AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-12, 21:30   Link #21
jsieczkar

Mark Millar isn't one of my favorite writers but Kick-Ass is a great series. The scriptwriter and director are the same people that did the movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Stardust so that is really a big confidence boast for the film.
jsieczkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:04   Link #22
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:41   Link #23
Takusan
Look to the future!

Watch the redband trailer if anything.

We avoid risk in life, so we can make it safely to death..??
My blog about random things and such.
Takusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:57   Link #24
Circle

Saw this movie today. Wow, it's great. It's got the level of violence (involving kids) that I thought is only possible in anime. But then again, Hollywood didn't want to finance it. Movies like this gives me hope about Ender's Game which I always thought could never be a movie true to the book but could be a great anime true to the book.
Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:19   Link #25
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Suprising there wasn't more comments about this, I thought it was great.

And it has a loli ninja going around killing shitloads of people, how often do you see that in a western film?
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:18   Link #26
Circle

Ya, the ultra violence isn't that new but involve a 12 year old and it's like what Natalie Portman would've become in The Professional if she was more psyco. Like Kill Bill (part 1) + Taken + loli. Wonder how well it has sold in Japan... =]
Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:08   Link #27
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Just watched it and loved it, The epic hilarity throughout was the main draw for me. Though i thought that hit-girl was the main star of the film, Not kick-ass.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 23:27   Link #28
raile
<3
*Author

This was one great movie. I enjoyed everything--the characters, the plot, the action, etc.
Oh and it's weird how people nitpick on the loli-girl-using-foul-language but not much on the loli-girl-killing-people-brutally violence.
Old 2010-05-27, 23:33   Link #29
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

watched it a few week or so ago and found it entertaining. Lyndsey Fonseca is unbelievably pretty. i'm disappointed they used "Surface of the Sun" remixed as a song, its great to hear a guitar version of it.

by far the best scene is when Hit Girl goes and rescues Big Daddy and Kickass. two lines to be remembered in this movie:
"TAKE COVER, CHILD!"
"SWITCH TO KRYPTON-LIGHT!"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:58   Link #30
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

I just watched it online, and instantly i love it. The plot is great, the gun action is superb. And I just love that machine gun suit thing.......It is a worthy investment, 300000 dollars, if you have grudges with others lol. I kept repeating that scene when Kick Ass appeared out of the window and started shooting like crazy......the bgm is just so epic!!!

In fact I have been watching it over and over again........oh, and also the part that the fat guy came into the office and said " everything's under control". Then he picked up the rocket launcher XD. "Un..Under control?! You picking up the f_cking Basuka you dumb s?!?!" I couldnt stop laughing......

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 02:06   Link #31
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Just watched it and loved it, The epic hilarity throughout was the main draw for me. Though i thought that hit-girl was the main star of the film, Not kick-ass.
Agreed. Saw it in theaters and she upstaged kick-ass easily.

The love interest was mega hot too...
Old 2010-05-31, 16:34   Link #32
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
oh, and also the part that the fat guy came into the office and said " everything's under control". Then he picked up the rocket launcher XD. "Un..Under control?! You picking up the f_cking Basuka you dumb s?!?!" I couldnt stop laughing......
I thought it was funnier when Mclovin and his dad high fived and the dad said, "that was a weird sounding bazooka"
Old 2010-05-31, 22:41   Link #33
Animexcel

I saw it in theaters 3 times, loved it! They have not showed it in Japan yet, not sure why.

It's "Now switch to Kryptonite!!" referencing what weakens Superman; the strobe weakens the eyesight of the enemy.

Even though Hit-Girl does steal the show, she only had a few scenes throughout the movie til the end where she took over. But there are 3 or 4 Big Daddy and Hit-Girl scenes that were deleted from the movie according to the director, so there might be an extended cut if it's successful. Hopefully 90 million is a success :P
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 23:55   Link #34
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

U know, at first I thought this movie was going to stink bad but the moment Hit Girl appeared things took a turn for the better I still think the movie should have been called Hit girl but oh well .. that kid made a fan outta me!

Best Lolita with guns I've ever seen in a movie!

Funny to see Mclovin going dark side
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote