AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-05, 22:29   Link #101
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
OMG! that silly ED was from atsuko & katsu

What's next Yousei Teikoku unplugged for a new Naruto/Bleach ED
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:35   Link #102
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OMG! that silly ED was from atsuko & katsu
You say silly like it's a bad thing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:41   Link #103
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
You say silly like it's a bad thing.
LOL, that's because IT IS

angela has done some of my favourite OP/EDs and this not the direction I expected them to go
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:43   Link #104
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
And so my uphill ideological battle continues.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 23:28   Link #105
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
You say silly like it's a bad thing.
What a silly thing to say. Lol.
__________________
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:34   Link #106
Erythraeum
Let's be friends~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: from Italy to... Philippines!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
SnI = Light Novel
SYD = 4-koma manga
yep, but I talk about the anime!
Erythraeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:15   Link #107
brain
house music addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I don't think I laughed watching this, but I had a living room full of people laughing at Mitsudomoe. I'll watch another episode to see if they improve upon the timing at all.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:23   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Eh , ahem . Another Seitokai show , well with fast joke ..

Didn't laugh much , some joke was "ok" some not hilarious ..

Pervert Seitokai , seems like talking "H" don't bother them .

Give a try for ep 2 .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 18:46   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 59
I really rather enjoyed this. The artwork, the animation, the camera direction, and the comedic timing are good.

Good gods, that poor student council president is just drenched in hormones, she's beside herself not knowing what to do. Nice dry line delivery by the male lead's seiyuu.

More likely to stick with this than Mitsudomoe(different type of humor) but the season is still early.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 18:46   Link #110
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
I agree with Sho. Humour ain't my style; some made me smile, but none made me even chuckle.

To be fair though, having the females be ecchi is not very common (apart from B Gata H Kei, nothing comes to mind), so the prez is kinda interesting. Can't say the same thing about the secretary or the loli-lookalike.

Don't get me wrong, its still watchable. Probably finish the series if it keeps up, but really, I'd be only watching the show merely just to pass the time rather than something enjoyable.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 19:48   Link #111
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Manila, Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Well that was a nice episode, not "greatest thing on earth" stuff but it was good for a first ep. Although when I think that way it is a good thing

Probably because it brought a different view to the table that made me "heh" to myself more than anything this season so far. There was no "LOL" coming out of me, but god knows I want to spare my poisoned stomach from time to time.

The first thing that comes to mind, was of course the instant memories of SnI. But I liked how the 3 girls just totally figured out guys go to that school to get a harem, and then they hand him his very own by making him join the council

One other nice aspect I like about this, is I can make my very own "happy hour" watch Kaichou wa Maid-sama, then follow that with Yakuindomo. Now I get to see student council stuff of guys-dominates-girls and then girls-dominates-guys. There is now balance to the Force!

But my viking hammer, Suzu sure is small! How amusing I can follow back-to-back season of tiny blonde girls(Dai Maou). Speaking of that, whose idea was it to make these girls small...

I swear, I'm not in this series for Suzu! Don't start to "lolitron" chants now you sillies...

Wonder if Shino will fall in love with the guy, would like to see that...

I'm sticking around for episode 02, and hopefully till series' end.
__________________

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, holes closing one by one...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:23   Link #112
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Not my cup of tea, I guess. I didn't really laugh at all the entire episode. Maybe a mild snicker here or there at the potty humor of it, but zzzz......

When you have to harp on the same handful of jokes 3x each in the first episode it doesn't bode well IMHO...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:58   Link #113
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 46
Liked it, quite a bit. Pretty fun, in fact ^_^

Unfortunately, I doubt that Shino will develop anything on the male lead. Make slippery jokes, absolutely. But falling in love? Naah...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 09:51   Link #114
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Manila, Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Unfortunately, I doubt that Shino will develop anything on the male lead. Make slippery jokes, absolutely. But falling in love? Naah...
Yeah, comedies rarely take this route. Now if the guy fell for her,.... maybe I don't really see romance in this series after all now that I think about how it can't get that serious.

Which is a good thing, I think. Liked how Aria talked about habits, I've got one of my own: every time I'm thinking heavily, I twirl my mustache (it's long, I'm talking Waluigi long ). It's probably going to be an unbreakable habit seeing as how I'm always thinking
__________________

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, holes closing one by one...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:11   Link #115
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Not my cup of tea, I guess. I didn't really laugh at all the entire episode. Maybe a mild snicker here or there at the potty humor of it, but zzzz...... When you have to harp on the same handful of jokes 3x each in the first episode it doesn't bode well IMHO...
Maybe it would be interesting if I tried to describe some of the things I found so funny about this episode, which I have now watched three times. The first thing I really liked was Shino walking toward him in front of the school, the way they made her sway from side to side menacingly, and the determined but slightly silly and self-important look on her face. They guys on the train holding their hands above their heads so as not to be accused of molesting the giris was pretty riveting, too, although not exactly funny.

I liked the bizarre way they had Suzu kick him: the first sight of her at half his height, then the way the shoe slipped off her foot so slowly.

I liked some of the repetition for itself. The rhythm of the repeat of tying the tie, for example. The little signs above Suzu's half-visible head. The girls' assumption that all guys are "perverted" experts in adult videos, etc., was funny and interesting and bore thinking about semi-seriously. Is it true? In what way? Why shouldn't girls think that? Why shouldn't girls be like that, too? Shino's apparently cool and analytical way of looking at our hero was interesting in this context, especially when she said definitely that she was sexually "normal." Is there really no chance of a relationship?

I liked the warped consistency of the characters. Shino is so perfectly strong and capable that she can go too far and mention the unmentionable with perfect confidence, and push logic beyond its normal realm.

Her lying there for the interview was hilarious, and the interviewer lying beside her was even funnier.

The girl in the video replying "giggle" when asked her name was a treat. So was the serious and exasperated but vulnerable look on Shino's face peering into the monitor at the end.

Nothing was "laugh out loud" funny -- except maybe the prone interview -- but the whole thing had a consistent level of understated humor -- I might say "silliness" -- that made it very enjoyable for me to watch.

It also conveys the feeling of the original comic better than any 4-koma adaptation I can remember.

Combining her excellent performances in the leading roles of both this and Occult Academy, this appears to be Hikasa Youko's breakthrough season, as big for her as her first season as Mio in K-On. Yahagi Sayuri (Suzu), Satou Satomi (Aria), and Asanuma Shintarou (Takatoshi) are amusing, too.
__________________
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-07 at 11:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:35   Link #116
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Manila, Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Nothing was "laugh out loud" funny -- except maybe the prone interview -- but the whole thing had a consistent level of understated humor -- I might say "silliness" -- that made it very enjoyable for me to watch.
Heh, "prone interview". That's the best way to put it

I especially liked her excuses for doing so

But man, 3 times. Wish I can do that for every thing I watch. Then my lost 3 years would come back a lot faster
__________________

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, holes closing one by one...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:53   Link #117
CWW
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Haters gonna hate.

Surprisingly, I didn't find bits of Ritsu in Aria's voice at all. That is evidence of great voice acting. Meanwhile, you can definitely recognize Mio in Shino for better or worse.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:57   Link #118
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Surprisingly, I didn't find bits of Ritsu in Aria's voice at all.
Satomi Satou's using her "Otome Tsuzuki" voice here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:11   Link #119
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Strangely, watching her in Mayoi Neko, I sometimes got reminded of Ritsu's 'funny voice', but not so in this show.
ID555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:21   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe it would be interesting if I tried to describe some of the things I found so funny about this episode, which I have now watched three times. The first thing I really liked was Shino walking toward him in front of the school, the way they made her sway from side to side menacingly, and the determined but slightly silly and self-important look on her face. They guys on the train holding their hands above their heads so as not to be accused of molesting the giris was pretty riveting, too, although not exactly funny.

I liked the bizarre way they had Suzu kick him: the first sight of her at half his height, then the way the shoe slipped off her foot so slowly.

I liked some of the repetition for itself. The rhythm of the repeat of tying the tie, for example. The little signs above Suzu's half-visible head. The girls' assumption that all guys are "perverted" experts in adult videos, etc., was funny and interesting and bore thinking about semi-seriously. Is it true? In what way? Why shouldn't girls think that? Why shouldn't girls be like that, too? Shino's apparently cool and analytical way of looking at our hero was interesting in this context, especially when she said definitely that she was sexually "normal." Is there really no chance of a relationship?

I liked the warped consistency of the characters. Shino is so perfectly strong and capable that she can go too far and mention the unmentionable with perfect confidence, and push logic beyond its normal realm.

Her lying there for the interview was hilarious, and the interviewer lying beside her was even funnier.

The girl in the video replying "giggle" when asked her name was a treat. So was the serious and exasperated but vulnerable look on Shino's face peering into the monitor at the end.

Nothing was "laugh out loud" funny -- except maybe the prone interview -- but the whole thing had a consistent level of understated humor -- I might say "silliness" -- that made it very enjoyable for me to watch.

It also conveys the feeling of the original comic better than any 4-koma adaptation I can remember.

Combining her excellent performances in the leading roles of both this and Occult Academy, this appears to be Hikasa Youko's breakthrough season, as big for her as her first season as Mio in K-On. Yahagi Sayuri (Suzu), Satou Satomi (Aria), and Asanuma Shintarou (Takatoshi) are amusing, too.
This pretty matches my feelings after the first ep. This is a comedy of "quiet humor". Lots and lots of "little humor moments" (like the guys in self-defense mode on the train). Shino is obviously a girl who knows very little about guys outside of "tv stereotypes" but she's bubbling with hormones -- makes for good sexual tension humor rather than the simpler "ecchi harem comedy" slapstick. The other two council members also add a lot, the disorienting "no, its not really an ARIA Alicia clone", and the "short and unhappy about it" which provides a lot of opportunity for dry remarks ("Have fun with that"). I'll probably stick with this series.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.