AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-24, 04:54   Link #3901
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Mh, i was wondering..

Is that correct?

Air -> Kanon -> Clannad -> Angel Beats ??

Angel Beats is from the makers of Clannad?
Technically it's Air -> Kanon -> Clannad -> Little Busters -> Angel Beats for Key/Jun Maede's work.

However Little Busters hasn't received an adaptation, and as such is only a VN currently.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 05:07   Link #3902
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Mmmh, i see. Thanks a lot, you both.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 17:58   Link #3903
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada, Ontario
I have a question regarding nobility, this question is originally my father and I cannot seem to find an answer to..

Q. What status do you refer to the "King's mother"? do you also refer to her as Queen? The title Queen is already granted to the King's wife, so I am searching for that particular title unless people also refer the "King's mother" as Queen as well?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:17   Link #3904
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I have a question regarding nobility, this question is originally my father and I cannot seem to find an answer to..

Q. What status do you refer to the "King's mother"? do you also refer to her as Queen? The title Queen is already granted to the King's wife, so I am searching for that particular title unless people also refer the "King's mother" as Queen as well?
In ancient China, she's known as the Matriarch. Not sure about other places.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 22:56   Link #3905
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I have a question regarding nobility, this question is originally my father and I cannot seem to find an answer to..

Q. What status do you refer to the "King's mother"? do you also refer to her as Queen? The title Queen is already granted to the King's wife, so I am searching for that particular title unless people also refer the "King's mother" as Queen as well?
There's only one queen, and if the title is already taken by the king's wife, then the king's mother is a queen mother. The queen mother formerly had possible claim to the throne when she was married to the king; upon her husband's death and her son or daughter's ascendence to the throne, she no longer has claim to power (her son- or daughter-in-law now has claim to the crown in the event of her or his spouse's death). It's a term used in British monarchy.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 06:39   Link #3906
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Silly me and my question, Why is there no 2010 Anime convention thread in this forum *_*? Before ( as/if i recall correctly) it used to be discussed at length before it happened.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 07:29   Link #3907
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Silly me and my question, Why is there no 2010 Anime convention thread in this forum *_*? Before ( as/if i recall correctly) it used to be discussed at length before it happened.
Because threads about anime conventions are usually located in General Anime and not in General Chat?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 07:43   Link #3908
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Got a question and not much silly I guess.

I recently decided to have a crack at looking for medical residency training in Canada and/or Singapore. My clerkship begins in less than a year and I need to start looking for specialist training and I'm trying to find some abroad. I'm no longer really considering the US as training grounds due to... the way way they do things, professionally and ethically speaking. Not to say that training in the Philippines suck, but I want to broaden my skills and horizons elsewhere.

So yeah can anyone point me to any good websites or something for information on applying on the Canada's and Singapore's medical licensure exams and any special requirements regarding training fields, level of education etc? I'm more familiar with the way the US does things so I'm not acquainted with these two countries.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 08:32   Link #3909
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I recently decided to have a crack at looking for medical residency training in Canada and/or Singapore. My clerkship begins in less than a year and I need to start looking for specialist training and I'm trying to find some abroad. I'm no longer really considering the US as training grounds due to... the way way they do things, professionally and ethically speaking. Not to say that training in the Philippines suck, but I want to broaden my skills and horizons elsewhere.

So yeah can anyone point me to any good websites or something for information on applying on the Canada's and Singapore's medical licensure exams and any special requirements regarding training fields, level of education etc? I'm more familiar with the way the US does things so I'm not acquainted with these two countries.
With regard to Singapore, a good site to start reading would be the Ministry of Health's website, I suppose. Also check out the related Health Professionals Portal, which may be more relevant to what you're looking for. I'm not entirely sure if it would be useful, but the A*Star website might help if you're looking for something more research-oriented.

There are 13 public hospitals and 16 private hospitals in Singapore. The full list is available here. You could probably look up their websites to see if they have openings for medical residents. I suppose the most obvious one to start with is the National University Hospital, which is a teaching hospital affiliated to the National University of Singapore.

Hope the above helps. Which area of medicine are you intending to specialise in?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 17:41   Link #3910
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Got a question and not much silly I guess.

I recently decided to have a crack at looking for medical residency training in Canada and/or Singapore. My clerkship begins in less than a year and I need to start looking for specialist training and I'm trying to find some abroad. I'm no longer really considering the US as training grounds due to... the way way they do things, professionally and ethically speaking. Not to say that training in the Philippines suck, but I want to broaden my skills and horizons elsewhere.

So yeah can anyone point me to any good websites or something for information on applying on the Canada's and Singapore's medical licensure exams and any special requirements regarding training fields, level of education etc? I'm more familiar with the way the US does things so I'm not acquainted with these two countries.
Specialist training in which field?

As far as I know, if you are a foreigner, you have to complete a longer term of service before being able to practice here than a local graduate.

This would be a clearer indication than to what TRL provided, however I do recommend reading everything else he provided to get a better idea. I don't see any Filipino degrees under the Body Granting tab....so I am not sure about the approval of yours. I would suggest dropping an email to the MOH to enquire more.

Regarding ethics, you have to suck it up to something called the HOTA. A number of my foreign friends view this as unethical, so I don't know how you would feel about it.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 22:52   Link #3911
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Because threads about anime conventions are usually located in General Anime and not in General Chat?
Can't find this year's Anime convention thread anywhere in the forum ( including general anime) Ojisan .

Search only showed the very old threads regarding it .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 17:36   Link #3912
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well I'm not really if this deserves a new topic, and if it does then where should I throw it at but I guess I'll try my luck at this thread first.

I got a dakimakura cover from some magazine some time ago. I've never washed it yet, and there are no stains on it but it doesn't smell very good anymore so I figured I should wash it. However, there are no instructions or whatsoever on the dakimakura or anywhere else for that matter.

I did google search, but found mostly instructions to hand wash them but I'm really wondering if that really is required ? Seems really troublesome ... So can they be machinewashed, and if they can .. Then at what temperature etc. ?
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:13   Link #3913
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well I'm not really if this deserves a new topic, and if it does then where should I throw it at but I guess I'll try my luck at this thread first.

I got a dakimakura cover from some magazine some time ago. I've never washed it yet, and there are no stains on it but it doesn't smell very good anymore so I figured I should wash it. However, there are no instructions or whatsoever on the dakimakura or anywhere else for that matter.

I did google search, but found mostly instructions to hand wash them but I'm really wondering if that really is required ? Seems really troublesome ... So can they be machinewashed, and if they can .. Then at what temperature etc. ?
Stick it in the washing machine in the clothes bag. If you know how to wash your own clothes, use a washboard and warm water.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 23:30   Link #3914
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
I have no idea what clothes bag is, haha. Is there a reason why that should be used ? It's not me who washes the clothes in this house, but my mum said that I should just use the washing machine .. why would anything happen.

Well, I am wondering the same, and the need of using handwash / clothes bag or whatever.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 01:50   Link #3915
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I have no idea what clothes bag is, haha. Is there a reason why that should be used ? It's not me who washes the clothes in this house, but my mum said that I should just use the washing machine .. why would anything happen.

Well, I am wondering the same, and the need of using handwash / clothes bag or whatever.
I think that what Saintess means by a "clothes bag" is a mesh washing bag, the kind of bag you put your socks in so that they don't get separated in the washing machine.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 08:32   Link #3916
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Okay here's a question. I visited an old hideout (I love libraries...they don't ditch you unlike untrustworthy friends) and borrowed a book called Idiot America : How Stupidity Became A Virtue In The Land Of The Free by Charles P. Pierce.

It is a brilliant read, never came across a book which is able to amalgamate scathing humour and insulting criticism together perfectly in one tight volume. One issue it brought up is the widespread marketing of diluted and stupidified religion that it ends up in cases like Terri's Law and megachurches having political power.

With a local megachurch buying over shares of a convention hall and harvesting blinded minds to boost ranks in the city, is it possible for US to export its stupidity along with its services, brands and information, like the way the Iraq War and Climate reports are edited accordingly and marketed to masses through globalisation?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 08:37   Link #3917
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Okay here's a question. I visited an old hideout (I love libraries...they don't ditch you unlike untrustworthy friends) and borrowed a book called Idiot America : How Stupidity Became A Virtue In The Land Of The Free by Charles P. Pierce.

It is a brilliant read, never came across a book which is able to amalgamate scathing humour and insulting criticism together perfectly in one tight volume. One issue it brought up is the widespread marketing of diluted and stupidified religion that it ends up in cases like Terri's Law and megachurches having political power.

With a local megachurch buying over shares of a convention hall and harvesting blinded minds to boost ranks in the city, is it possible for US to export its stupidity along with its services, brands and information, like the way the Iraq War and Climate reports are edited accordingly and marketed to masses through globalisation?
Stupidity is like a Staphylococcus aureus infection: you know it's there and it's on everyone, but you never get infected until you put your guard down.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 11:08   Link #3918
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
I am still wondering why it should be used though ? Since it's my mum washing the clothes and whatever, she would ask from me what that was used for and if I couldnt give a reason well... She might just put there as it is.

She wouldnt put any other clothes with it so getting colors mixed isn't really a problem .. And what about the temperatures ?
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 11:39   Link #3919
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I am still wondering why it should be used though ? Since it's my mum washing the clothes and whatever, she would ask from me what that was used for and if I couldnt give a reason well... She might just put there as it is.

She wouldnt put any other clothes with it so getting colors mixed isn't really a problem .. And what about the temperatures ?
You hand wash cause of the temperature, I hardly wash my bra's and fine printed T's in the washing machine because it ruins the quality. Prints get damaged too quickly and sometimes it is a waste of cash to run the washer for just one shirt just because you cannot wash it with anything else

A washing bag.. if I think what it is you are talking about then you use it for curtains. The curtains here hang with small metal hooks that are bound to the inside, in order to not damage the washing machine you wash them in a cloth bag (saves you hours of hook removing). That was if a hook lets lose you do not have it damaging up parts from the inside, same with possible change in your pocket. That is what I think you mean, a bag in which you put the dirty clothing to put in the washing machine
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 13:33   Link #3920
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well hand wash is fine I suppose but I really don't know how to go about it. What does it exactly mean, and what kind of detergent (right word? ) should I use. When I read about it on google, all the suggestions were, well of course, for brands sold in USA so they meant nothing to me.

My mum definitely won't hand wash it for me, and as I've never washed anything for myself .. with machine or by hand, I'm quite lost here.. sorry
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.