AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 09:50   Link #11301
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
*looks at Force scans* HA!

Erio's taller than all the other characters except for maybe Signum and Zafira by Force.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-07-29, 10:14   Link #11302
aers
*Fansubber

thanks as always to the person who scanned this.
Old 2010-07-29, 10:28   Link #11303
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post

I wonder if the scythe thing was made up..
Either that or the writer really needs a dictionary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Motherf'ck! I predicted a "dual light-saber" weapon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
A little bit saddened, to be honest. Swords are all Fate seem to be using lately, even Scythe form is almost never seen anymore. I had hoped for Fate to go back to her polearm origins, but alas.
I'm torn . On one side, I'm excited to see Fate channeling Darth Maul, but I've also been hoping for her to wield a polearm again; a bardiche, halberd, naginata, tabar, whatever. Ah well, she looks nice with it anyway. Waiting for the translated description...
Quote:
*grumbles irrationally about Fate getting two drawings to Nanoha's one*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Nanoha will get another one, so relax. Fortress Mode. ( WITH WINGS )
Quote:
Oh, I know. That's why I said irrationally. Nanoha with wings will absolutely kill me.
Wings? Nanoha "White Archdemon" Takamachi will make my day . Anyway, do we have a clue about fortress mode? Don't tell me it's reference to the B-29 Superfortress? Magical Turrets at all side?
Old 2010-07-29, 11:09   Link #11304
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Fate's Sword look fine but, as everybody, i find bugging that she's not using a scythe anymore(maybe Tsuzuki i trying to go for more "practical" weapons?) and maybe it's only a thing of the art used in the Force NEXT but ....Bardiche is now blue colored o-O?

...*sigh* another month to wait for a battle -_-(Go Cypha xD).
Old 2010-07-29, 11:12   Link #11305
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:

thanks as always to the person who scanned this.
lol Fate has a static cling problem!

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-07-29, 11:43   Link #11306
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

MS Nanoha Force NEXT - Design 05

Bardiche Assault Riot Blade II

This is the evolved model of "Bardiche Assault", Captain Fate T. Harlaown's favourite device.

To allow the dual-bladed "Riot Blade" to be easily linked up as a single component when situation demands, starting from the body material, appearance and the internal unit, there have been a number of changes to the specification and performance. Nonetheless, there has been no alteration to the base, i.e., the main body of Bardiche. Bardiche therefore retains control of the whole device. As decided by Captain Harlaown and Bardiche, the device will be a test model incorporating the operation theories and material technology for the fifth generation device.

To guarantee unrestrained mobility during situations of magic cancellation, a dedicated system of magic conversion different from the one in the CW models is incorporated. The system allows the storage of the user's magical energy in the device body, as well as the conversion of such for device activity.

Bardiche Assault Riot Zamber II

This is the evolved model of "Riot Zamber" that is originally in the form of a giant sabre. Although detailed specifications have yet to be revealed, according to presently available data it is expected to have the capability of aerial and antisurface control: an overengineered design as a personal combat equipment.

In contrast with the approach of total conversion of magic power into physical energy adopted by the CW line of AEC equipment, the fifth generation devices are designed with the concept of utilization of magical energy to create magic effects even in situations of magic cancellation. They also exhibit a higher degree of magical performance in situations of no magic interference.

Therefore, in situations of magic cancellation, the fifth generation devices can create nonfatal attacks such as shocks and stuns without relying on direct output of magical energy. Under perfect conditions, even stronger effects can be achieved.

Currently these devices are extremely difficult to handle, however. Except with users capable of highly sophisticated magic control, or in possession of "inborn magic conversion potential" such as electricity and fire, the devices show the problems of unstable operational output, high degree of energy loss, as well as insufficiency for prolonged usage.

Nevertheless, under the current background where magic cancellation is becoming a mainstream approach for illegal weapons, it can be said that these devices is a litmus test for examining the viability of magic as a peace-keeping force.

Spoiler for Original (incorrect) spoiler runes for reference:
Old 2010-07-29, 11:46   Link #11307
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
-snip-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
-moar snip-
Did you know I love you two? ;__;

But jeebus, Arnage is totally my favourite character of Force. After waifu on the fapping side, though. (/ω\)

1 → 2 → 5 made me giggle. Dunnyo why, but ~4hrs of sleep and derp work soon.

少し頭冷やそうか?
Old 2010-07-29, 12:06   Link #11308
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heh, looks like Fate doesn't want to give up her impractical weapon wielder title to the gunbladers, and stepped up the gear by wielding one of the most impractical weapons out there: A double bladed sword.

A well, Fate will always be Fate.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:06   Link #11309
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]
Nevertheless, under the current background where magic cancellation is becoming a mainstream approach for illegal weapons, it can be said that these devices is a litmus test for examining the viability of magic as a peace-keeping force.
Sad but true, it's a good sign that an original devices finally get a real upgrade to mantein their usefullness on the line of duty, i wonder if Unison Devices will be also capable to undergo "upgrading"(looksa difficult because they are far more complex than regular devices and apparently they are still studied ancient technology who isn't fully comprehended at the time). I like how their mention his capabilities under "normal" circunstances, but, at this point in the series, said normal circunstances can only occur during training or unrestrained exhibition matches xDU.

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]
Currently these devices are extremely difficult to handle, however. Except with users capable of highly sophisticated magic control, or in possession of "inborn magic conversion potential" such as electricity and fire, the devices show the problems of unstable operational output, high degree of energy loss, as well as insufficiency for prolonged usage.
I ...MUST ...DON'T ....GET ....EXCITED, ....DON'T ....BE ....OP-TIMISTIC ....ARRGHH ....I ....CAN'T ...RESIST ....I'M .....SMILLING ....HOPEFULLY .....AAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!! *colapses*
Old 2010-07-29, 12:08   Link #11310
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

yeah here's to Signum and Rio's upgrades.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:12   Link #11311
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Dewa ...excellent job as always!

Quote:
Spoiler for Bardiche Assault Riot Blade II:
So Bardiche now has an extra battery inside? Why haven't anyone think of this sooner?

Quote:
Spoiler for Bardiche Assault Riot Zamber II:
...and unlike the CW models, the new upgrade allows nonfatal attacks even in "situation of magic cancellation"?

Quote:
Spoiler for Original (incorrect) spoiler runes for reference:
Uhm, so we still don't know what CW-AEC01X looks like? Please, please let it be a polearm

So many text. I'm gonna have to reread these after sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I ...MUST ...DON'T ....GET ....EXCITED, ....DON'T ....BE ....OP-TIMISTIC ....ARRGHH ....I ....CAN'T ...RESIST ....I'M .....SMILLING ....HOPEFULLY .....AAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!! *colapses*
Well, I'm too afraid to expect something for Rio (we still won't know whether she would even show up at Force), but I'm also wishing for some Signum awesomeness

Anyway, has anyone ever wondered why there's only 2 mana conversion affinity? There's yet to be example of other, traditional types (wind, water, ice, etc)

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-07-29 at 12:26.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:25   Link #11312
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Did you know I love you two? ;__;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Dewa ...excellent job as always!
Thanks!

Quote:
Uhm, so we still don't know what CW-AEC01X looks like? Please, please let it be a polearm
I just checked the 2ch logs. Immediately after the CW-AEC01X post, the poster said that is the strongest weapon he has thought of. Nice trolling . orz

Spoiler for 都築真紀 漫画版リリカルなのはネタバレスレ4 (440):
Old 2010-07-29, 12:28   Link #11313
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

What ever happened to being an axe, Bardiche?

What ever happened?

You're never used in your original form except in carry, or maybe shooting.

It seems BFS is all Fate wants now; your original form is not needed. Isn't it sad? She must be compensating for something.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:32   Link #11314
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
MSLN women are fine wine indeed
Once a magical girl, always a magical girl, I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I knew it: Signum will get a giant flaming chansaw-sword (to wield alongside the rebuilt and upgraded Laevatein), which transforms into a hand-held minigun loaded with explosive rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
It seems BFS is all Fate wants now; your original form is not needed. Isn't it sad? She must be compensating for something.
Well, there was a reason why swords and the like displaced other forms of melee weapons by the end of the pre-industrial age... And I guess people who lauded Force's greater focus on military tactics and actual practical concerns must welcome Sword!Bardiche, too. ^^
Old 2010-07-29, 12:38   Link #11315
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

If Teana gets a big fucking sniper rifle, I will be pleased.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:43   Link #11316
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Ghost!Teana, anyone? Her illusion abilities match the profile, too...

EDIT: Of course, SLB doesn't quite fit the "stealth operative" bit. But I guess it's as good a substitute as any for a tac nuke
Old 2010-07-29, 12:46   Link #11317
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Some ideas for Teana

Spoiler for zip:

Spoiler for ARifle:

Spoiler for Classic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Ghost!Teana, anyone? Her illusion abilities match the profile, too...

EDIT: Of course, SLB doesn't quite fit the "stealth operative" bit. But I guess it's as good a substitute as any for a tac nuke
Spoiler for Ghost Recon?:

Old 2010-07-29, 12:48   Link #11318
Sheba
Kimoi~

Quote:
Why does that stink of mecha animu tech wank? Like "Oh yeah, we made that prototype! It's impratical, unstable, it may blow up in your face! It may fart like a wet petard in the middle of a battle! But we give it to you anyway because you are a Newtype have the "HERO" tag!"
Old 2010-07-29, 12:53   Link #11319
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Fate filed the necessary wavers :P

Old 2010-07-29, 12:54   Link #11320
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Why does that stink of mecha animu tech wank? Like "Oh yeah, we made that prototype! It's impratical, unstable, it may blow up in your face! It may fart like a wet petard in the middle of a battle! But we give it to you anyway because you are a Newtype have the "HERO" tag!"
Because they would have nothing to write on the page if everything was perfect.

CX-XXXXX
This weapon can take all forms, deal with all enemies, cheap as a dime, use no energy and cause no pollution, while still usable by your grandmother and her dog.

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen