AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-18, 15:38   Link #81
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Actually, its likely he got it from Obito, if that is the case it must be a pretty special Sharingan as Obito is supposudley one of the 4th students too. We all know the hokages students are always pretty special. Also Kakashi has had years more with it.
Hmm, that's sort of a bundle of assumptions. First off, we don't know if Kakashi got it from Obito. Actually, we don't even know Obito was an Uchiha. And we also don't know that he was trained by the 4th. And we also don't know that the hokages' students are always pretty special because we don't know all of their students, plus we don't know that Kakashi's two comrades taught by the 4th are special.

Kakashi probably has encorporated the sharingan better into his fighting than Sasuke has, but this doesn't mean his sharingan is better. It is most likely not.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:43   Link #82
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Hmm, that's sort of a bundle of assumptions. First off, we don't know if Kakashi got it from Obito. Actually, we don't even know Obito was an Uchiha. And we also don't know that he was trained by the 4th. And we also don't know that the hokages' students are always pretty special because we don't know all of their students, plus we don't know that Kakashi's two comrades taught by the 4th are special.

Kakashi probably has encorporated the sharingan better into his fighting than Sasuke has, but this doesn't mean his sharingan is better. It is most likely not.
Well the 1st and 2nd's student were special. 3rd beign teh strong ninja and all. And weren't those 2 hokage committe people his teammates? Then the next generation the 3rd's students were known as the Sanning. THen the 4ths generation which is unknown but we do know 1 of them is well known because of his sharingan.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 16:05   Link #83
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Only the 3rd hokage's sannin students were all special (he probably had other students that the mangaka just hasn't shown us). Three of the 2nd's students were Sarutobi and the other two old farts who haven't really shown any special skills. We haven't seen any of the 1st's students or other students of the 2nd. Kakashi is the only one we know who is special out of the 4th's students, so the argument that a future or present hokage's students must be special is moot. Shizune isn't that special, after all, and what if Kakashi becomes hokage? lol, I hope somebody won't say Sakura must be special because of that.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:25   Link #84
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Only the 3rd hokage's sannin students were all special (he probably had other students that the mangaka just hasn't shown us). Three of the 2nd's students were Sarutobi and the other two old farts who haven't really shown any special skills. We haven't seen any of the 1st's students or other students of the 2nd. Kakashi is the only one we know who is special out of the 4th's students, so the argument that a future or present hokage's students must be special is moot. Shizune isn't that special, after all, and what if Kakashi becomes hokage? lol, I hope somebody won't say Sakura must be special because of that.
Hmm those old farts happen to be extremely important to Konoha. And shouldn't the 1st and 2nd student be the 3rd and those 'two old farts'?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:49   Link #85
FiendZeroX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
well one thing i noticed was that when konoha was under attack by the sound nin and kakashi and gai were fighting back, near the end of the fight at the stadium, kakashi was scratched and pretty out of shape while gai was totally unharmed. it seems like gai has a lot more ability than kakashi
FiendZeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:52   Link #86
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiendZeroX
well one thing i noticed was that when konoha was under attack by the sound nin and kakashi and gai were fighting back, near the end of the fight at the stadium, kakashi was scratched and pretty out of shape while gai was totally unharmed. it seems like gai has a lot more ability than kakashi
Don't forget Hiashi who was completely unharmed and untried and took out as many people as either one of them in 1 attack...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 21:32   Link #87
kboykb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiendZeroX
well one thing i noticed was that when konoha was under attack by the sound nin and kakashi and gai were fighting back, near the end of the fight at the stadium, kakashi was scratched and pretty out of shape while gai was totally unharmed. it seems like gai has a lot more ability than kakashi
I was about to post something about this.. That was a mistake I think..

If you skip back an episode or two.. you'll see Gai kicking away three ninjas and saying "Why You!!" .. then Kakashi disposes of three himself.. then Gai and Kakashi back up until they're backs are together saying "Not only are there Sound, but I didn't expect this many Sand Jounins to be here also"

Gai had a nice little cut on his face, and looked pretty beat up himself.

Unless he has a special jutsu that lets him preserve his spring time of middle youth .. or maybe the animators just can't take the undeniable Gai looking beat up.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:48   Link #88
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
I don't know were are you trying to get at.........

Gai is indeed a top Jounnin in Konoha (Maybe the best)...but To say he have the edge over itachi???

Comom do the math...if Kakshi and GAI are almost at the same level.....(i dont know who is better than one or the other) and Itachi did not have any trouble in Fighting Him....(Hey Kakshi never even touched Itachi...he was always doging Itachi's Atack) and another Jounin also did not have a chance...there is no point saying that he can beat Itachi only because Of the Sharingan Counter he have...

But can Gai Taijutsu really keep up with the Movement Reading of the sharingan?
even if he open the "Gates" he only have super Powers for seconds.....and itachi has shown that he is pretty good in setting up Bushins.....

i can see it know....GAi open 8 Gates..........Atack with all his speed Itachi...then itachi is lying on the ground...Gai sez..."I did it" just almost before he pass ou..the Itachi that is on the groun EXPLODES in hIS FACE!!!!!!!!!

En of story.....
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:42   Link #89
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I don't know were are you trying to get at.........

Gai is indeed a top Jounnin in Konoha (Maybe the best)...but To say he have the edge over itachi???

Comom do the math...if Kakshi and GAI are almost at the same level.....(i dont know who is better than one or the other) and Itachi did not have any trouble in Fighting Him....(Hey Kakshi never even touched Itachi...he was always doging Itachi's Atack) and another Jounin also did not have a chance...there is no point saying that he can beat Itachi only because Of the Sharingan Counter he have...

But can Gai Taijutsu really keep up with the Movement Reading of the sharingan?
even if he open the "Gates" he only have super Powers for seconds.....and itachi has shown that he is pretty good in setting up Bushins.....

i can see it know....GAi open 8 Gates..........Atack with all his speed Itachi...then itachi is lying on the ground...Gai sez..."I did it" just almost before he pass ou..the Itachi that is on the groun EXPLODES in hIS FACE!!!!!!!!!

En of story.....
Do you mean me? I was trying to get at that Hunter seems we think all of Gai's power(even though we've seen Lee do more) and that it's so small and minuscle compared to Tsunade. And I'm saying we don't know how strong he is.

Also about that, I think that Gai would have more of a chance agasint Itachi, I seriously doubt he would win at all, but I'm sure he would do better than Kakashi for his fighitng style is more suited. Well if he opened all 8 gates then he definitely would(but I'm not assuming he can).
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:43   Link #90
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Huh? Can you read? So I assumed something where I said 'probably' and 'who knows'? And even though it has some facts to back it up. I guess I overestimated yoru intelligence...
Yeah I can thanks.
And yeah you don't stop assuming to try to explain that Gai isn't way under the level of physical strength of Tsunade, firstly it was that Gai wouldn't fight at full force against someone not on his level then it was that Kisame could be incredibly strong -funny btw given that we talked of resistance and not strength here, etc.

They say an image worth 1000 words?


That was what Tsunade holded and swung while jumping to fight Manda and it's simply at a completely different level of strength compared to basically anyone in Naruto including Gai.

Quote:
At this point. You're an idiot. Since when did I say Gai is anywhere near the strength of Tsunade? And when did I say anything about Kisame aside from that he might be really strong seeing as how he comleteply overpowerd Asuma who is the 2nd strongest jounin in terms of strength in Konoha. You seem to be seeing things. My whole poitn is that we don't know hwo strong Gai is, or Kisame for that matter. While you assume that Gai went all out showing all his stuff already, if he did then gai is considerably weak than Lee. But you might think that laso.
I will let aside your uninteresting attempt of flame, try at least to be entertaining when you do that.
Our discussion about the strength of Tsunade and Gai last since several pages now and it started when I answered to a guy who was saying that Gai and Tsunade showed an equal strength that he was dreaming.
Then you came and say that I couldn't say that and that we don't know the extent of Gai's strength.
And again, yes I can, the story presented Tsunade as physically way stronger than anyone and btw if you think that the story presented Lee as physically stronger than Gai you're crazy.
But don't be shy, make a thread about that, that could be funny.

And yeah you used Kisame to try to make Gai's and Tsunade's strength more alike given that Tsunade's strength is enough to end a fight in one blow (which you tried to deny whereas it's stated -and showed- in the manga) whereas a blow of Gai didn't phase Kisame.

Quote:
You have no point. You go off rambling about other stuff then go debating about stuff that doesn't matter. you seem to be imaging that i said somethings and such. Where did I ever say he is as strong as Tsunade? Where? I am saying we haven't seeing Gai's full strenght.
Laughable.
That's even funnier because you're the one who started this discussion with me to begin with, these 'stuff that doesn't matter' are just points that you're unable to answer.

Quote:
Say building damage, we have seen Gai knock a guy through a wall that's about it. While we've seen Lee run and tear up the ground at the same time and bounceall over the place smashing things and also take down a resturaunt. Unless Gai is weaker than Lee, we haven't seen Gai's full strength which not even once I said it would be as strong as TSunade.
I will repeat myself : Lee doing more damage than Gai? Barely and he has opened the 5 Gates, and I also wonder how Gai dispersed like it was nothing the Sand attack of Gaara against which Lee was hopeless whereas Lee is supposed to have showed more strength.
And once again if you think that the story presented Gai as physically weaker than Gai you are crazy.

Quote:
your point is that Gai is vastly weaker than Tsunade. My point is that you don't know that, you're talking shit.
Same thing than above about your 'talking shit' stuff, at least be more imaginative and not plain boring in your flame.

And I'm become tired to repeat something so much obvious and showed several time in the manga, Tsunade is presented way stronger than Gai, plain and simple.

Quote:
If Itachi was drained after using it against Sasuke then the fight wasn't totally easy but the Itachi fight agaisnt Kakashi, Kakashi was able to counter a few of his moves. Itachi only landed that one move that was very tiring to him.
Oh yeah lol crushing Sasuke was really a hard moment for Itachi.
I find also funny that in the other hand you couldn't force yourself to say that it obvisouly wasn't easy for Lee to crush Sasuke given that he was going to use the Gate.

Gai and Lee are special for you at this point?

Quote:
Oh so whatever you say is a defnition? A word can only have 1 definition and that's what you think it is?
Not whatever I say, but it's different for whatever explanation in a dictionary.
And seeing your little quote your first move was to make a little visit to dictionary.com, so why didn't you posted the whole def?
You didn't like what you were reading which wasn't really fitting your 'it's not easy if you're tired a tiny bit' point?

Be happy, Here the whole def, I find especialy funny that you finally admitted that :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username
It was an easy fight but no walk in the park.
Hallelujah!

Quote:
By the way, we don't know how strong Gai is and not once did I say he can beat Itachi. I seriously doubt that, but it would certainly be more of a match with Gai than agaisnt Kakashi.
I like your 'certainely', fortunately your point is only to say that Gai could maybe be more of a match heh?

Then and for now the 3rd times (dunno why but you seem to have difficulty to see this question), how Gai could deal with an Explosive Kage Bunshin with this speed and Taijutsu?
And how could he resist as well as Kakashi against Itachi's attacks without the insight of the Sharingan?

Quote:
About Kisame's strenght. Well he used the tip of his sword and only 1 hand(really really at a disadvantage) and overpowerd Asuma who has probably #2 stats in strength of the jounins. SO I guess it's enough to assume that he has incredble strength, we don't know much else about him for Itachi told him not to use any of his flashy jutsus for they would draw attention.
And you were the one who said that I went off rambling about other stuff then went debating about stuff that doesn't matter!

So what's the relation of that?
... Oh yeah I remember you imply that Gai's strength isn't so different than Tsunade's and you need for that to assume that Kisame's resiliance is absolutely monstrous.
That's simply too bad that none of the characters ever made a comment about a particulary resistance ability hmm?



_____________
About the war, it doesn't seem to me that neither Gai not Kakashi were wounded at all, it looked more like they were covered by the blood of their opponents.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:05   Link #91
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Hmm.... Get it through your head. And I never assumed that Kisame is strong I said he is 'probabaly'. And sure would you think someone would come out of nowhere using their full strength against another person who he wasn't even going to fight?

And what about that? She threw a sword oh wow?

Lee has shown more damaging moves than Gai. So what if Gai dispersed the sand? Lee dispersed the floor of the room and an entire building.

My point is that we don't knwo Gai's strenght. ANd I never once said he is as stronga as Tsunade or anybody. And you seem to be implying that Kisame is ultra weak(as how you imlpy that i assume stuff such as Kisame's strength when I said probably)..And I never assumed that. Some people just annoy me...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:08   Link #92
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
So why don't you both start again and get your arguments/facts straight.

Edit: After some re-reading it looks like username is mostly avoiding the facts that Hunter has placed before him.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-09-19 at 14:48.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 15:10   Link #93
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Another beautiful example of Username not answering to any points ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Hmm.... Get it through your head. And I never assumed that Kisame is strong I said he is 'probabaly'.
=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username
About Kisame's strenght. Well he used the tip of his sword and only 1 hand(really really at a disadvantage) and overpowerd Asuma who has probably #2 stats in strength of the jounins. SO I guess it's enough to assume that he has incredble strength, we don't know much else about him for Itachi told him not to use any of his flashy jutsus for they would draw attention.
That's funny i don't see any probably, in the other hand I read you precisely saying that you assume that Kisame has an incredible strength.
And that was only in your previous post, really you should what you write.

Btw and for the second times now, we talk about his resilience not his strength.

Quote:
And sure would you think someone would come out of nowhere using their full strength against another person who he wasn't even going to fight?
"Who he wasn't going to fight", that's another priceless affirmation from you
So Gai thought he will not fight Kisame when he kicked him in order to stop him to attack and kill Asuma and Kurenai?
That's really amazing.

And yeah I think that when a ninja see another running for the kill against his comrade and friend he wouldn't weaken his blow.
That's your new point? That Gai didn't try to hurt Kisame?

Quote:
And what about that? She threw a sword oh wow?
LOL
Now thanks and I really mean it.
That's just too big a bad faith not to be funny

Quote:
Lee has shown more damaging moves than Gai. So what if Gai dispersed the sand? Lee dispersed the floor of the room and an entire building.
I will repeat myself : if you think that the story presented Lee to have more physical strenth than Gai, don't be shy and make a thread about that.

Quote:
My point is that we don't knwo Gai's strenght. ANd I never once said he is as stronga as Tsunade or anybody. And you seem to be implying that Kisame is ultra weak(as how you imlpy that i assume stuff such as Kisame's strength when I said probably)..And I never assumed that. Some people just annoy me...
I'm assuming that Kisame is weak? Oooooh?
When I said that he was easily pressuring Asuma with his sword maybe?

Btw just for the fun of it and for the 4th times now : how Gai could deal with an Explosive Kage Bunshin with this speed and Taijutsu?
And how could he resist as well as Kakashi against Itachi's attacks without the insight of the Sharingan?




Shay, I think my argument were pretty straight (before I start to write too much anyways ) :
  • Gai isn't as physically strong as Tsunade and by far.
  • Itachi vs. Kakashi was an easy fight.
  • Gai could do better than Kakashi against Itachi (that's up to Kishimoto ) but it's not particulary probable, his ability to fight not watching to the eyes allowing only not being beaten litteraly in a blink.


edit : ah well my list wasn't that useful for you finally but anyways it's for those who hadn't read our points because they have somewhat a life :P

edit 2 : *cough* I don't mean that you have no life to read my huge posts of course
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 15:11   Link #94
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Florida
Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
yes Hunter seems to be getting his facts dead on and im looking at it and his statements are generally correct in Naruto.
__________________

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 15:56   Link #95
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Well for what i said no facts is needed... that's the point. Look I'm not going to bother replying to any previous one(I did read them you base your facts on things I didn't even said while you say I imply it).

Like your example of Tsunade's strength so what. Gai may or may not(I think not). I never implied that Gai may be as strong as Tsuande. But I did imply that Gai may not be a bug compared to Tsunade as you imply. And yes we have seen Lee tear up the floor while we've seen Gai blow away sand. Which one requires more effort? We have seen Lee take down a entire restauraunt and we've seen Gai knock down a wall? So which one have we seen more strength from? I believe that we still need to see Gai's full power.

So here it is. We have not seen Gai's fulll power and he may not be a bug compared to Tsunade as you seem to think.

There. That's all I mean. Regardless of what I have said replying to somethign going off topic. That's my point okay?

I been doing nothing but stating that because all these 'facts' he's been posting have nothign to do with my point it mostly has to do with whatever absurd things he thinks I have said. And If I had said something like that and it's not stated here then oh well maybe I was feeling too annoyed at the moment by the lack of paying attention to my post and going off on another point that you think I have said.

edit: Just so you know I was mid way replaying through your post right after posting this and I noticed that all I responded with was to prove the meaning of my statement which you got wrong. Someone shouldn't have to baby the other person and explain every detail to the other person. So I hope this post cleared anything you couldn't figure out by yourself...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 16:06   Link #96
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
n/m, useless flaming on my side
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:09   Link #97
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Well for what i said no facts is needed... that's the point.
I think Hunter's already established that fact.

Quote:
Gai may or may not(I think not).
Write in complete sentences, please. I have trouble ascertaining what exactly you mean with this fragment.

Also,
Spoiler:


For the record, my interpretation of Kisame and the sword is that Asuma was more overpowered by the sword itself, which seems to have a mind and a power of its own.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:35   Link #98
kboykb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Psst.. hey.. Itachi and Kisame left, and Gai took off on the pursuit! Unless he knew that Jiraiya was going to be there to encounter them, why would he go in pursuit of them without anbu members or other jounins? Hrmm.. Hrrrrmmmmm..

His power is unparalleled.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:38   Link #99
Satoru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
Psst.. hey.. Itachi and Kisame left, and Gai took off on the pursuit! Unless he knew that Jiraiya was going to be there to encounter them, why would he go in pursuit of them without anbu members or other jounins? Hrmm.. Hrrrrmmmmm..

His power is unparalleled.
Actually, he followed Sasuke.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 19:07   Link #100
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Actually, he followed Sasuke.
I don't think that's the point.... Not sure what he exactly meant but do you mean the confidence on taking Itachi and Kisame alone?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.