AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-06, 01:05   Link #501
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
well you should know that the house of Ferris is a secret organization that works only for the king! and Ryner being Roland's strongest magician is a secret cuz they don't want to reveal that the Alpha Stigma...the cursed eye that brings fourth disaster be in Roland itself! and under Roland's king protection! so the only one who have access to that 2 place are the King and people that the king wants to know that secret
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 01:20   Link #502
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well you should know that the house of Ferris is a secret organization that works only for the king! and Ryner being Roland's strongest magician is a secret cuz they don't want to reveal that the Alpha Stigma...the cursed eye that brings fourth disaster be in Roland itself! and under Roland's king protection! so the only one who have access to that 2 place are the King and people that the king wants to know that secret
But Milan's been giving the impression that he knows what's happening no? Not knowing about them somewhat diminishes his mystique.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 01:49   Link #503
Shiki Nanaya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Episode 6

Spoiler for EPISODE 6:


@Sinestra: We will know about Ferris soon enough, I am interested about her and Ryner even more so. Though I'm pretty sure more than her brothers orders and dango, she will follow Ryner (I havent read the novels, but just looking at the Promotional Vid 2, it's quite spoiling alot of things that will happen ahead)

@Hypernova: Nah, Milan is not like Lucille! Didnt you think that Lucille is far more stronger, mysterious, conniving, and scheming that Milan? I mean he knows a lot more of what's going on that Milan. For example, Milan didnt know about Ryner and his Alpha Stigma. Lucille already knows it, and even more so, by his description of Ryner being "a lonely monster clinging on a pleasant dream while he weeps."

I think Milan is actually just a subordinate of Sion that's trying to earn his way to the top and wanting to witness a change in his country. But Lucille is very different, he doesnt act or feel like even pretending to be Sion's subordinate and actually voices out his intentions that Sion is a king which is nothing more than an object and even threatens him about it. I'm much more interested in Lucille and his true objectives than Milan's. Plus I'm actually wondering if there will be a fight between Lucille and Ryner, now that would be a sight to behold! I wonder who will Ferris side with?
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 01:49   Link #504
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
That Relic artifact shinning always at the presence of Sion gives me a bad feeling Milan is trying to pull something.

Has the abilities of the Hero documented? Else it would say his descendants have those same abilities.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 02:09   Link #505
Shiki Nanaya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
That girl in Ferris's picture book explanation looks strangely happy to be molested by the wolf.
Is she implying something? > : )
Im starting to think Ferris is a closet perv. She comes up with scenarios most of us would never dream of and she has visuals. You know what they say the more someone denies something or tries to push it off on others well..........
LOL My thoughts exactly! Ferris must be one! I mean the girl in Ferris's picture book (IMO is most likely her imagination/perhaps inner desire) is Ferris herself! The boy and the wolf is practically Ryner lol!
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 02:31   Link #506
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The discussion about Sion taking too much screen time caught my interest and I decided to count how much time take up Sion's events and FxR journey in comparison after 5 episodes

Sion - 41min and 28 sec
FxR journey related events - 27 min and 03 sec

So it does have sense when one complains about Sion hogging a lot of time, despite it looking balanced but so far Sion does have more screen focus. I guess that a lot of his breaks are short that what gives poeple the feeling that it is balanced but so far it is not.

But I do think that the further the journey goes the more focus FxR will get and should surpass Sion in terms of screentime.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 08:11   Link #507
nubby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boston, MA
This show is starting out slow and getting boring very quickly. I can't believe this will go on for 26 episodes. I want some action dammit.

40% of the show is Sion and his servants talking
20% of Ferris talking about dango or being offered dango,
20% of it is her talking about her beauty and beating up Ryner
15% fillers of civilians talking
4% Ryner talking about napping
1% action.

I hope something develops quickly but I'm guessing that nothing will happen until episode 15-16.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 08:39   Link #508
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
This show is starting out slow and getting boring very quickly. I can't believe this will go on for 26 episodes. I want some action dammit.

40% of the show is Sion and his servants talking
20% of Ferris talking about dango or being offered dango,
20% of it is her talking about her beauty and beating up Ryner

15% fillers of civilians talking
4% Ryner talking about napping
1% action.

I hope something develops quickly but I'm guessing that nothing will happen until episode 15-16.
And you have a problem with those because....??
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 08:51   Link #509
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
And you have a problem with those because....??
Beating is bit too much. I love tsunderes and all... But even I am starting to get of all beatings because most that she does is usually beat him or stomp on him. It gets tedious after a while.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 09:51   Link #510
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Beating is bit too much. I love tsunderes and all... But even I am starting to get of all beatings because most that she does is usually beat him or stomp on him. It gets tedious after a while.
Ferris a tsundere? I think you're off on that. Ryner is more like a toy. Like how she treated Sion as her gofer for dangos.

Her brother is a bit messed up that she keeps Iris from the gruesome stuff.

But man we don't know if Keifer will be back but Ryner seems to have his own harem if we include the girl chasing him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 10:49   Link #511
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ferris a tsundere? I think you're off on that. Ryner is more like a toy. Like how she treated Sion as her gofer for dangos.
Isnt it how some tsunderes treat their interests? I mean toying with them (Horo, Sheryl at some point Hitagi) but it is true that she lacks dere to be a true tsundere.

More like she is just dango crazy bitch towards Ryner than a tsundere the way she treats him. But maybe we will see something dere from her sometime which would allow us to call her a tsuyndere then, because she certainly has enough tsun its just no real dere here. Mind you that I didn't call Ferris a tsundere. I just meant that I am used to tsunderes and their tsuns. And Ferris certainly treats Ryner like a dirt (you cant say that she treats him like a dog because people are more kind to dogs than she is to Ryner).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 12:51   Link #512
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
I hope something develops quickly but I'm guessing that nothing will happen until episode 15-16.
Considering that they just crammed a whole volume in episode 6, something just did. But generally, the light novel is very slow paced as well and the dango jokes aren't going anywhere.

So I've heard, anyway.


Ferris is as much a kuudere as she is a tsundere, and by that I mean neither. The tsun in tsundere is usually characterized by aloofness or agitation, abuses that come from playfulness doesn't count.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 14:19   Link #513
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Ferris is as much a kuudere as she is a tsundere, and by that I mean neither. The tsun in tsundere is usually characterized by aloofness or agitation, abuses that come from playfulness doesn't count.
Oh but they count and count very much - look at Sherryl or Horo. This is the type C tsunderes that use smirk as their method so certainly it counts. Playfulness and teasing works just as much as anger.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:12   Link #514
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I haven't seen Macross Frontier, so I know nothing about Sheryl. Horo is a tsundere because she gets agitated with Lawrence, and would have outbursts sometimes (the Bushy Tail!), then proceed to become all dere dere afterwards.

What is this type C you speak of?

Unless the definition of tsundere has changed or expanded in the last year, playful teasing shouldn't be part of it. In that case, the stroke would be really, really broad. Essentially anyone who exhibits more than one emotion would be considered a tsundere (any girl that isn't servile), though the term was coined to be rather exclusive in the beginning.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:26   Link #515
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I haven't seen Macross Frontier, so I know nothing about Sheryl. Horo is a tsundere because she gets agitated with Lawrence, and would have outbursts sometimes (the Bushy Tail!), then proceed to become all dere dere afterwards.

What is this type C you speak of?

Unless the definition of tsundere has changed or expanded in the last year. In that case, the stroke would be really, really broad. Essentially anyone who exhibits more than one emotion would be considered a tsundere (like, anyone with a personality), though the term was coined to be rather exclusive in the beginning.
A type C is the type who uses Smirk as main tsun method, And smirk involves teasing or verbal sparring as long as it masks the heroine's feelings. It can be playful but as long as it is aimed against her love interest and it masks her feelings (ir reactions to a particular situations) it works.

Abd Nmind you that Ferris abuse is not really playful. I would see how playful you would count being constantly kicked, stomped and insulted by words around.

If you count it playful then Louise from znt is a very playful girl towards her love interests.

Playful I count Horo or Sheryl acting. Not ferris.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:47   Link #516
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
A type C is the type who uses Smirk as main tsun method, And smirk involves teasing or verbal sparring as long as it masks the heroine's feelings. It can be playful but as long as it is aimed against her love interest and it masks her feelings (ir reactions to a particular situations) it works.

Abd Nmind you that Ferris abuse is not really playful. I would see how playful you would count being constantly kicked, stomped and insulted by words around.

If you count it playful then Louise from znt is a very playful girl towards her love interests.

Playful I count Horo or Sheryl acting. Not ferris.
I've never heard of this type C tsundere thing. Where did you get this from?

Louise has a very different kind of violence than Ferris. Notice how she's always angry when attacking Saito, while Ferris is quite more nonchalant. It's like a playful slap (except that since this is anime, everything is exaggerated).

I'm getting the sense that you are defining (or the current definition if you epitomizes as such) Tsundere as anything that pertains to masking personal feelings. I don't agree with this definition, though I'm probably fairly removed from label slapping and probably have become quite anachronistic.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:51   Link #517
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
I get the feeling that Ryner's nickname has a big meaning..... Kuro-Kami black hair/ black god! well he have many nickname "Roland's Saikyo no Majutsushi" "Kuro-Kami no Akuma" 'Alpha Stigma" and
Spoiler for Ryner:

I wish they explain them all....! how did he became saikyo and how the hell was he cursed with alpha stigma!
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 17:06   Link #518
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hm, this series lacks something to keep me interested. Each episode is about things I have watched in other anime in a far better way. Plus, the plot is simple and even convinient, full of tired tsun jokes.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 17:19   Link #519
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I've never heard of this type C tsundere thing. Where did you get this from?

Louise has a very different kind of violence than Ferris. Notice how she's always angry when attacking Saito, while Ferris is quite more nonchalant. It's like a playful slap (except that since this is anime, everything is exaggerated).

I'm getting the sense that you are defining (or the current definition if you epitomizes as such) Tsundere as anything that pertains to masking personal feelings. I don't agree with this definition, though I'm probably fairly removed from label slapping and probably have become quite anachronistic.
A slap nonchalant is still a slap thats why if you are abusing someone it doesn't really matter what kind of face you make while you do it - abuse is still an abuse, in other words a tsun.

Type C mostly comes when Type A and Type B is not enough to describe, and when mostly the girl is using a smirk tsun form. Smirk involves teasing or verbally sparing someone it doesn't matter if you do it playfully or not, as long as you do it - it is a method of tsun.

And ferris is clearly using the smirk tsun method in there. The only questionable is her dere at this point.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 17:37   Link #520
Ichijo
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I like Ferris's violent side, and I think that part should remain. Not static, because I would like character development, but without big changes.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.