AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 62 Rating
Perfect 10 49 74.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 10:52   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man 2 more episodes and this epic series is over...Sighhhhh

this ep was awesome, especially Al :[
Old 2010-06-26, 12:29   Link #42
Somnus
Kissing the sky

Can't. Stop. Drooling.

That team attack was beautiful. I have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to do an All vs. 1 bad guy scene for so long...none of this 1 on 1 stuff for the final boss. Even normal soldiers got in on it, I loved every second.

All I'm worried about is Ed. After watching the first series that guy has me worried for sure in terms of endings.
Old 2010-06-26, 18:25   Link #43
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Can't. Stop. Drooling.

That team attack was beautiful. I have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to do an All vs. 1 bad guy scene for so long...none of this 1 on 1 stuff for the final boss. Even normal soldiers got in on it, I loved every second.

All I'm worried about is Ed. After watching the first series that guy has me worried for sure in terms of endings.
^I thought the whole "EDWARD ELRIC, GO RANDOM KID!, ED, FULLMETAL!, GO, CHARGE QUICK" was a little bit......awkward. I mean who actually does that in a real battle? lawl
Old 2010-06-26, 22:47   Link #44
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^I thought the whole "EDWARD ELRIC, GO RANDOM KID!, ED, FULLMETAL!, GO, CHARGE QUICK" was a little bit......awkward. I mean who actually does that in a real battle? lawl
Plenty of people do that when watching a fight, just not in turn... But if they didn't do it in turn, we wouldn't know what they said. Chalk it up to fiction not being reality.
Old 2010-06-27, 01:08   Link #45
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Plenty of people do that when watching a fight, just not in turn... But if they didn't do it in turn, we wouldn't know what they said. Chalk it up to fiction not being reality.
It just doesn't "fit" when your whole race is at stake against some dude who seemed to be invincible just two seconds ago. Why not make it a collective effort to take him down once and for all as opposed to leaving it to some 16 year old kid? Don't give the man any time to get any tiny bit of power back. It just seems kind of...out of place.

What you said also makes sense in terms of taking turns for them to say Ed, but it just still doesn't feel "right". But I suppose if it were just a like 5 second thing where everyone was yelling at him to do it as opposed to the way they have to present it, then I guess it becomes more probable since most people are probably in shock/awe. Good point :x.

But still kinda iffy for me :\
Old 2010-06-27, 22:30   Link #46
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Wow that was probably in the top of all time great anime episodes. So epic and emotional on so many levels.
Old 2010-06-28, 19:15   Link #47
Guido

Episode LXII: A Vehement CounterAttack

It substracted off shock value watching this episode, after concluding with the manga more than two weeks ago.

Spoiler:

So, it's two more episodes to me to end this show.
Old 2010-07-08, 17:33   Link #48
Grey

Woohoo! Loved the battle. I felt the manga fight lacked tenseness and suspense, but the pacing in the anime was wonderful. The VAs, BGM, and animation really combined to nail it.

Only thing that bothered me was how Al was sitting up facing the Father. He could have alchemy spammed rock fists like Ed instead of transmuting himself. The scene made more sense in the manga--the soul bond on Al's armor was obviously about to give out, plus he was collapsed facing away from Father.

Still, awesome episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
It just doesn't "fit" when your whole race is at stake against some dude who seemed to be invincible just two seconds ago. Why not make it a collective effort to take him down once and for all as opposed to leaving it to some 16 year old kid? Don't give the man any time to get any tiny bit of power back. It just seems kind of...out of place.

What you said also makes sense in terms of taking turns for them to say Ed, but it just still doesn't feel "right". But I suppose if it were just a like 5 second thing where everyone was yelling at him to do it as opposed to the way they have to present it, then I guess it becomes more probable since most people are probably in shock/awe. Good point :x.

But still kinda iffy for me :\
I had the exact same problem with those scenes in the manga. It bothered me a lot less in the anime. Ed was spamming alchemy not to mention the soldiers were close by in a solid ring. If I were a regular soldier and had any ammo left I wouldn't want to shoot or get closer because of the danger of friendly fire. But I have no doubt that Armstrong would have charged in there if Ed's alchemy spam had let up for a moment.

And with the soldiers so close by, I think they were mostly out of ammo. They'd been fighting in Central for a while, and then fired a lot at the Father, so it's not unbelievable. They probably closed in for CQC but never got a chance.
Edit: Actually, looking at Episode 63 again, they aren't too close by, though many of them have no guns and were probably out of ammo. So, yeah.

Last edited by Grey; 2010-07-08 at 17:43.
Old 2010-07-23, 13:06   Link #49
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
<Edward gives a punch on Father AKA the impersonator of the hoenheim>

Suck on that, you piece of flask! I've had enough of your bullshit! Your life will be end FOR GOOD!! - Edward Elric
Closed Thread