AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 05:54   Link #101
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0hFBMV8QXc
Fuck Yeah
Old 2010-05-20, 06:10   Link #102
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
That was awesome. Buying this game day one. Great to see Mai's, K's and Vice back in action. Really liking the new gameplay elements I saw as well. Hopefully the netcode for the console version is much better than KOF XII.
Old 2010-05-20, 07:04   Link #103
videoman190

Neomax showcase!
Starring Andy, Terry Joe

And terry's combo!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 11:28   Link #104
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Summer release hopefully??
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 07:16   Link #105
Nayim

Cutscene:

TWO ASH?
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 09:58   Link #106
videoman190

Here's the latest bolg entry!

Quote:
Latest blog entry translation by sonic Tempest

Hello, it's Yuzuko.

With the revealing of the K' team's last member, Kula, all the playable characters have finally shown up.
Well then, we continue the team introduction series of posts which started on 4/28 with the Garou team (Terry/Andy/Joe). Those who use them should surely pay close attention! As usual, to get information on the characters' abilities, I talked to the game design director, Mr Yamamoto and the game art director, Mr Yamaguchi.

Q: Jumping right in, what new moves has Terry gained since KOF XII? His DM 'Buster Wolf' is one of them isn't it?
Yamamoto: Yes. Buster Wolf is a high speed charging attack. It goes without saying, but it's the fastest move Terry has in his repertoire. Because the startup is fast, you can use it to interrupt strings of attacks. It's also useful in combos.

Q: There's an EX version too, right? How does it change?
Yamamoto: Of course, there's an EX version. The invincibility on the EX version is longer, allowing you to beat the opponent's attacks even if you do it early.
Yamaguchi: In addition the EX version has a different animation from the normal version. When the EX version hits, the animation is similar to the Garou MOW version in that he retreats slightly when blasting the opponent. We've also increased the hitpause when the attack connects, for both the normal and the EX versions. Please do try it out if you get the opportunity.

Q: What's his NEOMAX DM like?
Yamamoto: The name of the move is 'Trinity Geyser.' It's a tremendously powered-up version of his Power Geyser where he creates several Power Geysers on screen at once.
Yamaguchi: You would have seen this at the recent location tests, but we changed the 'impact' of the startup portion of this move. When he raises his hands above his head, you can see blue energy effects gathering near them. In addition, we've made the animation of the attack a bit slower than it was before. We also changed the fire effect that shows up when he strikes the ground, making it clearer. It looks basically like a series of Power Waves (from Fatal Fury 1) that are appearing and disappearing one after the other. I've always thought it'd be nice for Terry to have a move like this, so it's a deep emotional moment for me.

<video of Terry NeoMAX>

Q: A lot of people used Terry during the location tests, so it seems like he's the main pick for a lot of players out there. How would you suggest he should be played?
Yamamoto: It might seem difficult to use drive cancels with Terry, but in fact the landing frames of his Burn Knuckle can be drive cancelled out of, so you can cancel out of that move to start a combo. I think you'll be able to combo fairly easily from there.

<video of Terry drive cancel combo>

Q: What sorts of moves has Andy gained from KOF XII?
Yamamoto: He's gained his 'Geki Hishouken' DM. It's a move with no obvious frontal weaknesses where he gathers an energy vortex in front of him and shoots it forward. You can do things like super cancel it off a connected Zan'eiken.
In addition, since Andy has the 'breaking' capability from Garou MOW on his Kuuhadan, he's very user-friendly and has a lot of practical combos.

Q: Anything special about his EX moves or DMs?
Yamaguchi: It's a little boring, but EX Shouryuudan (his uppercut) has longer invincibility and does two hits.

Q: What about his NEOMAX DM?
Yamamoto: It's called 'Chou Shin Soku Zan'eiken'. Since the NEOMAX system is one of the selling points of the system this time around, we made this move really flashy. It's really fast!
Yamaguchi: You can do it not just on the ground, but in the air, too.

<video of Andy NeoMAX>

If you K.O. an opponent with it, you'll get to see a special winpose too.

Q: Anything else worth mentioning?
Yamamoto: Some of his commands have been changed from the location test. Zan'eiken has had its charge time removed, making it easier to pull out in rapid succession. I can now recommend it without reservations.

Q: Finally, what moves have been added to Joe since KOF XII?
Yamamoto: He's regained 'Ougon no Kakato' (QCB+K). It's a move where he drops his feel on the opponent while jumping. It's been a very useful move throughout the KOF series, so this is good news, isn't it? In addition, he's gained his DM 'Bakuretsu Hurricane Tiger Kakato'.

Q: Please tell us about his EX moves.
Yamamoto: The EX version of Ougon no Kakato has very little lag on landing, so if it hits on a grounded opponent you can connect followup attacks. Pay attention to the timing and definitely give it a try.
Yamaguchi: The EX version of Hurricane Upper has him firing three tornadoes instead of one. The EX version of Screw Upper becomes 'Slide Screw' - in other words a tornado that moves horizontally across the screen. (ST: Sooo it's the SDM version then?)

Q: Please tell us about his NEOMAX DM.
Yamamoto: It's called 'Screw Straight.' A horizontal tornado materializes right next to Joe, just like a drill.

<video of Joe NeoMAX>

Yamaguchi: Just like Terry's move this is one that I've been hoping to do for a long time but only just had my wish granted. It was hard to do during the NEOGEO era because of hardware restrictions...
I'm happy it showed up this time.

---

Thank you very much.
Today we've also released a promotional video. Please do watch it!
Next week's entry will be about the three members of the Psycho Soldier team. Do look forward to it!
Old 2010-05-22, 09:41   Link #107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

One Ash is gay one isn't lol

Wow! Terry is still DA-MAN!!!! BUSTTAAA~~WOLF!!!
Old 2010-05-29, 15:29   Link #108
videoman190

ARCADIA KOF XIII PLAYERS' GUIDE

If someone wants to sub these I can send the raw file!

SonicTempest's quick translation regarding China Team Blog :

Quote:
- Athena regained teleport and command throw. Teleport can be used in combos now e.g. DP .P drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P or mid-air QCB .K drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P
- Psychic Reflector QCB .K is a striking attack as well as a projectile reflector, and even works on DM projectiles.
- She can do different types of combos in the middle of the screen and is generally more flexible to play as - particularly her DP .P and fwd .B make this possible
- Apparently her mid-air Shining Crystal Bit HCB HCB .P has a different startup animation.
- EX Psycho Ball is slower but does multiple hits. You can follow up if it hits on an opponent in mid-air. Practically you can do something like DP .P (1 hit) DC QCB .A .C , continue.
- EX Phoenix Arrow just makes it easier to follow up with a combo after it hits.
- EX Psychic Sword has fast startup and invincibility, so it's good as a defensive move
- EX SCB sucks the opponent in for multiple hits. Good for a 'turnaround' move.
- There are different enders to her NeoMAX DM - no other details given
- Yamaguchi jokes about wanting to make Athena go on a diet (lol)
- Kensou regained Chokyuudan ( QCB .P , his fireball) and Ryuusougeki (mid-air QCB .P , his diving attack), as well as a fake backstep (similar to the short backstep in KOFXII)
- Apparently his nikuman appears somewhere in one of his moves
- EX Ryuutouda (KOF XII QCB .A ...don't know what the command is now) lets you follow up 5 times as opposed to the regular version's 3 times (not sure about this translation)
- EX Ryuusougeki does multiple hits when Kensou lands, so it grants you a greater advantage
- His NeoMAX is called 'Seime: Senki Hakkei'. (command is qcf qcf .A .C ). He creates a ball of energy in front of him and hits the opponent multiple times. Useful for chipping.
- He has a lot of moves that do multiple hits, so try and get a 99-hit combo with him! (There's a video that shows one such combo)
- Chin has gained Kaitenteki Kuutotsuken (ground dash + uppercut move, HCF .K ), Inshu (drinking move) and Tetsuzankou.
- Tetsuzankou is a DM that can only be done while drinking, where he charges into the opponent with his back and knocks them down. Wires on counter.
- EX Suiho ( QCB .P ) is a counter move that allows you to do a ranbu afterwards.
- EX Kaitenteki Kuutotsuken has its speed and range increased
- His NeoMAX is 'Suisou: Gouran Enpou' ( qcf qcf .B .D ). Chin breathes flames which you can direct with the stick. On the ground you can direct it in 5 directions while in mid-air you can make it go in all 8 directions.

Next week they're going to take a break from the team introductions and instead talk about game modes.
KOFXIII is going to be at this years E3 and it's confirmed it has a console release for the PS3 and XBOX360!
http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010...med-games.html

I hope they get the netcode right this time!

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-05-29 at 22:38.
Old 2010-05-30, 10:59   Link #109
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
I hope they get the netcode right this time!
I think every fighting game fan is praying they do.. because this game is so D.O.A (dead on arrival) if the netcode is anything like XII's...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:15   Link #110
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I think every fighting game fan is praying they do.. because this game is so D.O.A (dead on arrival) if the netcode is anything like XII's...
You are right about that but it all depends on the publisher It might be either XSeed or Atlus!

But is less likely that the game will be made the same time as the arcade version so it might be a few months after in the fall or even next year!
Old 2010-06-07, 08:23   Link #111
noobita

I don't quite understand the system..does that mean that EX mode and Advance Mode are coming back in KoF13?

What is the different between Ex Mode and Advance Mode in KoF 13? Or those just a same thing in previous KoF system?
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 20:44   Link #112
videoman190

It goes like this:
You can perform Ex moves which will cost one power stock (Which they are power up versions of the special moves)

The Hyperdrive (HD) gauge fills up automatically. You can perform drive cancels when the HD gauge is at half way(You can cancel any move with this one. and finaliy HyperDrive mode you can perform this when the gauge is full! In this mode you can cancel any move and you perfom the NeoMax DM (which is the character's ultimate move!) when you have at least 2 power stocks!

If you want to know more you can go to the cyberfanatix.com or orochinagi.com they know more about this game than I do!

The official King of Fighters XIII website is updated.
Character Section Added with the Team Story of the Women Fighters Team and a blog update that discusses about about Ikari Team’s Gameplay!

Ralf's Neomax

Leona's NeoMax

Clark's NeoMax
Old 2010-06-11, 04:24   Link #113
Rayneing
Trombe!

GENESIC EMERALD CLARK BUSTER

All of those Neomaxes look sweet, and so does Leona's new DM. I really can't wait for this game. It looks too good, seriously.
Old 2010-06-11, 08:26   Link #114
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ralf using Gear 2 and Gomu Gomu no Jet Gattling = win. But Clark is far less impressive than Tager.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 21:12   Link #115
videoman190

Women's Team Neomaxes

King -

Yuri -

Mai -

Beating the crap on their "boyfriends"

Also... Surprise Rose Demo
Old 2010-06-21, 23:57   Link #116
noobita

I don't really like the idea where all Neomax does similar damage with different animation.
Old 2010-06-22, 00:43   Link #117
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't really like the idea where all Neomax does similar damage with different animation.
But isn't it that majority of normal DMs also do similar damage? Neo-Max might be damaging but different characters have different range (Ash and Clark has to do it at extremely close range) and function (Elizabeth's Neo-Max is a counter attack, Chin's flames can be controlled).

Last edited by kiak666; 2010-06-22 at 01:33.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 07:46   Link #118
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
You are confusing Ex-DM with Neomax.
King's Neomax is the overpowered Venom Strike and not the bif Surprise Rose.
Old 2010-06-22, 09:06   Link #119
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think he means similar damage to each other.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:44   Link #120
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
But isn't it that majority of normal DMs also do similar damage? Neo-Max might be damaging but different characters have different range (Ash and Clark has to do it at extremely close range) and function (Elizabeth's Neo-Max is a counter attack, Chin's flames can be controlled).
That is what went wrong.

In my opinion, a harder to land/use DM should does more damage to other easy to use DM as a reward for your effort to master it.

For example:

Why would you want to use Clark SDM when other characters SDM can hit their prey in easier fashion and less punishing (and time consuming) knowing that all SDM does similar damage cap.

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360