AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-04, 10:30   Link #12561
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Ok, I didn't notice that the guy from the portrait has yellow eyes like DLANOR. It's probably Wright.

But then who is the girl...
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:31   Link #12562
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Rosa and Maria's father?

But I didn't expect him to be that cool...

Anyway the golden eagle... the girl must be connected to the Ushiromiya somehow. Either that or she's a servant...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:32   Link #12563
Sentou
Ace Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MIA
So wait. What if the lady is Beato 2, and Jessica's mother, but Jessica isn't Beato 3?

Oh man, this episode is going to get fucking real, man....
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:33   Link #12564
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Rosa and Maria's father?

But I didn't expect him to be that cool...

Anyway the golden eagle... the girl must be connected to the Ushiromiya somehow. Either that or she's a servant...
Maybe Asumu could wear the one winged eagle. If she was wanted in the family, that would explain the baby change of Asumu and Kyrie.
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:34   Link #12565
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalwitch View Post
Maybe Asumu could wear the one winged eagle. If she was wanted in the family, that would explain the baby change of Asumu and Kyrie.
The woman....
She is wearing the Head's ring...Kinzo's wife ?
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:36   Link #12566
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Uhmmmm

I must say that in the portrait the girl totally looks like Rosa, but if you look at the cover with the portrait done by Ryuukishi it's compeltely different, she doesn't look like Rosa at all, and the hair color is wrong.

If anything she does resemble like an older version of Jessica.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:37   Link #12567
Sentou
Ace Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MIA
The woman could be Jessica in the future. As for Kinzo's wife, that is not possible, as while his wife did look like portrait Beatrice, her hair was not blonde.

But do be aware, they could also simply be fantasy characters who represent something else entirely. Still, I'm banking on there being some connection to Jessica.
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:37   Link #12568
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uhmmmm

I must say that in the portrait the girl totally looks like Rosa, but if you look at the cover with the portrait done by Ryuukishi it's compeltely different, she doesn't look like Rosa at all, and the hair color is wrong.

If anything she does resemble like an older version of Jessica.
I still believe the woman is Asumu. I mean, come on, Ep7 would be a GREAT chance to get her into the story.
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:37   Link #12569
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 61
__________________
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:38   Link #12570
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
The woman....
She is wearing the Head's ring...Kinzo's wife ?
There's no way Kinzo's wife ever wore that ring. But since that woman appears in the portrait there's a high chance she's wearing Kinzo's ring.


That's it! This is Jessica from a future she survived!
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:39   Link #12571
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
This woman...the hairs...ROSA ?
And the man have an anchor pendent...and a single...RED HAIR ? Hooo RUDOLF ? You are kidding me...right ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalwitch View Post
Just noticed! In the table there is that butterfly Beato gave to Shannon! Does that mean that the person there is the actual Beatrice?

And for more, thee woman wears the one winged eagle.

Still looking for more details
Don't forget their is also a bucket with roses besides the butterfly. I guess thats really meant to indicate this is the real Beatrice.

But why the anchor? I don't get it. IIRC noone ever had anything like this before.
But I wouldn't put it past Kinzo to look like this.

At least all the eagle in the picture and the Beato portrait behind indicate that this is really made on the island.

The red hair looks weird... almost as if the painter thought its funny to put his own "note" to this. And whats up with painting portraits in portraits?

But I don't think this resembles Rosa at all... Jessica mother come to mind much more IMO.
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:41   Link #12572
ameskitty
Kupo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sleeping
Age: 23
MORE CHARACTERS WHAT O__o? On first glance, the blondie looks a lot like an older Jessica (especially in the screenshot), and, well, with her having the butterfly I kind of find myself looking at the other guy a little closer *cough*. (geez, now I really want to reread EP6 to check my theory so I can post it, but right now I guess there's little point with the English patch imminent)

At the risk of making myself wrong, and taking into account the limited drawing style and that strand of red hair, Asumu and the "other" Battler are going to be my actual guesses.

OP's okay - it's fittingly epic, but I liked the other two better. Plus the footage is almost entirely recap :P.
__________________

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:41   Link #12573
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's no way Kinzo's wife ever wore that ring. But since that woman appears in the portrait there's a high chance she's wearing Kinzo's ring.


That's it! This is Jessica from a future she survived!
If Rokkenjima was destroyed because a natural incident/a bomb/something, there's no way they would have a portrait made in there.
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:41   Link #12574
Lemon Ice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So what if the two new guys are actually Jessica and Kanon? In the future XD
Lol, nice idea XD
Also Asumu is a possibility

Maybe the last game will be "Troll of the golden witch"
and then by combining all the first letters... we get... BATTLER'D
Yup, we got BATTLER'D.
8D

Quote:
But I wouldn't put it past Kinzo to look like this.
You've just killed an Ushiromiya.

Quote:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 61
lol
Lemon Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:42   Link #12575
Sentou
Ace Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MIA
Well, if it Asumu, then it very well may be Jessica's mother. Poor Nappy.
Something like this is only to be expected though, Jessica's origin is more or less dubious.
It could all be MEANINGLESS, mind you, but the resemblance is striking.
I am stoked for the 15th, I can tell you that much.

But anyways, oh wow, quite a few viewers in this thread. Hi /jp/!
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:42   Link #12576
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdri View Post
Don't forget their is also a bucket with roses besides the butterfly. I guess thats really meant to indicate this is the real Beatrice.

But why the anchor? I don't get it. IIRC noone ever had anything like this before.
But I wouldn't put it past Kinzo to look like this.

At least all the eagle in the picture and the Beato portrait behind indicate that this is really made on the island.

The red hair looks weird... almost as if the painter thought its funny to put his own "note" to this. And whats up with painting portraits in portraits?

But I don't think this resembles Rosa at all... Jessica mother come to mind much more IMO.
The red hair is related to Battler and Ange...
Hoo...Battler real parents, BOTH, not only Asumu...
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:43   Link #12577
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Larger picture:
Spoiler for size:
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:43   Link #12578
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalwitch View Post
I still believe the woman is Asumu. I mean, come on, Ep7 would be a GREAT chance to get her into the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's no way Kinzo's wife ever wore that ring. But since that woman appears in the portrait there's a high chance she's wearing Kinzo's ring.


That's it! This is Jessica from a future she survived!
I'm hesitant in believing that it is either Asumu or Kinzo's wife. Given how closely she resembles the Beatrice from the portrait... someone would have said something if Asumu or Kinzo's wife looked like that.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:44   Link #12579
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
These new characters, and those few new but rather weird backgrounds shown somehow give me the feeling that this episode might show the world after the Rokkenjima Mass Murder Incident, but from the POV of real detectives, not Ange. Or something like that.

What is especially bugging me is that one background of forest that flashes in the opening. That kind of forest does not look like it would exist in Japan (are those spruces?).
__________________
If not counting the spider and the dog, I'm the best!
Verg Avesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:45   Link #12580
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeyume View Post
Anyone see the ring on that lady's hand. Maybe that's the ring of the Ushiromiya head.
We already said that. Please read the thread
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.