AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-24, 18:39   Link #121
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Bad news! Sunrise Festival 2010 WILL NOT include HiME or Otome at all!
What? Awww man....
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:15   Link #122
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Bad news! Sunrise Festival 2010 WILL NOT include HiME or Otome at all!
OH WOW! JUST WOW! Is this the end for the Mai franchise altogether or HiME EXA (Alternate Retelling) won't be animated?

Well I guess that the five year wait was for HiME to return just nothing!

Still Shark give me some source on this anyway?
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:11   Link #123
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
OH WOW! JUST WOW! Is this the end for the Mai franchise altogether or HiME EXA (Alternate Retelling) won't be animated?

Well I guess that the five year wait was for HiME to return just nothing!

Still Shark give me some source on this anyway?
Don't worry we're alive anyway! You can read my fanfics if you want!

But I agree that animations are much better!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:33   Link #124
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
Don't worry we're alive anyway! You can read my fanfics if you want!

But I agree that animations are much better!
Matter of fact, I have some good news, from my interpreter friend who also a big HiME/Otome fan said that the Sunrise Festival 2010 was supposed to be all about Gundam's history and even other mecha franchises that are involved as well. So we have some alot of hope for HiME saga down the road soon, everything is good once again.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 16:38   Link #125
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Matter of fact, I have some good news, from my interpreter friend who also a big HiME/Otome fan said that the Sunrise Festival 2010 was supposed to be all about Gundam's history and even other mecha franchises that are involved as well. So we have some alot of hope for HiME saga down the road soon, everything is good once again.
Hm! It's alright! Nothing to worry!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 20:11   Link #126
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Matter of fact, I have some good news, from my interpreter friend who also a big HiME/Otome fan said that the Sunrise Festival 2010 was supposed to be all about Gundam's history and even other mecha franchises that are involved as well. So we have some alot of hope for HiME saga down the road soon, everything is good once again.
It's pretty much all of Sunrise's shounen anime, Not just Gundam, but even stuff like Yoroiden Samurai Troopers.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 22:53   Link #127
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It's pretty much all of Sunrise's shounen anime, Not just Gundam, but even stuff like Yoroiden Samurai Troopers.
HiME is shonen too right, unless it's harem plus yuri stuff along the way. Really do you think it's really going to show trailer of the next HiME project or not. Because unless Hisayuki-san needs time evaluate all of this then yes he should have time off.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 20:58   Link #128
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
HiME is shonen too right, unless it's harem plus yuri stuff along the way. Really do you think it's really going to show trailer of the next HiME project or not. Because unless Hisayuki-san needs time evaluate all of this then yes he should have time off.
As, I said, Hisayuki is already working on a different anime that's not HiME-related. HiME isn't really shounen as much as it is for both. Sunrise Festival 2010 is showcasing the strictly shounen Sunrise series of the past.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 21:38   Link #129
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
As, I said, Hisayuki is already working on a different anime that's not HiME-related. HiME isn't really shounen as much as it is for both. Sunrise Festival 2010 is showcasing the strictly shounen Sunrise series of the past.
How can it be shonen unless it's science fiction shoujo. I said that, If he needs more time on his projects then we have no problem with it. But it's a three part episode series. I need to watch Votoms anyway and others Sunrise mecha projects soon.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 23:44   Link #130
planetwarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
How can it be shonen unless it's science fiction shoujo. I said that, If he needs more time on his projects then we have no problem with it. But it's a three part episode series. I need to watch Votoms anyway and others Sunrise mecha projects soon.
Well, Sunrise is just hiding it's way when it still developing new anime series tho.
planetwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 00:55   Link #131
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
How can it be shonen unless it's science fiction shoujo. I said that, If he needs more time on his projects then we have no problem with it. But it's a three part episode series. I need to watch Votoms anyway and others Sunrise mecha projects soon.
The Votoms that Hisayuki is working on is an actual series, not an OVA. Atleast that's what the original report stated.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 05:33   Link #132
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The Votoms that Hisayuki is working on is an actual series, not an OVA. Atleast that's what the original report stated.
Yeah that what I'm talking about in the first place!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 23:06   Link #133
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Mai Otome Sifr has been licensed by Bandai Entertainment and I expect more dull dubbing from this soon and yes it's a must be for me.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...sora-kake-girl
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:18   Link #134
Baru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Your Mind
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Baru
As someone who liked the dubs for HiME and Otome, I'd like it if they used the same dubbing studio for this.
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:09   Link #135
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
As someone who liked the dubs for HiME and Otome, I'd like it if they used the same dubbing studio for this.
Bluewater dubbing studios and credit have sup-par to great lately for the last couple years. I would flat out tell you they still have good vocal range, If they become very serious about it instead of being sup-par. One of the best VA's out of the studio was Carol Anne Day (Mai Tokiha), Mariette Slutyer (Midori Suiguira) and Morgan Partridge (Akane Higurashi) and I hope they do more vocal range work than for the Mai-franchise. Right now, Californians and Texans VA's are fuckin stacked, for the Canadian's they are so-so because of voice over rust work. For the upcoming Sifr series, whoever dubs this would be a instant buyer.

Last edited by Highman; 2010-08-04 at 17:38.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:13   Link #136
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Maybe I'm more old fashioned, but I prefer subs, heh. Skip the dubbing, just sub it and release. Spare the expense so the DVD is cheaper. But like that would ever happen, haha.

I have been having a dub vs. sub argument with a friend of mine, as he prefers dubs and me subs. I dunno, I'm just more used to the inflections and emotions in a Japanese voice now, that most dubs come across as "wooden" to me. Not as much emotion.

And you get things that just don't make sense in dubs, like near the end of Otome, when they refer to "Mai Hime." Obviously, in Japanese this works with both the language (referring to Mai as a princess) and also as an allusion to the first series. But saying "Mai Hime" in English doesn't make sense, because Himes aren't really referred to at all, and it totally lacks the "princess" angle.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 22:09   Link #137
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Maybe I'm more old fashioned, but I prefer subs, heh. Skip the dubbing, just sub it and release. Spare the expense so the DVD is cheaper. But like that would ever happen, haha.

I have been having a dub vs. sub argument with a friend of mine, as he prefers dubs and me subs. I dunno, I'm just more used to the inflections and emotions in a Japanese voice now, that most dubs come across as "wooden" to me. Not as much emotion.

And you get things that just don't make sense in dubs, like near the end of Otome, when they refer to "Mai Hime." Obviously, in Japanese this works with both the language (referring to Mai as a princess) and also as an allusion to the first series. But saying "Mai Hime" in English doesn't make sense, because Himes aren't really referred to at all, and it totally lacks the "princess" angle.

Yeah you are right eventually because everyone bitched alot when they chose Shizuru accent instead figuring out on learning Kyoto accent they just give an Southern Belle or Texan voice and anime fans went crazy over that issue. I would not trust Bluewater (Ocean Group) to do it nor Bandai Entertainment to take that kind of licensing for the Mai-franchise. If they do Sifr, possibly? Then I would buy but not hear the dubs. Even the dialogue and writing was so bad that I can't even comprehend and confusing at the least. But I found good VA's but and possibly Golden Gems that could be so awesome.

They are alot of dubs that are superior like Outlaw Star,Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist and alot more, so don't count out on dubs yet. But I don't want Bluewater doing the Otome prequel nor the upcoming saga, but for the Golden Gems, I chose from my earlier post to come and get into a better dubbing studio than Ocean Group period.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 23:05   Link #138
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, a lot of studios use a southern accent for Kyoto accents; I find it annoying.

And I do have dubs I like; Cowboy Bebop was done well, and El Hazard's dub was a bit better than the sub voices. Slayers, I can go either way on.

The main issue is that Japanese VA's train heavily for the roles, and there is fierce competition. Western VA's don't have the same... glamor, so there's not as much emphasis on finding really good ones. In a lot of cases, they have the remixing guy supply a voice, or grab the janitor; anything to shave some cost.

So while English dubs can be good, on the average, I find the Japanese voices to be superior. Plus, it helps me better understand a foreign culture and begin to learn some Japanese myself. Just from listening to anime, I can already understand and speak several dozen words, phrases, and sentences, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 23:25   Link #139
Baru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Your Mind
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Western VA's don't have the same... glamor, so there's not as much emphasis on finding really good ones. In a lot of cases, they have the remixing guy supply a voice, or grab the janitor; anything to shave some cost.
No, this isn't true... typically voice actors in anime are trained stage actors, or professional voice-over workers... they don't produce these as cheaply as you make it sound...
There is competition in US dubbing too. There are auditions, and people get casted in roles if the directors find them suitable.
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:26   Link #140
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
No, this isn't true... typically voice actors in anime are trained stage actors, or professional voice-over workers... they don't produce these as cheaply as you make it sound...
There is competition in US dubbing too. There are auditions, and people get casted in roles if the directors find them suitable.
Yes it is competition in dubbing alot of rivalries in the VA's department from Vic "Mangina" Mignogna versus Travis Willingham, they never talk to each so that means, they hate each others guts no matter what. Just like Japanese and American VA's they have a system of what rivalry and situations.

To Kaijo, it doesn't matter what is superior on what dialogue you like, it seems your just being a idiot for saying those kinds things. Superior is inferior and the truth they will be bad subs and dubs overall. Your just jumping the gun like everyone and it sickens me man.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.