AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-28, 11:21   Link #61
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Manglobe, eh? Should have high enough production values. Looking more forward to it now that ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime is very compared to Hayate the Combat Butler because of...harem and bishounen protagonist !
But Hayate doesn't try an---wait, didn't we go through this before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Manglobe

Hope can see a quality like Samurai Champloo again for this series...
Action scene's in my kaminomi?
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 11:48   Link #62
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Naval Base
Manglobe? sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.
And I can't wait for the next issue of Shounen Sunday for more info.
__________________
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 12:08   Link #63
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Well i'm not specifically referring to the action part of Samurai Champloo...imo recent works of Manglobe weren't really attracting my attention despite of its good animation style. Certain aspects of series like Seiken no BS and Michiko to Hachin didn't seem to stand out well. I wish it would be as interesting as Samurai Champloo, where every aspect of the series is refined and toned well. Samurai Champloo is one of my favorite series made by Manglobe so far, and it is the only reason why i still have my faith on Manglobe.

In a way, Kaminomi is no different from series like Detective Conan (or probably Pokemon? ) and though the premise is about catching spirits and solve cases, but the true strength of Kaminomi is the characters on it, especially Keima. I don't give damn about the girls in Kaminomi, i just want Keima to be charismatic just like in the manga. I don't want Keima to end up being equal with the girls like Hayate in HnG. Because in Kaminomi, only Keima that matters

Let me put it this way

Keima = God
Other girls =/= God
Girl that surpasses and stand out more than Keima = defying the existence of God
Defying God = divine punishment
Divine punishment = bad series
Bad series = drop


Well lets just see how Manglobe will handle this...hope they won't fail down this series like Seiken no BS.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 17:33   Link #64
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Manglobe

Hope can see a quality like Samurai Champloo again for this series...
Well, maybe not "like", but "on a similar level to". I think the production crew they've already announced for it (director, character designer) suggest it won't be anything like Champloo in execution.

But yes, I am happy that we will in all likelihood get high production quality. Now for the cast...
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 04:26   Link #65
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Now for the cast...
One good thing about Shaft not getting this: No Hiroshi Kamiya.

I mean, he's a great actor, but he's rapidly approaching Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice, given that he's in absolutely everything in every season ever.

If Manglobe is competent at all, the only logical choice is Jun Fukuyama, at any rate.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 04:40   Link #66
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
One good thing about Shaft not getting this: No Hiroshi Kamiya.

I mean, he's a great actor, but he's rapidly approaching Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice, given that he's in absolutely everything in every season ever.

If Manglobe is competent at all, the only logical choice is Jun Fukuyama, at any rate.
Uh Jun is in just as many shows as Kamiya in the last few years if not more... he's in 3 shows airing right now and is voicing the lead in the next big Weekly Shonen Jump adaption in Nurarihyon no Mago. As well as the lead of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. Both shows starting next season and both running into Fall when this airs, and he's also having a minor role in Sekerei 2.

Speaking of Fall he's Letter Bee 2 and I'm sure the next Geass will start up than as well (lead probably won't be "lelouche" but i'm sure he's going to have a Fukuyama voice anyway...) and who knows what else he'll be in. Fukuyama is just as guilty as Kamiya when it comes to "Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice". Miyano's not only the better choice for the role he's also less used
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 03:41   Link #67
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I don't give damn about the girls in Kaminomi, i just want Keima to be charismatic just like in the manga.
What the? Say it ain't Sosa!!

Ignoring the girls is like, ignoring the whole premise about the story. In fact if it weren't for them, he wouldn't be the "krasmatic" person we all know him to be now. (If I recall prior to meeting El he was a loner with basically only one liners with zero charisma).

A series with just Keima would only be episodes of his daily escapades beating the newest game on the market. I think that'll suck

What I'm wondering about is how involved the manga-ka will be...
__________________

It's a wonderful view.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 04:05   Link #68
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh Jun is in just as many shows as Kamiya in the last few years if not more...
Kamiya has voiced the lead of practically every major Shaft production in the last three years, and every character he plays seems to have the tendency to NEVER SHUT UP.

Fukuyama may have just as many roles, but he's not nearly as prominent in most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Miyano's not only the better choice for the role he's also less used
Eh, I've actually never seen Death Note, which probably has something to do with how I'd prefer Fukuyama as Keima, I guess.

Really, this all just comes down to Lelouche vs Light...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 09:05   Link #69
Raiza Sunozaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I've been following this series for about a year or so now, so I'm psyched that it's finally getting an anime treatment. I love its "this could be a harem series but we'd rather just move onto the next girl" feel. The whole point is that it feels like how you clear one girl's path in a dating sim, and then move onto next one.

As for Manglobe, I'm not completely familiar with their work, the only other series I know from them is Sarai-ya Goyou. Still, I like that series, so I'm not disappointed by the studio choice.
At least Kaminomi isn't going to become another great manga series that becomes merely a passable anime out of SHAFT.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 09:22   Link #70
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cheesecake wonderland
Kamiyan is everywhere, it only makes sense considering he's one of the most popular fujoshi favourite seiyuu. The male seiyuu market isn't as saturated as its female counterpart, you're more likely to hear the same male seiyuus over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
he's not nearly as prominent in most of them
FukuJun tend to get side characters, while Kamiyan gets main lead. Kamiyan just voiced too much memorable/iconic/meme characters.

I'm rooting for FukuJun as Keima for the lolz factor (I loved Code Geass for the troll). FukuJun is a hardworking guy, he wouldn't turn out an offer (I think). For the female characters I'll prefer lesser known female seiyuus, it would give them enough screentime to show off their skills. Eroge seiyuus would be interesting...

This doesn't look like the hardest title to adapt into an anime, the hardest part would be timing the gags so that it would be effective (probably easier said then done).
__________________
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 10:30   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
FukuJun tend to get side characters, while Kamiyan gets main lead.
lolwut?

Lead roles I can think of for Fuku Jun from the last few years are...

Code Geass, Eve no Jikan, Spice & Wolf, Amatsuki, Akikan and Working... xxxholic ovas too and special A.

Kamiya has Angel Beats, Polyphonica and Natsume in addition to his shaft shows (bake, arakawa, SZS)

And next season FukuJun gets 2 more lead roles in Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Nurarihyon no Mago.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 14:22   Link #72
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Eh, I've actually never seen Death Note, which probably has something to do with how I'd prefer Fukuyama as Keima, I guess.

Really, this all just comes down to Lelouche vs Light...
You haven't seen Soul Eater? While the lulzworthy SRS(potato chip)BZNS of Death Note is definitely present for Keima, his voice and manner are almost exactly Death the Kidd... Who was voiced perfectly by Miyano. Easily the best part of that series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lolwut?

Lead roles I can think of for Fuku Jun from the last few years are...

Code Geass, Eve no Jikan, Spice & Wolf, Amatsuki, Akikan and Working... xxxholic ovas too and special A.

Kamiya has Angel Beats, Polyphonica and Natsume in addition to his shaft shows (bake, arakawa, SZS)

And next season FukuJun gets 2 more lead roles in Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Nurarihyon no Mago.
So they're both overused. Hence Miyano. ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:30   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Yeah Miyano is the voice for the job. I can pretty much hear him while reading the manga.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 17:11   Link #74
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Code Geass, Eve no Jikan, Spice & Wolf, Amatsuki, Akikan and Working... xxxholic ovas too and special A.
Fukuyama isn't nearly as loud and talkative in most of those roles as Kamiya is in his. Which is what I was getting at. But yeah, I'll admit that they're both overused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You haven't seen Soul Eater? While the lulzworthy SRS(potato chip)BZNS of Death Note is definitely present for Keima, his voice and manner are almost exactly Death the Kidd... Who was voiced perfectly by Miyano. Easily the best part of that series...
Yeah, actually, looking back, I can agree that Miyano would make a good Keima.

I'd still prefer Fukuyama, though.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 17:14   Link #75
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
yay glad others thinking Miyano would be great for the part, I always thought something akin to Death the Kidd would fit the part for Keima.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 17:35   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
yay glad others thinking Miyano would be great for the part, I always thought something akin to Death the Kidd would fit the part for Keima.
Yeah just take the serious side of Death the Kidd, and we have our voice for Keima. There's also plenty of room for those series facial expression voices thanks to Light from Death Note.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 23:46   Link #77
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
I'm going to be the complete outlier and say: Hagiwara Masato. Somehow, despite all expectations I think he'd be able to do it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 00:18   Link #78
Falkor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
I would say fukujun + this: (posted on the manga thread)

Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 00:21   Link #79
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Lol Kaiji...now that's one interesting bet there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What the? Say it ain't Sosa!!

Ignoring the girls is like, ignoring the whole premise about the story. In fact if it weren't for them, he wouldn't be the "krasmatic" person we all know him to be now. (If I recall prior to meeting El he was a loner with basically only one liners with zero charisma).

A series with just Keima would only be episodes of his daily escapades beating the newest game on the market. I think that'll suck

What I'm wondering about is how involved the manga-ka will be...
No not that i mean to that extent. In most harem series that i knew, its likely that females will get more attention than the male lead. You know this will happen when the anime starts airing and all the discussions focused on the females instead of the male lead that is supposed to be the main character in the series.

That's the sad fate that male lead always get in a harem series anyway...which is something i don't want to see in TWGOK.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 02:24   Link #80
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
No not that i mean to that extent. In most harem series that i knew, its likely that females will get more attention than the male lead. You know this will happen when the anime starts airing and all the discussions focused on the females instead of the male lead that is supposed to be the main character in the series.

That's the sad fate that male lead always get in a harem series anyway...which is something i don't want to see in TWGOK.
Ah I see what you mean, a perfectly valid reason. It's like, if this series has its own sub-forum, there'd be more topics about the girls than about Keima accomplishments

I think if they give at least some Keima monologue from time to time that would be interesting, let us dive into his mind every now and then, to elevate some focus from the girls

Ok well they have to, how else are they going to portray Keima's planning process in the manga
__________________

It's a wonderful view.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.