AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-20, 01:40   Link #21
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
I watched the first season of Major. I really liked the first few "prequel" episodes, but everything following felt a little like standard shounen fare. Does the show actually change considerably after that first season?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2010-06-20, 01:43   Link #22
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I watched the first season of Major. I really liked the first few "prequel" episodes, but everything following felt a little like standard shounen fare. Does the show actually change considerably after that first season?
At least for the next two season - NO

Major/HnI = Shounen tropes galore

But you can try watch the movies if you like dramas like on that few episode
Old 2010-06-20, 01:59   Link #23
Qwey

Quote:
Unless you consider him progressively upgrading his fastball to a gyroball (pretty much just a wicked fast fastball with a ton of slice), he doesn't learn a new pitch that he can use as he pleases until the middle of season 5.

That said, even considering all of the major shounen tropes Major falls into, I thought it was a very enjoyable show. There are some parts I skip now that I've seen it once, but its probably one of the few longer running shows that I didn't have to fast forward any of the episodes.
Old 2010-06-20, 11:28   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yes and no. The show changes in that Goro changes - we're following him from 5 years old through the Major Leagues, after all, so there's a time skip between every season. Every aspect of a young player's journey in the game is examined - from Little League to Middle School, HS, the World Cup, Minor Leagues and finally "Major". Fundamentally the show is always about Goro, though - this is unequivocally his story and in that sense the center of the story never shifts.

What I've found, though, is that the last couple of seasons have had more of a melancholy (and perhaps this less "shounen") feel, in that they've dealt more with Goro's growing realization that his massive talent isn't always going to be enough. Life is full of painful struggle and self-doubt, even for him, and that's been a larger focus these last two seasons.
Old 2010-06-21, 20:20   Link #25
mytwin.45s

Hey guys let's stay on topic here.
Old 2010-06-22, 01:07   Link #26
gonzo562

give capeta a try. Its about cart racing.

Its similar to hajime no ippo and overdrive in music and the underdog tone.

Give the first few episodes of capeta a try. Theirs a 4 year leap after the first few episodes. So at least watch a few episodes after the time leap and see if ya like it
Closed Thread