AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-10, 18:38   Link #101
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Now there's an update about SS2 in the main site.
http://www.project-index.net/

There's also a significant notice about SS1 rerun.
They will start 1 hour airing every saturdays from 17 Jul to 2 Oct(yep 2 Eps per week). And that's mean it will end at the start of Fall season which is a good sign for SS2 coming this fall.
Awesome news. Airing the first season again will hopefully generate hype and increase the size of the fanbase.

Crosses fingers for airing of second season during fall.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 19:45   Link #102
AnimeFreak9798
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Now there's an update about SS2 in the main site.
http://www.project-index.net/

There's also a significant notice about SS1 rerun.
They will start 1 hour airing every saturdays from 17 Jul to 2 Oct(yep 2 Eps per week). And that's mean it will end at the start of Fall season which is a good sign for SS2 coming this fall.
Really? Maybe I should start following it, so I can atleast keep my Index hunger down :P
AnimeFreak9798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:09   Link #103
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Come to think of it, that line fits the mouth flaps for the English dub of To Aru Majutsu no Index without making it too literal. IIRC, that because anime dubbing is ADR recording, they aren't able to keep the word to word translation, but they do at least try to make a few changes in the script to not only match the mouth flaps, but still keep the original content or main idea in the scene (as well as making the dub just as enjoyable as the Japanese soundtrack).

I was also thinking, "Bad luck," "Crappy luck," "Craptastic luck," "Bad day," as other alternatives to Touma's "Such misfortune" without making it overly literal.

I think the Index series have potential to be licensed and dubbed. In fact, maybe a higher of seeing the Index series dubbed than Hayate the Combat Butler.

Anyways, if anyone wants to see my dub cast idea for the Index series, check out this post.
Now that I think about it, the chances of Index being dubbed over here without being seriously gutted is slim because of the heavy christian religious references in it. You know how butthurt some people over here get about their christianity religion.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:13   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Now that I think about it, the chances of Index being dubbed over here without being seriously gutted is slim because of the heavy christian religious references in it. You know how butthurt some people over here get about their christianity religion.
It's not that bad for season one- Maybe except that one part where Index explain why there are many different churches even though they all pray to the same God. But in season two, the Rome Catholic Church is set out to be the bad guys...

Then again, it's not the first time- Fiction or otherwise.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-06-10 at 22:31.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:28   Link #105
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Awesome news. Airing the first season again will hopefully generate hype and increase the size of the fanbase.
Fufu, well, if the DVD sells for Majutsu ends up beating Railgun, then we can say it succeeded...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 22:37   Link #106
Dark Paladin X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not that bad for season one- Maybe except that one part where Index explain why there are many different churches even though they all pray to the same God. But in Second two, the Rome Catholic Church is set out to be the bad guys...

Then again, it's not the first time- Fiction or otherwise.
Yeah, considering that Neon Genesis Evangelion have a lot of Christian references in it (MUCH more than the Index series). The series got licensed, dubbed, and remains one of the most popular and well-known anime classics.

But hey, even if some Christians might or might not like the NGE or Index series, at least doesn't stop the licensors from picking it up and dub the series. I think Pope Benedict XVI might appreciate the influence of Christianity in Japan and how they reference their religion in their pop culture.

But in turn, the Index series isn't that polarizing or controversial in the start that would prevent a U.S. distributor from picking up the series. School Days, on the other hand... (Nice Boat).
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 05:00   Link #107
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 05:11   Link #108
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
Well, I guess that's that... 15 more weeks to go.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 05:39   Link #109
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
excellent. i just finished watching the first season a few minutes ago and i want to see all the goodies i've heard about in the light novels animated
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:10   Link #110
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
HELL YES


Now the only problem is waiting and while waiting I hope I don't fail my design V and building tech I
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:34   Link #111
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
HELL YES, VICTORY!


Awesome news. Glad we will be able to watch season 2 this year.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 08:22   Link #112
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I call copyright infringement.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 08:55   Link #113
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
Screw your big red yeahs gentlemen, I'm calling out The Who's loud and overly long YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH complete with Horatio Caine and his glasses for this.

I heard the news a while back as well, and so it seems I'm going to enjoy both the Summer and Fall series.

But damn that was quick indeed, going for Fall instead of what we first thought was Winter.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 09:19   Link #114
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
well I initially thought it would be fall but confirmation are still confirmation. It's still better to here it where it counts.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 09:24   Link #115
charles88
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I have 1 thing to say:

OH HELLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:08   Link #116
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Now that I think about it, the chances of Index being dubbed over here without being seriously gutted is slim because of the heavy christian religious references in it. You know how butthurt some people over here get about their christianity religion.
I seriously doubt it'll raise any issues nor would they care for a niche series like this.
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:41   Link #117
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Yeah, considering that Neon Genesis Evangelion have a lot of Christian references in it (MUCH more than the Index series). The series got licensed, dubbed, and remains one of the most popular and well-known anime classics.

But hey, even if some Christians might or might not like the NGE or Index series, at least doesn't stop the licensors from picking it up and dub the series. I think Pope Benedict XVI might appreciate the influence of Christianity in Japan and how they reference their religion in their pop culture.

But in turn, the Index series isn't that polarizing or controversial in the start that would prevent a U.S. distributor from picking up the series. School Days, on the other hand... (Nice Boat).
But NGE doesn't set up actual, real life religious establishments as corrupted evil entities, nor does it have a war between science and religion as the main plot for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I seriously doubt it'll raise any issues nor would they care for a niche series like this.
This series is actually pretty popular in Japan and if they managed to get it onto an American channel I could see it becoming popular over here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Yeap Index 2 is confirmed to be aired on Fall

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5449.html
Awesome, can't wait until October. Hope we get Railgun S2 next fall as well.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:28   Link #118
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Awesome, can't wait until October. Hope we get Railgun S2 next fall as well.
It would be awesome if J.C. Staff could alternate seasons of To Aru Majutsu No Index, and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:42   Link #119
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
that would only require more episodes and less time for each.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 16:17   Link #120
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that would only require more episodes and less time for each.
And that is why I said could and not should.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.