AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-23, 02:14   Link #1581
s07195
However,

Which one's the Alter Haruhi figure?
Old 2010-06-23, 11:40   Link #1582
Mungo0

This is the Alter Haruhi figure -

The only shop that I could find it being in stock was Yesasia.com, for a whopping $109. (Free international shipping, but still.)

My proxy was able to quote me a figure of 5050 yen though, or $55. Even when factoring in shipping (This includes other figmas, and was Airmail) I paid just over half of what it would have cost me to get it from Yesasia.

Last edited by Mungo0; 2010-06-28 at 11:25.
Old 2010-06-24, 20:25   Link #1583
jin jin5000

the shipment of book 1,2,3 translated came in on the 21st.
I expected it on July 5th..but whatever... its good because it came fast right?
---
The translation were pretty good and tried to make it stay like original... no changing around words like "kappa" to some "green monsterthing"
its nicely done ect
Old 2010-06-28, 09:31   Link #1584
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
This is the Alter Haruhi figure -

The only shop that I could find it being in stock was Yesasia.com, for a whopping $109. (Free international shipping, but still.)

My proxy was able to quote me a figure of 5050 yen though, or $55. Even when factoring in shipping (This includes other figmas, and was Airmail) I paid just over half of what it would have cost me to get it from Yesasia.
can't see the picture x.x
Old 2010-06-28, 11:25   Link #1585
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
can't see the picture x.x
Sorry, here's a link.

Old 2010-06-30, 07:47   Link #1586
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Little updates for today. Firstly, today the August issue of "The Sneaker" went on sale as well as two commemorative editions to celebrate the 100th issue entitled S Red and S Blue. On the cover of S Blue is another Ito-sensei drawing of Haruhi:

There are two stores that are offering special presents with this issue: Animate, who is offering an old postcard with Haruhi and Kyon's sister as well as Toranoana, who is offering the following illustrated card:

Tora is also offering a special 4 page booklet with various series illustrations in it for the August Sneaker.

Secondly, Amazon has put up their listings for Figma Young Haruhi and Spring/Summer Illustrations artbook. The figure comes out on September 25th and the book comes out the 29th of July.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-07-06, 07:03   Link #1587
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Sorry for the double-post but we have some BIG NEWS!

On October 22nd for 39,900 yen, Haruhi will be released on Blu-Ray in a "Complete Box"! This set will include all 28 episodes and BOTH concerts. A great number of bonus footage is planned.

2nd Edit: It's now up on Chara-ani.

3rd Edit: Sofmap and HMV have it available as well. Item is KAXA2000 according to HMV's listing.

4th: Amazon Japan just put their listing at 29,526 yen.

Edit: Also in BD news, Amazon updated their image of the Haruhi-chan BD-Box to the following:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-06 at 17:31.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:19   Link #1588
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

@ultimatemegax:
Thank you for always finding the news^^.

I'm really looking forward to this box and I hope that they add subtitles, then it would be perfect^^.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:41   Link #1589
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And Kyon is the only one disturbed by the gaint statue of Haruhi-chan.
Old 2010-07-07, 06:33   Link #1590
Mungo0

I wonder how the box looks though. That is a very steep price, but I can see how it would be worth it for people who don't have the DVDs yet. I don't like the fact that the episodes have been arranged chronologically. I personally preferred the season in the way it was shown on TV, but that's probably just me. Are there any extras in the form of postcards or anything like that?

Well, at least I've finished off my Haruhi figma/figure collection.
Old 2010-07-07, 06:51   Link #1591
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
I wonder how the box looks though. That is a very steep price, but I can see how it would be worth it for people who don't have the DVDs yet. I don't like the fact that the episodes have been arranged chronologically. I personally preferred the season in the way it was shown on TV, but that's probably just me. Are there any extras in the form of postcards or anything like that?

Well, at least I've finished off my Haruhi figma/figure collection.
No art has been released for the TV series box. The price is less than most expected with Kanon and Clannad being 62,500 yen each with only 24 episodes. I myself was guessing closer to 55,000 yen for the set with only the episodes.

I know most people (especially in NA) don't like the chronological order, but that's the way it was aired in the 2009 showing (which is what this set is based from) and it allows the new episodes to be inserted normally compared to a jumbled mess.

No additional information on the set itself has been released. The only additional good that's been released is a special telephone card if you purchase it from the Japanese side of HMV.

Edit: Amazon's put up the cover art for the special "Taniguchi Goes!" DVD:

Old 2010-07-07, 07:26   Link #1592
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Amazon's put up the cover art for the special "Taniguchi Goes!" DVD:
The what now? Did I miss something here?
Old 2010-07-07, 09:37   Link #1593
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
The what now? Did I miss something here?
Kadokawa is releasing the segments on the 2009 Limited Edition discs where Taniguchi's seiju (Minoru Shirashi) would travel around Japan to various places on one DVD set. It'll include a 4 page booklet and that special cover.

In BIGGER news, the official fansite has posted the listing of the BD Set. Most important news: English Subtitles! The set will be on 8 double-layered discs and comprise the whole series and both concerts. The talk portion of Gekisou will not be included. Other special features are the TV and promotional spots, store promotional videos, and location scouting footage. Run time is listed at 650 minutes for the main footage and 430 minutes of bonus footage for a total of 1080 minutes on the set.

Edit: Here is the disc layout:
Discs 1-5: TV series, Disc 6: Bonus footage, Disc 7: Gekisou Live concert, Disc 8: Gensou Concert

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-07 at 10:47.
Old 2010-07-07, 14:56   Link #1594
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Quote:
Kadokawa is releasing the segments on the 2009 Limited Edition discs where Taniguchi's seiju (Minoru Shirashi) would travel around Japan to various places on one DVD set. It'll include a 4 page booklet and that special cover.

In BIGGER news, the official fansite has posted the listing of the BD Set. Most important news: English Subtitles! The set will be on 8 double-layered discs and comprise the whole series and both concerts. The talk portion of Gekisou will not be included. Other special features are the TV and promotional spots, store promotional videos, and location scouting footage. Run time is listed at 650 minutes for the main footage and 430 minutes of bonus footage for a total of 1080 minutes on the set.

Discs 1-5: TV series, Disc 6: Bonus footage, Disc 7: Gekisou Live concert, Disc 8: Gensou Concert
Oh man, I've never wanted a BD set of something SOO BAD.

If only I had the extra cash to buy it.
Old 2010-07-07, 16:45   Link #1595
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Wait. Blu-ray, subtitles, both seasons, concerts and extra footage?

DO WANT!

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-07-08, 08:48   Link #1596
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yuki Nagato

Manufacturer: Kyoto Animation
Series: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Material: PVC
Scale: 1/8
Release Date: ???
Price: ???
Notes: Kyoto Animation Shop Exclusive
Old 2010-07-08, 12:14   Link #1597
Animexcel

Quote:

Wow, I'm gonna have to save money for this :'( I wonder how much..
Old 2010-07-08, 13:26   Link #1598
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yuki Nagato

Damn, it'll prob cost a hellva lot. As only place alot of people will be able to get will be Ebay. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Wow, I'm gonna have to save money for this :'( I wonder how much..
39,900yen+shipping. So alot.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-07-08, 13:53   Link #1599
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yuki Nagato

is it just me or is this actually from last year
Old 2010-07-08, 15:38   Link #1600
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Damn, it'll prob cost a hellva lot. As only place alot of people will be able to get will be Ebay. :/
The K-On! "Don't Say Lazy" style figures that Kyoto Animation are producing are 8000 yen apiece. It would be safe to assume this figure would be the same price. You could contact a middleperson in Japan and ask them to get the figure for you from their store as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
is it just me or is this actually from last year
The figure is from the movie which uses the 2009 copyright, thus that's why the image has 2009 on it. This site was created in the evening of 7/7/10 in Japan, so it's very recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
^what site are you talking about specifically that was created a few days ago
I am referring to the Kyoto Animation site that was made to detail the progress of the Yuki figure. It was publicly revealed on the evening of the 7th, less than 36 hours ago.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-08 at 16:19.
Closed Thread