AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-18, 22:38   Link #1561
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
Date, my man!! We need a date!!!

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-06-18, 23:46   Link #1562
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
So this is your first Figma?
My first and only figma. I doubt I'd have the budget to buy another one... That figma cost twice as much as a big figure, (forgot the size, threw away the box) and six nendoroids.

Besides, I'm buying K-On figures now. ^^ (forgive my disloyalty, O-Haruhi-sama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Date, my man!! We need a date!!!
Seconded!
Old 2010-06-19, 01:03   Link #1563
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
My first and only figma. I doubt I'd have the budget to buy another one...
No kidding. I pre-ordered my first figma a few months ago and I got it only recently. Once it was in stock Archonia decided to add another €25 to the price tag (fortunately I didn't have to pay those).
Old 2010-06-19, 09:18   Link #1564
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
No kidding. I pre-ordered my first figma a few months ago and I got it only recently. Once it was in stock Archonia decided to add another €25 to the price tag (fortunately I didn't have to pay those).
O.O
€25 is a lot... Why are figmas worth that much?

Then again, I can't really relate, because I buy from stores/conventions in my country. My parents don't allow online shopping. =.=
Old 2010-06-19, 10:34   Link #1565
Mungo0

Quote:
Which one was that? Bloody expensive. Although I'm thankful to them for having Yuki in stock.

Quote:
O.O

Then again, I can't really relate, because I buy from stores/conventions in my country. My parents don't allow online shopping. =.=
Because they're popular? Apparently the figma of Koizumi is expensive because stocks are so low right now (I can't see why Koizumi in particular, but that's just me) and people are paying well over the odds not me because I ordered it for a reasonable price, same for Kyon

One thing that slightly confuses me is how PVC statues are equal in price to figmas. Well, that was the case for me with Alter Haruhi - it was the same price as the Kyon Figma. Naturally to say, I got them both. They may have been from an auction though...

And when I finish my Haruhi collection (I need a Witch Yuki figma, or is there an Alter version?) I'll start on K-ON! Like I've said, a lot of people seem to enjoy both Haruhi and K-ON! They're quite similar in their themes, and the fact that they're both done by the same company doesn't hurt their popularity at all either.
Old 2010-06-19, 12:08   Link #1566
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
O.O

Mmm, that would be why there so much. Usually alot cheaper if you get them from, say Hobby search. Even after shipping their usually still cheaper then full PVC ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
One thing that slightly confuses me is how PVC statues are equal in price to figmas. Well, that was the case for me with Alter Haruhi - it was the same price as the Kyon Figma. Naturally to say, I got them both. They may have been from an auction though...

And when I finish my Haruhi collection (I need a Witch Yuki figma, or is there an Alter version?) I'll start on K-ON! Like I've said, a lot of people seem to enjoy both Haruhi and K-ON! They're quite similar in their themes, and the fact that they're both done by the same company doesn't hurt their popularity at all either.

And its pretty funny you happened to mention those two. As they wre my first Figure and Figma. :3

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-06-19, 13:05   Link #1567
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Which one was that? Bloody expensive.
Marisa Kirisame. When I pre-ordered it it was 49,95 plus delivery; once it was released... well, you can see for yourself.

Speaking of Archonia, I'm confused by their Boredem hardcover page.
Old 2010-06-19, 13:35   Link #1568
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
And its pretty funny you happened to mention those two. As they wre my first Figure and Figma. :3
They're on the way to my house right now. The shipping costs for Kyon + Itsuki plus Alter Haruhi though... *whistles*

Quote:
Marisa Kirisame. When I pre-ordered it it was 49,95 plus delivery; once it was released... well, you can see for yourself.

Speaking of Archonia, I'm confused by their Boredem hardcover page.
Sounds like price gouging to me. I haven't heard of that, so I don't know whether it's because the anime (If there is one that is) is popular.

As for that webpage, what part is confusing you?
Old 2010-06-19, 16:05   Link #1569
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Sounds like price gouging to me. I haven't heard of that, so I don't know whether it's because the anime (If there is one that is) is popular.

As for that webpage, what part is confusing you?
I take it you never heard of Touhou.

Anyway, the bit that's confusing me is they set the release date as the end of July while every other source lists it as the start of July, coinciding with the paperback's release.

Also, I only just now noticed this but not only that figma, but nigh on everything else has become more expensive as well.
Old 2010-06-20, 10:57   Link #1570
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Here's a little reminder image of the upcoming items.

I don't track figures very much and I did forget to put in the manga released on October 26th in North America, but this is our upcoming items list. If there are any big figure releases or figma releases, let me know and I'll edit the image accordingly.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-06-20, 12:03   Link #1571
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes but...will we ever make it out of August 2010?
Old 2010-06-20, 17:25   Link #1572
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Here's a little reminder image of the upcoming items.

I don't track figures very much and I did forget to put in the manga released on October 26th in North America, but this is our upcoming items list. If there are any big figure releases or figma releases, let me know and I'll edit the image accordingly.
FWIW, the Boredom novel is already out. Mine shipped from bookdepository.co.uk on Thursday or Friday. (I think this was mentioned elsewhere, too.)
Old 2010-06-21, 04:33   Link #1573
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
FWIW, the Boredom novel is already out. Mine shipped from bookdepository.co.uk on Thursday or Friday. (I think this was mentioned elsewhere, too.)
I take it that's the paperback version and that they somehow released it ahead of schedule.
Old 2010-06-21, 10:38   Link #1574
Mungo0

Quote:
I take it that's the paperback version and that they somehow released it ahead of schedule.
No, actually. I'm looking at Amazon (USA version) for the hardcover version right now and while it states that the release date is the first of July, there's an option to get it by the 22nd of June if you opt for the One Day shipping option.

I mean... whut? Seems there may have been a teeny mistake by Amazon there.

Don't believe me? Here you go.

As for figma/figures, this is purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a set of figmas made off the Haruhi movie. Most likely would be Kyon and Yuki, but I suspect (Again, speculation) that there would be a figma of Haruhi and Itsuki in their school uniform. Maybe even Haruhi in sports attire.

But then, there hasn't been anything announced, so don't get your hopes up.
Old 2010-06-21, 10:46   Link #1575
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Well, okay. Since you asked so nicely.

Spoiler for bandwidth heavy:

Spoiler for EXTREMELY BANDWIDTH HEAVY- A look at the contents of the DVDs. Seriously, bandwidth heavy.:
oh wow japanese dvds....
Old 2010-06-21, 11:07   Link #1576
Rungelunge

Haruhi's Disappearance BD has dissappeared from Amazon.
Old 2010-06-21, 11:13   Link #1577
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
oh wow japanese dvds....
Indeedy. I ordered them from a proxy service in Japan, along with some Japan exclusive posters. That set cost 32,500 yen. As I assume you're in the USA, that works out to $350ish, and shipping cost me 3000 yen which is around $33

Personally I felt it was worth it, since I got a binder and 8 postcards. No English subtitles, but that hardly detracts from the appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
Haruhi's Disappearance BD has dissappeared from Amazon.
Hm, that doesn't exactly surprise me. I think someone here mentioned that Amazon has a history of putting up items with a made up date. It seems that this is yet another example right here.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:33   Link #1578
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Dunno, I did a pre-order on Wednesday and then the notice that the book was released only a day or two later. It is the paperback version, but I'm also seeing people enter the hardcover into the LibraryThing catalogues, which generally indicates they have it in hand. (Probably from Amazon - I do not use Amazon unless it's the only place with a book, which is quite rare. Besides, I got free shipping from bookdepository.co.uk even though Boredom was the only book I ordered )

It's not uncommon for books to hit the shelves before their official release date - Sigh was also out before it was listed as being available.
Old 2010-06-21, 16:03   Link #1579
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Dunno, I did a pre-order on Wednesday and then the notice that the book was released only a day or two later. It is the paperback version, but I'm also seeing people enter the hardcover into the LibraryThing catalogues, which generally indicates they have it in hand. (Probably from Amazon - I do not use Amazon unless it's the only place with a book, which is quite rare. Besides, I got free shipping from bookdepository.co.uk even though Boredom was the only book I ordered )

It's not uncommon for books to hit the shelves before their official release date - Sigh was also out before it was listed as being available.
Yeah, I listed the "official" release date for the novels, even though they'll be available before then since they did have release dates. I'll probably re-do the image with new dates and items. I got my copies of the novel today and shall be reading tonight.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-06-21, 19:35   Link #1580
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
No, the hardcover has shipped already. I believe Amazon released it on the 15th, or 16th. As i received my copy on the 18th.

Closed Thread