AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Old 2004-09-12, 13:19   Link #1
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Apterous
Clamp's WISH

CLAMP animated their manga "Wish" not into a full anime series, but a 2 1/2 minute music video. It is original CLAMP animation though, and I thought you might like to list this. Song translated by Sailor Spork Productions.

http://a.scarywater.net/spork/
Old 2004-09-13, 01:33   Link #2
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Not planning on posting it? In its defence, its not an "anime music video," its a few minutes of original CLAMP animation displaying the characters, set to theme music. CLAMP did other videos like this, like "CLAMP in Wonderland." Just wondering what your stand is on it.
Old 2004-09-13, 02:04   Link #3
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

It's yet undecided.

We noticed that it's not a (fanmade) AMV. But even if it's original CLAMP it looks more like a trailer or an omake than an anime.

AnimeSuki does list trailers or omake if they are related to an actual anime, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Old 2004-09-13, 02:31   Link #4
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

I can see where there might be room for debate. ANN Encyclopedia lists it as a stand alone "Special." http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...me.php?id=1175

Anidb lists it as "Music Other," but seems to group it as an episode of the "Clamp in Wonderland" music video specials.
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=2534

Out of curiosity, by your definition, would you list the "Clamp in Wonderland" specials since they include cameos of characters from other known anime shows (like RayEarth)?

I need to find more of these "Clamp in Wonderland" videos and find out how their all related to each other.
Old 2004-09-13, 11:47   Link #5
Ialdaboth

I think there was a "Clover" special too, doesn't it ?

That is a special I would like to see...

The Clamp in Wondreland was quite funny.
Old 2004-09-13, 14:56   Link #6
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
I think there was a "Clover" special too, doesn't it ?

That is a special I would like to see...

The Clamp in Wondreland was quite funny.

That would be cool... I didn't see anything about a Clover special, but I did find something about a really long X MV special with 4 X-Japan songs (called Double X or X^2). If anyone can hook me up with the X or Clover specials (in any quality), let me know so our group can sub it... I've had a lot of trouble tracking down any sort of raws for these (they're obscure and over a decade old). We prolly won't do CLAMP in Wonderland since HnK did that already and did a good job.
Old 2004-09-13, 16:29   Link #7
Ialdaboth

Clover clip data. If I remember well it was shown in Japan before a Sakura movie and don't know if it has had a DVD or VHS release. T_T

The final X clip is splendid ^^ . Wasn't it the same team than the movie ?
Old 2004-09-13, 23:22   Link #8
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Clover clip data. If I remember well it was shown in Japan before a Sakura movie and don't know if it has had a DVD or VHS release. T_T

The final X clip is splendid ^^ . Wasn't it the same team than the movie ?
I think so. That clip was made as a preview/prequil to the X movie. I'm thinking of subbing it too, if I can get my hands on a copy.

Oh, who can read chinese and has a shipping address in Taiwan? I found an eBay posting of the Wish video/CD set.
http://cgi.tw.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=WDVW
Old 2004-09-13, 23:31   Link #9
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

If this gets added, I would ask for our copy of CLAMP in Wonderland to be retroactively added, as that would by logic reverse the decision. =p

(The Wish clip is -old-, and is the only animated Wish to exist. There are drama CDs and even a "soundtrack", but no anime is planned to my knowledge.)
Old 2004-09-13, 23:37   Link #10
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
If this gets added, I would ask for our copy of CLAMP in Wonderland to be retroactively added, as that would by logic reverse the decision. =p

(The Wish clip is -old-, and is the only animated Wish to exist. There are drama CDs and even a "soundtrack", but no anime is planned to my knowledge.)
I've been talking to them about listing Wish, there's been heavy internal debate. I brought "Clamp in Wonderland" up too. Can of worms, all this.

edit: By the way, I loved Clamp in Wonderland. Was there a 2nd, or was "Wish" CiW2?