AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-04, 12:43   Link #201
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Ahh, you meant Lelouch's motives at the time rather than the intended purpose of the Sword of Akasha for Ragnarok. No, that would count for irony as like you said, Lelouch went there with an admitted sense of despair yet left with a renewed sense of purpose.

...Even if the end result of both was him killing himself somehow.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:13   Link #202
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Betteroffer: It was just something felt 'clumsy' about the scene, more than anything.

Like, if the scene was face value for Bismark, while I suppose he is the sort of man to easily forgive a comrade over a mistake, he acted like nothing had happened at all after Anya backed down.

But then, if he knew it was Marianne, couldn't we have had heard his thoughts to that effect? Something like "She's awake...it must be that time now." Since it was implied that Bismark at least had cursory knowledge of Charles' plan?

And if he didn't know it was Marianne, then at the very least he should have questioned why Anya would be actually showing any sort of emotion at all.

And yes, it was sort of clear that Marianne intentionally exposed her flying part to damage for the purpose you state.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:54   Link #203
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Betteroffer: It was just something felt 'clumsy' about the scene, more than anything.

Like, if the scene was face value for Bismark, while I suppose he is the sort of man to easily forgive a comrade over a mistake, he acted like nothing had happened at all after Anya backed down.
Well, they were in the midst of an apparent coup by some of the royal guard, the people who among all others should have been the most loyal soldiers in the empire. Bismarck was likely more relieved that one of the most powerful soldiers on the battlefield at the time had just shown herself to still be on his side. His priority was stopping any threats to Charles and Ragnarok, and stopping to lecture Anya in the middle of a battle is foolish by anyone's standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
But then, if he knew it was Marianne, couldn't we have had heard his thoughts to that effect? Something like "She's awake...it must be that time now." Since it was implied that Bismark at least had cursory knowledge of Charles' plan?
Apparently he didn't know about Marianne though. I agree it seems rather stupid that he would be made aware of Ragnarok and such, but not her, as it could create problematic situations, but this was by no means the only incident of "clumsy" writing in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
And if he didn't know it was Marianne, then at the very least he should have questioned why Anya would be actually showing any sort of emotion at all.
Just because someone is a stoic doesn't mean they are devoid of emotion and Anya has shown such at previous points in the series. People as a rule take betrayal poorly, and her showing anger at the idea that Bismarck had done so "proved" that she was still on his side.

I agree though, that the scene as a whole was unecessary, as they could have just said that Bismarck knew about Marianne and allowed her to pass. My guess is that they wanted to show Marianne doing at least something crafty to show that she wasn't just all Informed Ability before killing her off.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 15:06   Link #204
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
The aerial comeback was very cool, they were like "Keep distance! It's useless at-- OMFG! It SHOOTS the surges now?! T_T RETREAT!"

...That's how it went in my opinion, as Kallen indeed put Suzaku on the defensive. Mind you, it was also against two Knights of the Rounds (excluding him.) So yeah, she decimated them thoroughly.

I already revealed my favorite scene. The 'Emperor Dismissed' of him going to Akasha. Ironically, Akasha is creation. So it would be Sword of Creation...

Anyone else see the peculiar irony in that? His "If anyone think they can go beyond my despair, let them try." being very... cool.

The Knightmare battles during the Damocles battle being cool too. I was very happy Lancelot was utterly destroyed while Guren remained somewhat intact... Only time I like Gino's bravado.

Kaguya is cute... and bubbly. Not my kind of girl. I want skill and talent in my women, along with a fair amount of intelligence. She seems pretty useless outside of politics and being figurehead.

A character that didn't need screentime was Villeta.. God I hate her. Lelouch should've went "Die" instead of "Gimme ya knightmare, I'll be real gentle with it and stuffs..." :/

...Actually, was the drama between Villeta and Ohgi really meaningful? Besides the screwing Zero over thing.
Kaguya was admittedly bubbly on the inside, and yet, she was one of the only people on Lelouch's side with any significant grey matter, to which effect she didn't fall for Schneizel's Jedi mind tricks. Her putting Suzaku in his place in R2 9 was one of my favorite moments. She should have been Prime Minister of Japan, not Ohgi.

And admittedly, Villetta and Ohgi could be said to be the cause of Zero Requiem. Not to mention that Villetta could also be linked to Shirley's descent into tragedy. Needless to say, I'm not happy that they got the happiest of endings. To which effect I've imagined a RevengeFic where Suzaku!Zero figures out the truth about the meeting between Schneizel and the Black Knights, and then has a private meeting with Villetta, recreating V. V.'s assassination of Marianne, this time on Villetta, not only with the "it was the woman who led the man astray" line, but also "your existence is a mistake!"
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 15:14   Link #205
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Well, Suzaku going for revenge when he and Lelouch had finally succeeded in ending the "ongoing chain of hatred" would be pretty strange, but... *shrugs*

A very nice scene was Clovis leaning back on his throne and smiling that "I am awesome and I know it" smile of his.
Oh yes, very nice indeed~
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 15:35   Link #206
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Well, Suzaku going for revenge when he and Lelouch had finally succeeded in ending the "ongoing chain of hatred" would be pretty strange, but... *shrugs*
It was just one giant "Shoot the Shaggy Dog" scenario though, along with the fact that Lelouch did it that way because he was suicidal. There were other methods that would not only avert that, but also a lot of the bloodshed.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 15:59   Link #207
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
It was just one giant "Shoot the Shaggy Dog" scenario though, along with the fact that Lelouch did it that way because he was suicidal. There were other methods that would not only avert that, but also a lot of the bloodshed.
We can discuss this again and again, but I firmly believe Lelouch was not so much suicidal as his pride didn't allow him to go on living - I think Okouchi even said something like that somewhere, though I'll have to look it up. Also, Lelouch never said that there were better ways in the translation I found, just that there "might" have been other ways that didn't involve him dying.
He didn't say a word about the bloodshed. That's pure speculation.

In the end, the whole point of Zero Requiem was to stop people's obsession with revenge. Suzaku could kill Ougi and Villetta, yes, but who knows? Their baby could become a second Lelouch, however unlikely that is.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 22:44   Link #208
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth Cradle
Anything Orange did, the end of season 1, and when Lelouch became emperor.
__________________
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:01   Link #209
noni12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
suzaku's reaction when he sees euphie fall D:
noni12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 08:06   Link #210
wing 00
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
my favorite scene of codegeass r2 was probaly the lancelot albion vs the knights of theround
__________________
my wings are the wings of both chaos and destiny for i am wingzero
wing 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 16:16   Link #211
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I remember very clearly now one of my most favorite scenes.

Spoiler for The final blow (Episode 25):


There was also this:

Spoiler for End of episode 25:
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 16:32   Link #212
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I remember very clearly now one of my most favorite scenes.

Spoiler for The final blow (Episode 25):


There was also this:

Spoiler for End of episode 25:
I liked that part too she was so happy and I think she cried?? I've always wondered how Suzaku escaped that maybe his live on geass activated and he used his cockroach legs to run the walls again or maybe kuru kuru kicked his way out
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 16:43   Link #213
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
No, Kallen was pretty distressful when she said that. Because she was almost certain she didn't succeed. I think she was on the verge of tears.

Spoiler for Final blow:


It kind of broke my heart in a way. They both loved Japan.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 16:47   Link #214
Ten-Go
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: State of Clarity
Charles speech on the Clovis State Funeral. All hail Britannia!
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 14:34   Link #215
Magnamon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Schneizel falling under Leouch's control
Magnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 15:23   Link #216
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Seeing Lelouch take the throne and then Geass all the royals into obeying him...Just seeing him and Suzaku smile as they took over all of Britannia in one fell swoop was epicness. And everyone's shocked reactions just made it even better. (NO ONE saw that one coming, I do believe. )

There were tons of other scenes I loved, but I think the other one that sticks with me the most is the scene with C.C. after the end credits of the last episode of the first Season. Her thoughts about Lelouch's life and motivation, and especially about humans in general, really put things in perspective for me, I find.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 18:14   Link #217
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Spoiler for video:
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:26   Link #218
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
My favorite scene - when ever C.C. changes. :P
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 18:16   Link #219
Lord_Soth
Knight of Solamnia
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dargaard Keep
If I'd have to pick just one, I'd go with

R2 Turn 19, 19:50-20:05

These mere 15 seconds, are surprisingly enough to sum up the entire feeling that you can get from this anime series.

And you do get the entire package in the form of::::

1)One of the most powerfull quotes in the series: <I'm.. not a.. tool.. This.. is my.. own will!> , it can even apply as a truth margin to a lot of the main characters.

2)The use of Geass (half the anime purpose is about it) and the cost it's attached to it.

3)'If I were a Bird' instrumental backround which does great justice to it.

And , what really gets me every time:

The mental image for Rolo , inside the KMF pit, his head in sweat, his hand grasping his heart, coughing, as the Geass usage takes its toll on him, his finger on the 'Fire' button-and the way Shinkirō stretches his arms wide with his palms open towards the sky while the lazer canon fires from its chest ...
For a KFM unit which was constracted for personal use by Leluch, to have it seemingly 'answer' Lolos plea, in such a way, will probably never leave my head..

Drama+Geass Usage+Unique KFM in action+awesome music in around 10 seconds.Sums it up
Lord_Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 20:02   Link #220
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Soth View Post
If I'd have to pick just one, I'd go with

R2 Turn 19, 19:50-20:05

These mere 15 seconds, are surprisingly enough to sum up the entire feeling that you can get from this anime series.

And you do get the entire package in the form of::::

1)One of the most powerfull quotes in the series: <I'm.. not a.. tool.. This.. is my.. own will!> , it can even apply as a truth margin to a lot of the main characters.

2)The use of Geass (half the anime purpose is about it) and the cost it's attached to it.

3)'If I were a Bird' instrumental backround which does great justice to it.

And , what really gets me every time:

The mental image for Rolo , inside the KMF pit, his head in sweat, his hand grasping his heart, coughing, as the Geass usage takes its toll on him, his finger on the 'Fire' button-and the way Shinkirō stretches his arms wide with his palms open towards the sky while the lazer canon fires from its chest ...
For a KFM unit which was constracted for personal use by Leluch, to have it seemingly 'answer' Lolos plea, in such a way, will probably never leave my head..

Drama+Geass Usage+Unique KFM in action+awesome music in around 10 seconds.Sums it up
yes its also one of my favorite quotes too and everytime I see that scene I cry its so very powerful and emotional oh Rolo I will not forget your heroic sacrifice
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.