AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-03, 20:32   Link #1641
Frionel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
So did anyone find out what song is in this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHzcf4cSnA
Frionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:29   Link #1642
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I just finished watching this series. Though it's confusing, it's not as confusing as some other series like Noein, and its conclusion is less vague as Eureka 7.

What do I like with Xam? The animation is heavily reminiscent of Miyazaki's style. The heroin reminds me of Valley of the Wind, and the airships are similar to that in Castle in the Sky. Also, I'm very glad to see the details in the animation.

Music-wise is top-notch. That insert song just makes me wanna cry. Such a beautiful piece of music!

Characters...... um, they need more characterisation, more fleshing out. I think the impact in the last few episodes would have been greater if we had more time on characterisation. Still, the characters did kind of grow on you. Yango for example. He's one of my top favourite characters despite the little amount of screen time he gets. I think it's probably his straightforwardness that makes me like him so much.

As for the ending..... Akiyuki's revival did make me think whether it was just a more dramatic way of ending the series in a circular method. Bring it back to full circle by showing the audience that Haru and Akiyuki love each other even though Akiyuki has turned into stone. As somebody's already said in previous posts - we didn't get any indication that a person could be revived once he turns completely into stone. uh.. I dunno. I want to think that Akiyuki's truly back? Based on what Nakiami said. (oh, Nakiami, another great character, though I wish I could see more behind her motivation)

All in all, a pretty good series. 7-8/10, and more points if it had been longer.
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:48   Link #1643
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I just finished watching this series. Though it's confusing, it's not as confusing as some other series like Noein, and its conclusion is less vague as Eureka 7.

What do I like with Xam? The animation is heavily reminiscent of Miyazaki's style. The heroin reminds me of Valley of the Wind, and the airships are similar to that in Castle in the Sky. Also, I'm very glad to see the details in the animation.

Music-wise is top-notch. That insert song just makes me wanna cry. Such a beautiful piece of music!

Characters...... um, they need more characterisation, more fleshing out. I think the impact in the last few episodes would have been greater if we had more time on characterisation. Still, the characters did kind of grow on you. Yango for example. He's one of my top favourite characters despite the little amount of screen time he gets. I think it's probably his straightforwardness that makes me like him so much.

As for the ending..... Akiyuki's revival did make me think whether it was just a more dramatic way of ending the series in a circular method. Bring it back to full circle by showing the audience that Haru and Akiyuki love each other even though Akiyuki has turned into stone. As somebody's already said in previous posts - we didn't get any indication that a person could be revived once he turns completely into stone. uh.. I dunno. I want to think that Akiyuki's truly back? Based on what Nakiami said. (oh, Nakiami, another great character, though I wish I could see more behind her motivation)

All in all, a pretty good series. 7-8/10, and more points if it had been longer.

I'm with you. Bonen no Xamdou was a very good show with great artwork, a very good soundtrack, a background setting that promised a lot and a story that was actually pretty decent but, and there's always a but unfortunately, it has one major flaw in the number of episodes. If they just had 12 or 24 more episodes it would probably allow them to explore more the world and the characters.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 14:47   Link #1644
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Or more simply take out those boring middle episodes and just expand the final ones.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 13:50   Link #1645
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
So I went back and rewatched this show, and I have to say the greatest flaw is the lack of closure. Why are the humanforms different from the xam'd, what was the purpose of nakiami's sacrifice, the hints at the hiruken emperor left a void that didn't give him a truly big bad feel, in the end the actually story telling elements used only cluttered the story and any hope for closure is lost. If bones does choose to do a reboot I hope that it will be this series and that they think out some of these questions and really direct it in a manner that explains things that are pretty critical to the motivation of most of the characters. In the end we only see the surface and there is no real connection because although the characters are awesome the currents that drive them are really not there and for the most part their actions seem foreign and unrelateable to the viewer.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 18:15   Link #1646
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Quick question here, I saw the L by the title and thought that meant this show is licensed, is it? I checked ANN but couldn't find anything on it and, since I do want to see this show, are there legal streams of it anywhere? Also puzzled since ANN has a preview up for it and they don't do that for all the R1 licensed shows and I can't remember them doing that for any show that wasn't licensed in the US, help?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 19:26   Link #1647
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
it was liscensed on the psn network, and you could get subbed episodes via the psn store during it's original run.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 19:39   Link #1648
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Play Station Network? Well crud, that doesn't help me in the slightest but thank you!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:19   Link #1649
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Xam'd is now licensed.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=101209#

Collection 01 DVD and BR will be released on September 21st, and it's already up over on rightstuf.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 16:22   Link #1650
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Ehhhh, crud, I did end up watching the anime but I didn't like it tons. I felt like Xam'd should've taken those 13 episodes of Eureka 7 where nothing happened and gotten a bit more development. It felt like so much was unexplained in the end and, even if I simply missed the explanations (although I doubt I missed that many ), it just didn't leave me feeling satisfied.
Pity, I loved all the designs (characters, monsters, equipment, ect) in here but eye candy doesn't quite make up for plot.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 22:24   Link #1651
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
About time this one get licenses
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 01:29   Link #1652
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Ehhhh, crud, I did end up watching the anime but I didn't like it tons. I felt like Xam'd should've taken those 13 episodes of Eureka 7 where nothing happened and gotten a bit more development. It felt like so much was unexplained in the end and, even if I simply missed the explanations (although I doubt I missed that many ), it just didn't leave me feeling satisfied.
Pity, I loved all the designs (characters, monsters, equipment, ect) in here but eye candy doesn't quite make up for plot.
This sums up the series nicely.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:10   Link #1653
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Ehhhh, crud, I did end up watching the anime but I didn't like it tons. I felt like Xam'd should've taken those 13 episodes of Eureka 7 where nothing happened and gotten a bit more development. It felt like so much was unexplained in the end and, even if I simply missed the explanations (although I doubt I missed that many ), it just didn't leave me feeling satisfied.
Pity, I loved all the designs (characters, monsters, equipment, ect) in here but eye candy doesn't quite make up for plot.
It definitely left something to be desired, but I loved it. It was a fun watch and kept me wanting more and more. The music and characters were great too. However, if it was longer it ran the risk of having useless episodes but if it was shorter, we would have missed out on more.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 11:07   Link #1654
Ansa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Just watched it and read a few posts back..

I agree having another 13-26 episodes really could have fleshed out the plot and characters a lot more, hell even just one episode dedicated to explaining some of the terminology would've been nice.

I like most of the characters I was a little disappointed to see Fuji kill himself in the end though and was kinda surprised no one really brought it up later, Akiyuki never even mentions his name or anything for the rest of the series despite that he was his best friend.

Ending was okay, better then I thought it was going to be honestly because everyone I ever talked to said the ending was one of the worst they've ever seen. Like someone mentioned it wasn't a plot driven story it was a character driven story and for that the story ended well. Although like others have said there's still a war going on and plot wise nothing was really solved in the overall story.

I can see why a lot of people would be frustrated watching this series in 26 weeks but its easier to keep up with everything watching it over the course of a few days instead.

Overall not a great anime but pretty good, would like to see an extended cut of the series in the future but I doubt that'll ever happen.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:07   Link #1655
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Actually, I remember thinking that it was so much like Eureka 7 when I was watching it (which I knew going it, tvtropes even listed it as a spiritual successor to E7) and I think that's where part of my disappointment came in. E7 certainly had it's failings but what it did well Xam'd seemed to do not-so-well and the plots were pretty similar, I would've loved for Xam'd to have diverged a bit more. So I'd love to know, did anyone else watch E7 first and not like Xam'd as much or vice-versa?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:12   Link #1656
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Actually, I remember thinking that it was so much like Eureka 7 when I was watching it (which I knew going it, tvtropes even listed it as a spiritual successor to E7) and I think that's where part of my disappointment came in. E7 certainly had it's failings but what it did well Xam'd seemed to do not-so-well and the plots were pretty similar, I would've loved for Xam'd to have diverged a bit more. So I'd love to know, did anyone else watch E7 first and not like Xam'd as much or vice-versa?
E7 was great. I'm not sure if I like it better or not though. The main protagonist's roles are really different at times and if my memory serves, there wasn't another love interest where as in Xam'd we have two.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 17:02   Link #1657
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
So I'd love to know, did anyone else watch E7 first and not like Xam'd as much or vice-versa?
The two really aren't that similar at all. It's just that both shows have the same team working on them, so people started to make the obvious connections. & with that in mind, i enjoyed Xam'd while it was airing quite a bit, and didn't compare it at all with Eureka Seven.

Though when it comes to which show i like better out of the two, then it's easily Eureka Seven, though it's one of my favorite shows of all time, so it can't be beat that easy. :3
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 21:10   Link #1658
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Angel Beats is the latest victim of the serial killer codenamed RushEnd. He is rumored to have killed the interest of over half anime in the world, Xamdou included. Inspector GetSeriousAndDoItRightYouLazyBums has no clue as of yet.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 20:13   Link #1659
Shyne
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: new jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Shyne
Just finished up the series earlier today. I thought it was good myself
__________________
Feel Free to send me a message

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 01:54   Link #1660
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I watched up to episode 22 on the anime network and I can tell this shows sucks! I hate bad damn endings.. and Midori not being rescued.. The quickening just people dying.. this show is just plain stupid and don't know how anyone can like a bad ending show like this.. horrible.. wish I never watched it now. All it was is a world full of evil.. the quikening.. evil.. the commander he should of been killed alot earlier.. evil.. I hated this show. I could shoot the damn writer of this show.. put a quick fun loving fast opening song so you think it's going to have a good ending and it was just a sick twisted demented joke that had nothing to do with the show.. the song was the only good thing in the series.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.