AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-16, 13:55   Link #81
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
if it is a childrens show, then why are you watching it ? you are 18.

i made my friends stop laughing at me for watching this show because i finally succeeded in convincing them that this is not a childrens show, and that therefore i am not a dumb childish nerd who likes cartoons wich is something you only watch till the age of 12 (what they kept telling me and condemming me for)

Ejem...It is a Children Show....just because you, me and most of the people in this forum are over 18, does not mena that the viewing age for this Anime isfor a much older age....why do you think there are a lot of stuff that get edited??? ...is just like Finding Nemo...is a movie orientated for children...but it can be wiew by anyone who likes it........have you seen the Naruto Movie special...almost all of the Fans are Kids...that do not surprass the 13 years...........
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:04   Link #82
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
if it is a childrens show, then why are you watching it ? you are 18.

i made my friends stop laughing at me for watching this show because i finally succeeded in convincing them that this is not a childrens show, and that therefore i am not a dumb childish nerd who likes cartoons wich is something you only watch till the age of 12 (what they kept telling me and condemming me for)
hmm your friends laughed at you ? quit them
many friends of mine watch it, and we are all around 22-24 years old. and no one makes fun of that.
it's not because a show is targeted to kids that it can't be enjoyable by older people, it's obvious (well, for pokemon... )
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:07   Link #83
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I'm glad I'm not hung up on the manga storyline since I don't read the manga. To me this was just a funny filler episode, and it doesn't really matter to me how they introduce the next arc. Ignorance is bliss.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:08   Link #84
Yoska
フランキー
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Suomi
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
It is a children's show.
Thats right. It is a kids show weather you like it or not. Anime keeps up our inner child alive .
__________________
How you doin' ? Feelin' super ?
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:11   Link #85
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid|J
The only thing more hilarious than this episode, is how sour some of you people are getting about your lousy continuity and plot... Let's face facts people. The reason we all watch Naruto is because it's 24 minutes every week where we can turn our brains off and watch some thoroughly enjoyable, if not all that thought-provoking anime. Sure I would have liked this more as a one-shot OVA, since they did kind of leave us on a cliffhanger last week, but holy hell, I'm not gonna get all depressed about it. It was hilarious, low brow humour, and you pedo's got to see Sakura's hind quarters, so stop the bellyaching. They'll get back to the manga's plot when they feel like it, and if you don't like it, feel free to watch something else.
Oh wait you won't, cause bitch all you like, you live, sleep, eat, breathe and shit Naruto... ^^
watch sometthing else ? oh thanks for your advice, but since i'm watchin about 15 different series now......
that's why i don't care much about naruto for now, hehe
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:12   Link #86
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
I bring some pics for this episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:13   Link #87
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MA, USA
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I also want to comment on AnimeHeaven's episode 101; it was fantastic. The encoding, and subbing made the episode come very good; I also really liked how they translated the bird to say "worst episode ever... ever... ever... ever..." lol that was funny.
Thanks, it's nice to know our work is appreciated.
lanfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:16   Link #88
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfear
Thanks, it's nice to know our work is appreciated.
yes, really gokuro sama deshita ^^
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:20   Link #89
Schandmaul
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka2k4
I pity you all who dont have life's.. and all get depressed after seeing a (in your swallowminds) called filler episodes..

Seriously i look down at such ppl all and pity them.. i would drop a peny in front of them if i encountered them IRL..

why get so depressed over a anime?? for pete's sake..

If the anime sucks bigtime quit watching it, quit whining on the forums and start doing things you do like..

Well if you wont succeed in that:



:fingers:

Back ontopic:

I wear a mask beneath this mask!!! brilliant!

This episode was cool imo
At least we dont have to put halfnaked chicks into our sig because we dont get any girls in rl :fingers:
Schandmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:29   Link #90
Terasu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Terasu Send a message via MSN to Terasu
This really was an odd time to air an episode like that...it totally disrupts the flow of the storyline. Anyway, I liked it. Yeah, I never had a hatred for Sakura as many do but now I like her just a little more after this episode.
__________________
"With a keen eye for details, one truth prevails."-Conan Edogawa
Terasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:31   Link #91
indo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
hmm your friends laughed at you ? quit them
many friends of mine watch it, and we are all around 22-24 years old. and no one makes fun of that.
it's not because a show is targeted to kids that it can't be enjoyable by older people, it's obvious (well, for pokemon... )
my girl actually left me coz of that we were together 2 years then i started watching naruto, then my friends couldn't stop laughing at me for that so she left me for embarassing her because i watch "cartoons" i'm 24 she's 20.

i finally convinced my friends that this is not something kids watch because of the deep story and sometimes the violence. but if eps like this one keep coming out then maybe they where right
__________________
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:34   Link #92
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 27
gaah, i usually like episodes like theese in series.. but this just.. sucked..

It wasn't (at least not for me) funny, it was just .. dumb..

Starting to feel that Naruto is going downhills , both story and animation...
__________________
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:39   Link #93
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
my girl actually left me coz of that we were together 2 years then i started watching naruto, then my friends couldn't stop laughing at me for that so she left me for embarassing her because i watch "cartoons" i'm 24 she's 20.

i finally convinced my friends that this is not something kids watch because of the deep story and sometimes the violence. but if eps like this one keep coming out then maybe they where right
hmm weird friends you have, and also your girlfriend...not really open minded, huh ?

but back to topic : for the anti-sasuke ppl, sasuke was really funny in that eps, if he were more like that, i would start to like him (yeah, he's totally shitty, and i hate that brat for now ^^")
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:39   Link #94
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schandmaul
At least we dont have to put halfnaked chicks into our sig because we dont get any girls in rl :fingers:

I have a girlfriend and still would put hot girls on my sig. and avatar; So your point made little to no sence.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:49   Link #95
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: A World of my own
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
hot girls? or hot anime chicks? there's a big difference. the hot anime chicks well.....yeah people would get the wrong idea.
__________________
Now is the time, to abide by, and protect my way of the ninja!
Member of the Shizune Society
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 14:50   Link #96
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GTO = Best anime. Ever. Thanks.
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
my girl actually left me coz of that we were together 2 years then i started watching naruto, then my friends couldn't stop laughing at me for that so she left me for embarassing her because i watch "cartoons" i'm 24 she's 20.

i finally convinced my friends that this is not something kids watch because of the deep story and sometimes the violence. but if eps like this one keep coming out then maybe they where right
They were right. Like it or not, thousands of kids watch the show every week in Japan. When it inevitably gets licensed here in the states it's going to air every morning on Fox Box, and your purile, moronic friends are still going to be laughing at you... Time to get some new friends dude. Don't try to be something you're not...

I've been addicted to anime for years, and I was afraid to tell most of my friends, and then one day, 2 of my 'cool'est friends (we're all ages 23-26 by the way) told me that they got addicted to Iny Yasha from seeing it on Cartoon Network. I was pretty shocked, and even more so when they started asking me to D/L other shows to watch with them. These are the same guys that I've been hanging out in bars and picking up girls with for years...
__________________
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:00   Link #97
daflecta
(^_^)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 31
So a lot of nagative talk about naruto for the past few weeks, naruto going dragon ball, the anime getting worse then the manga, animation sucks, filler arc, bla bla bla.

But this episode was funny as hell, and you know it

plus we get to see ramen girl again, whoopee!
daflecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:02   Link #98
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: H-Town
The first 5-10 mins of episode is pretty funny IMO.

But anyways I have a qustion for the people who read the manga:

Spoiler:
__________________
Where's WalDo?
WalDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:06   Link #99
Yoska
フランキー
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Suomi
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
my girl actually left me coz of that we were together 2 years then i started watching naruto, then my friends couldn't stop laughing at me for that so she left me for embarassing her because i watch "cartoons" i'm 24 she's 20.

i finally convinced my friends that this is not something kids watch because of the deep story and sometimes the violence. but if eps like this one keep coming out then maybe they where right
I don't know should I feel sorry for you or laugh my ass off. Really. It's a cartoon even though it's made in Japan. If you want something more mature read comics.

I saw a picture of Sakura from this episode. Hot indeed.
__________________
How you doin' ? Feelin' super ?
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:11   Link #100
ninja massacre
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: hidden byhåla of Sweden!
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
hehe, I thought this epsiode was very very funny, althoguh I don't watch naruto because it's funny, I thought it was way better than EP. 100
And I'm a pervert just like everyone else so i really liked the sakura-towel scene (hey, atleast im not a pedophile like other people in this forum are )

and one other thing, I wouldn't see naruto as a childs show, I would see it as teenager show. I mean a little punk-ass brat sitting in his sofa drewling and thinking....wow...a fireball but still don't understand shit is not a real narutofan.
I don't think that it was meant for children to laugh at sasuke when he's family was slaughterd by his brother and I don't think they understand that much about the (I would say) deep story in Naruto.

BTW, if someone says you should stop watching naruto or any other anime because they think it's childish you should just dump those so-called friends and get friends who show more respect for peoples interests

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalDo
The first 5-10 mins of episode is pretty funny IMO.

But anyways I have a qustion for the people who read the manga:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:


But I don't know how they'll do it now that they changed everything so much because of the fillers
__________________
Quote:
If you are a man, live it the way you won't regret. Protect whatever is important to you with these two arms, no matter how tough or sad it is, even if it costs you your life!
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.