AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-19, 06:44   Link #3721
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Whoever has Google rules the world. As long as Google is still based in US, the Illuminati will base their operations there.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 06:54   Link #3722
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
General Chat is kinda off topic, after all it's not talking about Anime and such, and I asked this here because it's just a small question... BTW, it's really "personal" stuff, but more like threads about different interesting stuff, it seems the General Chat forum is too strict, IMO.
And precisely, General is used as a broad term to anything not "directly" related to Anime. Not exhaustive, but things like economy, etc are simply in there. That doesn't mean that it should be "talk about anything you want".
Forums are usually used as a place to "discuss" about "topics" at hand, which can involve every reader in a way or another.

By this definition, we aren't fancying stuff like "what have you done today" and the likes: not only it is often one sided, but when it is shared by several people, either it turns into a messy chat derailing the topic even further, or like komari said: flame war and whatever you call.

Unless I'm interpreting the admins' opinions in the wrong way, AS forums are used for "meaningful" topics, as in: a subject that has a meaning to be read and that provides equally or relatively meaningful answers. Random and personal stuff are a "no no", because it simply doesn't fuel any proper discussion, resulting to a bunch of posts that can be mistaken for "a blog article, and comments below".
In fact, it seems visitor messages or blogs are much more appropriate to give that kind of content a shot.

And speaking of the forums being strict, I disagree as it seriously prevents ridiculous situations or downright nonsensical random insanity..
The fine line was set in stone from the very beginning. While I may be a bit blunt, I believe this should be reminded (that is applied to anywhere else... well "should" be applied):
if you don't like this part of the forums, you will have to deal with it, or look something more suitable to your tastes. Why, for it, you are the only one who makes a choice here, we do not force people to stay or leave either way (well, ban hammer, and slav-... moderators aside ).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-19 at 07:10.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:00   Link #3723
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
I have a question, I'm looking for a word in English to find a particular texture with

this is what I am looking for:

Think of an old book or old school work book that you write in.
On the front you would have a small white square in which you would write your name and probably subject.
What is the name for this tag or even better the appropriate word for this work book kind of thing?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:41   Link #3724
Woopzilla
Desensitized
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LV-426
Age: 27
Perhaps an 'exercise book'? But I suppose that's not so different from 'work book'.
__________________
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:16   Link #3725
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28° 37', North ; 77° 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Whoever has Google rules the world. As long as Google is still based in US, the Illuminati will base their operations there.
base their operations here? come on, that's a bit naive - the illuminati IS google !- i knew google was way too good to be true!
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:17   Link #3726
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I have a question, I'm looking for a word in English to find a particular texture with

this is what I am looking for:

Think of an old book or old school work book that you write in.
On the front you would have a small white square in which you would write your name and probably subject.
What is the name for this tag or even better the appropriate word for this work book kind of thing?
"Label" for the name of tag, "exercise book" for name of book.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:35   Link #3727
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I have a question, I'm looking for a word in English to find a particular texture with

this is what I am looking for:

Think of an old book or old school work book that you write in.
On the front you would have a small white square in which you would write your name and probably subject.
What is the name for this tag or even better the appropriate word for this work book kind of thing?
Provided that it is completely handwritten, you might want call the book a manuscript.

As for the tag, you might want to call it a nameplate.

Problem is, the word "nameplate" is a fairly modern term used in desktop publishing, whereas "manuscripts" have been around since humans started recording information in written form. So, it might be a bit anachronistic to use both words together.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 16:51   Link #3728
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Thank you very much you three =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 01:43   Link #3729
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
#Q: Why are some locks made to lock twice (two turns)? Any history/reason behind it?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 05:45   Link #3730
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
#Q: Why are some locks made to lock twice (two turns)? Any history/reason behind it?
With a strong but thin enough steel plate/ruler, you can lever out the lock with the latch which only has a single lock function through the gap between the door and the frame.

The double locking mechanism makes that impossible to undo the lock and the latch at the same time.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 09:03   Link #3731
Dorsai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Anyone can tell me title of anime/manga/fanart this two images?:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7307/dubbybday.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7992/creditse.jpg

If i ask in bad place pls tell me where can i ask about this...

Thx for reply
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 10:37   Link #3732
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Anyone can tell me title of anime/manga/fanart this two images?:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7307/dubbybday.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7992/creditse.jpg

If i ask in bad place pls tell me where can i ask about this...

Thx for reply
Second is Fate/stay night.

For the first no idea. Try the other thread.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 12:41   Link #3733
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Is there a way to get rid of my facial hair without having to shave again? I waste about 15 minutes every morning trying to get that annoying moustache off without cutting myself with the damn razor.

(Goodness, I sound like a lolicon-ish Santa.)
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 14:22   Link #3734
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
There are facial depilatories (boy that's an awkward word). But I haven't tried any yet -- yeah, for me after a few decades of shaving, I'd really rather have something I could slap on and wash off. By my wife's analysis, I should shave twice a day to avoid stubble :P
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 03:43   Link #3735
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
you should be proud you have to shave every morning. it shows you're a man. me, I can only indulge once a month. grow faster dammit.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 06:38   Link #3736
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
you should be proud you have to shave every morning. it shows you're a man. me, I can only indulge once a month. grow faster dammit.
You're still young. The rate of growth will increase as you get older.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 07:46   Link #3737
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
you should be proud you have to shave every morning. it shows you're a man. me, I can only indulge once a month. grow faster dammit.
You will know how annoying it is when your timetable is so cramped. Manly or not, it doesn't have any real value......it is a total annoyance for me during the past 3-4 years.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 14:52   Link #3738
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
And neckbeards are not fashionable at all anymore
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 15:45   Link #3739
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
You could try growing one like the techno viking.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 21:37   Link #3740
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Aah, it's been a while since I saw the Technoviking... thanks for reviving that memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I waste about 15 minutes every morning trying to get that annoying moustache off without cutting myself with the damn razor.
15 minutes? Sounds like you're doing it wrong. I admit that even after all these years of shaving daily or every other day (because in research, nobody really cares how unshaven you are) I still come away with a number of cuts, but they're never very deep. They're the type that can leave an annoying red mark that makes it obvious that you've cut yourself, but I discovered that if you keep something like tissue or toilet paper over them for ~10 minutes, then when you peel it off it'll look as though you were never bleeding in the first place. If your face is damp then it'll stay fixed to your face and you don't have to hold it there.

What razors are you using? I'm using the Gillette Mach 3; I use Gillette or Edge shaving cream, doesn't make a big difference. Gillette sent me a free Fusion, and I've tested it but don't find it to be particularly beneficial. It does hug your face a bit tighter, but I still occasionally cut myself with it (the small bleeds, nothing deep or major). If the Fusion blades cost the same as the Mach 3 blades did then I'd probably switch over to it, but otherwise the Mach 3 works well enough for me.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.