AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-29, 01:18   Link #1981
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Oh curses, now I really want to have my computer and Photoshop back!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 01:25   Link #1982
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
so ironic that the first person alive they met, they had to let him die

Rei is being too careless, what if the one that attack her is a zombie... but she left a better impression in this eps, especially when she show her angry face

hope they do explain what happened between Rei and that male teacher
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 01:28   Link #1983
quzqazqaz
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
you apparently are ruthless...
thank you,i know i am quite ruthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'll be sure to remember your statement when you twist your ankle and ask the rest of us for help from the zombies. I'll give you a 2nd look as I lead everyone else around me to safety and leave you behind.
feel free to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Unlike Shidou. That guys a born-bred-scum of life, and deserves no sympathy.
how can you hate him?he isn't a scum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Seriously!!! see this is what my post was addressing with the break down of morals in an apocalyptic world . Again look at the scene the Zombies were not that close to him. Also, the kid only sprained his ankle he could have made to the bus with help if you go back look Shido had plenty of time to help him get to the bus. The Zombies are not like Resident Evil Zombies they are not exactly fast. I can understand if the guy had a broken leg i myself might have left him. Im sorry but no one has yet to come up with a good reason for basically caving the guys face in. It was just cruel thats all it was. Remember Karma is a bitch, youre telling me you would do the same thing he did? Just wait till we see the later manga chapters animated i bet you change your tune then lol.
honestly,i will do that.my tune will never change,shido is my favourite character
quzqazqaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 02:47   Link #1984
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by quzqazqaz View Post
thank you,i know i am quite ruthless.

feel free to do so
how can you hate him?he isn't a scum
honestly,i will do that.my tune will never change,shido is my favourite character
Finally! Someone who agree with me! While I won't say Shido is my favourite character, he do not warrant all the hate so far.

In fact, I am more interested in Shido than the main cast. I haven't read the manga, but judging on information here and there, Shido is a recurring character, meaning he will be leaving and joining the main characters every now and then. I wish there is a spin off manga/ anime called "Highschool of the dead - Shido's story" and tell about Shido's story especially when he is not with the main cast.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 02:49   Link #1985
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Are we watching the same scene? The kid has sprained his ankle, meaning he cannot run anymore. Even if Shido helped the kid up, they are going to WALK towards the bus. Sure they MIGHT be saved if all the fighter (Takashi, Saeko, Rei and the gun nerd) all get out of the car to escort them back. However, that is highly doubtful.

The reason of kicking the kid is because he is clinging onto Shido. I said it in my post earlier that Shido only warrant all the hate if he took a couple steps just to kick the kid for fun. The kid is not gonna let Shido go even if Shido reason with him. ("You are dead anyway, why don't you let go of my leg please?"

Also, many of you here said that Shido had all the time doing the monologue instead of helping the kid. I want to mention that it is a show, and show time flows differently than real time. The classic 5 minute Namek battle on DBZ last for more than a couple of episode. I don't think it is fair to judge the flow of time in the show.

Finally, of course in later manga chapter Shido is going to do alot more sinister stuff. But since it is not shown yet it is unfair to put that into account.
We are clearly not watching the same show. And have you ever had a sprain? Sure you can't run anymore, but you can still move, and it wouldn't slow Shidou-Sensei down that much to help him if he had desired it. Shidou will only use these students until they don't benefit him any longer, in which case he will drop them like a hot potato. He is scum, and should have been left at the school.

And no, I have not read the manga yet. I just know bad people when I see them.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 03:53   Link #1986
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
Was the rapist supposed to come off as an American gang member? I mean... he had those teeth-grills and a pot necklace/chain... did they ride that motorcycle all the way to NY??
wannabe gangster I'd believe and it looked more like braces than a grill.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 05:24   Link #1987
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by quzqazqaz View Post
how can you hate him?he isn't a scum
His action so far prove he isnt so noble. Discounting the sprained ankle kid incident, he does nothing to stop that brat from mouthing off Takashi, only trying to take credit and promote himself AFTER everything calm down. That was the 2nd time he tried to forced his view on the group, hinting that he wasnt looking at the situation as it is, more like his trying to take advantage of it... For whatever it is..

Lastly while we do not yet know the background between him and Rei, for Rei to hate him so much that
1) she wanted him to die from get go
2) she willing to die rather then spending time under his vicinity/influence
should have hinted that this guy is not to be trusted from get go. More so with his insistent to lead the group.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 06:35   Link #1988
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
His action so far prove he isnt so noble. Discounting the sprained ankle kid incident, he does nothing to stop that brat from mouthing off Takashi, only trying to take credit and promote himself AFTER everything calm down. That was the 2nd time he tried to forced his view on the group, hinting that he wasnt looking at the situation as it is, more like his trying to take advantage of it... For whatever it is..

Lastly while we do not yet know the background between him and Rei, for Rei to hate him so much that
1) she wanted him to die from get go
2) she willing to die rather then spending time under his vicinity/influence
should have hinted that this guy is not to be trusted from get go. More so with his insistent to lead the group.
There is this one character archetype that would work with what he's saying. That's the "gray" type, characters that will do ruthless evil deeds one moment, then unreasonable good deed the next, and be all quasi-normal between those moments. The setting is right (for the moment at least) but this type of character is never really used in anime (at least I have not seen any), mostly because in anime/manga everything is in nice old red vs blue. Anyway, the chance of him doing something good even accidentally is almost unthinkable at this point.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 09:07   Link #1989
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Finally! Someone who agree with me! While I won't say Shido is my favourite character, he do not warrant all the hate so far.

In fact, I am more interested in Shido than the main cast. I haven't read the manga, but judging on information here and there, Shido is a recurring character, meaning he will be leaving and joining the main characters every now and then. I wish there is a spin off manga/ anime called "Highschool of the dead - Shido's story" and tell about Shido's story especially when he is not with the main cast.
Your hopes and dreams will come crashing down sorry friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
We are clearly not watching the same show. And have you ever had a sprain? Sure you can't run anymore, but you can still move, and it wouldn't slow Shidou-Sensei down that much to help him if he had desired it. Shidou will only use these students until they don't benefit him any longer, in which case he will drop them like a hot potato. He is scum, and should have been left at the school.

And no, I have not read the manga yet. I just know bad people when I see them.
Exactly right, like i said there are 2 points in the manga that will be animated and those scenes will show Shidou's true nature. If anyone defends him after a certain scene then they themselves just dont deserve to live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
His action so far prove he isnt so noble. Discounting the sprained ankle kid incident, he does nothing to stop that brat from mouthing off Takashi, only trying to take credit and promote himself AFTER everything calm down. That was the 2nd time he tried to forced his view on the group, hinting that he wasnt looking at the situation as it is, more like his trying to take advantage of it... For whatever it is..

Lastly while we do not yet know the background between him and Rei, for Rei to hate him so much that
1) she wanted him to die from get go
2) she willing to die rather then spending time under his vicinity/influence
should have hinted that this guy is not to be trusted from get go. More so with his insistent to lead the group.
Spot on Kina. You know how much a person must HATE someone in order to risk their own life than to be in their general vicinity. After everything Rei had already been through she was willing to get off the bus in the middle of Zombie central just so she wouldnt have to be around him and on top of that wished for his death. So far in the story she is the only person that has wished for another humans death. Manga readers already know but once they reveal why she hates him so much it will all make sense.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 09:58   Link #1990
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
I'm surprised that some people like Shidou's character and what he did
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 10:10   Link #1991
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
I actually thought it was fine if the only hint of his loathsomeness was just the sprained ankle incident. It is -while not very similar- can be said similar to the BFF girls.

However, the author also hinted his background and character by having Rei reacted to him so strongly.. Even he havent done any manipulative(/dodgy) stuff after getting on the bus, I would be wary of him simply because it is quite hard to imagine a normal school girl like Rei hate someone (moreover a teacher in the same school) that she willing to go to that degree .. leave him to die. There must be a reason.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 10:27   Link #1992
Soconfused
Old God Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: you....don't wanna know
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
did they really do a mini recap on the 4th episode?
__________________
What exactly is the point of becoming powerful if one cannot indulge the hedonistic opportunities that come with it?
Soconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 10:28   Link #1993
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I actually thought it was fine if the only hint of his loathsomeness was just the sprained ankle incident. It is -while not very similar- can be said similar to the BFF girls.

However, the author also hinted his background and character by having Rei reacted to him so strongly.. Even he havent done any manipulative(/dodgy) stuff after getting on the bus, I would be wary of him simply because it is quite hard to imagine a normal school girl like Rei hate someone (moreover a teacher in the same school) that she willing to go to that degree .. leave him to die. There must be a reason.
Well... quite a number of people here dislike Rei enough to think that's just her being her normal bitchy self.

Which is all fine by me. They can have their immaculate Saeko, while I enjoy my happily cute and resolute-when-she-needs-to-be Rei-chan.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 10:35   Link #1994
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
did they really do a mini recap on the 4th episode?
A good very good use of recap episode IMHO.. It stressed on how the world turned upside down in a very short period..

And peoples like TRL are why we have world peace.. No war over the girls

He takes Rei home.. I take Saeko home ...

Now, dont you guys dare broke the world peace !



Spoiler for Nyantype poster:
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:22   Link #1995
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I'm surprised that some people like Shidou's character and what he did
I think some people understood the scene: "Hurry children, run to the bus." as heroic. When really what he was saying: "C'mon sacrificial lambs, lure the zombies to you with your running and screaming so I don't have to risk a thing."
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:27   Link #1996
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I think some people understood the scene: "Hurry children, run to the bus." as heroic. When really what he was saying: "C'mon sacrificial lambs, lure the zombies to you with your running and screaming so I don't have to risk a thing."
Nope, i understood and i know what his personality is truly like, and i still like him as a character. He's plenty entertaining.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:28   Link #1997
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope, i understood and i know what his personality is truly like, and i still like him as a character. He's plenty entertaining.
You like his presence in the series, or do you agree with his character?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:32   Link #1998
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You like his presence in the series, or do you agree with his character?
I simply find him enjoyable on screen. Is there something wrong with that?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:41   Link #1999
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I simply find him enjoyable on screen. Is there something wrong with that?
I believe what cats felix meant with his question is: do you agree with Shido's actions on a personal/moral level, or do you simply like watching him on screen for the contrast in motivations/characterization compared to the main cast. The two are not necessarily tied together - one can find a villain plenty entertaining after all without sympathizing with their actions.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:46   Link #2000
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
one can find a villain plenty entertaining after all without sympathizing with their actions.
That's the one. I just thought i made that clear when i've spoke about him in the past. He's a villain you're supposed to hate, and i find them highly enjoyable to watch on screen.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.