where these things are. They're very well hidden.
EP5 hinting on Battler's sin, if I am correct, was at the scene when Battler asked when he promised something to Beatrice, then Beatrice said she was willing to die now. Blatantly showing Battler's sin was a forgotten/broken promise.

For EP6, it was the discussion between Featherine and Ange that Battler's sin actually created Beatrice.
__________________
Kýrie, eléison

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:38   Link #10220
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
EP5 hinting on Battler's sin, if I am correct, was at the scene when Battler asked when he promised something to Beatrice, then Beatrice said she was willing to die now.
I think your thinking of episode 4 not 5. Unless you mean the tea party or something. Beato is already dead in episode 5. She doesn't speak at all. Bern says this herself.

Quote:
Bern: You said something interesting in the last game. You said this would be a torture where you both torment each other. That was right. It was torture for Beato as well. And you know you won that torture game.......That's why Beato's soul was killed, and why she became a doll like corpse.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.