AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-29, 17:39   Link #7441
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
State capitalism has been around for awhile now; it's basically just modern fascism. In a world of globalization and excessively superhuman technology, it goes without saying that the individual's power/freedom is going to get shafted in favor of higher societal structures such as companies and bureaucracies.

Quote:
Being a nihilist that I am, I would say that the food chain follows a logical and rational cycle, be it literally or laterally, so there isn't really such a thing as "animal rights".
Then there's really no such thing as anything, if you're the nihilist you say you are.
Furthermore, human beings themselves are no longer "on top". It is the corporations and bureaucracies that are, as stated above the quote.
I would say that animal rights would come along naturally with human rights. If more efforts were devoted to feeding people efficiently (human rights), then the inefficient meat production would decrease and less animals would die gruesomely (animal rights).
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 19:35   Link #7442
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Well it seems that BP's latest attempt to fill in the drill leak has failed.


This is just starting to get preposterous.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 21:51   Link #7443
FDW
AH.com Ambassador
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It's like the LHC all over again.
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 23:15   Link #7444
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Dennis Hopper is dead.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 06:33   Link #7445
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
*sad panda*

one thing that sucks about growing up is seeing actors you pretty much grew up watching pass away
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 10:07   Link #7446
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
* Hitler Used Gay Soldiers Because They Had ' No Limits '









__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 10:51   Link #7447
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
i'm extremely confused, is promoting us to use gay soldiers or not? I mean wouldn't that mean gay soldiers would be the ultimate soldier because they would have no qualms about carrying out any order? This is just ridiculous but w/e, I bet when gay is no longer in vogue to bash, Hitler will become black or something.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 11:32   Link #7448
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
It's not even news... it's the ramblings of the AFA(American Family Association) basically some form of propaganda.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 11:40   Link #7449
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
It's not even news... it's the ramblings of the AFA(American Family Association) basically some form of propaganda.
Yup, pretty much. Other than the leader of the SA, most of the Nazis were straight. But why let facts stand in the way of your agenda when you can make up your own facts? It's like a personal reality from raildex, only instead giving you esper abilities, it lets you believe in whatever unsupported bullshit you want without having to entertain notions that you might be wrong.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 11:50   Link #7450
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yup, pretty much. Other than the leader of the SA, most of the Nazis were straight. But why let facts stand in the way of your agenda when you can make up your own facts? It's like a personal reality from raildex, only instead giving you esper abilities, it lets you believe in whatever unsupported bullshit you want without having to entertain notions that you might be wrong.
At least it's better than denialism. Denying the holocaust, rape of nanking, the existence of discrimination based on race, this overt attempt to supplant heinous crimes by saying its the delusion of the masses is just ridiculous. I love how in the AFA video, the white house is in the background to give it more of an authoritative stance, as if it is a message straight from the white house.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 15:55   Link #7451
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
The funny thing though is, that this guy would make a good goebbels personality wise. I guess every place has its share of demagogues who didn't learn that they are free to have an oppinion and voice it. But they don't need to (it is not a civic duty to voice one's stupid oppinion) - especially idiots like him.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:45   Link #7452
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
The funny thing though is, that this guy would make a good Goebbels personality wise. I guess every place has its share of demagogues who didn't learn that they are free to have an oppinion and voice it. But they don't need to (it is not a civic duty to voice one's stupid oppinion) - especially idiots like him.
Heh, it is ironic. This guy sure is good at making stuff up and forcing himself and others to believe it. He would have made a fine Nazi authority.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 00:38   Link #7453
Autumn Demon
~
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY
Age: 25
Israeli soldiers kill passengers of an international flotilla trying to get into Gaza.



I'm reading reports saying around 20 people died.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor..._To_Gaza_Strip
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/mid...t/10195838.stm
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 00:46   Link #7454
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Heh, it is ironic. This guy sure is good at making stuff up and forcing himself and others to believe it. He would have made a fine Nazi authority.
Lies are practical because they can help an individual's cause. Either to make it seem more appealing or more 'correct'. It's all propaganda and it's filth, I've no love for it.

c( >_< c) It's actually rather aggravating... But I guess some people are like that. So dutiful in their ways of making other people miserable just to prolong their own misery... It's depressing for sure.

Quote:
Israeli soldiers kill passengers of an international flotilla trying to get into Gaza.
... This may sound naive but... I actually expected better from the Israeli soldiers.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 01:15   Link #7455
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Well, they should have known what they are getting themselves when they decided to test Isreal's waters. (No pun intended)
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 01:42   Link #7456
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Well, they should have known what they are getting themselves when they decided to test Isreal's waters. (No pun intended)
Yep...

Sorry if I don't feel any sympathy.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 02:26   Link #7457
Kameruka
Hen-Tie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hen-Tie pen
I hate to ruin the fun but I just cannot let pro-Israel people have the fun.

If you agree of killing the activists and maybe you should think this. What if a Muslim country conquered a Jewish one(nevermind what are they) and locked all the remaining Jewish people in an open-air prison and those Muslims enjoyed seeing those poor Jews died slowly of starvation and dehydration. Of course other Jewish people try to save them but only those Muslims have a 'permit' to lock those Jews up from countless of politicians from around the world. The Jews that try to save the helpless ones are killed because they are entering the no-man's land.

Alfred was right. Some people just want to see the world burns. Maybe these pro-Israel people are not pro-Israel after all. They supported Israel because they are the 'stronger' side, killing the weaker one. Some people are actually enjoyed the other's suffering.

You can give many bad reputations as many as you want but I just don't care. If you do then I win because I was right.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 02:57   Link #7458
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I hate to ruin the fun but I just cannot let pro-Israel people have the fun.

If you agree of killing the activists and maybe you should think this. What if a Muslim country conquered a Jewish one(nevermind what are they) and locked all the remaining Jewish people in an open-air prison and those Muslims enjoyed seeing those poor Jews died slowly of starvation and dehydration. Of course other Jewish people try to save them but only those Muslims have a 'permit' to lock those Jews up from countless of politicians from around the world. The Jews that try to save the helpless ones are killed because they are entering the no-man's land.

Alfred was right. Some people just want to see the world burns. Maybe these pro-Israel people are not pro-Israel after all. They supported Israel because they are the 'stronger' side, killing the weaker one. Some people are actually enjoyed the other's suffering.

You can give many bad reputations as many as you want but I just don't care. If you do then I win because I was right.
Though I am not pro-Israeli, I find the way you think rather......simple-minded.

Study the Arab-Israel conflict. The Palestinians are funded by oil-giants, and the anti-US sentiment is started out due to the US supporting Israel in the Yom Kippur War.

Instead of negotiations, the Arabs opted for war against Israel in 1948. And till today, certain Arabian countries like Syria still supplied material to the Palestinians to "fight against the Jews".

The problem with the Palestinians is that they are fundamentally screwed up. They rely too much on oil and covert Arab support, and they are simply jealous at Israel's ability to sustain themselves despite being surrounded. Israel started out as a desert but was turned into a brimming metropolis, while Palestine just screw themselves up with internal conflicts between Fatah and Hamas.

It's their land now because the Arabs failed to defeat them. And instead of fighting them into the next century, why don't they do something about their own economy, buy some real ships instead of trying something stupid on a makeshift flotilla?

What Israel is specifically targeting are militants and terrorists. By mixing with them, these people are just courting suicide. So excuse me if I don't feel sympathy too. Similar to how a French-Jew idiot who stood up identifying himself as a Jew in the Entebbe raid and was shot, they asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
... This may sound naive but... I actually expected better from the Israeli soldiers.
P.S By the way, V.B.S.S teams have every right to execute lethal force on discretion upon supposed violence in the name of self-defence. It is common worldwide military doctrine and simple logic, because you CANNOT take chances against an enemy with capabilities you don't know.

Here's something Japanese otaku can learn from instead of irking themselves over women who ask for too much...

Spend Save Man Woman


Quote:
Far from being lauded as a virtue, China’s high savings rate has been blamed for the economic imbalances underlying the global financial crisis. The criticism being that the Chinese spend too little and rely too much on exporting to Western consumers.

The IMF and World Bank have long called for Beijing to ramp up social spending so its citizens will feel less need to save for a rainy day and instead consume more.

But in their intriguingly named paper, ‘A Sexually Unbalanced Model of Current Account Imbalances‘, New York-based researchers Du Qingyuan and Wei Shang-Jin suggest China’s gender imbalance could also be a significant factor in the persistence of its high savings rate.

The pair argue that intensifying competition in the Chinese marriage market is causing men — or indeed parents with sons — to raise their savings rates to improve their relative allure among a shrinking pool of potential brides.

A draconian one-child policy, coupled with a traditional preference for male offspring and the availability of selective-sex abortion, has left the country of 1.3 billion facing its most serious demographic crisis.

An estimated 119 boys are born per 100 girls and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences has warned that this could leave more than 24 million Chinese men of marrying age without spouses by 2020.

This anxiety over the worsening marriage prospects for men could explain why Chinese household savings as a share of disposable income has risen from 16 percent in 1990 to 30 percent in 2007.

According to Du and Wei’s theoretical model, China’s skewed gender demographics could potentially explain more than half of the country’s current account surplus and the U.S. current account deficit.

“When the sex ratio rises, the world interest rate becomes lower. Other countries with a balanced sex ratio could be induced to run a current account deficit…In other words, the effect is economically significant,” they write.

“Women hold up half the sky,” Mao Zedong famously said. Perhaps Tim Geithner should remember that the next time he goes to Beijing.
Gee, I learnt something.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-31 at 03:15.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 03:09   Link #7459
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
You can win arguments on the internet?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 03:13   Link #7460
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You can win arguments on the internet?
Technically, yes. If the person knows little and reads nothing. Like people who claim that Japanese schools teaching diluted history is a lie.

You win the argument by presenting proof or logic, but best if both are presented.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.