AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-26, 23:42   Link #301
Ishe
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I just watched the last episode. Did anyone else get the sense from the ending that Otonashi was the programmer? That was the impression I got. That after saving the people in the tunnel and dying he went to this world. He would have met Kanade, because at some point should would have been techically dead, even if only for a moment, to recieve the heart transplant. He fell in love with her while she was there, but she was pulled out of it after/during the procedure. Otonashi became the programmer after that and eventually wrote himself as an NPC. He came out of being an NPC shortly before he met Yuri. That was my theory, anyway.
Ishe is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 00:46   Link #302
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
That's all you've got for me eh Maeda? Really? That's it and nothing else. Tim Burton's starting to look diverse and creative by comparison. yeesh.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 01:42   Link #303
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's all you've got for me eh Maeda? Really? That's it and nothing else. Tim Burton's starting to look diverse and creative by comparison. yeesh.....
I think that is due to the anime being too short in the first place. More could have been done...personally I like Shiina and T.K character designs, both are very intriguing.

T.K seems like a Japanese kid who's an anglo-wannabe and immersed in the American hip-hop culture (B-boy?), then died due to some unknown circumstances. I hazard a guess that he fell down the stairs while dancing or imitating Michael Jackson, probably why he was dancing with his back towards the stairs and at the top of it in Ep 11.

Shiina is more of a mystery. Her ninja skills and quiet nature made her elusive to all forms of analysis. Her love for cute stuff is brilliant.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 01:52   Link #304
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
What a let down, the whole show pretty much didn't make any sense. In fact I kinda gave up halfway on it making sense anymore and was just waiting for that one saving grace that could've been but even then it still fell short.

Giant plot hole aside, the whole revelation behind Tenshi echoed a little bit of Seven Pounds for me, not trying to detract it because of that though just wanted to point out the parallel i noticed.

The romance as people have been saying was downright forced and pretty much came out of nowhere. The back story was a little heart tugging i admit but the crux of it relied heavily on an established romance between the two which just wasn't there so it fell short of what it could've been.

The little epilogue after also felt like one big cheesy attempt at an ambiguous pseudo happy end. Little bit of a cop out if you ask me, but that's more of a general gripe i have and not really a specific one targeted solely at Angel Beats.

And for those speculating whether KyoAni should've been at the reins, Maede already had P.A Works in mind to do Angel Beats after he saw what they did with True Tears. I don't think KyoAni would've done too much of a better job anyway.

Angel Beats overall is an incomplete work and even the producers acknowledged that themselves by trying to make some pseudo excuse in the form of it being a multi-media project.
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:12   Link #305
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not like I was the one asking for it, as I personally don't care. Just saying, if it's big enough to tell someone to "get out" because they haven't seen it, it should be big enough to at least mention by name. The ones looking down on others for not seeing it are the ones pushing something, so why should the "customer" have to go looking for information that they're being sold on?

Anyway, this series definitely needs a VN or an expanded series. There were too many characters with too much potential that just didn't get fleshed out.
Wooh somebody sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed this mourning.
Oh so sorry for the brash behavior Ojousama. *whimsical bow*
__________________
Crontica is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:15   Link #306
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
And for those speculating whether KyoAni should've been at the reins, Maede already had P.A Works in mind to do Angel Beats after he saw what they did with True Tears. I don't think KyoAni would've done too much of a better job anyway.

Angel Beats overall is an incomplete work and even the producers acknowledged that themselves by trying to make some pseudo excuse in the form of it being a multi-media project.
Something you can't argue against: KyoAni knows how to milk up a series. So instead of such a rushed ending, we probably will have at least 2 episodes completely in fillers standard about Hinata and Otonashi's failed attempt to learn Shiina's ninja skill. Kanede's cat (from the 4-koma) probably will make it debut also

Then the story would be considered as "was dragged out too much" instead of "was rushed too much"

PS: i will trade all of the fillers for more GDM through. Even the animation of the novel is good enough. Especially after rewatching ep 1, and started to realise the calm and gentle Irie turned out to be quite wild when it comes to music, despite her look and voice actress
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-06-27 at 03:32.
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:39   Link #307
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Wooh somebody sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed this mourning.
Oh so sorry for the brash behavior Ojousama. *whimsical bow*
Can you please take your flaming to PM-ing him instead of acting big in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Something you can't argue against: KyoAni knows how to milk up a series. So instead of such a rushed ending, we probably will have at least 2 episodes completely in fillers standard about Hinata and Otonashi's failed attempt to learn Shiina's ninja skill. Kanede's cat (from the 4-koma) probably will make it debut also

Then the story would be considered as "was dragged out too much" instead of "was rushed too much"

PS: i will trade all of the fillers for more GDM through. Even the animated of the novel is good enough. Especially after rewatching ep 1, and started to realise the calm and gentle Irie turned out to be quite wild when it comes to music, despite her look and voice actress
I one-shotted this anime as of this morning. To me, it isn't that bad. Quite nice actually, but would be better if extended.

Shiina is quite cute actually. I should claim her as my waifu.....*IS SHOT*.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:42   Link #308
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Not to be Mr. Obvious but it seems like everybody else graduated before except for Kanade. Does that mean that Yurippe, Hinata, Yuzuru, and Naoi graduated highschool before?
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:44   Link #309
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
well thats it for angel beats

I saw some foreshadowing that some of them (yuzuru, kanade, iwasawa) do reincarnate at the same timeline.

Hint: Reincarnated Kanade humming girldemo song while hearing via earphone (Iwasawa formed a band and kanade was listening to it in her music player? most likely)

and both yuzuru and kanade is wearing similar necklace..
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?u=67374&type=sigpic&dateline=1223597681
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?u=67374&type=sigpic&dateline=1223597681 target=_blank>http://forums.animesuki.com/image.ph...ine=1223597681</a>
Joachim is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 02:45   Link #310
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Not to be Mr. Obvious but it seems like everybody else graduated before except for Kanade. Does that mean that Yurippe, Hinata, Yuzuru, and Naoi graduated highschool before?
I think they are youths when they died, thus their chance given to relive their youth again. I am not sure about Chaa though, it could be that he died due to premature aging, thus appearing as an old man in the world.

I don't mind if I have the chance to do that though. High school is a very interesting part of life.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 03:06   Link #311
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Not to be Mr. Obvious but it seems like everybody else graduated before except for Kanade. Does that mean that Yurippe, Hinata, Yuzuru, and Naoi graduated highschool before?
Yurippe/Hinata is hard to say, it's more implied for them; however Yuzuru should a gradated already, since he was going to be enrolling in a medical school[thus logically college] before the train crash, and Naoi seemed around high school age at least when his brother died, so I would think he graduated as well, but I could be wrong.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 03:20   Link #312
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Just to support what musouka said 3 pages back, Kanade did say "yeah/yes" to Otonashi. If it isn't in the sub, that's just another "lost in translation" case. That's why I always made sure no keyword was lost in editing back when I was translating, because a single missing/misuse of keyword can totally change the meaning of the whole story. In this case, a simple "yeah" already affects audience's understanding of Kanade's feeling. Anyway, what Kanade said was "un, arigatou", and the "un" there isn't "hm" or a pause or something like that, but "yeah".
__________________
guuchan is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 03:38   Link #313
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
dammit.

Yuzuru x Yuri got shot down ;_;

But they made me smile at the end with Yuzuru x Kanade, so I guess I'm happy with that.

I'll give my full review over in the overall review I guess...

But one thing; ichiban no takaramono is like...godly.

GODLY.
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 03:39   Link #314
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Just to support what musouka said 3 pages back, Kanade did say "yeah/yes" to Otonashi. If it isn't in the sub, that's just another "lost in translation" case. That's why I always made sure no keyword was lost in editing back when I was translating, because a single missing/misuse of keyword can totally change the meaning of the whole story. In this case, a simple "yeah" already affects audience's understanding of Kanade's feeling. Anyway, what Kanade said was "un, arigatou", and the "un" there isn't "hm" or a pause or something like that, but "yeah".
You don't need sub to understand that much really (and i hate it when people assume we know nothing because we need sub. "Thank you" and "I love you" are probably the two easiest lines to learn also).
Kanade did say "un" but not to the propose of staying forever with him. It was to Otonashi's "I love you", acknowledging that she understood his feeling for her. She left out her answers as "Thank you"...which i personally will say more "No" than "Yes"
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 03:54   Link #315
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Moon (where Feena at <3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You don't need sub to understand that much really (and i hate it when people assume we know nothing because we need sub. "Thank you" and "I love you" are probably the two easiest lines to learn also).
Kanade did say "un" but not to the propose of staying forever with him. It was to Otonashi's "I love you", acknowledging that she understood his feeling for her. She left out her answers as "Thank you"...which i personally will say more "No" than "Yes"
I was simply saying it's a "yeah" there, without implying what it implies. And yes, I do believe after watching enough anime, one can understand some frequently used terms like "shiawase", "tomodachi", "suki", etc. My prejudice is more against those who pretend to understand without sub just so they can show that they're able to watch it before others, but that's another story.

As for Kanade's feeling, I won't try to interpret what the "yeah" there means, but I do believe the feeling is mutual. Why would you ask someone to repeat what he said if you feel the opposite? Unless you argue that Kanade simply enjoyed hearing Otonashi saying that he loved her but she had absolutely no (romantic) feeling towards him, then I got nothing to say.
__________________
guuchan is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 04:00   Link #316
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
what did i watch? haha

Kanede smile so much in this eps... the confession is a bit too sudden... i always thought it will be Otanashi and Yuri... so we still do not know really what is that world

anyway the ending is ok, this is the best series of this season for me
klare is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 04:04   Link #317
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
It is good to see something somewhat different from all the else.
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 04:18   Link #318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Not to be Mr. Obvious but it seems like everybody else graduated before except for Kanade. Does that mean that Yurippe, Hinata, Yuzuru, and Naoi graduated highschool before?
It could also be that, unlike Kanade, they just didn't care.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 04:20   Link #319
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I was simply saying it's a "yeah" there, without implying what it implies. And yes, I do believe after watching enough anime, one can understand some frequently used terms like "shiawase", "tomodachi", "suki", etc. My prejudice is more against those who pretend to understand without sub just so they can show that they're able to watch it before others, but that's another story.

As for Kanade's feeling, I won't try to interpret what the "yeah" there means, but I do believe the feeling is mutual. Why would you ask someone to repeat what he said if you feel the opposite? Unless you argue that Kanade simply enjoyed hearing Otonashi saying that he loved her but she had absolutely no (romantic) feeling towards him, then I got nothing to say.
Well because if Kanede does not settle out Otonashi feeling. He will be just like the Programmer himself (an amnesia guy who lived his life fulfilling the dreams of others, then wandered into the Purgatory and fall in love with a girl. But then that girl moved on before him).

If Otonashi still hold more regrets of not telling Kanade more how much he loves her. He may attempt to stay there waiting for her again just like the Programmer
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 04:23   Link #320
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Yurippe/Hinata is hard to say, it's more implied for them; however Yuzuru should a gradated already, since he was going to be enrolling in a medical school[thus logically college] before the train crash, and Naoi seemed around high school age at least when his brother died, so I would think he graduated as well, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for answering. Yuzuru definately must have graduated, but I was wondering if Yurippe and Hinata graduated before. The scene seems like Kanade is the only one that never experience a graduation before.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.