AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the most canon
IchigoxRukia 198 46.81%
IshidaxOrihime 22 5.20%
UraharaxYoruichi 86 20.33%
ShunsuixNanao 29 6.86%
HitsugayaxHinamori 34 8.04%
MatsumotoxGin 54 12.77%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-02, 09:28   Link #581
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
watch this video and try not to like Senna x Ichigo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSfsEFmHM4
Hey Senna X Ichigo isn't a cannon since Senna is a filler character.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 11:23   Link #582
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Too bad, it's everyone's favorite ship anyways :P
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 19:04   Link #583
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Except that that particular Bleach film was about as canon as you could possibly get with a film/manga franchise.

It didn't have manga source material but Kubo was a part of the film making process and had a say. The way they did it, so that it played along with the existing manga, leaves me to believe that it was intended to be canon. It's why they felt the need to wrap it up so nicely in the end with everyone forgetting about her so it wouldn't rock the boat.

For the time that she was around, I definitely think Senna x Ichigo was a canon ship and it was intended to be seen as such.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 20:12   Link #584
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Interesting POV.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 09:25   Link #585
GinFanGurl
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: kuwait
it could work out....kenpachi and matsumoto....

my reaction over it ''its...inque...thats for sure ''
__________________
I am strong, because I am weak.
I am beautiful, because I know my flaws.
I am a lover, because I am a fighter.
I am fearless, because I have been afraid.
I am wise, because I have been foolish.
And I can laugh, because I've known sadness....
GinFanGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 10:58   Link #586
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Wait so people love Ulquirra X Orihime, but no one cares for Ishida X Inoue. Does thta really make sense.
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:06   Link #587
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
No, but since when as shipping made sense anymore?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 14:16   Link #588
Dusk_
Forever Fallen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Wait so people love Ulquirra X Orihime, but no one cares for Ishida X Inoue. Does thta really make sense.
Ulquoiraa X Orihime has this tragic aspect to it. It's the whole Starcrossed Lovers thing...it's been popular since Romeo and Juliet.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:31   Link #589
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Ulquoiraa X Orihime has this tragic aspect to it. It's the whole Starcrossed Lovers thing...it's been popular since Romeo and Juliet.
Except that Ulq relationship is a far departure from starcrossed lovers
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:59   Link #590
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Ulquoiraa X Orihime has this tragic aspect to it. It's the whole Starcrossed Lovers thing...it's been popular since Romeo and Juliet.
I see absolutely no correlation or similarities.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 21:39   Link #591
Dusk_
Forever Fallen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I see absolutely no correlation or similarities.
It's not like many people get the point of Romeo and Juliet in the first place, so it's really not relevant how similar they are .

It's really just the guy dying the moment he "discovers his heart". If there is any tragic death on any side of a pairing, you're guaranteed to get a mass amount of shippers.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 22:07   Link #592
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
I got the point of that story very well. I just don't see what it has to do with this. I see how one can like Romeo and Juliet as a story (I actually don't, but I do understand it). But my reasons for disliking the Ulqhime pairing are completely different.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 01:43   Link #593
Dusk_
Forever Fallen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I got the point of that story very well. I just don't see what it has to do with this. I see how one can like Romeo and Juliet as a story (I actually don't, but I do understand it). But my reasons for disliking the Ulqhime pairing are completely different.
I wasn't trying to justify the pairing. Just saying why it's so popular.

Just like Romeo and Juliet, people look past the serious issues, and choose to see a story about "tragic love".
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:20   Link #594
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
I wasn't trying to justify the pairing. Just saying why it's so popular.

Just like Romeo and Juliet, people look past the serious issues, and choose to see a story about "tragic love".
Well, just to throw in my two cents, it would really be more like a Tony and Maria (from West Side Story) 'tragic love' audiences would be looking for and would find endearing. Though WSS is based off of Romeo and Juliet, there are a couple of key differences (though there's really only one) that help support your argument better when it's a Tony and Maria vs. Ulquiorra and Orihime comparison instead of Romeo and Juliet one. Seeing as...
Spoiler for End to West Side Story:
But anyway, I know that my information was a little unnecessary but I was forced to see WSS about 4 times in the past and even had to do a marching band show last year based off of the musical--which I pretty much detest with all of my heart. I just thought this might help you.
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:55   Link #595
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
All who see some kind of love relationship in Ulq and Hime are girls, who find the tragic love story very canon and appealing to themselves. And misinterpret Orihime's compassion to everyone( to Ulq in this case) as romantic feelings.

Personally I fail to see any logic in such a pairing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Except that that particular Bleach film was about as canon as you could possibly get with a film/manga franchise.

It didn't have manga source material but Kubo was a part of the film making process and had a say. The way they did it, so that it played along with the existing manga, leaves me to believe that it was intended to be canon. It's why they felt the need to wrap it up so nicely in the end with everyone forgetting about her so it wouldn't rock the boat.

For the time that she was around, I definitely think Senna x Ichigo was a canon ship and it was intended to be seen as such.
I completely agree with you.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:15   Link #596
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
I wasn't trying to justify the pairing. Just saying why it's so popular.

Just like Romeo and Juliet, people look past the serious issues, and choose to see a story about "tragic love".
Ok I got ya. That's indeed very true
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.