AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 04:03   Link #1
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
"Insufficient system resources" error

I'm trying to torrent a batch. However I'm getting this error that says: Insufficient system resources exist for requested service".

I looked around and it dates back from 2008 and has something to do with Kapersky. The strange thing about this is it hasn't acted this way until now and I don't have Kapersky.

Any idea what is?

EDIT: I seem to notice that at the same time, I can't use open the Task Manager.

Last edited by The Bloodlust Kid; 2010-07-12 at 04:22.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 21:24   Link #2
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
"Insufficient system resources" tends to mean what it exactly sounds lie; you don't have enough resources. Usually it means RAM or processing power; the easy solution is to shut off other programs (Like beefed up internet browsers and resource eating programs) and just let the torrent run by itself.

However its weird since this is a torrent program which usually doesn't eat up a lot of resources as is; but try it out.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:14   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't think you looked very hard. This has nothing to do with Kaspersky. Try these links: http://www.google.com/search?q=insuf...dows+resources

If you reboot, can you open the task manager immediately after it boots up again? If not, this sounds more like a malware problem.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:05   Link #4
marsd
*Fansubber

It feels like the RAM or hard disk cannot cope with speed/stress of downloading a full batch.
Depending on what your client is, you can reduce the size of the write cache or increase the rate of flushing to disk.

Generally, if your hard drive is slow but you have adequate RAM, increase the write cache size and reduce the rate of flushing to disk.
marsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 13:43   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

unthrottled torrents can use up resources... try restricting the total number of connections your torrent is generating as well as what marsd is suggesting. As others note, this is more often an issue with smaller/older computers.

I generally use my oldest, slowest computer as my "torrent/ddl shrine" and until the last replacement - system resources were sometimes a problem.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 07:56   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
This is an year old thread.. Nice necro there, marsd.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:11   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

True, but the information even from the old posts might be useful to someone who actually browses before they start a new thread...

Necromancy is only evil here in certain conditions (like ranting at a long dead poster in a fluff thread ).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote