AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Gurren-Lagann Characters Poll (Multiple Choice)
Simon 204 52.31%
Kamina 227 58.21%
Yoko 186 47.69%
Nia 128 32.82%
Rossiu 23 5.90%
Boota 72 18.46%
Leeron 39 10.00%
Dayakka 10 2.56%
Kittan 81 20.77%
Kiyoh 10 2.56%
Kinon 15 3.85%
Kiyal 30 7.69%
Gimmy 15 3.85%
Darry 49 12.56%
Viral 164 42.05%
Thymilph 3 0.77%
Adiane 21 5.38%
Cytomander 4 1.03%
Guame 10 2.56%
Lord Genome 68 17.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-18, 11:48   Link #61
wing 00
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Simon was my favorite charicter it would have been komina but he died so its simon
__________________
my wings are the wings of both chaos and destiny for i am wingzero
wing 00 is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 22:34   Link #62
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A castle hidden somewhere on a desert island
Age: 24
I picked Viral. Rival characters are awesome, especially if their characters are well put together and likable, rather than always just being emo. I really liked how Viral, although a man made creation, (I think?) dreamt of having a family of his own. When he found out it was just a dream you could just symphonize with him.

Some honorable mentions are

Simon- The shy little guy who grows up to be a brave man who saves the universe? I loved his characterization and I could even relate to him at times.

Nia- Aside from being so dang cute, I absolutley loved how she was a character that helped Simon grow up, and not to mention her na´ve personality. It took me by surprise to find out she played a role of an antagonist during the timeskip, even if it was only temporarily. That's some great writing there! Did I mention she was cute? Yea? Okay.
Mayhem The Great is offline  
Old 2010-01-13, 03:31   Link #63
Onibubu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 24
No Attenborough? No Leite? No Bruce Ironstaunch? Aww.

But at least there's Boota!
Onibubu is offline  
Old 2010-06-05, 17:51   Link #64
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Yoko is not the winner? I'm dam suprised because what I always kept seeing from this series was always Yoko. Be it fan art, video, wllpaper or favorite character...
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-06-06, 20:49   Link #65
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yoko is not the winner? I'm dam suprised because what I always kept seeing from this series was always Yoko. Be it fan art, video, wllpaper or favorite character...
Hell no. Kamina is GAR. Yoko doesn't really have much of a role after he dies.
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-10, 07:24   Link #66
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yoko is not the winner? I'm dam suprised because what I always kept seeing from this series was always Yoko. Be it fan art, video, wllpaper or favorite character...
Yoko is the TTGL mascot. That's a far cry from being the main character, which was always Simon. That is indisputable.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2010-06-10, 20:47   Link #67
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yoko is the TTGL mascot. That's a far cry from being the main character, which was always Simon. That is indisputable.
I agree. She doesn't really show up that much after Kamina dies.

My Top 3:
1. Kamina
2. Simon
3. Kittan
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-14, 12:17   Link #68
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Yet everything is overloaded with her...
Though Kamina is not that great either... he was way too dumb for most of the time =/
No wonder he died so early.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-06-15, 17:40   Link #69
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yet everything is overloaded with her...
Though Kamina is not that great either... he was way too dumb for most of the time =/
No wonder he died so early.
He wasn't necessarily dumb. He said it himself, "Great men open the paths of battle." If he didn't charge in first to lead the way and act like he had no fear, who would follow him. He was genuinely a leader.
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-15, 18:20   Link #70
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
At some point it is true, but there still has to be a limit.

Actually show started to look kinda better after he had died... at least there was more logic put into battles instead of simple "GAARRR! I won't run even though you are already turning me into pancace".

There is nothing bad in re-treating sometimes.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-06-15, 22:56   Link #71
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
At some point it is true, but there still has to be a limit.

Actually show started to look kinda better after he had died... at least there was more logic put into battles instead of simple "GAARRR! I won't run even though you are already turning me into pancace".

There is nothing bad in re-treating sometimes.
well, that was kind of the reason he died. it showed you his super GAR was not enough, and he died. (going out like a total bamf)
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-16, 13:32   Link #72
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Well I guess that's one of the pluses in series.
In other shows characters like this keep winning all the time... take same Ichigo from Bleach.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-06-16, 18:50   Link #73
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Bleach can't even compare to TTGL. Bleach, IMO, is trash. It was pretty good in the beginning, but became just a bunch of fillers.
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 10:45   Link #74
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I really can't call Tengen Toppa something epic... but as series progressed it did over jump Bleach.
At first I planned to drop this series...
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 19:16   Link #75
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really can't call Tengen Toppa something epic... but as series progressed it did over jump Bleach.
At first I planned to drop this series...
Lol. I wanted to see the GAR space captain from the intro of the first episode. I couldn't drop the series. I knew it was going somewhere good
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 08:49   Link #76
Auron Requies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I wouldn't call something like Bleach 'trash' but it's a pure 'shounen' category/genre story, so it's like a rollercoaster, having it's ups and downs

But TTGL, now THIS is a REAL rollercoaster. Though I will agree, that Bleach can't compare to this epic franchise.

And the poll, I'm satisfied with the results. I knew Kamina would be the highest, but Simon is also close as well, especially with the depth he's gone through. Love all the Team Dai gurren characters, even the secondary ones :]
Auron Requies is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 16:55   Link #77
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
I wouldn't call something like Bleach 'trash' but it's a pure 'shounen' category/genre story, so it's like a rollercoaster, having it's ups and downs

But TTGL, now THIS is a REAL rollercoaster. Though I will agree, that Bleach can't compare to this epic franchise.

And the poll, I'm satisfied with the results. I knew Kamina would be the highest, but Simon is also close as well, especially with the depth he's gone through. Love all the Team Dai gurren characters, even the secondary ones :]
I said that I really liked the beginning of bleach. It was pretty good, I mist say. After he rescues Rukia, it went straight downhill.

And I am as well. Kamina in first, Simon in second. I couldn't ask for better
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-07-01, 03:31   Link #78
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
glad to see Kamina is still leading here.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline  
Old 2010-07-02, 17:05   Link #79
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
glad to see Kamina is still leading here.
Damn straight.
__________________
darkdarkdark is offline  
Old 2010-07-04, 13:21   Link #80
MoonWolf
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: US
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to MoonWolf
kamina and simon FTW XD
__________________
MoonWolf is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.