AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-20, 23:40   Link #141
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Manga readers setting their expectations high for the anime series... I smell a recipe for

a) disaster
b) endless comparisons about how they animated panel a before panel b.

This doesn't look good.
Proto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 05:51   Link #142
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Some low quality photos of the PV and credit.
Your links are broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
This doesn't look good.
So according to you we shouldn't bother getting excited, because we'll just be disappointed and flood the topic with pointless complaints? You're saying that no matter what, there's no way it could possibly live up to our expectations, so we manga readers should just go away and not even bother watching a production that many of us have been looking forward to for some time now?

I... I really have no words to describe how angry you've just made me.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 05:59   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Oh my Hayato Matsuo doing the score for this. That's so perfect it's untrue.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 06:44   Link #144
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So according to you we shouldn't bother getting excited, because we'll just be disappointed and flood the topic with pointless complaints? You're saying that no matter what, there's no way it could possibly live up to our expectations, so we manga readers should just go away and not even bother watching a production that many of us have been looking forward to for some time now?

I... I really have no words to describe how angry you've just made me.
No he juz said that ppl shouldn't put their hope too much...

There's no indication at all about Manglobe being a "faithful to a manga" studio when adapting an anime from a manga. Manglobe may be like any other studio, cuts all the fillers and certain scenes, cram each arc in 1 episode only, doing 13 episodes instead of 26 which most people thought as the most reasonable number of episode to reach Tenri arc (imo 13 eps are enough to reach Tenri's arc) or even worst, putting a full stop to the series by creating their own original ending, denying any possibility for 2nd season to come out. Though i may be sad if the said above becomes true, but i won't be surprised at all, coz that's how most studios in Japan always do for their adaptation anime.

Don't get me wrong for what i said above, i too wish the same like what you all hoped, but sadly, things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 07:54   Link #145
Raiza Sunozaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I'm with Kaisos here. Why should we not be optimistic, hope that a manga we all enjoy very much will faithfully be turned into an equally (or more) enjoyable anime? Have some faith that not all of Japan's anime studios have fallen to money-making anime and instead, actually care for the quality of the anime they put out.
We're fully aware of the fact that this anime could either be bloody brilliant or fucking terrible, as is with all anime. But we're hoping for the best, because we want the best. We want this great series to be a great anime.
So let us be excited and hope for the best. If it fails, we'll accept that. But until that happens, let us hope.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 08:25   Link #146
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
So let us be excited and hope for the best. If it fails, we'll accept that. But until that happens, let us hope.
He didn't tell you to stop hoping. He's just worrying about the afterward. I'd love it if people actually think "If it fails, we'll accept that", but no, most of the time you will get the bitching, especially from the manga/novel reader toward the adaption.
I guess you haven't been here long enough.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 08:41   Link #147
Raiza Sunozaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
He didn't tell you to stop hoping. He's just worrying about the afterward. I'd love it if people actually think "If it fails, we'll accept that", but no, most of the time you will get the bitching, especially from the manga/novel reader toward the adaption.
I guess you haven't been here long enough.
No, first we get someone saying that it's not good that people are setting high expectations for this anime, and then we are getting someone who say it's likely that this won't go the way we hope, which is similar to saying: "expect the worst, so that you won't be disappointed."
And I hate that concept. Life is full of disappointments, so just take them and roll with them. Hope, so that when life is good, you are happy, and when life is shit, you should just accept that.
Personally, I live by that, but I accept that other people will whine and bitch about how it's not fair or just shit that things turned out this. And while that annoys me, what annoys me even more is when people say that things aren't likely going to turn out the way you want, so you shouldn't be so excited or hopeful. I'll be as excited and hopeful as I want, thank you very much, so please don't tell me otherwise.
But yes, I haven't been here that long.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 09:15   Link #148
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
I... I really have no words to describe how angry you've just made me.
Oh no, you are free to enjoy and raise your expectations as high as you deem appropriate. I was just mentioning that this a pattern that I've seen countless times before. And worst of all, this usually results in the manga readers destroying the enjoyment of the anime watchers. Just look at the Umineko forum. Heck, just look at this thread. An anime watcher cannot enter here without getting spoiler all over.

But anyway, I disgress, maybe a miracle will happen and this time around the manga readers will keep the anime comparisons to the manga thread when the anime airs...
Proto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 09:57   Link #149
ImAKami
......
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great White North
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Your links are broken.
Thanks. It seems the site doesn't allow inline linking.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh my Hayato Matsuo doing the score for this. That's so perfect it's untrue.
You can double check and look at the credits :P

Also, did anyone get their hands on a PV yet?
__________________

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-06-21 at 10:23.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 12:10   Link #150
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
No, first we get someone saying that it's not good that people are setting high expectations for this anime, and then we are getting someone who say it's likely that this won't go the way we hope, which is similar to saying: "expect the worst, so that you won't be disappointed."
And I hate that concept. Life is full of disappointments, so just take them and roll with them. Hope, so that when life is good, you are happy, and when life is shit, you should just accept that.
Look. I don't know where did you pull out that "expect the worst, so that you won't be disappointed" from his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Manga readers setting their expectations high for the anime series... I smell a recipe for

a) disaster
b) endless comparisons about how they animated panel a before panel b.

This doesn't look good.
All he said it thing doesn't look good, and by that he means how manga reader sets their expectation so high, and when the anime doesn't meet their expectation, they come and whine, whine, and whine until people are so fed up that it ruin the enjoyment of the anime watchers, which has been a pattern here for a while.
Of course it's one of my favorite series, so I can't hold my excitement, but obviously I can't stop worrying that manga reader expect so high in this anime, and they're going to ruin it all for me. I'd be happy if you're not one of them, though.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 15:30   Link #151
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
All he said it thing doesn't look good, and by that he means how manga reader sets their expectation so high, and when the anime doesn't meet their expectation, they come and whine, whine, and whine until people are so fed up that it ruin the enjoyment of the anime watchers, which has been a pattern here for a while.
The anime watchers could read the source material. That's one solution.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 16:34   Link #152
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Look. I don't know where did you pull out that "expect the worst, so that you won't be disappointed" from his post.
S/He got it from here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Don't get me wrong for what i said above, i too wish the same like what you all hoped, but sadly, things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
All he said it thing doesn't look good, and by that he means how manga reader sets their expectation so high, and when the anime doesn't meet their expectation, they come and whine, whine, and whine until people are so fed up that it ruin the enjoyment of the anime watchers, which has been a pattern here for a while.
Unfortunately this is true on both accounts, but as a manga reader I still hope for a faithful or at least decent adaptation. Failing that, I'll keep my whining to myself

But seriously, even if it isn't a very good adaptation but manages to be a good story, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The anime watchers could read the source material. That's one solution.
Some people who like anime don't like manga or don't have access to it. Although I think you were joking, its still unfair to expect someone to read the source material when they are perfectly hppy watching the anime.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 02:35   Link #153
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Doesn't matter if it's not faithful to the source as long as it's good. I've enjoyed lots of animes that aren't faithful to the manga anyway.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:02   Link #154
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Some people who like anime don't like manga or don't have access to it.
See. There's this thing. It's called the Internet. Perhaps you've heard of it?

I can understand people not wanting to 'spoil themselves' or whatever, but when the source material is so readily available, you have to expect the majority of viewers to already be familiar with it.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:03   Link #155
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The anime watchers could read the source material. That's one solution.
Yes they could but they should've have to because half the people in the thread are whining their ass off. It's not even an option for 99% of anime shows based on light novels so just because this is a manga that is scanned doesn't excuse that behavior.

I hate what Madhouse did with Claymore (hurts more because of how good an adaption it was up to that stage), I loathe DEEN for what they did to Umineko and I'm worried about them handling Mago next season but I felt stuff like Kannagi and Sora no Otoshimono were very well done adaptions. Yet you still see several people complaining about the changes throughout even though they kept in the spirit of the manga and even improved a few things.

It seems a lot of people wouldn't be happy unless things are a 1:1 adaption.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:09   Link #156
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*snip*
You could also add the complainers to your ignore list. That's yet another solution!

It's easier to change yourself than it is to change others. No amount of complaining about the complainers is going to make them go away, so I think it's better if you guys just accept that yes, "endless comparisons about how they animated panel a before panel b" are going to happen, just like how we manga readers should accept that "things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped".

Don't you think?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:10   Link #157
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You could also add the complainers to your ignore list. That's yet another solution!
How about when you complain you type in notepad instead, that's a good solution too yeah!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:33   Link #158
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You could also add the complainers to your ignore list. That's yet another solution!

It's easier to change yourself than it is to change others. No amount of complaining about the complainers is going to make them go away, so I think it's better if you guys just accept that yes, "endless comparisons about how they animated panel a before panel b" are going to happen, just like how we manga readers should accept that "things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped".

Don't you think?
Then I'll see nothing but "ignored posts".
Don't worry, already do that, but that doesn't help either. There must be a reason that a lot of adaption anime thread got "cleaned" by the mod, don't you think?

I'm not complaining about the spoilers, though. I'm talking about whiners. When I couldn't have a proper discussion, but all I did was trying to defend the show, then pretty much I should have the right to be pissed off, right?

Now if you people actually do the
Quote:
we manga readers should accept that "things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped"
instead of whining, then I'll happily shut myself up about this.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 09:18   Link #159
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
It's easier to change yourself than it is to change others. No amount of complaining about the complainers is going to make them go away, so I think it's better if you guys just accept that yes, "endless comparisons about how they animated panel a before panel b" are going to happen, just like how we manga readers should accept that "things aren't always going in the way like what we hoped".
One can raise awareness so that later you can raise a motion to ban manga-anime comparison from the anime thread as an official rule.
Proto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 11:05   Link #160
Raiza Sunozaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
One can raise awareness so that later you can raise a motion to ban manga-anime comparison from the anime thread as an official rule.
That is absurd. If you ban something that some people enjoy doing/want to do very much, they'll only try harder to do it. People have a right to argue and disagree; it protects our individuality and personal opinions. True, it can become bothersome and annoying for other people, but that's the price you pay to be a part of a society.
You are free to dislike how some people act, but please don't try to force them to stop their ways, especially when there is no harm done to you because of it, only irritation.
If we are lucky and Kaminomi becomes a multi-thread forum, like the Big Three or Umineko, then perhaps we could raise a motion to create a seperate thread for manga-anime comparisons, so that there's a place for these arguements to take place without annoying people such as yourself.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.