AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-29, 20:27   Link #81
videoman190

Here's the latest blog translation.

Quote:
Yeah it's basically talking about Ash' moves and how he's changed since the previous game etc. Let's see how much of this I can translate before my flight starts boarding, lol.

Q: So let's talk about Ash's special characteristics.

Yamamoto:
Ash has two key ranged attack capabilities with his Ventose (that comes out with different speeds depending on the light or heavy version) and his Genie which is a ranged attack that stays in place. His basic style is to look at the opponent's reaction and respond with the appropriate anti-air measures.

He has strong defense, but is also a great offensive character. Since he has strong defense even without having any gauge, he's able to use his power stocks for offensive purposes if needed. For instance he can use his Sans-Culotte DM to augment his offensive capabilities, gaining the ability to do his moves without charging, and to cancel moves that couldn't previously be cancelled.

You could call him a character that's like a fortress with no weaknesses, I suppose.

Yamaguchi:
He also has a bunch of moves that he gained for story reasons, based on Chizuru's power that he stole in KOF2003, and Iori's power that he stole in KOF XI.

Q: Please tell us about the new moves he's gained since KOF XII.

Yamamoto:
Just like Mr Yamaguchi said earlier, he's gained the Germinar that uses Chizuru's power, as well as Frutidore (sp?) which uses Iori's power. Frutidore is his NeoMAX DM. He may gain some additional moves beyond those two as well.

Q: In KOF XI, the Germinar had the ability to seal the opponent's special moves. Is that still the case?

Yamamoto:
Yes it is. On top of that in KOF XI even if you hit with the move your opponent would usually tag out quickly - since the multi-shift system is absent this time around, it should become a much more useful move.

Yamaguchi:
Also pay attention to the graphics on the move - once you hit with the move, the opponent's power gauge and hyperdrive gauge will become greyed out.

Yamamoto:
By the way, you do the move as an immediate followup from the Sans-culotte.

Q: What is Fructidor like?

Yamamoto:
Fructidor is a throw move. It's a NeoMAX DM, so it's quite powerful. You can think of it as a powerful addition that lets you crush your opponent.

Yamaguchi:
We might change the animation of this move somewhat from the version that was usable at the location test.

Q: What about the EX versions of his special moves?

Yamamoto:
Most of Ash' EX moves do multiple hits. In particular I'd like to call attention to his EX Genie. Unlike the regular version, the EX version activates fast on contact with the opponent, like an explosion, so it's not possible to escape by dashing or jumping. In addition, the explosion does multiple hits, so you can easily use it to start a combo. Of course, the fact that you can put this out anywhere on the screen makes it very difficult for the opponent to approach you.

In any case it's effective just by placing it on the screen. It's a 'disgusting' move that fits pretty well with Ash' image, isn't it?

Q: Are there any other moves we should take note of?

Yamamoto:
His Thermidor has faster startup and a smaller window of vulnerability, so it's a lot easier to use.
On top of that because it moves slowly, it's hard to avoid by jumping or rolling, and blocking it will cause the opponent to take tick damage. In addition while they're blocking you can mix up high and low attacks - much like the EX Genie I mentioned before, it's a move that will cause disgust in your opponent just by you throwing it out there.
Ash has a lot of moves that allow him to show off - I suppose it's an extension of his personality (laughs).
To anyone who uses Ash, I encourage you to play him in a way that creates advantageous situations for you.

Yamaguchi:
He's very much a character aimed at people who want to mess with and provoke their opponents.

Thank you very much. Next week we'll talk about the three members of the Elisabeth Team. Please look forward to it!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 08:43   Link #82
Nayim

K' CONFIRM !!

link:http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...ter/index.html
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 12:54   Link #83
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Now that's the good shit.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 23:02   Link #84
videoman190

Maxima will be next and the team stories will come before that!

Quote:
Posted by cyberfanatix

K' officially confirmed and appearing in the last update of the KOF XIII Official Site.
The Game Mode tag has been also updated announcing the single player mode!
Old 2010-05-02, 02:43   Link #85
kiak666

Here's a video showing an animated cutscene of the game, it's in Japanese but I think it contains major spoiler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkvi54w21kc

So, anyone in this forum knows Japanese? I like to find out what the subtitles say.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 09:17   Link #86
videoman190

Here's some location test vids from Hong Kong and Japan (Just rember the game is at 90% and it's the arcade version the hove version will come after that!)

Old 2010-05-07, 05:56   Link #87
kiak666

Maxima is confirmed to be the second member of Team K'.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...ter/index.html
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 06:40   Link #88
videoman190

Quote:
From Zamalek of Cyberfanatix

note for who doesn't know.

The mid-game demo has no new information, the same that was said before.

I was surfing YouTube and found a Spanish translated version of the mid-game demo and tried to translate it using Google translator and found that

Spanish:-

ROSE: "Este ano, el torneo The King of fighters, es celebrado
integramente por la fundacion Bernstein
El dinero?, no es problema"

BOTAN: "Las cosas estan funcionando de acuerdo a lo planeado...
teniendo el coliseo del torneo situado exactamente encima del lugar de descanzo de Orochi...
solo resta abrir la dimension."

Botan esta realizando un excelente trabajo en el torneo KOF

DARK ASH: Asi que tu eres Mukai cierto? ... me eres completamente inutil...
MUKAI: si asi es, perdoneme senor...
ASH: "tras la muerte de Magaki y la desaparicion de Shion... no tendremos mas que... una oportunidad
mmm, ya veo
...chicos, deben morir todos? su vida no vale nada...
...al menos pueden hacer un buen uso de ella."
MUKAI: Entendido senor.

The English translation:
ROSE: "This year, The King of Fighters tournament is held
entirely by the Bernstein Foundation
The money?, No problem "

BOTAN: "Things are working according to plan ...
having the tournament arena is located just above the place of rest during Orochi ...
dimension only remains open. "

Botan is doing an excellent job in the KOF tournament

DARK ASH: So you're Mukai right? ... are completely useless to me ...
MUKAI: If so, forgive me sir ...
ASH: "After the death of Magaki and the disappearance of Shion ... we have no more than an opportunity ...
mmm, I see
... Guys should all die? his life is worthless ...
... At least they can make good use of it. "
MUKAI: Understood sir.

Nothing new. I think I have read it in the forum before.
This is only a note for who don't know
Elisabeth Team Story translation (Google&Human):
Spoiler:

And a Blog update
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...05/post_9.html
Old 2010-05-07, 06:45   Link #89
videoman190

And Ash's story (Part One!)
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-07, 06:46   Link #90
videoman190

The story is too long so I Have to put each part separate!

(Ash story Part Two!)
Spoiler:

Ash Story final part
Spoiler:

Credit goes to FighterBoy for the story translations!

Here's the portrait and gif

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-05-07 at 07:38.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:32   Link #91
Nayim

Kula Diamond CONFIRM:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...iii/character/
Old 2010-05-14, 08:20   Link #92
videoman190

man you beat me to it!

Kula Diamond is confirmed and Kim's team story has been posted!
The final roster is complete (at least for the arcade version!)

Old 2010-05-14, 08:26   Link #93
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
KULA-CHAN!!

All that's left is to reveal who's gonna be the cheap SNK boss this time around.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 08:29   Link #94
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
KULA-CHAN!!

All that's left is to reveal who's gonna be the cheap SNK boss this time around.
If i remember correctly, the story said the letters send from "R"

Maybe Rugal? Because Mature & Vice suddenly alive without any reason, i doubt it's Rugal.....I think :P.
Old 2010-05-20, 05:54   Link #95
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0hFBMV8QXc
Fuck Yeah
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:10   Link #96
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
That was awesome. Buying this game day one. Great to see Mai's, K's and Vice back in action. Really liking the new gameplay elements I saw as well. Hopefully the netcode for the console version is much better than KOF XII.
Old 2010-05-20, 07:04   Link #97
videoman190

Neomax showcase!
Starring Andy, Terry Joe

And terry's combo!
Old 2010-05-20, 11:28   Link #98
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Summer release hopefully??
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 07:16   Link #99
Nayim

Cutscene:

TWO ASH?
Old 2010-05-21, 09:58   Link #100
videoman190

Here's the latest bolg entry!

Quote:
Latest blog entry translation by sonic Tempest

Hello, it's Yuzuko.

With the revealing of the K' team's last member, Kula, all the playable characters have finally shown up.
Well then, we continue the team introduction series of posts which started on 4/28 with the Garou team (Terry/Andy/Joe). Those who use them should surely pay close attention! As usual, to get information on the characters' abilities, I talked to the game design director, Mr Yamamoto and the game art director, Mr Yamaguchi.

Q: Jumping right in, what new moves has Terry gained since KOF XII? His DM 'Buster Wolf' is one of them isn't it?
Yamamoto: Yes. Buster Wolf is a high speed charging attack. It goes without saying, but it's the fastest move Terry has in his repertoire. Because the startup is fast, you can use it to interrupt strings of attacks. It's also useful in combos.

Q: There's an EX version too, right? How does it change?
Yamamoto: Of course, there's an EX version. The invincibility on the EX version is longer, allowing you to beat the opponent's attacks even if you do it early.
Yamaguchi: In addition the EX version has a different animation from the normal version. When the EX version hits, the animation is similar to the Garou MOW version in that he retreats slightly when blasting the opponent. We've also increased the hitpause when the attack connects, for both the normal and the EX versions. Please do try it out if you get the opportunity.

Q: What's his NEOMAX DM like?
Yamamoto: The name of the move is 'Trinity Geyser.' It's a tremendously powered-up version of his Power Geyser where he creates several Power Geysers on screen at once.
Yamaguchi: You would have seen this at the recent location tests, but we changed the 'impact' of the startup portion of this move. When he raises his hands above his head, you can see blue energy effects gathering near them. In addition, we've made the animation of the attack a bit slower than it was before. We also changed the fire effect that shows up when he strikes the ground, making it clearer. It looks basically like a series of Power Waves (from Fatal Fury 1) that are appearing and disappearing one after the other. I've always thought it'd be nice for Terry to have a move like this, so it's a deep emotional moment for me.

<video of Terry NeoMAX>

Q: A lot of people used Terry during the location tests, so it seems like he's the main pick for a lot of players out there. How would you suggest he should be played?
Yamamoto: It might seem difficult to use drive cancels with Terry, but in fact the landing frames of his Burn Knuckle can be drive cancelled out of, so you can cancel out of that move to start a combo. I think you'll be able to combo fairly easily from there.

<video of Terry drive cancel combo>

Q: What sorts of moves has Andy gained from KOF XII?
Yamamoto: He's gained his 'Geki Hishouken' DM. It's a move with no obvious frontal weaknesses where he gathers an energy vortex in front of him and shoots it forward. You can do things like super cancel it off a connected Zan'eiken.
In addition, since Andy has the 'breaking' capability from Garou MOW on his Kuuhadan, he's very user-friendly and has a lot of practical combos.

Q: Anything special about his EX moves or DMs?
Yamaguchi: It's a little boring, but EX Shouryuudan (his uppercut) has longer invincibility and does two hits.

Q: What about his NEOMAX DM?
Yamamoto: It's called 'Chou Shin Soku Zan'eiken'. Since the NEOMAX system is one of the selling points of the system this time around, we made this move really flashy. It's really fast!
Yamaguchi: You can do it not just on the ground, but in the air, too.

<video of Andy NeoMAX>

If you K.O. an opponent with it, you'll get to see a special winpose too.

Q: Anything else worth mentioning?
Yamamoto: Some of his commands have been changed from the location test. Zan'eiken has had its charge time removed, making it easier to pull out in rapid succession. I can now recommend it without reservations.

Q: Finally, what moves have been added to Joe since KOF XII?
Yamamoto: He's regained 'Ougon no Kakato' (QCB+K). It's a move where he drops his feel on the opponent while jumping. It's been a very useful move throughout the KOF series, so this is good news, isn't it? In addition, he's gained his DM 'Bakuretsu Hurricane Tiger Kakato'.

Q: Please tell us about his EX moves.
Yamamoto: The EX version of Ougon no Kakato has very little lag on landing, so if it hits on a grounded opponent you can connect followup attacks. Pay attention to the timing and definitely give it a try.
Yamaguchi: The EX version of Hurricane Upper has him firing three tornadoes instead of one. The EX version of Screw Upper becomes 'Slide Screw' - in other words a tornado that moves horizontally across the screen. (ST: Sooo it's the SDM version then?)

Q: Please tell us about his NEOMAX DM.
Yamamoto: It's called 'Screw Straight.' A horizontal tornado materializes right next to Joe, just like a drill.

<video of Joe NeoMAX>

Yamaguchi: Just like Terry's move this is one that I've been hoping to do for a long time but only just had my wish granted. It was hard to do during the NEOGEO era because of hardware restrictions...
I'm happy it showed up this time.

---

Thank you very much.
Today we've also released a promotional video. Please do watch it!
Next week's entry will be about the three members of the Psycho Soldier team. Do look forward to it!

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360