AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 62 Rating
Perfect 10 49 74.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-26, 10:52   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Man 2 more episodes and this epic series is over...Sighhhhh

this ep was awesome, especially Al :[
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2010-06-26, 12:29   Link #42
Somnus
Kissing the sky
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Can't. Stop. Drooling.

That team attack was beautiful. I have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to do an All vs. 1 bad guy scene for so long...none of this 1 on 1 stuff for the final boss. Even normal soldiers got in on it, I loved every second.

All I'm worried about is Ed. After watching the first series that guy has me worried for sure in terms of endings.
Somnus is offline  
Old 2010-06-26, 18:25   Link #43
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Can't. Stop. Drooling.

That team attack was beautiful. I have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to do an All vs. 1 bad guy scene for so long...none of this 1 on 1 stuff for the final boss. Even normal soldiers got in on it, I loved every second.

All I'm worried about is Ed. After watching the first series that guy has me worried for sure in terms of endings.
^I thought the whole "EDWARD ELRIC, GO RANDOM KID!, ED, FULLMETAL!, GO, CHARGE QUICK" was a little bit......awkward. I mean who actually does that in a real battle? lawl
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2010-06-26, 22:47   Link #44
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Osaka raid...
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^I thought the whole "EDWARD ELRIC, GO RANDOM KID!, ED, FULLMETAL!, GO, CHARGE QUICK" was a little bit......awkward. I mean who actually does that in a real battle? lawl
Plenty of people do that when watching a fight, just not in turn... But if they didn't do it in turn, we wouldn't know what they said. Chalk it up to fiction not being reality.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 01:08   Link #45
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Plenty of people do that when watching a fight, just not in turn... But if they didn't do it in turn, we wouldn't know what they said. Chalk it up to fiction not being reality.
It just doesn't "fit" when your whole race is at stake against some dude who seemed to be invincible just two seconds ago. Why not make it a collective effort to take him down once and for all as opposed to leaving it to some 16 year old kid? Don't give the man any time to get any tiny bit of power back. It just seems kind of...out of place.

What you said also makes sense in terms of taking turns for them to say Ed, but it just still doesn't feel "right". But I suppose if it were just a like 5 second thing where everyone was yelling at him to do it as opposed to the way they have to present it, then I guess it becomes more probable since most people are probably in shock/awe. Good point :x.

But still kinda iffy for me :\
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2010-06-27, 22:30   Link #46
iczelion74
Lost Soul
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Wow that was probably in the top of all time great anime episodes. So epic and emotional on so many levels.
__________________
iczelion74 is offline  
Old 2010-06-28, 19:15   Link #47
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Episode LXII: A Vehement CounterAttack

It substracted off shock value watching this episode, after concluding with the manga more than two weeks ago.

Spoiler:


So, it's two more episodes to me to end this show.
Guido is offline  
Old 2010-07-08, 17:33   Link #48
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Woohoo! Loved the battle. I felt the manga fight lacked tenseness and suspense, but the pacing in the anime was wonderful. The VAs, BGM, and animation really combined to nail it.

Only thing that bothered me was how Al was sitting up facing the Father. He could have alchemy spammed rock fists like Ed instead of transmuting himself. The scene made more sense in the manga--the soul bond on Al's armor was obviously about to give out, plus he was collapsed facing away from Father.

Still, awesome episode.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
It just doesn't "fit" when your whole race is at stake against some dude who seemed to be invincible just two seconds ago. Why not make it a collective effort to take him down once and for all as opposed to leaving it to some 16 year old kid? Don't give the man any time to get any tiny bit of power back. It just seems kind of...out of place.

What you said also makes sense in terms of taking turns for them to say Ed, but it just still doesn't feel "right". But I suppose if it were just a like 5 second thing where everyone was yelling at him to do it as opposed to the way they have to present it, then I guess it becomes more probable since most people are probably in shock/awe. Good point :x.

But still kinda iffy for me :\
I had the exact same problem with those scenes in the manga. It bothered me a lot less in the anime. Ed was spamming alchemy not to mention the soldiers were close by in a solid ring. If I were a regular soldier and had any ammo left I wouldn't want to shoot or get closer because of the danger of friendly fire. But I have no doubt that Armstrong would have charged in there if Ed's alchemy spam had let up for a moment.

And with the soldiers so close by, I think they were mostly out of ammo. They'd been fighting in Central for a while, and then fired a lot at the Father, so it's not unbelievable. They probably closed in for CQC but never got a chance.
Edit: Actually, looking at Episode 63 again, they aren't too close by, though many of them have no guns and were probably out of ammo. So, yeah.

Last edited by Grey; 2010-07-08 at 17:43.
Grey is offline  
Old 2010-07-23, 13:06   Link #49
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
<Edward gives a punch on Father AKA the impersonator of the hoenheim>

Suck on that, you piece of flask! I've had enough of your bullshit! Your life will be end FOR GOOD!! - Edward Elric
Jeffry2009 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.