AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-29, 12:39   Link #41
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Yep, at least "Stage 0" is definitely worth it.
Especially since I got the impression they threw a lot of "canon stuff" into that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Also, Suzaku's age at which he joined the Britannian Forces is stated.
How old was he? o.o
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 12:52   Link #42
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yep, at least "Stage 0" is definitely worth it.
Especially since I got the impression they threw a lot of "canon stuff" into that one.



How old was he? o.o
This one has the reason for the giant pizza.

Spoiler:
__________________
A l i v e
[.eternal. W I S H.]
Avatar by Rinmei
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:41   Link #43
James Lame
ahaha.wav
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Cold Vein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
They are worth reading. Don't think "Not canon, not worth it" cause they are really good. It's like how people never liked the mangas with the exception of NoN. They actually turn out really good.

Also, Suzaku's age at which he joined the Britannian Forces is stated.

And I almost burst out laughing in class when I read one part.
Thanks, I guess I'll check it out then.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:18   Link #44
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
This one has the reason for the giant pizza.
O_O
What's the reason? xD
I really should buy that one, too... but I wish it had some interesting information about Clovis. That would certainly boost my motivation. xD

Quote:
Spoiler:
Aw.
Thanks. *-*
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:25   Link #45
Icetron
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Send a message via AIM to Icetron Send a message via MSN to Icetron
Sorry to post in this old thread but I have a question about the novels.

I purchased #0 and #1 when they were released, never got around to reading them since I didn't have time. There's a sale at one of my local anime stores for books so I was thinking of buying all the ones after that and starting the novels. My question is, are these novels just summarizing the series in book form or is there differences? Iirc #0 is set before the series, but I'm not sure about the rest. I looked at the back of #3 and #4 and they make it sound like it's just the same as the show.

Thanks
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 21:03   Link #46
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
My question is, are these novels just summarizing the series in book form or is there differences? Iirc #0 is set before the series, but I'm not sure about the rest. I looked at the back of #3 and #4 and they make it sound like it's just the same as the show.

Thanks
The light novels are adaptations of the anime's first season, so the basic story is the same, but there are differences. Some events get better explanations and others get less attention than in the anime. I've heard that the first few volumes aren't the best but that the series improves towards the end, so you might want to check that out if you have the opportunity.

I'm hoping to try and read at least one or two of the volumes myself in order to see this directly. Whenever I get around to that, a review or summary of the most important differences might be posted in this forum thread if I ever remember to do so.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 15:26   Link #47
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The light novels are adaptations of the anime's first season, so the basic story is the same, but there are differences. Some events get better explanations and others get less attention than in the anime. I've heard that the first few volumes aren't the best but that the series improves towards the end, so you might want to check that out if you have the opportunity.

I'm hoping to try and read at least one or two of the volumes myself in order to see this directly. Whenever I get around to that, a review or summary of the most important differences might be posted in this forum thread if I ever remember to do so.
Where can you find the light novels for code geass?
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 16:19   Link #48
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Where can you find the light novels for code geass?
I believe you can buy them through Amazon or Rightstuf and other retailers.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 20:26   Link #49
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
also Borders is another good place to get the novels
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 21:34   Link #50
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
They are worth reading. Don't think "Not canon, not worth it" cause they are really good.
Oh, I like you, whoever you are. +box of chocolates for not having your head stuck in canon's ass. :')


Yes, the light novels can be found at mostly any bookstore that also sells manga volumes. I rather like Borders - even though I go there sporadically it's still an ideal place for me to get my manga.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 00:36   Link #51
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Excuse me but what are the names of these light novels???
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 00:43   Link #52
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Excuse me but what are the names of these light novels???
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion

Then there are spinoffs called Counterattack of Suzaku, Knightmare of Nunally, Renya of the Darkness (the new series), Code Geass Kings and Queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a Edo era (I think it was the Edo era I forgot it was recently licensed by Bandai a week or so ago), but I forgot what it was called.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 01:35   Link #53
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by roloko vi britannia View Post
code geass lelouch of the rebellion

then there are spinoffs called counterattack of suzaku, knightmare of nunally, renya of the darkness (the new series), code geass kings and queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a edo era (i think it was the edo era i forgot it was recently licensed by bandai a week or so ago), but i forgot what it was called.
those are light????
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:35   Link #54
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion
That's the only light novel among those titles you've mentioned, as all the others are actually manga.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:43   Link #55
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion

Then there are spinoffs called Counterattack of Suzaku, Knightmare of Nunally, Renya of the Darkness (the new series), Code Geass Kings and Queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a Edo era (I think it was the Edo era I forgot it was recently licensed by Bandai a week or so ago), but I forgot what it was called.
Tales of an alternate shogunate is the other manga, and IMHO it wasn't that great (it's Japanese only BTW).

I enjoyed the Light Novels (in English), and the manga adaptation of the series.
Both are well worth the money IMHO.

For the record, I for one think that Nightmare of Nunnally would have made a much better story for R2 then the actual anime did.
Rolo in NoN is much better, as is Anya, and I am quite fond of the Irregulars who were better characters than the Chinese Federation as antagonists/allies.

Plus Nunnally is kick-ass in that manga.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:54   Link #56
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Tales of an alternate shogunate is the other manga, and IMHO it wasn't that great (it's Japanese only BTW).

I enjoyed the Light Novels (in English), and the manga adaptation of the series.
Both are well worth the money IMHO.

For the record, I for one think that Nightmare of Nunnally would have made a much better story for R2 then the actual anime did.
Rolo in NoN is much better, as is Anya, and I am quite fond of the Irregulars who were better characters than the Chinese Federation as antagonists/allies.

Plus Nunnally is kick-ass in that manga.
I like Rolo from R2 and I haven't really read far into NoN although I did see scans of Rolo vi Britannia, but I prefer R2 Rolo way more though. Yes it has been licensed although there was a mix up at first since someone thought they got Renya instead of the other one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...no-renya-manga
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:59   Link #57
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Thank you Roloko vi Britiannia for the ANN update.
I haven't been to ANN in awhile now, so I missed that.

I'll have to go make the suggestion that they in fact publish Renya of the Dark, as it is much better than the other manga.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.