AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-06, 14:25   Link #13121
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
You know, I've been thinking about the whole 3 year thing with Shannon and George and the op with Hideyoshi sad. Has the possibility ever been brought up that George could be the one responsible for trying to takeover Hideyoshi's company?
No, it has not. In fact, I don't think anybody in this thread paid much attention to the 'three years' bit before I did.

However, the chance for George being capable of forcibly taking over Hideyoshi's company is very slim. It is only possible if he has access to significant monetary resources anyway... like the gold, but if he has the gold, there's no point in fighting over Hideyoshi's company.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:27   Link #13122
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
You know, I've been thinking about the whole 3 year thing with Shannon and George and the op with Hideyoshi sad. Has the possibility ever been brought up that George could be the one responsible for trying to takeover Hideyoshi's company?
I don't know. Possible? I guess that could happen. Do you have anything suggesting that's what happened?

Kanon's been around for at least 3 years too so maybe that's a hint that they can't get married until Kanon accepts them.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:30   Link #13123
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In the Golden toilet.
Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
No, it has not. In fact, I don't think anybody in this thread paid much attention to the 'three years' bit before I did.

However, the chance for George being capable of forcibly taking over Hideyoshi's company is very slim. It is only possible if he has access to significant monetary resources anyway... like the gold, but if he has the gold, there's no point in fighting over Hideyoshi's company.
I disagree. Who doesn't want to abuse Kanon for a stupid reason?

Quote:
George: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! AND THAT DRIPPED KANON CAN COOK THE ONIONS SO HE'D ROT FOR OBJECTING MY LOVE FOR SHANNON
Besides, we'll discover George eating his own food. (Hideyoshi's company is for fast food)

Kanon: I hate this job.

Me: You better. Or George will give you something worse -pedoface-

Kanon: -works faster-

ALMAZ TEXT BELONGS TO ME
__________________
Almazluverdis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:31   Link #13124
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
However it could have been Okonogi who orchestrated the whole operation.
He might have been the one who spread distrust among the other stakeholders and after that he might have created an alliance in order to overthrow Hideyoshi. In that case there are chances that he would be elected as the new CEO.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:32   Link #13125
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi
I've had that thought for a while, but it never made sense cause he wouldn't have the capital to do such a thing like you said. However, consider that maybe he is trying to do something similar to Kinzo's revival of the Ushiromiya family. If he's found the gold, he can't just move it all and convert it into money, he's said that much himself. So he could be raising capital through loans and taking over companies he can foresee doing well in the future, ie. Hideyoshi. Very Kinzo-like no?
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:33   Link #13126
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In the Golden toilet.
Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However it could have been Okonogi who orchestrated the whole operation.
He might have been the one who spread distrust among the other stakeholders and after that he might have created an alliance in order to overthrow Hideyoshi. In that case there are chances that he would be elected as the new CEO.
kolkolkolkolkol

Okonogi VS. Hideyoshi

This is gonna be fun.


ALMAZ TEXT BELONGS TO ME
__________________
Almazluverdis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:35   Link #13127
Roccie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Hey, i have a question... o:

Spoiler:


And question #2:

Spoiler:


I'm sorry, i'm a little slow on this. I've actually only watched the anime, and i'm playing through the first game. But i'm spoilering the crap out of myself, so when i play through the games, i can try and solve the mystery on my own. So i'm super spoilered XD;;

Spoiler:


Sorry for all the questions D: This is only my second post in these forums.
Roccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:36   Link #13128
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Unlikely. George doesn't have any real reason to hate his father, at least for what we know he doesn't. Even if he had resources and money he'd rather try to create his own company than taking over someone else's especially if it's his own father's company.

If you think he's so evil. Then killing off both his father and his mother would be a lot faster.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:40   Link #13129
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi
Mmm, I dunno. I'm working under the impression that George is at the very least pragmatic. While it's a cruel thing to do, it is much more likely you'll succeed if you take something that exists and works rather than creating something completely new. So I'm not sold on your belief he'd rather create his own company. Additionally, it doesn't mean he has to have malice towards his dad to do it.

Coincidentally, it would resolve the whole issue of Shannon's marriage if he effectively cuts ties with his parents and has been waiting 3 years to put this plan into action.
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:41   Link #13130
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccie View Post
Hey, i have a question... o:

Spoiler:
No, but it's a very popular theory believed by most people to be true. And yes Ryukishi said that the epitaph has been solved already, but he never told us by who.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccie View Post
And question #2:

Spoiler:
No. Apart from the fact it's used as a bank account password.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccie View Post
Spoiler:
No the fact about the dragon is actually shown in EP5 and it's simply meant to show how certain riddles cannot be translated and require that you understand the language they are written into in order to solve them.

And it's not Eva-Beatrice but young Eva who said in EP3 that Kinzo's riddle is childish and therefore you don't need to think about stuff too complicated or serious.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:44   Link #13131
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccie View Post
Hey, i have a question... o:

Spoiler:


And question #2:

Spoiler:


I'm sorry, i'm a little slow on this. I've actually only watched the anime, and i'm playing through the first game. But i'm spoilering the crap out of myself, so when i play through the games, i can try and solve the mystery on my own. So i'm super spoilered XD;;

Spoiler:


Sorry for all the questions D: This is only my second post in these forums.
I have speculation for 07151129 in my sig. Nothing really solid. There are other theories for the epitaph in the epitaph section of the forums.
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:45   Link #13132
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccie View Post
Have we pretty much established the Quilian theory for the epitaph is the right answer? Or a different theory? Because i keep hearing the right answer for it has been found...
Quilan/Taiwan and Kogane theory are the answers that are broadly accepted. The answer was said to have been reached a long time ago so we think these are the answers. He never said which theory was the correct one.


Quote:
Have we learned the meaning of 07151129?
It's a PIN number. The possibility also exists that November 29th refers to C.S. Lewis's (an author's) birthday, but that's just my personal theory. Ryukishi said to just look at like a PIN number so it doesn't need a profound meaning or anything.

Quote:
I read in an interview with Ryu07 that the epitaph's mystery is as simple as the english riddle/joke: "Why does the dragon sleep during the day?" in which the answer is "Because he's waiting for the knight." He says its simple like that. Which relates to the fact Eva-Beatrice said the epitaph was like a kid's game... i dunno. Seems interesting to me. Is why i wanna know the answer, so i can go "OHHH. DUHHH."[/spoiler]
It's not simple it's just very childish and complicated. The riddle your thinking of refers to riddles that are harder for foreign people to solve. The answer to your riddle is actually "Because dragons fight nights" a Japanese person wouldn't get this one easily because the word "Night" and "Knight" don't sound the same in japanese. It works the same in english for Japanese riddles.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:46   Link #13133
Roccie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
No, but it's a very popular theory believed by most people to be true. And yes Ryukishi said that the epitaph has been solved already, but he never told us by who.
Spoiler:


Quote:
No. Apart from the fact it's used as a bank account password.
Damn.

Quote:
No the fact about the dragon is actually shown in EP5 and it's simply meant to show how certain riddles cannot be translated and require that you understand the language they are written into in order to solve them.

And it's not Eva-Beatrice but young Eva who said in EP3 that Kinzo's riddle is childish and therefore you don't need to think about stuff too complicated or serious.
Ohh. Okay. I should probably buy episode 5 then so i can understand all this better x_x;;

And i meant Young Eva. I tend to lump the two together XD;;
Roccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:47   Link #13134
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
By the way. The epitaph's solution will be probably revealed in just a few weeks from now.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:49   Link #13135
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
By the way. The epitaph's solution will be probably revealed in just a few weeks from now.
Really? I thought that would be one of the few secrets kept until episode 8. But who knows?
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:49   Link #13136
Roccie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Quilan/Taiwan and Kogane theory are the answers that are broadly accepted. The answer was said to have been reached a long time ago so we think these are the answers. He never said which theory was the correct one.
Yeah, thats what i was thinking...

Quote:
It's a PIN number. The possibility also exists that November 29th refers to C.S. Lewis's (an author's) birthday, but that's just my personal theory. Ryukishi said to just look at like a PIN number so it doesn't need a profound meaning or anything.
Well, he did say "Aside from that, since this 8-number sequence is used as an important PIN number, the numbers themselves must have some significance. Otherwise, those numbers themselves and the large sum of money..."

I was just wondering if we knew the significance yet.

Quote:
It's not simple it's just very childish and complicated. The riddle your thinking of refers to riddles that are harder for foreign people to solve. The answer to your riddle is actually "Because dragons fight nights" a Japanese person wouldn't get this one easily because the word "Night" and "Knight" don't sound the same in japanese. It works the same in english for Japanese riddles.
Yeah, i got that part XD; I read in an interview the answer was "because he's waiting for the knight", but both answers work in the same way. Yeah, i've been reading a lot of Ryu07 interviews recently to try and understand this entire game better.
Roccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:49   Link #13137
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I've been thinking about this after I saw the new opening, but could it be possible that the "actual" bomb is not supposed to harm anyone? More like, it would be a certain "time limit". For example, Kinzo, after having made his epitaph and put it to display, would have put a bomb that would go off on a certain day, on a certain time. If the epitaph would not be solved in time, and the gold would not be found alongside the bomb, the bomb would explode, destroying the gold-room/the tunnel to the gold-room, making it impossible to access the gold anymore. However, what Kinzo did not take into consideration was that the bomb could cause something else to explode too (Volcanic gases?), destroying the whole mansion. Or maybe someone delibirately made sure that the explosion would kill everyone (Like how I theorized that the destroying the shrine would have let the volcanic gases free to flow again).

Just a thought.
__________________
If not counting the spider and the dog, I'm the best!
Verg Avesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:51   Link #13138
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
So I'm not sold on your belief he'd rather create his own company. Additionally, it doesn't mean he has to have malice towards his dad to do it.
He can simply buy out a business that wants to be bought out and save himself the trouble in this case, you see.

While an interpretation where George actually wants to buy his father's business from underneath him as a proof of his abilities makes sense, there's precious little hints to step on for it.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:52   Link #13139
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
Really? I thought that would be one of the few secrets kept until episode 8. But who knows?
This is what I think, as well, especially since I believe there's going to be a Da Vinci Code-style twist where the riddle has two separate answers.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:52   Link #13140
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
@verga avesta

Yeah it's been thought already.... was it Oliver? I don't remember...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.