AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 19:26   Link #5481
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Is Nena 2 a clone?
Either that or the original genetic stock that was combined with Ribbons' DNA to make Nena in the first place.

I'm most interested in the new spaceship lineart that we saw... unless that's just a top-down view of the upgraded ESF ship, which I doubt.
Old 2010-06-30, 20:42   Link #5482
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

00 Raiser R2? Lame. Hopefully he has that first and it gets scrapped in favor of the Qan, which is far cooler.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 21:07   Link #5483
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Either that or the original genetic stock that was combined with Ribbons' DNA to make Nena in the first place.

I'm most interested in the new spaceship lineart that we saw... unless that's just a top-down view of the upgraded ESF ship, which I doubt.
It looks like the former A-Laws battleship with some new additions.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 21:44   Link #5484
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You know, I think I see Nena 2's character line art. The image is fuzzy...but it somewhat does look like her.
Always thought it look exactly like her.

Quote:
Yay...a 00 R2...because I TOTALLY didn't wanna see what MS are shooting purple beams already. -_-

Any moneys bet the two haros are for Gundam Harute.
Well, I actually do not want them to reveal everything before the movie. That will moot the surprise of actually watching the weapon in question in the theaters. [something we would not be doing but alot of lucky Japanese will]

The goal is to tease but not reveal all. They've done their job well so far in that regard.

Quote:
I wonder why Nena is being brought back. Wish the creators had brought back Johann instead.
Johann was uninteresting to me, I liked Nena more. We need more cute looking murderous evil girls. Of course, the whole issue does not matter too much as a whole.

Then again, we have not confirmed whether this is Nena or just another Nena lookalike. This is a series where lookalikes are all over the place. Case in point the many Anews, Ribbons, Brings, etc in the world. It would be interesting to see if this "Nena"'s goal is significant in some way, regardless of what she is. Because the likeness is definitely done on purpose even to the VA.

Quote:
Nena isn't coming back, the new character just looks like her, and shares the same voice actor, am I correct on that someone?
We do not know whether this is Nena or looklike. The likeness is done on purpose of course, but as I've said what her role is suppose to be is unknown at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
00 Raiser R2? Lame. Hopefully he has that first and it gets scrapped in favor of the Qan, which is far cooler.
I do not think what you've said is far from the truth. I do not think their planning to just usurp 00 Qan[T] that they've been building up all this time as the main lead MS.

But this introduction is nice, because we know 00 Raiser was repaired and tested in the timeskip, just to give CB some semblance of a force. It is good to see it appearing here, whatever its role is.

And if those new grey contraptions ARE Condensers, that's even more awesome. It looks much more better than putting them in a cone that look exactly like its GN Drives. [I'm looking at you 00 7 Sword/G]

The real reason its being brought back is probably so Bandai can take advantage of re-releasing the 00 Raiser runners in another form again though.

Dynames Repair is nowhere to be seen though. I believe the concept never materialize, at least its beginning to appear that way.
Old 2010-06-30, 22:35   Link #5485
velocity7

It looks like we're getting a new variant of the 00 Gundam coming in:

Spoiler:

I wonder what justifies the blocky design on top of the GN drive cones?

Comes from this stream, was streamed live. Director Mizushima was also present to see himself on his own laptop:

EDIT: Not only that, it looks like the 0 Raiser unit is getting a variant as well; the cockpit appears to be either covered with extra armor, or omitted altogether. Blue coloring under the Raiser unit has also changed compared to the regular one:

Spoiler:

Last edited by velocity7; 2010-06-30 at 22:50.
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 22:52   Link #5486
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
EDIT: Not only that, it looks like the 0 Raiser unit is getting a variant as well; the cockpit appears to be either covered with extra armor, or omitted altogether. Blue coloring under the Raiser unit has also changed compared to the regular one:

The only difference in this particular image is the fact that the GN particle antenna on the 00-Raiser's wings are deployed, instead of folded in like in the original lineart. You can still see that the coloration of the underside of the O-Raiser as seen in your image is still blue, and the entire unit itself is still there as per the art you quoted. The only real difference with the O-Raiser is the grey sensor canopy changed from the orange of the original.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 22:53   Link #5487
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The only differences in this particular image is the fact that the GN particle antenna on the 00-Raiser's wings are deployed, instead of folded in like in the original lineart. You can still see that the coloration of the underside of the O-Raiser as seen in your image is still blue, and the entire unit itself is still there as per the art you quoted. The only real difference with the O-Raiser is the grey sensor canopy changed from the orange of the original.

Oh, you might be right.

EDIT: If indeed (yet again) another variant of 00 Gundam/Raiser is being put out, here's my take on what it means:

1. The 0-Raiser-less version, with those weird blocks is either a GN condenser version, or a stabilizer system to allow 100% sync without the need for 0 Raiser.
2. 00 Raiser version has been modified to be automated, without need for a pilot and probably allows Raiser Sword on its own.
Old 2010-07-01, 05:04   Link #5488
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Regarding Raiser Sword:

Presumably this 00 Repair [that's what I've been calling it since Seven Sword/G, I'm not personally sure about the status of the name yet. Clarification on the R2 name would be nice if someone would entertain me] is not going to be using a GN Drive because of the new contraption replacing the cones visually. It looks similar to the Drive-Condenser used on 0 Gundam ACD in terms of "nature" [IE how it looks].

Regardless though, its unlikely its going to be able to have a Twin Drive due to the lack of a compatible set even if it is using GN Drive[s]. [And I'm sure the moment they do have a compatible set again they'll use it on the 00 Qan[t]]. And because of this probability, its unlikely to have a Raiser Sword as well since 2 Drive-Condenser 00 can only go Trans-Am for 0.03 seconds, just to fire a normal Trans-Am shot.
Old 2010-07-01, 10:10   Link #5489
Yavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
And why Billy and the nena look alike are surprised at something?
They are? I though Nena2 always looked likes he was very very worried in that scene. Billy just looked very determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Live stream pictures in the Gundam 00 staff's office:
Spoiler for In the office:
Well I think that almost clinches it. The Nena2 in The Gundam00 movie really is the "real Nena" come back to life. I hardly think that a clone would wear shorts and thighhihgs just like Nena Trinity always did.

The character gallery on the wall however show thre images of Nena2. Two showing her in the loabcoat+shorts and thighhighs, and one where she isn't wearing the labcoat.

Those shorts seem to be purple... but the thighhighs seem to be black this time.

hmm there also seem to be three imags of other people wearing labcoats.

Quote:
Nena isn't coming back, the new character just looks like her, and shares the same voice actor, am I correct on that someone?
See the wallposter. Giving her the same appearance and same voice would be oen thing... but having her wear an extremly simmilar outfit? No, I really do think this is the real Nena now. Why else didn't they post her profile among the other revealed characters? Notice that her character image is placed between Billy and Kathi... so logically she should have been posted along with them on the Gundam00 homepage.

Last edited by Yavie; 2010-07-01 at 13:59.
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 10:23   Link #5490
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
A cameo of 007s would be nice.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 13:49   Link #5491
velocity7

Wasn't Nena created by Ribbons? It wouldn't be out of the question to have another clone who looks just like Nena, same voice actor and all.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:51   Link #5492
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Wasn't Nena created by Ribbons? It wouldn't be out of the question to have another clone who looks just like Nena, same voice actor and all.
Created BY Ribbons? No. Created FROM Ribbons? Yes.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:51   Link #5493
Kittenlady

Whichever it is, I'm looking forward to it. I love Nena, she's special.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 13:56   Link #5494
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
That was my thinking.

It wouldn't be much different than Glemy Toto creating multiple Purus.
Old 2010-07-01, 14:03   Link #5495
Yavie

Quote:
That was my thinking.

It wouldn't be much different than Glemy Toto creating multiple Purus.
But there was never any indication that multiples Nena's had been created. But even if that had been the case, her choice of clothes itself hints at that she isn't "just a clone".
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:23   Link #5496
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If I'm not mistaken, one chapter of 00I revealed the scientist who created Team Trinity, and it wasn't Ribbons.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:31   Link #5497
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If I'm not mistaken, one chapter of 00I revealed the scientist who created Team Trinity, and it wasn't Ribbons.
Right, but Trinity creation was ordered by Ribons/Corner and If I'm not mistaken, they(Trinities) were result of union of common human genetics + Inovade(Ribons) genetics, Nena2 seen in the movie trailer can be merely the human donor that originated Nena, which would mean that Trinities shared the same Inovade DNA donor but not same person(Human) DNA donor which esplains why they had very different physical aspects.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:21   Link #5498
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

I still, and always will doubt, till we get confirmation, that this new Nena lookalike is really Nena.

She fullfilled her purpose of being totally useless and lame back in the series. Gives us new characters, not lameass returns of ones that are dead.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 17:39   Link #5499
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
Right, but Trinity creation was ordered by Ribons/Corner and If I'm not mistaken, they(Trinities) were result of union of common human genetics + Inovade(Ribons) genetics, Nena2 seen in the movie trailer can be merely the human donor that originated Nena, which would mean that Trinities shared the same Inovade DNA donor but not same person(Human) DNA donor which esplains why they had very different physical aspects.
So this would make em a human/innovade hybrid?

Was wondering y the trintys( being made from ribbons DNA)didn't resemble ribbons at all and wasn't aware another human donar was involved.

Well the only way nena could of survived is by transfering her data ( if she has any) over to Veda and even if that was the case, tieria surely would of sealed it away like he did with ribbons. So I would go with the donar idea mentioned above.
Old 2010-07-01, 18:26   Link #5500
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
I still, and always will doubt, till we get confirmation, that this new Nena lookalike is really Nena.

She fullfilled her purpose of being totally useless and lame back in the series. Gives us new characters, not lameass returns of ones that are dead.
Probably hard to confirm the identiy of this redhead at this point in time. I personal think its a new character myself although only time will tell the answer. The Nena's genetic mother theory certainly is interesting.

I always find Nena an interesting side character, I never expected much from her in S2 and I never knew why most people did, I sort of knew how Sunrise likes to use their side characters after R2 aired. And she played some interesting pivotal points in the series from Louise's family massacre to giving CB the Memento Mori's internal contruct plan so they can launch their attack in S2E13, when Liu Mei did not want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
So this would make em a human/innovade hybrid?

Was wondering y the trintys( being made from ribbons DNA)didn't resemble ribbons at all and wasn't aware another human donar was involved.

Well the only way nena could of survived is by transfering her data ( if she has any) over to Veda and even if that was the case, tieria surely would of sealed it away like he did with ribbons. So I would go with the donar idea mentioned above.
It was made partially from Ribbons DNA. We still do not know how much. Given the level of CB genetic engineering in 00's day and age [the Innovades genes were artificially architectured rather than involve nature, then it was a simple matter of contructing the human, much in the same way you would design and then build a MS to pre-created design], its certainly not much to just place a bit of Ribbons' DNA and combine it with another person to make a new human.

Technically, this would make them sort of "part of an Innovade" although we are not sure the level they stand in the QBW hierachy.

Also, I believe 00P has also again stated the ease of cloning a human being by Celestial Being, even a real natural human being. Although it does say that a copy of real human being will take longer to make [an Innovade can be physically contructed in a matter of hours]. Not sure why, could be that they need to analyse and plan a way to re-contruct the exact exact design using their pre-made artificial cells.

Tags
gundam 00 movie