AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-05, 16:36   Link #2081
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Inevitably drawing closer to the Heaven's Feel route, but in no way at all am I looking forward to it.
Why not?

It's the best route of the lot, in my view (and the view of many others). Just because some people don't like it, that doesn't mean you won't. It's simply impossible to determine what you'll think of Sakura and HF before you play it, because everything that you think you know about her will just evaporate by the half-way point. For instance, I couldn't give a crap about her until I did, and now she's by far my favourite character.

Quote:
I'm kind of stalling by replaying through Unlimited Blade Works to get the Good End for the route, since I got the True End on my first play through. Hopefully I'll make the right choices to get to it.
Use the damn flowchart (it comes with the patch). Or, failing that, watch the Tiger dojo that tells you how to get it....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:04   Link #2082
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Why not?

It's the best route of the lot, in my view (and the view of many others). Just because some people don't like it, that doesn't mean you won't. It's simply impossible to determine what you'll think of Sakura and HF before you play it, because everything that you think you know about her will just evaporate by the half-way point. For instance, I couldn't give a crap about her until I did, and now she's by far my favourite character.
Maybe it's a tad immature and judgemental of me, but I already dislike Sakura a great deal.... more like, I really just don't care about her. I mean, I feel bad for what happened to her and all, but otherwise? I could really care less about her, so the idea of going through a route with her as the main heroine is a little discouraging for me. On top of that, some of the things I've heard about the H scenes in the route has me cringing and just wondering if I can keep replaying UBW and Fate instead.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:17   Link #2083
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Lol, seriously. You had been fooled. There's nothing radical in those H-scenes. Also if you don't like them you can skip those scenes quite easily. And I still don't get why you're so against playing HF.
As Cherry Lover states simply knowing the spoilers wouldn't really tell much about the story. Indeed, without spoiling yourself HF may have greater impact but I can tell you it will have grand effect even by knowing all those plot twists and secrets. And no, it's not solely about Sakura as UBW isn't about just Rin either. To be precise you will know about Rin quite a lot after playing HF. Other than that you get:
-Illya's background and more insight to her character.
-More dissection on Shirou's ideal.
-Kotomine Kirei's true face and his motivations for about everything.
-The truth about the Holy Grail War
-plot twists and an epic finale with incredible battle.

Just made this list for merrymaking.
Anyways, even if you would hate Sakura with passion I think HF worth playing through. It simply answers many of the unanswered questions and can be viewed as the "conclusion" of the game. Although I am sure HF isn't for weak hearts as it plays with your emotions quite much, especially if you care about either of the mentioned(Shirou, Sakura, Illya or well even Kotomine). Also it brings up many moral questions like the infamous Player Punch at the finale you probably already know of.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 07:22   Link #2084
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Maybe it's a tad immature and judgemental of me, but I already dislike Sakura a great deal....
A tad judgemental? You're judging her based on second-hand sources which, quite simply, don't give the full picture. I'd say that's more than a tad judgemental.

Quote:
I mean, I feel bad for what happened to her and all, but otherwise? I could really care less about her, so the idea of going through a route with her as the main heroine is a little discouraging for me.
How can you claim that when you don't really know her yet? You have to play HF to be able to reasonably make that judgement.

Quote:
On top of that, some of the things I've heard about the H scenes in the route has me cringing and just wondering if I can keep replaying UBW and Fate instead.
Really?

On the whole, the HF H-scenes are far better than the other two routes. At least they have more reason behind them than just "lol, I need prana" (especially the last one). If you can cope with Fate and UBW, then you'll be just fine with HF.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:33   Link #2085
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Lol, seriously. You had been fooled. There's nothing radical in those H-scenes. Also if you don't like them you can skip those scenes quite easily. And I still don't get why you're so against playing HF.
As Cherry Lover states simply knowing the spoilers wouldn't really tell much about the story. Indeed, without spoiling yourself HF may have greater impact but I can tell you it will have grand effect even by knowing all those plot twists and secrets. And no, it's not solely about Sakura as UBW isn't about just Rin either. To be precise you will know about Rin quite a lot after playing HF. Other than that you get:
-Illya's background and more insight to her character.
-More dissection on Shirou's ideal.
-Kotomine Kirei's true face and his motivations for about everything.
-The truth about the Holy Grail War
-plot twists and an epic finale with incredible battle.

Just made this list for merrymaking.
Anyways, even if you would hate Sakura with passion I think HF worth playing through. It simply answers many of the unanswered questions and can be viewed as the "conclusion" of the game. Although I am sure HF isn't for weak hearts as it plays with your emotions quite much, especially if you care about either of the mentioned(Shirou, Sakura, Illya or well even Kotomine). Also it brings up many moral questions like the infamous Player Punch at the finale you probably already know of.
I have to admit there are some things I'm curious to see; especially with the dissection of Shirou's ideals and more background on Ilya, who continues to be more and more awesome in the game. I'm sort of just stalling the inevitable since my interest in playing through the route is below zero at the moment, though that could also be because I'm interested in getting the Good End for UBW first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
A tad judgemental? You're judging her based on second-hand sources which, quite simply, don't give the full picture. I'd say that's more than a tad judgemental.
Well, I never denied it.

Quote:
How can you claim that when you don't really know her yet? You have to play HF to be able to reasonably make that judgement.
True enough, but it's not a very good starting point when I already care less about her character; now, I admit that might change as I play through HF, but at the current moment, I don't care for her, I'm not interested in knowing about her, and that's really it. I don't think there's anything wrong with not caring about a character before you go into a route or series; who knows, my opinion of her could change.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:18   Link #2086
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
True enough, but it's not a very good starting point when I already care less about her character; now, I admit that might change as I play through HF, but at the current moment, I don't care for her, I'm not interested in knowing about her, and that's really it. I don't think there's anything wrong with not caring about a character before you go into a route or series; who knows, my opinion of her could change.
Yeah but, like I said, I never really cared about her before playing HF, and I'm now one of her biggest fans. Whilst you're right that there's nothing wrong with saying "I don't care about her" prior to playing HF, there is something wrong with using that as a reason to avoid playing it.

You lack enough information to reasonably judge either Sakura or HF as a whole at the current moment. Yes, you may well play it and decide that you don't like her after all, but your opinions of Sakura following Fate and UBW are in no way sufficient to make the judgement that you won't like HF, because you quite simply know nothing about her until you've played HF.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:20   Link #2087
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah but, like I said, I never really cared about her before playing HF, and I'm now one of her biggest fans. Whilst you're right that there's nothing wrong with saying "I don't care about her" prior to playing HF, there is something wrong with using that as a reason to avoid playing it.

You lack enough information to reasonably judge either Sakura or HF as a whole at the current moment. Yes, you may well play it and decide that you don't like her after all, but your opinions of Sakura following Fate and UBW are in no way sufficient to make the judgement that you won't like HF, because you quite simply know nothing about her until you've played HF.
Well, that's only one of my smaller, less important, honestly very stupid reasons. My main reason is I want to try and get the Good End for UBW first before I get started on HF, since I'd like to be able to get both Ends for the route.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:33   Link #2088
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, that's only one of my smaller, less important, honestly very stupid reasons.
Fair enough....

Quote:
My main reason is I want to try and get the Good End for UBW first before I get started on HF, since I'd like to be able to get both Ends for the route.
Well, I can accept that, because I did the same. But, if that's the case, then go and read the flowchart and see what you have to do, or else find something else that tells you, because whilst it's worth getting it, there's no real 'achievement' in spending weeks and weeks desperately trying to work out how to get it. Just look it up, choose the right decisions and get the ending so that you can go on and play HF.

Hell, I can tell you which options you need now, if you want....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:37   Link #2089
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Also I advise Radiant to set the skip old scenes option which lets her to advance on the story much faster. You wouldn't lose any new scenes but can skip old scenes to get the Good Ending faster.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:56   Link #2090
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Personally HF is a very hate/love route for me. Everything about Sakura herself, I hated for the most part. However, everything about the other characters, was great. This includes Kotomine, even Zoken, Illya, etc. It makes Kotomine seem like a much more complete character.

HF certainly did seem the most surreal of all the arcs though. The whole universe really feels completely different compared to Fate/UBW.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:26   Link #2091
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, I can accept that, because I did the same. But, if that's the case, then go and read the flowchart and see what you have to do, or else find something else that tells you, because whilst it's worth getting it, there's no real 'achievement' in spending weeks and weeks desperately trying to work out how to get it. Just look it up, choose the right decisions and get the ending so that you can go on and play HF.

Hell, I can tell you which options you need now, if you want....
Thank you for the offer, but I happened to get a Dead End while going through the fight with Gilgamesh and ended up with some hints from Chibi!Rin on how to get the Good End, which seems to just consist of making a few Saber choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Also I advise Radiant to set the skip old scenes option which lets her to advance on the story much faster. You wouldn't lose any new scenes but can skip old scenes to get the Good Ending faster.
I think the game is already set that way, unless saving it at a scene kicks that out and makes you play through the game manually.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 16:22   Link #2092
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Personally HF is a very hate/love route for me. Everything about Sakura herself, I hated for the most part. However, everything about the other characters, was great. This includes Kotomine, even Zoken, Illya, etc. It makes Kotomine seem like a much more complete character.
Well, it's a matter of opinion, ultimately. Although, I'm not sure how the hell you could hate Sakura and yet like Zouken....

Quote:
HF certainly did seem the most surreal of all the arcs though. The whole universe really feels completely different compared to Fate/UBW.
Well, I'm not sure I'd describe it as 'surreal', but it's definitely very different. A lot darker and more cynical, in many ways (although, oddly enough, you actually win by taking the arguably more 'idealistic' route and not abandoning the innocent girl because of events that aren't her fault), with much less focus on the actual war (although, paradoxically, it actually comes the closest of the three routes to the true purpose of the war).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Thank you for the offer, but I happened to get a Dead End while going through the fight with Gilgamesh and ended up with some hints from Chibi!Rin on how to get the Good End, which seems to just consist of making a few Saber choices.
Yeah, you need Saber points. Well, all I was going to tell you was which questions to answer in what ways anyway, so that should be OK now.

Quote:
I think the game is already set that way, unless saving it at a scene kicks that out and makes you play through the game manually.
Yeah, I think that the game is set to give you the option to skip already played scenes. You can't skip a scene if you load the middle of it, though (and you can't skip choices, obviously...).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 14:02   Link #2093
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Well, got the Good End for UBW, which was very warm and fuzzy in terms of feelings. I got started on Heaven's Feel today, but I'm only walking Sakura home and already I want to strangle her.... not a very good start at all, bleh. x_x So yeah, if my reaction to the beginning of it is like this, I'm nervous about how I'll take the rest of the route since already my will to go through with it has dropped to below zero.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 14:26   Link #2094
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I finished this one. I don't know why I didn't post here sooner, guess the heat made me forget (97 degrees right now).


Fate: This one had the best romance I think. The love was gradual and he manned up at the right times too. The ending was awesome too. The switching between Shirou's fight and Saber's was really well done. And the music was so awesome. Shirou kicked the most ass in Fate I think.

UBW: I was semi-spoiled about Archer. I always had an incline that he was Shirou but was unsure. Someone made a vague post about it somewhere without spoiler tags and it was enough for me to put two and two together. But the hints about everything were placed perfectly. I didn't think there was enough romance in this one though. Shirou & Rin had their moments, but I thought Rin thought and felt more towards Archer than Shirou. UBW was my favorite. I wished it had more romance, but the whole Archer thing was awesome.

HF: My heart was torn out way too much in that route. I thought Sakura was just pushed around by Shinji but it was well...you know. That route made me rage like crazy too. The effect it had on me, and still does, is proof of how good the storytelling and everything is. It just pains me so much. I mean, the cause her she wanting it ruins any fun. I'm sensitive to this type of thing it would seem.

But I really did love the entire VN. It was the first one I played and I think it may be hard to top it now.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-07-09 at 12:55. Reason: Grammer & spell check.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:55   Link #2095
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, got the Good End for UBW, which was very warm and fuzzy in terms of feelings. I got started on Heaven's Feel today, but I'm only walking Sakura home and already I want to strangle her.... not a very good start at all, bleh. x_x So yeah, if my reaction to the beginning of it is like this, I'm nervous about how I'll take the rest of the route since already my will to go through with it has dropped to below zero.
It starts slow, but it gets...

How to put this.

It will rip your heart out and stomp all over it.

I've read it exactly once, and I have already decided that I will most likely never do so again. The other two routes, yes, (In fact I've already started doing so thanks to inspiration from that story you have over in the Nanoha fanfic threads) but not Heaven's Feel. I'm not saying it isn't well written; it's probably the most emotionally touching and intense of the three routes, and the sheer level of Awesome Stuff that happens manages to rival UBW despite that. It's just also way too draining. I can't put myself through the wringer like that again.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 18:44   Link #2096
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Agreed. Heaven's Feel was painful indeed.

I just did UBW's good end...I think I like it better. It'd make for more fun, heh.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 13:26   Link #2097
Flinch
Onii-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Einzbern Castle
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
and willy knows I always stand against HF because you sacrifice your ideals, you sacrifice who you are. and I don't like Sakura, but that's just an addition.
__________________
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:02   Link #2098
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
and willy knows I always stand against HF because you sacrifice your ideals, you sacrifice who you are. and I don't like Sakura, but that's just an addition.
Yeah, but the thing was he sacrificed them for Sakura.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:10   Link #2099
Flinch
Onii-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Einzbern Castle
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
and? He sacrificed what made him who he was to save someone, making that out of character for him. Fate he absolutely refuses to budge, no matter what; UBW he understands some compromise is needed, HF he just drops them to get laid.
__________________
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:18   Link #2100
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
And I always wonder that did you ever read HF properly dear Flinch...(Welcome back! I haven't seen you here since a month or so. Perhaps it can be that I just missed it somehow.)

Seriously, in HF Shirou became even more awesome and to add sane at least. He learned to have some damn integrity and think about himself a bit more. It's ironic that despite those facts he became more suicidal...but it's more thanks to the plot.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.