AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

Old 2010-02-22, 20:44   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Quick question. Does anyone know the release dates of all the DVDs (the OVAs) and could you please post them if you do?
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search3.htm...20&order=score

They stretch out to July. Not that bad a wait, really.
Old 2010-02-28, 16:22   Link #102
Vanish
Science Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Hm, I kinda wondered, but in the end... did Yin really have the potential to kill Hei?
I mean, Hei isn't a normal contractor. He's got no renumeration, nor does he think / act (more like pretend) to be one. And his ability is kinda inherited by Bai, so I thought the scene in the parallel world of the last episode of the first season was in some way a confirmation that Hei is actually human. Or so I think.
In that sense, Hei didn't get emo-suicidal-action-attack from Yin also because of not being a (normal) contractor, right?
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 19:19   Link #103
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Hm, I kinda wondered, but in the end... did Yin really have the potential to kill Hei?
I mean, Hei isn't a normal contractor. He's got no renumeration, nor does he think / act (more like pretend) to be one. And his ability is kinda inherited by Bai, so I thought the scene in the parallel world of the last episode of the first season was in some way a confirmation that Hei is actually human. Or so I think.
In that sense, Hei didn't get emo-suicidal-action-attack from Yin also because of not being a (normal) contractor, right?
Yes, Yin has potential to kill Hei. Contractors and dolls feel pretty much no emotion. Even in special cases, it is really quite low. I'm not sure if it's correct, but didn't Hei acquire his sister's power when the boom around Heaven's gate occurred? Amber said that his sister was the one with electric power. That could be why he has no renumeration. I'm not even sure that he really was a contractor. He was just a skillful killer. He just seems like a cold bastard because he's killed a lot of people. Killing tons of people can destroy your sense of morality and emotion, but not 100% of it.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 06:35   Link #104
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

He didn't have any powers before he inherited Bai's powers. He was highly skilled bodyguard/assassin. His fighting style involved a dagger attached to metal wire. His preferred method of execution, before he got his powers, was strangulation.

He now has power over matter/sub atomic particles, which he inherited from Bai. He only uses his power to generate electrical currents through his wire when he is prepared to execute an enemy.

Hei is the most powerful being on the planet, without any weaknesses. But, he intentionally handicaps himself for some odd reason.

It's kind of strange that he never uses his full power even though he doesn't have a renumeration. He's very conservative and careful with it. In a fit of rage, he was going to "nuke" Amber but the meteor fragment saved her and made him snap out of it.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 19:51   Link #105
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
He didn't have any powers before he inherited Bai's powers. He was highly skilled bodyguard/assassin. His fighting style involved a dagger attached to metal wire. His preferred method of execution, before he got his powers, was strangulation.

He now has power over matter/sub atomic particles, which he inherited from Bai. He only uses his power to generate electrical currents through his wire when he is prepared to execute an enemy.

Hei is the most powerful being on the planet, without any weaknesses. But, he intentionally handicaps himself for some odd reason.

It's kind of strange that he never uses his full power even though he doesn't have a renumeration. He's very conservative and careful with it. In a fit of rage, he was going to "nuke" Amber but the meteor fragment saved her and made him snap out of it.
No, he isn't the most powerful being on the planet. He is just experienced in combat. His power is strong, but he doesn't use it the right way to make it that powerful. His power was his sister's, not his own, so he wouldn't know the extent of the number of uses it can be used for. That's why he doesn't know how to use the "full" power (he didn't know until Amber tells him). And he doesn't have a renumeration because he isn't a contractor. In theory Bai probably gave a power to Hei, identical to her's. It was said that Bai's power could give contractor-like abilities to people, because it alters their cells down to an atomic level.
Old 2010-04-24, 14:47   Link #106
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Spoiler for Question:

Last edited by DarkWish; 2010-04-25 at 06:36.
DarkWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 19:02   Link #107
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Yui?, i dont know who is she
Old 2010-04-25, 06:35   Link #108
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Oh sorry my bad i mean Yin ill edit that
Old 2010-05-16, 19:20   Link #109
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
I guess no one answered this for you yet, so I will. DTB season #2 only has 12 episodes, that's correct. There are continuing OVAs called DTB: Gaiden which are episodes explaining what happened with Yin and Hei between season 1 and season 2.
Old 2010-05-17, 06:10   Link #110
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I guess no one answered this for you yet, so I will. DTB season #2 only has 12 episodes, that's correct. There are continuing OVAs called DTB: Gaiden which are episodes explaining what happened with Yin and Hei between season 1 and season 2.
Thx , i think in all these time i figured it out myselfe lol. no1 answered for some time now so.. thx
Old 2010-05-21, 23:01   Link #111
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Thx , i think in all these time i figured it out myselfe lol. no1 answered for some time now so.. thx
no problem
Old 2010-05-22, 23:23   Link #112
Flibber

does anyone have any idea when or if new episodes are coming out i really miss this series and watching it over and over again is really not working for me anymore lmfao.
Flibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:27   Link #113
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibber View Post
does anyone have any idea when or if new episodes are coming out i really miss this series and watching it over and over again is really not working for me anymore lmfao.
There are 2 more OVAs to be released, one next week and the lat one in July
Old 2010-05-22, 23:32   Link #114
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
^Word.
(Stupid ten character rule).
Old 2010-05-23, 20:45   Link #115
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
There are 2 more OVAs to be released, one next week and the lat one in July
Sucks it's only two. The OVAs are really interesting.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:20   Link #116
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Spoiler for Question:
Nocturne Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 17:20   Link #117
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Question:
I'm thinking he did kill her but it was too late, or maybe he didn't. Either way Yin dies. At the very end, the apocalypse child is still born. As for Hei, I guess he reverts back to being a bum until he's really needed again.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:59   Link #118
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I'm thinking he did kill her but it was too late, or maybe he didn't. Either way Yin dies. At the very end, the apocalypse child is still born. As for Hei, I guess he reverts back to being a bum until he's really needed again.
I think too, that he killed her. As for Hei I think that he is alive and that he will return.
Old 2010-05-28, 16:31   Link #119
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne Dragon View Post
I think too, that he killed her. As for Hei I think that he is alive and that he will return.
If he did kill her, it was too late. Kind of sucks for Hei. I think he will return when he is needed (when he needs to kick some apocalypse ass).
Old 2010-05-29, 04:40   Link #120
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

Anyway it was great and mysterious ending, but somehow I think that Yin is still alive.

Tags
q&a